How do you set Local Printer Settings if user is on the Internet

I am evaluating the WDK 2.0 version and can't seem to understand how to
configure the client pc's printer to work if they are connected to us via
the Internet connection.

I need to know how to configure the Client to print on his local printer,
who is connected via the internet.

Dan Bailes
0
dbailes
11/16/2000 6:14:11 PM
sybase.webdeploykit 728 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I attempted to add the shared resouces drive letter on the client. Ran the
application and attempted to print. Still getting need to setup default
printer error message which I do have a default printer already setup.
0
Anonymous
11/16/2000 6:18:16 PM
Check that the server has an Admin id setup for "WDKPrintAdmin" (blank
password)
Rob Stonefield
0
Anonymous

Turbopower Async Pro is blocked by Policy Local Cmpuer Policy\Windws Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Right Assignment
If computers have set "Load and unload device drivers" in this key to Asministrators only, my program will not be able to connect an external device if I use tApdDataPacket for communication, but if I use tApdTerminal, everything works ok. Has anyone any idea what device drivers may be involved here when adding Users to the group, the program work properly ? Must be something that is loaded by the packet component? Is this driver something that could be preinstalled by installation program ? Onthe other hand, is it normal to do this restriction in policy? (the c...

Again: unable to set printer advanced settings
! Sorry for posting again! But I don't find any solution for my Problem ! Hi! In our office we have a printer that need the "Enable advanced printing features" in the "Advanced"-Tab of the printer object to be disabled. On my english Windows XP the key is disabled by default On my german Windows XP the key is enabled by default. On both systems, I can set the value without any error. But when I check the properties again, they are gone. I can change these value on NDPS-Printers, local printers, IP-Printers with the same driver. I have found a messa...

unable to set printer advanced settings
Hi! In our office we have a printer that need the "Enable advanced printing features" in the "Advanced"-Tab of the printer object to be disabled. On my english Windows XP the key is disabled by default On my german Windows XP the key is enabled by default. On both systems, I can set the value without any error. But when I check the properties again, they are gone. I can change these value on NDPS-Printers, local printers, IP-Printers with the same driver. I have found a message in this Newsgroup ("windows spooler settings" from 04.05.2006) with a...

Set default settings for new users
I don't know if this is even possible, but here goes. I have about 5 users for our desktop computer, 1 adult, 3 kids and me (I don't count as an adult :P). There are some settings I want to have each of the environments default to, where they can then change them as they wish on their own. Instead of setting them one-at-a-time, is there a way to modify the settings on the template of what goes into a user's /home directory when they are created? Examples: Set it so when I add a person to the system their - default browser is set to Firefox - starting home ...

How to set printer settings in code behind.?
Hai All,I want to set printer settings in code behind like Landscope="true" and page scalling="Fit to page", bcuz im having more columns in my datagrid.Thanks,Aswath.    ASP.NET is server side language hence it cannot manipulate the client side machine.What you can do is use javascript Print() method to raise the printer dialog where the user can select landscape mode   Hai Thanks for ur replay,Currently im using javascript print function only, If user donot select landscape and Fit to Page options then in printout he won't get last columns......

set print settings in user.js
REpost from Layout: I am printing from within a chrome environment so the user cannot use print preview to change the settings. I am tring to set global print settings in the user.js file, so that when a user uses another printer all of the settings remain the same. I have tried this user_pref("print.print_margin_bottom", "0"); user_pref("print.print_margin_left", "0"); user_pref("print.print_margin_right", "0"); user_pref("print.print_margin_top", "0"); which does not work. Does anyone know of ...

user settings different via VNC than as local user
I'm trying to figure this one out. I have a new install of 10.3 Gnome and I am able to remote logon from my XP box to the Linux box via ssh & VNC (realVNC) - BUT I notice that I can't mount the DVD drive when I am as user(VNC) but as root(VNC) I can. BUT if I am _local_ - _user_ DVD automount as well as _local_ root has DVD automount. Strange no? So why and how or what to configure -- db9 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

How can i reflect changes to all the user's settings when one user change the setting?
Hi all, I have a web site in which i want to use web parts. The scenerio is, i want to allow admin to change the web parts on the web page and that changes must be reflected to all the user's settings is it possible using webparts? Thanks in advanceTech Lead, FirstPhera.comMy Blog hi,    I have worked on this and find some solution:  There are two kind of persionalizaions, per user and all user. If you want to change some properties of the page and make the changes available to all the pages then you have to make them shared and it will be reflected to all the users c...

save settings // import settings // export settings
Name: miguel mayol Email: mitcoes_at_gmail.com Product: Firefox Summary: save settings // import settings // export settings Comments: I've just have a stack overflow problem in one of the computers of my office with internet explorer. The other ones, does work with our provider web site ok. But Firefox and Opera does work OK ata all the computers with this site, with problems of bad reading of contents at some pages (I supose becouse of MS HTML non compatible isues). If IE would have export // import settings, probably I've solved all the problems, but I would...

