.NET Web Service Proxy (EasySoap vs .NET)

Greetings all,

I was provided with a URL for a web service that is password protected.  I
saved the WSDL file from the browser and am attempting to create a .NET Web
Service Proxy to use it.

When I select EasySoap for the 'Web Service Selection', I see one service
('Services') and five 'Structures' (which is the number of 'methods' that I
am expecting to see).

But when I select .NET, I still see one service (named differently) and only
one structure.  Four of the structures are missing.  Is there something else
I need to do to view the four missing structures (methods)?

I an running 11.2 build 8669.

Thanks for any assistance.

Best regards,

Paul

0
Paul
1/17/2009 10:53:45 PM
sybase.webservices 823 articles. 0 followers. Follow

No.  Without seeing the WSDL or what was generated, it's difficult to know
what the issue might be.  The .Net proxy may have simply mapped it
differently.

--
-----------------------------------

My Web 2.0 Stuff

Blog:           http://bruce.pbdjmagazine.com/
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/people/Bruce-Armstrong/1600223798
Fotki:           http://public.fotki.com/brucearmstrong/
LinkedIn:     http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceaarmstrong
Twitter:        http://twitter.com/bruce_armstrong
YouTube:   http://www.youtube.com/user/brucearmstrong
"Paul Murray" <pemurray@staysystems.com> wrote in message
> Greetings all,
>
> I was provided with a URL for a web service that is password protected.  I
> saved the WSDL file from the browser and am attempting to create a .NET
> Web Service Proxy to use it.
>
> When I select EasySoap for the 'Web Service Selection', I see one service
> ('Services') and five 'Structures' (which is the number of 'methods' that
> I am expecting to see).
>
> But when I select .NET, I still see one service (named differently) and
> only one structure.  Four of the structures are missing.  Is there
> something else I need to do to view the four missing structures (methods)?
>
> I an running 11.2 build 8669.
>
> Thanks for any assistance.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Paul

0
Bruce
1/20/2009 5:30:50 PM
Paul,

I am with you. There sure is something wrong with .NET web
service proxy as I also miss some properties and
structures/functions on the .NET side.

Some structures are even incorrectly given as strings.

Mel

PS: I use salesforce.com wsdl connection. [check the other
thread]

I am Running PB 11.5 build 3050.

> Greetings all,
>
> I was provided with a URL for a web service that is
> password protected.  I  saved the WSDL file from the
> browser and am attempting to create a .NET Web  Service
> Proxy to use it.
>
> When I select EasySoap for the 'Web Service Selection', I
> see one service  ('Services') and five 'Structures' (which
> is the number of 'methods' that I  am expecting to see).
>
> But when I select .NET, I still see one service (named
> differently) and only  one structure.  Four of the
> structures are missing.  Is there something else  I need
> to do to view the four missing structures (methods)?
>
> I an running 11.2 build 8669.
>
> Thanks for any assistance.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Paul

0
Mel

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

Programatically build Web Service proxies independent of the "Web Reference" in VS.Net?
Can anyone detail for me how to build a proxy for a webservice from its .wsdl without using a "web reference"? Or point me to a hotw-to somewhere? I assume there is an API for this in the Framework, I just cannot find it... Thanks.Thanks,B You have to use WSDL.eXE you can see info on it @ http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cptools/html/cpgrfWebServicesDescriptionLanguageToolWsdlexe.asp Hope it helps!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti For complete programmatic use of dynamic Web services by simply feedi...

ASP.NET Web Service VS XML Web Service
Folks Can you tell me the difference beween ASP.NET Web Service and XML Web Service. How to create XML Web Service using Visual Studio as I know only to create ASP.NET Web Service using Visual Studio (vide Code Snippet).   Code Snippet: using System; using System.Collections; using System.ComponentModel; using System.Data; using System.Linq; using System.Web; using System.Web.Services; using System.Web.Services.Protocols; using System.Xml.Linq;namespace WebService1 { /// <summary> /// Summary description for Service1 /// </summary>[WebService(Namespac...

How to send VS 2005 ASP.NET C# 2.0 Dataset or DataTable or Session or Web Service To VS 2003 ASP.NET C# 1.1 for Crystal Report XI 1st Release DataSource
We have to send VS 2005 ASP.NET C# 2.0 Dataset or DataTable or Session or WebService to VS 2003 ASP.NET C# 1.1 for Crystal Report XI 1st Release DataSource. Could you please anyone give applicable solutions and sample code as soon as possible....

Noob ASP.NET/Web Services question (Moved from ASP.NET AJAX web services forum)
I'm connecting a ASP.NET project to a web service.  The web service was accessed on port 83, but when I added the web reference in Visual Studio 2008, it couldn't query the service and discover its interface.I switched the web service over to port 80 and it worked perfectly.  Do you know what's going on?  Has anyone experienced the same issue? Hello Cody, This really relates to the runtime setup of your projects.  When you are creating ASP.Net projects, Visual Studio runs the web apps/servers within Cassini.  Cassini is an internal web server to Visua...

