cannot create proxy using the web services proxy wizard

I am trying to access a PB component deployed to EAS via web services.
I've created the wsdl document and I am able to call this web service from a
..Net client (I've created the proxy classes using to microsoft wsdl), so the
web service is working fine.
The problems is that when I try to create the proxy in PB the web service
proxy wizard say that
 it is "Unable to process document referenced in "import" element."
I've tryed with both wstest.wsdl and wstestImpl.wsdl, I am not sure about
what is the right document to use.
I've added pbsoapclient90.pdb to my library list.

Any thoughts?

--
Regards,

Silvio Piovesan
Analyst Programmer
Capita Business Services Limited
London.

0
Silvio
9/25/2003 9:56:31 AM
sybase.webservices 823 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Silvio.

Maybe this will help - it is a tested set of step-by-step instructions to
use a PB9 component as an EAServer4 Web service, and call it from a PB
client.  It might help point out the issue
PB 9 Component as EAServer 4.2 Web Service
http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1025568

Regards,
  Jackie Green
  Sybase, Inc.

"Silvio Piovesan" <silvio.piovesan@capita.co.uk> wrote in message
> I am trying to access a PB component deployed to EAS via web services.
> I've created the wsdl document and I am able to call this web service from
> .Net client (I've created the proxy classes using to microsoft wsdl), so
the
> web service is working fine.
> The problems is that when I try to create the proxy in PB the web service
> proxy wizard say that
>  it is "Unable to process document referenced in "import" element."
> I've tryed with both wstest.wsdl and wstestImpl.wsdl, I am not sure about
> what is the right document to use.
> I've added pbsoapclient90.pdb to my library list.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Silvio Piovesan
> Analyst Programmer
> Capita Business Services Limited
> London.

0
Jackie
9/25/2003 1:22:30 PM
You'll need to move your WSDL files to the html/ directory of
EAServer.  The Impl.wsdl file does an import of the other wsdl file
using the http://<server>:8080 namespace, so it can't find the WSDL in
the location where EAServer WST creates it.

On 25 Sep 2003 02:56:31 -0700, "Silvio Piovesan"
<silvio.piovesan@capita.co.uk> wrote:

>I am trying to access a PB component deployed to EAS via web services.
>I've created the wsdl document and I am able to call this web service from a
>.Net client (I've created the proxy classes using to microsoft wsdl), so the
>web service is working fine.
>The problems is that when I try to create the proxy in PB the web service
>proxy wizard say that
> it is "Unable to process document referenced in "import" element."
>I've tryed with both wstest.wsdl and wstestImpl.wsdl, I am not sure about
>what is the right document to use.
>I've added pbsoapclient90.pdb to my library list.
>
>Any thoughts?
>
>--
>Regards,
>
>Silvio Piovesan
>Analyst Programmer
>Capita Business Services Limited
>London.

Jim O'Neil
Principal Technical Support Engineer
Sybase, Inc.
Concord, MA
0
joneil

Web service proxy wizard will not create proxy
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub49ccf1c9 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit It says that there is no service in the WSDL file. I have the wsdl attached. I am using the EasySoap and not the .NET assemblies. This is on PB 10.5.1. Thanks much, Jim ---=_forums-1-dub49ccf1c9 Content-Type: text/xml; name="AssemblerService.xml" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="AssemblerService.xml" PD94bWwgdmVyc2lvbj0iMS4wIiBlbmNvZGluZz0iVVRGLT...

New to web services, why does PB10 web service proxy wizard say there are no services?
here... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl oops typo... still doesn't show any services though... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/2005-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl "Chance" <chance@booklog.com> wrote in message news:43b44cb3$1@forums-1-dub... > here... > > http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl > Upgraded to 10.2x and now seems to be working...at least it created the proxy. "Chance" <chance@booklog.co...