User based Printer Installation on Citrix, can't change printer settings.
With the ipp Client we install user based, automaticly the printer driver for Kyocera Mita FS 3800 with zfd4. This works fine but when you change the page size from "lette" to "A4" and save the settigs, close the printer manager and open it again, the settings are as before. Michael do you want the default to be A4 or letter? can you have 1 printer default to A4 and another to letter? Suzanne Miles Volunteer Sysop, Novell Support Connection http://support.novell.com/forums/ No I want all printer to be A4. The Problem is we can not save the pap...

(Console One) TS Server 2003 Dynamic Local User Settings In User Package
Dont know if I'm in the right place for this question, but here it is: We have just upgraded our NW4.11 server to NW6.5. We have a zenworks 6.5 server running as well as a Citrix Metaframe v3.0 server. We have a user policy that enables DLU for our citrix users via the User Policy Package. Before I upgraded to NW6.5, I was able to run Console one and manage the Windows 2003 Terminal Server Policy within the User package. Now that NW 6.5 is in the picture, I don't even see the Option for Windows 2003 Terminal Server. I see the windows workstation policies and W...

setting a character set
HiIn a security book i'm reading it says i should always set a character set for a web pagee.g. <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />How do i do this?Is this characeter set achieved by the following in the web.config or do i need to do something else <globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" />Thanks a lotandrea...

YOU RE-SET MY SETTINGS!!
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: YOU RE-SET MY SETTINGS!! Comments: I AM VERY, VERY UNHAPPY THAT YOUR UM-ANNOUNCED DOWNLOAD TO MY COMPUTER DHANGES MY FIREFOX SETTINGS!!!!! ENOUGH SO... THAT IF / WHEN IF HAPPENS AGAIN? I WILL PERMANENTLY SWITCH TO ANOTHER BROWSER!! WHAT IS PARTICULARLY GALLING IS HAT I HAVE CONVINCED DOZENS OF FRIENDS TO FIREFOX! STOP ^%$^*%$& WITH MY FIREFOX SETTINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to...

Settings.Settings file
Settings.Design.cs file defaultInstance returns the localhost url instead of remote machine url. The webservice is hosted in remote machine so that the defaultinstance should be returns remote machine url but instead of it returns localhost url. The solution caches the settings somewhere in the physical path? Please anyone know the solution let me know. Thanks. The Settings.designer.cs file is the automatically-generated settings that you edit in the Settings.settings file. You should edit the value using the settings editor, not in the .cs file. To do that, double-click on the settings.s...

Web resources about - How do you set Local Printer Settings if user is on the Internet - sybase.webdeploykit

Help:Contents/Account settings and maintenance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mode setting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mode setting can be done in kernel space ( Kernel Mode Setting or KMS) or in user space ( User-space Mode Setting , UMS). Doing mode setting ...

5 Facebook Privacy Settings You Must Review Now
Facebook now has five different settings for controlling whether and how you get tagged on the site.

Analysis: Facebook’s New Privacy Settings a Major (and Risky) Step Toward Openness
The upcoming changes to Facebook’s privacy settings will allow users to control who they share information with every time they post a piece ...

SwiftKey updated with a new theme and redesigned Settings menu
... and fall with real gravity depending on how the phone is tilted. The theme can be unlocked with a $1.99 in-app purchase. A revamped Settings ...

Windows 10 November update was pulled for forgetting privacy settings; it’s now back
... Last week Microsoft received reports that, when upgrading from the Windows 10 July release to the November update, four privacy-related settings ...

Has Windows 10 November Update (Threshold 2) reset your privacy settings and default apps?
... 10 has caused greater privacy concerns than any previous version of the operating system. You may well have spent some time tweaking settings ...

College Football's Month of Mayhem Setting Up Fantastic Road to Playoff
Few have been spared. The nature of an unpredictable sport in the midst of an unpredictable season has been nothing short of madness—regulated, ...

Robot price-setting has just begun
Uber gets criticism for surge pricing, but dynamic pricing is showing up in more and more places.

Microsoft's November Windows 10 update messed up some users' privacy settings
People who updated to the latest Windows 10 update may want to double-check their settings. Microsoft revealed Tuesday that it took the previous ...