"no service in WSDL file " in Web Service Proxy Wizard

I'm trying to follow the "EAServer Web Service Using
PowerBuilder Component and Client" tutorial but when I get
to the Select Service window(after just having entered the
WSDL file name in the previous window) I get "There is no
service in the WSDL file." and the Services list is empty.
I found an earlier post where this problem seemed to be
resolved by combining the 2 WSDL files(pb_hello.wsdl and
pb_helloImpl.wsdl) into one file, but this has not worked
for me.  Has anyone else had this problem?
0
Greg
9/12/2006 6:55:58 PM
sybase.webservices 823 articles. 0 followers. Follow

no service in WSDL file " in Web Service Proxy Wizard
Hi Group! While trying to deploy a project generated using 'Web Service Proxy Wizard', I'm getting following error "no service in WSDL file". Web service was created using Visual Studio .Net 2003, and I am able to run it as it is or ASP.Net client without any problem. Another Question How can I consume 2 functions en the web services 1. Send me a DataSet as a Result 2. Give me a String (XML) as a Result I hope you can Help me. Send me a Email ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp You ca...

Please compare "web service" and "remote services"
Somebody, please tell me the different beetween "web services" and "remote services". So, "web services" and "remote services" which one is better? Please tell me This might provide some insight. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/dotnetremotearch.asp The really question at hand is what kind of project? Frank ...

adding web reference, remote web service. "unable to download service.asmx?wsdl"
Hello having a problem with this web service. VS [2005]  The message we get when we try and add the web reference is "unable download following files http://10.0.1.7/codered/service.asmx?wsdl". Which is using the internal ip address of the web server. We have check the IIS where the web service has been published to. But could not see why it is using the internal ip and not the external ip address. The actual url is http://83.100.199.125/codered/service.asmx Here is the service description sample, maybe someone can check this, as this has the internal ip address at the bottom. ...

Call "Web Service" from "Windows Service" in ASP.NET3.5 using VB.NET
Hello all developers, I'm creating a ew website using Viasual Studio 2008(coding in VB.NET) and Sql Server 2005  for my Client which he asked me to build automated Email alerts or reminder for hs Users...,really I'm getting crazy now as I for 7 days a week try to build that "Windows Service" to call my "Web Service" to run sending regular Email to website users in a regular time. for last week days I read many articles,now I decided to create a "Windows Service " to call the "Web Service" from my Web application,not it not...

Web Service Strange Error "Service Description altering attributes cannot be specified on service implementation. "
G'day folks;I built a web service based on a given XLM request message and XML response message following the guidelines provided by Yasser Shohoud in his article "Place XML Message Design Ahead of Schema Planning to Improve Web Service Interoperability"  I used given response and request documents provided by a user manual for an Air Force web service that returns weather imagery.  The web service built correctly.  There was some confusion at first because Yasser used C# and I used vbNet.  The wsdl.exe created a stub file with an interface called IWeatherSe...

"Dynamic" Web Services, "Dynamic" Parameters
This is a follow-up discussion from http://forums.asp.net/t/1332722.aspx?PageIndex=2. I noticed we stopped talking about Peter's problem some time ago. The discussion had become one of passing "XML strings" to a web service in order to permit optional parameters, a dynamic web service, and things like that. My contention is that this is a solution without a requirement. It is something that we can do, which does not imply that anyone needs us to do it. First of all, if you need to send XML, then send XML. Do not send a string that happens to have XML embedded in it. ASM...

New to web services, why does PB10 web service proxy wizard say there are no services?
here... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl oops typo... still doesn't show any services though... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/2005-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl "Chance" <chance@booklog.com> wrote in message news:43b44cb3$1@forums-1-dub... > here... > > http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl > Upgraded to 10.2x and now seems to be working...at least it created the proxy. "Chance" <chance@booklog.co...

Programatically build Web Service proxies independent of the "Web Reference" in VS.Net?
Can anyone detail for me how to build a proxy for a webservice from its .wsdl without using a "web reference"? Or point me to a hotw-to somewhere? I assume there is an API for this in the Framework, I just cannot find it... Thanks.Thanks,B You have to use WSDL.eXE you can see info on it @ http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cptools/html/cpgrfWebServicesDescriptionLanguageToolWsdlexe.asp Hope it helps!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti For complete programmatic use of dynamic Web services by simply feedi...

Noob ASP.NET/Web Services question (PLEASE CANCEL this post. I moved it to the "XML Web Services" forum.)
I'm connecting a ASP.NET project to a web service.  The web service was accessed on port 83, but when I added the web reference, it couldn't query the service and discover its interface. I switched the web service over to port 80 and it worked perfectly.  Do you know what's going on?  Has anyone experienced the same issue? ...

"Add Web Reference" -vs- "Add Service Reference"
I've noticed that in VS 2008 I can add a reference to a web service through "Add Service Reference..." or "Add Web Reference".  It appears that either of these approaches works but there are some differences in the naming of the client-side proxy that's generated.. Does "Add Service Reference" take advantage of the 3.5 framework?  Does this approach gain any efficiencies if I'm still adding the reference for an asmx web service rather than a WCF service?  Or does "Add Service Reference" for an asmx web service just pr...

simple web service query
Hi all, Im following the 'Using the WebService Behaviour' document from the msdn Library and am getting the message 'service unavailable' when running my page. Is there something I'm missing? thanks, Pete mWeb Design Nottingham, UK...

"The file [x] has not been precompiled" error with web service
I am trying to deploy a web service for the first time on our remote server.  This web service works fine locally. First I just moved the asmx and DLL, and I was getting the dreaded "The file has not been precompiled", so I created a Web Deployment Project and I DID precompile it into a single DLL.  However, I am STILL getting this error when I try to browse to it. On the server (Windows 2003 using IIS 6.0) I created a subdirectory of an existing web site, and made it into a virtual directory and an application.  I made sure it was using ASP.NET 2.0. ...

"Visual Web Developer Web Server" and Web Services
I like the new "Visual Web Developer Web Server" (Do you want suggestions for a longer name!) but I have an issue with using it to host a Web Service. Whenever the Web Service is recompiled and run it ends up with a different port number. Therefore, it seems that any references to that WS in other applications are invalidated and need to be re-established when it's run again. Is there a way of pinning the port number, or am I missing something? CheersNick Grattan, MSDN Regional Director, Ireland. Software Paths Limited. Hi Nick, the internal server is used for local...

A "Web Application Project" for web-services ?
I was wondering if there is something analogous to the "Web Application Project" VS add-in for Web-services. By analogous I mean: 1. All the source files in a Web-services project is compiled into a single assembly, perhaps with the exceptions of the .asmx file 2. Property pages for the project in VS display all the tabs that are available in other kinds of projects - i.e., for example, ability to specify pre and post build events, the XML documentation file etc. I really appreciate any help. Cheers, Adrigo Yes, the current release supports creating an "ASP.Net Web Service Applica...

Web resources about - "no service in WSDL file " in Web Service Proxy Wizard - sybase.webservices