How do I set a session ID in a web service SOAP header using a .NET proxy?

I have a web service proxy set up in PB 10.5.  I need to set a session ID in
the SOAP header so the web service can validate subsequent requests for this
session.  Is this possible?

0
Libby
4/20/2006 8:40:54 PM
sybase.webservices 823 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can't modify the SOAP headers unfortunately.  That capability is
supposed to be forthcoming in an EBF/Maintenance Release, but I do not
now of an specific timeframe.

On 20 Apr 2006 13:40:54 -0700, "Libby Engelbret"
<lengelbret@npomn.com> wrote:

>I have a web service proxy set up in PB 10.5.  I need to set a session ID in
>the SOAP header so the web service can validate subsequent requests for this
>session.  Is this possible?

0
Jim

How to generate multipage Header and Footers using ASP.NET on web pages.How to generate multipage Header and Footers using ASP.NET on web pages.
Hi,I am developing an application in ASP .NET where I have to generate a Header and a Footer on my web pages. The issue is that, these headers and footers need to be dynamically placed on the page. For example, if the page length is 1 page, there will be only 1 header and 1 footer. But if the page length is larger, and when we do the print/print preview of the page and it goes to say more than 1 page, then I need the headers and footers on all the pages. In abstract, I need the headers and footers on all the pages depending on the length of the page generated. I am developing the applicati...

Can I use session variables in web services the same way I use them in regular ASP.Net apps?
When I convert our existing ASP.Net software to a web services architecture, can I continue using session variables the same way I did them in my original non-webservices ASP.Net application? Or I have to do a lot of re-work with respect to session variables when converting existing ASP.Net apps to a web services architecture?sun21170 Web services were designed to be stateless, but if you really want to maintain session state, check out this article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnservice/html/service08062002.asp Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton'...

Web Service Proxy is ignorning SOAP:Header
I'm using a custom soap header to return any errors that are generated by sql server calls. In my webserivce call to UpdatePatientPersonal I'm missing a stored procedure parameter so my ExecuteNonQuery is generating a SQLException which I catch. I take the necessary bits of info from this exception and add them to my custom Soapheader object. I've registed the the outputted header using the SoapHeaderAttribute. I added in a tracer to intercept the SOAP messages and to output them to a log file. When I make the call, the logfile shows that the SoapHeader error is in place and that ...

consume coldfusion web service in asp.net using soap request
HiI need invoke a web service which is written in coldfusion from an asp.net page using soap request. anyone has done this before? a sample code will be great help! thanks in advance!! hi Anyone know how to send a soap request to a wsdl web service with parameters? I am hammering this for the last few days with no luck See...You have to write SOAP Envelope and give SOAP Action as WebService URL. Pass this SOAP to server using XMLHTTP or any suitable methos you find. Suppose you have one webservice having a function Add(fNo as Integer,sNo as Integer) then you can call this using soap...

Accessing Request headers from asp.net web service, invoked using Ajax
                I need a small help. I have a web service, in which I have a web method, which detects the browser locale using asp.net request object. If I invoke the web service directly from the browser, I am able to get the browser language from Request object’s HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE header. But If I invoke the same web method from some aspx using javascript XMLHttpRequest, I always get the request header HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE null. Is this the behavior of the web services. Then how can I access the browse...

Web Services returning objects; Cannot serialize in Viewstate/Session due to SOAP headers
Our company has moved from InProc to StateServer Session State recently, and I've run into the problem of not being able to store objects that are returned from the Web Service into the Session because the SOAP Headers are not serializable. How can I combat this problem? Also, if this is a big issue, is there another way I can store these objects in order to persist them through postbacks for sorting on a Gridview? Application level variables seem to be overlapping data between multiple users. In my opinion , using the object that is returned from a webservice in your pages and direc...

passing encrypted data in the SOAP headers from Delphi to an ASP.Net web service
Hi All, I was able to get some help with this in another group but no final answer. I've created an ASP.Net web service to provide shared capability to a number of our applications -- both Delphi client/server and ASP.Net web apps. We want to be able to restrict this web service to just our own applications and protect it from anyone who might "discover" it and try and use it. I've created a custom SOAP header which works just fine. I can use the web service from a Delphi app with no trouble. The problem is that I'd like to encrypt one of the attribute...

Error using ASP.NET Ajax web service proxy on the javascript side.
hello, I have a web service (marked with the "WebService" and "ScriptService" attributes) with a "string getEntityData(string dataID)" method (which is marked with the "WebMethod" and "ScriptMethod") that returns some data serialized into the JSON format. I add a SerivceReference inside the services part of the ScriptManager tag of my aspx page. In one location in this page's global javascript section (a script tag) i call the getEntityData in the follwing manner: Namespace1.WebService1.getEntityData(dataID, sucessHandler, null, null)...