Unable to open project using web service proxy wizard
Using PB9.01 Full message: Unable to open this project because the add-on software that was used to create it could not be found. Perhaps this project was built on another system? When: Using Web service proxy wizard, after I have choosen a WSDL file (url) , a service, a port, a library to store the project and click finish. What I'm I doing wrong? Thanks Hi, Sorry I am posting another problem I am facing. Please excuse me for that. I am using Power Builder 7.0 and I am very new to this product. I have one requirement. I have one data window.There is one Button &quo...

create dynamic Web Service proxy using wsdl and consume
I'm trying to create a client that can consume a web service given a path to it's wsdl file. I've been trying to use System.Web.Services.Discovery to resolve and retrieve the wsdl file. Does anyone know:a) if this is possible?b) how to parse the wsdl file to enumerate the available methods and what parameters are required for the methods?c) how to create a proxy in run-time (without using wsdl.exe)?   Thanks   As long as your path to WSDL file is correct, discovery tool should be able to create proxy for you. See this link, it will give you a start in that d...

no service in WSDL file " in Web Service Proxy Wizard
Hi Group! While trying to deploy a project generated using 'Web Service Proxy Wizard', I'm getting following error "no service in WSDL file". Web service was created using Visual Studio .Net 2003, and I am able to run it as it is or ASP.Net client without any problem. Another Question How can I consume 2 functions en the web services 1. Send me a DataSet as a Result 2. Give me a String (XML) as a Result I hope you can Help me. Send me a Email ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp You ca...

"no service in WSDL file " in Web Service Proxy Wizard
I'm trying to follow the "EAServer Web Service Using PowerBuilder Component and Client" tutorial but when I get to the Select Service window(after just having entered the WSDL file name in the previous window) I get "There is no service in the WSDL file." and the Services list is empty. I found an earlier post where this problem seemed to be resolved by combining the 2 WSDL files(pb_hello.wsdl and pb_helloImpl.wsdl) into one file, but this has not worked for me. Has anyone else had this problem? ...

Web Service Proxy Wizard
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4b178988 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, I use the Web Service Proxy Wizard (PB 10.5.1). When I choose a wsdl file and click next i have the next message: see attachment file. The problem is that I not have this dll?How can I get this dll? ---=_forums-1-dub4b178988 Content-Type: application/msword; name="MessagePbwpg105.doc" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="MessagePbwpg105.doc" 0M8R4...

No Web Service proxy Wizard
I have powerbuilder 10.5 professional, and under new->projects i do not have the web service proxy wizard. Why is that? Hi Reese; I believe that this feature is only supported in the Enterprise version. -- Regards ... Chris ISUG - NA RUG Director http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com <Reese> wrote in message news:4a284194.6d8a.1681692777@sybase.com... >I have powerbuilder 10.5 professional, and under > new->projects i do not have the web service proxy wizard. > Why is that? Can i set up this manually? If so how can I? Im trying to connect to a...

Creating a Web Service Proxy
I'm hoping this is an easy question for anybody with any experience creating Web Services. I’m trying to first learn how to accomplish creating a web service proxy without using VS.NET tools. Once I understand this process, then I’ll learn how to get the same result with VS.NET. First I copied the wsdl.exe file from one of the Visual Studio.NET 2002 subdirectories into the Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322 directory. I did so, because my "Path" environmental variable already points to this directory (where my csc.exe and vbc.exe files are located). My Beginning ASP...

Create a web service proxy for consuming
Hi Can i create a proxy of a web service of consuming it in a windows application. I dont want to use visual studio for this? Is this easy to write a proxy class in c# for this? You can use the WSDL.EXE tool from the .NET Framework SDK to produce proxy classes. Visual Studio just puts a pretty face on the same thing that the tool does.John Saunders | MVP – Connected System Developer...