WS-Security with VS.NET 2005 Web Service and .NET 1.1 Client
We ship a webservices client piece into the field which is required to run on the .NET 1.1 version of the framework, this is defined by our business people and cannot change. We would like to work with .NET 2.0 in VS.NET 2005 for the backend Web Service piece. We are able to get the 2 to communicate fine and it is not a problem. The issue now is that we need to introduce security through WS-Security. I have not been able to find much information about interop between the 2 environments and WS-Security and cannot get the security elements to be invoked in VS.NET 2005. Currently we are trying ...

C#.NET in VS.NET vs. C# in Web Matrix
Hi all, I am very new to .NET ... I realized C#.NET is only available from Visual Studio.NET ... however, I realized Web Matrix also allowed us to choose C# as language but not C#.NET ... they are not the same, right? If not, then why it's in Web Matrix which runs ASP.NET?? If I need to run C#.Net, I MUST GET VS.NET, right? Can C#.NET has the abality to create chat program? Thank you very much. C#.NET and C# are the same thing. JimMS MVP ASP.NET [VC++/MFC emeritus]Old Dog Learns New TricksPreferred programming language: cuneiform on clay tablets So ... that means I can use web matrix to create C#.NET web application? Hi, yes you can. C# and C#.NET are the same languages. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons....

Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services.
I get that msg. Try several things, but not working yet!! help please http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817267 <- Jase -> Try opening the Visual Studio .NET command prompt (Start > Programs > VS.NET > Toosl > VS.NET Command Prompt) and typing in: aspnet_regiis -i To install ASP.NET with IIS.Stanley Tan theSpoke Blog...

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services. #2
I am getting the following error when I try to open a project. Please help me.  Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services. Thanks in advance, Prabaavaty      go to ur frameworx pathC:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v[ur version here]  and type in aspnet_regiis -ithen try again If this post was useful to you, please mark it as correct answer. Thank you!no problem should ever be solved twice.net wand Hi Prabaavaty, Based on my und...

ASP.NET Web Application vs ASP.NET Web Site
What is the difference? I believe that they are the same thing.  In a nutshell:  Web Application project follows the ASP.Net 1.1 model of developement where all the code is compiled into the same assembly). Introduced in ASP.Net 2.0 because so many people were complaining.   See http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/05/08/445742.aspx  Web Site project follows the newer (but not necessarily better) model of development introduced in ASP.Net 2.0 in which you get multiple assemblies & more.  See http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005...

convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003
hi how can i convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003 and how i know that the application is made in vs.net 2002 and not in vs.net 2003 and thank for your time VS.NEt 2003 detects 2002 project format automatically when you try to open 2002 project with it. It also asks you if the project needs to be converted into 2003 format (if I remember right conversion must be done to use the project in 2003). If you say yes, it does the conversion and you don't have to do anything. Note that VS.NEt 2002 can't open 2003 projects.Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU thank you for your...

Asp.Net Web Site vs. Asp.Net Web Application
Does anyone know what the real difference is between creating a New Project and choosing Asp.Net Web Application, versus creating a New Web Site and choosing Asp.Net Web Site.  The only thing I've noticed so far is that if you do an asp.net web application then you dont have access to App_Code asp.net folder.  So for a large scale web intranet application which one should I use?  Usually I do asp.net web site and put my dataccess layer code in the App_Code folder.  Any ideas???   Eric You can still access the App_Code folder; you just need to add a new webs...

Urgent
Hi All,   I have seen a number of posts regarding this error message and unfortunately none of the suggestions work for me. I am developing on WinXp Pro SP3 and have had VS Studio .Net 2003, Version 7.1.3088 with the .NET Framework Version 1.1.4322 SP 1 and VS Studio 2005 Version 8.0.50727.762 SP .050727-7600 with the .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727 SP1 on my development machine. Everything was working fine until recently. Certain errors that were happening on a server could not be reproduced on my development machine so I registered with DynDNS and created a dynamic dns that points to my machine thus allowing me to have a test environment similar to server where we are experiencing the problems (or so I thought). When I open the VS 2003 solution I am getting the the above error. My VS 2005  projects they seem fine. I can actually run the site (http://mydnsname/vsprojectname/default.aspx) and other than a couple of minor issues the site works OK.  Has anybody out there got some idea of what I need to do in order to be able to open the project in VS2003? I have even diabled the site temporarily to see if that would make any difference to no avail.  Thanks in advance,  Gary   Have you checked out this kb: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817267?Also, some other info: http://www.dotnetspider.com/resources/2050-Visual-Studio-NET-has-detected-at-e-specifie.aspx.Hope this provides some insight.- Jesse Jesse WilliamsPlease...

