Unable to open project using web service proxy wizard

Using PB9.01
Full message: Unable to open this project because the add-on software that
was used to create it could not be found.  Perhaps this project was built on
another system?
When:  Using Web service proxy wizard, after I have choosen a WSDL file
(url) , a service, a port, a library to store the project and click finish.

What I'm I doing wrong?

Diane
6/23/2004 2:17:04 PM
sybase.webservices 823 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Sorry I am posting another problem I am facing. Please
excuse me for that.
I am using Power Builder 7.0 and I am very new to this
product. I have one requirement. I have one data
window.There is one Button "Update" on the main window. On
the Click of "Update", I want to call the methods of Web
Services before updation in Database. The Database updation
is going on through "Update Properties" settings.

Now My Query is , Is is to possible to call WebService in
Power Builder 7.0 , if yes then How can I call in the above
scenerion.?

Please reply it as soon as possible.

Sandeep.

> Using PB9.01
> Full message: Unable to open this project because the
> add-on software that was used to create it could not be
> found.  Perhaps this project was built on another system?
> When:  Using Web service proxy wizard, after I have
> choosen a WSDL file (url) , a service, a port, a library
> to store the project and click finish.
>
> What I'm I doing wrong?
> Thanks

0
samdeep
6/23/2004 3:32:16 PM
Check for another copy of PBVM90.DLL on your system.  This error
typically means PBVM is being loaded from a directory other than that
containing additional PB DLLs needed in theproject painters.  For some
reason, they need to be in the same directory.

On 23 Jun 2004 07:17:04 -0700, "Diane Truyens"
<diane.truyens@aktiv.be> wrote:

>Using PB9.01
>Full message: Unable to open this project because the add-on software that
>was used to create it could not be found.  Perhaps this project was built on
>another system?
>When:  Using Web service proxy wizard, after I have choosen a WSDL file
>(url) , a service, a port, a library to store the project and click finish.
>
>What I'm I doing wrong?
>Thanks

Jim O'Neil
Principal Technical Support Engineer
Sybase, Inc.
Concord, MA
0
joneil

cannot create proxy using the web services proxy wizard
I am trying to access a PB component deployed to EAS via web services. I've created the wsdl document and I am able to call this web service from a ..Net client (I've created the proxy classes using to microsoft wsdl), so the web service is working fine. The problems is that when I try to create the proxy in PB the web service proxy wizard say that it is "Unable to process document referenced in "import" element." I've tryed with both wstest.wsdl and wstestImpl.wsdl, I am not sure about what is the right document to use. I've added pbsoapclient90.p...

New to web services, why does PB10 web service proxy wizard say there are no services?
here... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl oops typo... still doesn't show any services though... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/2005-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl "Chance" <chance@booklog.com> wrote in message news:43b44cb3$1@forums-1-dub... > here... > > http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl > Upgraded to 10.2x and now seems to be working...at least it created the proxy. "Chance" <chance@booklog.co...

Problem in opening WEB Solution
 Hi, I am trying to open web solution created by someone else. I have created appropriate Virtual Directory for it. But problem is that I am not able to open it in VS 2003. I am getting following erron in dialog box: Dialog box title = Web Access Failed The default Web access mode for this project is setto file share, but the project folder at 'http://localhost/DataPagerDemo' cannot be opened with the path 'd:/indetpub/wwwroot/DataPagerDemo'. The error returned was Unable to open Web project 'DataPagerDemo'. The Web 'DataPagerDemo' located on server 'http://localhost' does not exi...

Running a web service proxy wizard project
Hi there, XP - PB9 build 7661 Running such project (after creating it with no errors) failed with error message "Wrong library list returned for operation." Am I doing something wrong? Or missing some point at set-up level? I saw the "pbsoapclient90.pbd" stuff and the dll is "in the path". I downloaded weather example (http://downloads.sybase.com/codexchange/powerbuilder/246/weatherreport_mk.zip) , ran the weather example perfectly even if the service is not available but this is another story. One thing though, running the web service proxy wizard ...

Runtime error with webservice proxy class when using Web Deployment Project
I have a webservice proxy class in my App_Code folder that I have created with the wsdl.exe command-line.  When I compile and run my project everything works fine ... but when I merge the code together into a single dll with a Web Deployment project .. then I get a strange reflection error when executing the webservice proxy class.  Here is the error... Binary format of the specified custom attribute was invalid. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error ...

Web service proxy wizard will not create proxy
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub49ccf1c9 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit It says that there is no service in the WSDL file. I have the wsdl attached. I am using the EasySoap and not the .NET assemblies. This is on PB 10.5.1. Thanks much, Jim ---=_forums-1-dub49ccf1c9 Content-Type: text/xml; name="AssemblerService.xml" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="AssemblerService.xml" PD94bWwgdmVyc2lvbj0iMS4wIiBlbmNvZGluZz0iVVRGLT...

no service in WSDL file " in Web Service Proxy Wizard
Hi Group! While trying to deploy a project generated using 'Web Service Proxy Wizard', I'm getting following error "no service in WSDL file". Web service was created using Visual Studio .Net 2003, and I am able to run it as it is or ASP.Net client without any problem. Another Question How can I consume 2 functions en the web services 1. Send me a DataSet as a Result 2. Give me a String (XML) as a Result I hope you can Help me. Send me a Email ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp You ca...