Creating an XML Web Service Proxy
Is it possible to build a web service proxy class without Visual Studio.Net, or even WSDL.exe? It seems that my version of the .Net Framework does not have the WSDL executable...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Mattace, I'd presume that might be because you only have the .NET Framework redistributable, not the .NET Framework SDK. Tomas Restrepo [MVP]tomasr@mvps.org WSDL is XML document. You should be able to write the WSDL document if you have all the details of Web Services, Web methods, parameters and return type. Here is wsdl specification http://www.w3.org/TR/...

Proxy to proxy
Hi. We use BM 3.8 as a proxy server and the main task is to restrict which url's the users can use. In the network there is another proxy server with internet access. Is it possible to setup BM to use another proxy server to connect to internet? And if yes, how ? Magne Absolutely. Search under "Cache Hierarchy Client". Basically....enable the client on the BM box, add you upstream proxy (Neighbor Hostname) add the correct port for the type of upstream proxy, add the type of proxy, usually you can just leave the priority at "1". looks like this...

Missing Web Service Proxy Wizard
My Project wizards list does not include the Web Service Proxy Wizard. I have looked under custom installations and I'm not "unincluding" any options for web services - nor do I see any. Can someone help point me in the right direction? Do you have the enterprise edition? I think you have to have that to get the wizard. > My Project wizards list does not include the Web Service > Proxy Wizard. I have looked under custom installations > and I'm not "unincluding" any options for web services - > nor do I see any. Can someone help point me...

Cant create web service proxy
I try to create a web service proxy using the web service proxy wizard, and i cant get the service to parse the wsdl, any ideas?? Thanks in advance! http://distributionservice.ocasa.com/DistributionService.asmx?WSDL What version of PB? It worked fine for me with the 10.5 .Net Engine. The EasySOAP engine did have problems with it. On 17 May 2006 20:04:39 -0700, "Aldo A. Herrera" <aldoh@cableonda.net> wrote: >I try to create a web service proxy using the web service proxy wizard, and >i cant get the service to parse the wsdl, any ideas?? > >Th...

Web resources about - cannot create proxy using the web services proxy wizard - sybase.webservices

United States Department of Health and Human Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The United States Department of Health and Human Services ( HHS ) is a Cabinet department of the United States government with the goal of protecting ...

U.S. Mail Service Goes Postal Over Pot
We can add the U.S. Postal Service to the list of federal agencies that have zero clue about how to handle state-legal cannabis.

Vevo Buys Showyou Video Site in Step Toward Subscription Service
Vevo, the largest online music video service in the U.S., has acquired video streaming company Showyou, the latest sign that Vevo plans to offer ...

Judge sets 71-month sentence for former Secret Service agent who plundered Silk Road
SAN FRANCISCO—Former Secret Service agent Shaun Bridges was sentenced Monday to 71 months in prison after he stole money from Silk Road dealers ...

USPS Testing Service That Shows Customers Photos Of Their Mail
... take a peek at your mailbox from afar. Because many people can’t stay home and wait for the mail to arrive, the United States Postal Service ...

Ben Carson takes stand on transgender service: 'I liked the old ‘Don’t Ask Don’t Tell’ philosophy'
Ben Carson, once a medical whiz, displayed his complete ignorance about transgender service members last weekend, suggesting he'd like to ban ...

TSMC applies for 12-inch wafer fab and design service center in China
... Taiwan's Ministry of Economic Affairs for an investment project to build a wholly-owned 12-inch wafer manufacturing facility and a design service ...

AT&T expands its fiber internet service to 38 new cities
... mission to blanket most of the US with gigabit internet is moving at full speed. Today, the network revealed that its GigaPower fiber service ...

Bootrash Uses Volume Boot Record to Exploit Financial Services
FireEye reports that FIN1 financial services hackers are making use of bootkit malware to infect organizations.

Do You Offer Imitation Customer Service Or The Real Thing? Experts Explain The Difference
Great customer service transcends the transactional, the scripted, the rote. Great customer service appears to flow naturally, with the service ...