Bad gateway error consuming web service using proxy and ASP.NET
The subject doesn't really do it justice.  I've pulled out much hair over this, so I hope a guru out there can quickly see the err of my ways.   I have created (with the help of some code from articles) a web service that accesses an external web site (outside of our company firewall).   I have coded the web proxy and credentials into the web service.  In testing via a browser, the web service performs correctly, in that it authenticates thru the firewall and returns data to the browser in XML format.  Now I need to consume that web service in an ASP.NET ap...

How do I use a web service in asp.net where the WSDL file includes SOAP MIME attachments?
I am trying to incorporate a web service (that includes attachments) in a asp.net solution:http://www.imarket.co.uk/Polaris/WSDL/Messenger.wsdl When I use the following:wsewsdl3 http://www.imarket.co.uk/Polaris/WSDL/Messenger.wsdl  /out:Messenger.vb /language:VB /type:webClient I get the following message:'CODEGEN: The operation binding 'MessengerOp' from namespace 'http://www.polaris-uk.co.uk/Utilities/1_1/Messenger' was ignored.  Missing soap:body input binding. After searching the web, I understand that .net cannot use web services which incorporate MIME ...

ASP.NET app using external web service getting proxy authentication error
To appease those who need appeasing...I have reposted this to be specific to the ASP.NET applications that are using this library.I have an ASP.NET 2.0 web application that consumes an external web service. It has passed a userid and password to a web proxy object to pass through our corporate proxy server. Our operations staff has just changed the proxy server so that it now pulls credentials from our Active Directory. As such, connection to an external URL is handled by the Windows login credentials of the currently logged in user. In my particular case, since my application is doing ...

How to implement WSE 3.0 SOAP Security Header for Webservice call using .NET Engine
Hello, I am using PB 11.5 and trying to call webserice using .Net engine. My problem is webservice I am calling requires me to populate soap header as per WSE 3.0. my WSDL doesn't contain any reference to soap header as a result of this I am not able to populate user ID, password, Token .etc. I need to populate security header like below. <soapenv:Header> <wsse:Security soapenv:mustUnderstand="1" xmlns:wsse="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/oasis-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.1.xsd"> <wsse:UsernameToken> <wsse:Username>your_id</wsse:U...

cannot create proxy using the web services proxy wizard
I am trying to access a PB component deployed to EAS via web services. I've created the wsdl document and I am able to call this web service from a ..Net client (I've created the proxy classes using to microsoft wsdl), so the web service is working fine. The problems is that when I try to create the proxy in PB the web service proxy wizard say that it is "Unable to process document referenced in "import" element." I've tryed with both wstest.wsdl and wstestImpl.wsdl, I am not sure about what is the right document to use. I've added pbsoapclient90.p...

Web resources about - How do I set a session ID in a web service SOAP header using a .NET proxy? - sybase.webservices

Joint session of the United States Congress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Joint sessions of the United States Congress are the gatherings together of both houses of the United States Congress (the House of Representatives ...

Rona Ambrose Kicks Off National Tour Ahead Of Parliament's Winter Session 0
While the Liberals and New Democrats have strategy sessions planned, the Conservatives are taking a different approach.

The Logic Pros: 3 overlooked tricks to keep your Logic sessions tidy and efficient
In this week’s episode of The Logic Pros , we will be taking a look at three handy little tricks to keep things moving, a little more tidy and ...

PAUL RYAN WHINES: Cruz and Sessions Lying About Omnibus Funding New Wave of Muslim Migration
By Julia Hahn In a Tuesday morning interview with radio host Bill Bennett, House Speaker Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) implied that prominent conservative ...

Comment at the URPE-AEA Session: Causes of the Great Recession and the Prospects for Recovery
Notes for My Comment at the URPE-AEA Session: [Causes of the Great Recession and the Prospects for Recovery][a] * Presiding: Fred Moseley * David ...

Foxing recorded a live session of "The Magdalene" in a cabin
by Andrew Sacher photo: Foxing at Bowery Ballroom in 2015 (more by Mimi Hong) During the writing and demoing sessions for last year's great Dealer, ...

Venkaiah Naidu attacks Chidambaram, hopes GST passes in Budget session
Naidu alleged that as per the 'script', the Congress was 'dodgy' on this important issue

Saturday Sessions: Aoife O’Donovan performs “The King of All Birds” - Videos - CBS News
The singer and songwriter graduated from the New England Conservatory of Music in her native Boston, and after singing with a progressive bluegrass ...

Jeff Sessions Releases Book Of Charts Putting Immigration And Green Card Issuances Into Shocking Perspective ...
Jeff Sessions Releases Book Of Charts Putting Immigration And Green Card Issuances Into Shocking Perspective

‘Uncle Buck’ Grapples With Race During TCA Session
In the fall of 1990, CBS was about to debut a TV adaptation of the John Hughes’ John Candy starrer Uncle Buck , and TV critics attending TCA ...