Unable to open the Web 'http://server/site'. Server Error: The version of Windows SharePoint Services running on the server is more recent than the version of FrontPage you are using. You need a more
I get this error trying to open a web created on W2003/IIS6/SPPS.  .NET2.0 is installed with it;s own IIS App Pool.  My web service web is assigned to that pool. "Unable to open the Web 'http://server/site'. Server Error: The version of Windows SharePoint Services running on the server is more recent than the version of FrontPage you are using. You need a more recent version of FrontPage. " The web was created with VS2005 installed on the server, but I'd rather not have VS installed on the server as a requirement.  /Bob C in GRR have you got a solution for this problem ?...

Can't open my VS2003 project: The project you are trying to open is a Web project. You need to open it by specifying its URL path.
Hello. I am using visual studio 2003. I am trying to open a visual studio 2003 project that was written a few years ago using visual studio 2003. Currently the project resides in the virtual directory named Inetpub\wwwroot.  My problem is that I am not able to open the project. When I do try and open the project, I get the following error message:  The project you are trying to open is a Web project. You need to open it by specifying its URL path.  I don't know what is going on here? Someone please help me out. Note that I have tried two different ways to open th...

Open project Vs Open project from web
what is the difference when opening ASP .net application in VS .net Thanks in advance feed the creative machine I usually have to use Open Project from Web when I'm adding an existing web project to a different solution. I usually use Open project to directly open either the solution or the project.Eric LandesMADNUG President http://www.madnug.netCrystal Alliance EditorBlog http://aspadvice.com/blogs/elandesMicrosoft MVP Open Project: we browse to the Physical path of the solution (it search the virtual path in the end) Open project from web: we give the virtual path of the proje...

"no service in WSDL file " in Web Service Proxy Wizard
I'm trying to follow the "EAServer Web Service Using PowerBuilder Component and Client" tutorial but when I get to the Select Service window(after just having entered the WSDL file name in the previous window) I get "There is no service in the WSDL file." and the Services list is empty. I found an earlier post where this problem seemed to be resolved by combining the 2 WSDL files(pb_hello.wsdl and pb_helloImpl.wsdl) into one file, but this has not worked for me. Has anyone else had this problem? ...

Changing URL in web.config for web service
I added a web reference to asmx file. In web.config - it adds - undefinedadd key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test/CoreServices.asmx I then change it to <add key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test2/CoreServices.asmx"/> But CoreService.CoreServices still looks for http://test/CoreServices.asmx.  What else do i have to change? I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ So no ...

Unable to Open Web Project
Hello All, When I first try to open a project on my localhost web server using Visual Studio I get the following message: "Unable to open Web project 'XYZ'. Could not find a web server at 'localhost'. Please check to make sure that the web server name is valid and your proxy settings are set correcty. If you are sure that everything is correct, the web server may be temporarily out of service." Then, if I Close the Solution (because it is open with no project) and try it again I am prompted for a username and password and am able to connect. This only happens wit...

Web resources about - Unable to open project using web service proxy wizard - sybase.webservices

Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the urban low-income housing buildings called projects, see public housing . For other uses, see Project (disambiguation) . The word project ...

The Project Shrink - Welcome To Shrinkonia.
... about the importance of the environment we work in and the stories we tell, we should have a Set Designer and a Storyteller on our projects. ...

Better Projects
I think this book by Tobias is beautifully written. There is real craftmanship in the prose here. The book is made up of independent self contained ...

Letters to Nauru: child penpals bond in Befriend A Child In Detention project
Letters written by Preston schoolchildren to children in detention on Nauru have mysteriously disappeared.

Microsoft Office 365 now offers a project management app
Microsoft has announced the release of a preview and testing version of its new lightweight project management application Planner. The application ...

"Middle-class and higher-income parents see their children as projects in need of careful cultivation..." ...
"They try to develop their skills through close supervision and organized activities, and teach children to question authority figures and navigate ...

Kelly Rowland is working on her first music project in years — here's what to expect
Kelly Rowland exclusively told INSIDER that she's working on her first music video in two and half years. "I haven’t said that to anybody, but ...

Divers work to clean up failed Florida reef project from the '70s
Up to two million tires, bundled by metal clips, were dumped to create an artificial reef; but now they're damaging it

$21 Million And 7 Years Later, New Ocean Energy Project Will Imitate Kelp
... under water off the Australia coast, where it will generate electricity from swells $21 Million And 7 Years Later, New Ocean Energy Project ...

Fortune Feimster Upped To Regular On ‘The Mindy Project’
Fortune Feimster , who joined the fourth season of comedy series The Mindy Project as a recurring, has been promoted to series regular. Feimster ...