Install error after installing client WDK

Has anyone seen this error:

Error
Client application not found in registry.  Please contact web administrator.

This happens only after the the wdk  client is installed.  If I click on my
app one more time it has finds registry  and everything works.

0
Lee
12/1/1999 9:48:02 PM
sybase.webdeploykit 728 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Lee,

I get the same error exactly when users first install.  I don't know what
the cause is, except that I guess maybe something is not getting written
into the registry before the application attempts to launch.

I found that the lag time is much higher on a test machine that we have that
runs very slowly.  It can't run the app after installation for about 15 to
20 seconds while it is furiously writing to the disk.  For faster machines
the link works on the second click almost immediately.

I just try to inform my users to be aware of this problem so they don't
freak out.

Julie