Forward Credentials from ASP.NET Web-application to ASP.NET Web-Service
Hi,I don't have much knowledge about this. But, i have to get the person's UID and pwd who is logged into windows and pass this info along to a web service. Any ideas? You have to add similiar code like this ...//Create an instance of the CredentialCache class.CredentialCache cache = new CredentialCache();// Add a NetworkCredential instance to CredentialCache.// Negotiate for NTLM or Kerberos authentication.cache.Add( new Uri(myProxy.Url), "Negotiate", new NetworkCredential("UserName", "Password", "Domain"));//Assign CredentialCache to the Web service Client Proxy(myProxy) Credetials ...

passing cookies from ASP.NET web application to ASP.NET web service
Hi,     We are having a web application which in turn calls a web service.  we want to pass the cookies in the web application to the web service.     Can it be done?    Both the web application and web service are in seperate physical folders.    In IIS both are seperate virtual directories under default web site.    Kindly help me in this issue. Thanks, Prathiba you can extract values from web site to web service, but this will create cross scripting  My blog is here.Please remember to 'Mark as Answer' i...

Copying VS.NET web project to Win 2003 and opening it in VS.NET
Hi all, Environment: ASP.NET 1.1; VS.NET Enterprise 2003; Windows Server 2003; IIS 6.0 I hope somebody can help me figure this out. I created a Web project on my XP Dev machine which I can open, run, debug and do everything else. I can "deploy" the project to my 2003 server and open the site in explorer browser. But now, I want to transfer the whole solution to my Win 2003 and continue the development and testing on it. So, I transferred the whole VS solution directory from my XP machine to the Win 2003 machine. I created a Web site (not a virtual directory under default...

ASP.NET web application vs ASP.NET mobile web application
Hello, i have one question here. In New Project section, i found two item that are ASP.NET web application and ASP.NET mobile web application. Since i would like to start my project by creating a web application that can be accessed through mobile devices such as PDA, therefore can anyone suggest me which one is better to be chosen and why should i choose the suggested answer...Tq... An ASP.NET mobile web application uses a different set of controls to output HTML optimized for mobile devices, so thats your best bet :)...

Confused about Deployment (ASP.NET Web Application vs ASP.NET Web Site)
I am having difficulty publishing my ASP.NET website when my project is of type "ASP.NET Web Application" (I created a new project by File -> New Project -> Visual C# -> ASP.NET Web Application).  When I choose "Publish Web Site", it asks me to select the folder to publish to, which works fine.  I notice, however, in the 'published' default.aspx page (the only page in my project) that it is pointing to "Default.aspx.cs" for the CodeFile, however, the Published web site only has a .DLL in the \bin folder, named [Projectname].DLL, but it...

Deploying Web Application
Hi AllI have been playing around with both setups and have a few questions. Firstly the ASP.Net web application: I have created a Web Application with a default.aspx. I have added a class library project to this project called DAL (Data Access Layer) and in this project created a simple class that opens and closes a connection just for testing purposes. I have added a reference to this project in the original web application... the one with the Default.aspx. Anyway everything works perfectly as it should but my question for this one is how do you deploy this to a server? I've re...

Adding a VS.NET web reference for more than one web service?
I have a web app exposing several web services: SignOnService.asmx UserService.asmx AdminService.asmx etc I have a Winform app that consumes these services. When I go to Add Web Reference in the winform app, I have to add each one individually as their own web reference. How would I set this up so that they can all be added as one web reference? I think you will have to add them to one file (.cs or .vb) the reason they are comming up separately is becuase they are seperate, they are seperate web services(asmx files), classes and have seperate WSDL descriptions. When you go to add them, the proxy is created per wsdl file, i am not sure if this can be changed. Hope that helps, Rob sorry when i said add them to one file i meant asmx, not cs or vb. Rob I thought you could use a disco file for this. I also am running into this problem and using a disco seems like it should work but it doesn't. If I use only one contractRef tag for my first .asmx service everything works. When I add a second contractRef tag all the classes get prefixed with "soap" and nothing works. ex. 1 contractRef tag I can use this... Localhost.MyWebService but 2 contractRef tags I get this... Localhost.MyWebServiceSoap and Localhost.MyWebService1Soap I'm baffled at this point. maybe this link might help, sorry, i have not had much interaction with Disco http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/...

.NET Remoting VS Socket Programming VS Web Services
Hi, Could any one tell me the difference between these three programming features and where they are used? Thank you, Rajadurai ..NET Remoting is built on Socket programming and XML Web services are built on top of Remoting. All of them provide the Server-Client functionality. You use Socket programming when Client is waiting for notifications/events from server. Remoting  is a higher layer on Sockets. When both client and server is under your control you can use Remoting. Web Services are total freedom. Client and server can be implemented in different technologies. ...

Web resources about - .NET Web Service Proxy (EasySoap vs .NET) - sybase.webservices