HTML Generator generates different code in PB 11

We are in process of migration an web application (Jaguar
5.2 + Powerbuilder 9 to Jaguar 5.5 + PowerBuilder 11.5.1). I
have run a simple test by generation HTML for a datawindow
and noticed following problem:

Example:
PB9:

<INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="test_0" SIZE=9 VALUE="test"
CLASS=htmldw9D TABINDEX=1 STYLE="position:absolute;
left:0.105in; top:0.010in; width:0.624in" onFocus=

PB11.5.1
<INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="test_0"  SIZE=9 VALUE="test"
CLASS=htmldw27 TABINDEX=1 STYLE="position:absolute;
left:0.085in; top:0.000in; width:0.624in; height:0.146in"
onFocus=

They look pretty much the same, but as you probably noticed
the top and left coordinates are different by 0.01 inch and
in additional in PB11 the new property height was added.
Furthermore, the height value DOES NOT reflect the height of
the element in the DataWindow painter, it is less.

So, right now my screen is looking ugly because all edit
elements are looking smaller the it used to be.

Any idea how to fix it?
0
LAV
4/7/2010 4:27:52 PM
sybase.web-targets 444 articles. 0 followers. Follow

different generated html code
Hi I have a page that uses a lot of tables and asp:panels to show or hide tablerows. When I look in IE everything looks fine, but when I check in Firefox or netscape it doesnt look very nice and not at all as I intended. At a closer look at the generated html code I see that IE generate div tags for every asp:panel I have, but Firefox and netscape generate new tables for every asp:panel. And beacuse of that it doesnt display as it should. My question is, is this something I can change in VS or am I stuck with this? Regards How are you using the tables/panels to show hide rows...

generate code (VB code-behind) from ASP.NET/Web/HTML server controls
I have searched several forums and can't seem to find a topic on this: Say I have an .aspx Web Form with server controls on it… <asp:this.../> <asp:that.../> …and so on. What I want is the "programmatic" equivalent of all the controls on the page, which I can paste into the code-behind file and have it create the controls programmatically, rather than using the tag-based method. Can Visual Studio .NET auto-generate this code for me? Why, you may ask? As a real-use case scenario, say I want to class a Web Form for future inheritance purposes. If the contro...

generating a custom webpage in PB from a generated table and html template
Hey Y'all: I don't have any clue where to start here on this part. This is my problem: I need to get a functionality provided in a legacy access 2000 app into my PB development. What is does is this: Our users have a website where on one their pages is a project status page. It lists the studies and what their current status is. What's being used now is this: An access form called projects has an sql which generates the resultset. When the user clicks on the internet option from the reports form, projects' output is generated into an HTML table which in turn...

PB 11.5 - Error Generating the XML Document
I have an application that I am creating that accesses a web service designed by our customer and retrieves inventory/product/order information. I am getting the error "There was an error generating the XML document" on one of the calls to the web service. The process is that I call the function GetPickTickets and with a string argument that contains the store code. This returns an array of any open orders for that particular store. This works fine. After that I call another function UpdatePickTicket which acknowledges that we recieved the order information for a specifi...

Extending the code generation in *.generated.cs
Hi,I would like to build a custom control, having a custom designer.Designer sholud generate custom c# code to the .generated.cs (partial code behind), based on values of properties set by the custom designer, or modified in markup.I could generate the code with CodeDOM in memory, but I could not resolve how to persist it to .generate.cs file.I searched the web, but couldn't find any useful information. Can anyone have any idea, where to start?Thanks. ...

PB 11.5
I have a wsdl that I'm generating proxy classes for in PB 11.5 using the Web Service Proxy Wizard (.Net engine), and have noticed that for types that are derived from an abstract type, that the derived types are being declared as being derived from nonvisualobject, and NOT the base type. Example to reproduce (11.5 build 2137): <!-- beginning of wsdl schema snippet --> <!-- here is the abstract type --> <s:complexType name=3d"PaymentAccountInformation" abstract=3d"true"/> <!-- first derived type; note, it is an extension of the abo...

how to i retrieve generated HTML code within .net code?
Hi, how do i do this ... user click on send this page button, then the Generated HTML code is embedded to email and send to user. I have done something like this before. The easiest way I found was to add a hidden control onto the page. In your body tag, add onload = "document.forms[0].hiddenField.value = document.documentElement.innerHTML;" In your code behind, you can then put the contents of the hidden field into a string and send it. Make sure that you set your hidden field to runat=server. You can override the pages Render method, have it render th...

Generating HTML code from code behind. Right way?
Hi, I just want to clarify one thing. Some experienced asp .net developers generate the HTML codes from the VB code behind files. Is that the right way to do all the time? I thought that it would be hard to maintain the website if the HTML codes are generated everytime with the VB or C# code. Regards, BwarRegards,Bwar Your opinion is right. It is not recommended to generate the html through code if it is not needed.In ASP.NET, we utilize the separation between html and code to develop and maintian the web application more efficiently. However, sometimes, you have to generate the html...

HTML code generators
I know.. this subject gets revisited periodically, but that's perhaps appropriate since, to my knowledge, we've yet to find an acceptable product which runs under Linux. There may not even be one for Windows.. I have no idea about that dark corner of the world. :) My wife wants to learn to put together web pages for customers. She was encouraged when I showed her that the only computer store in our little town has a completely broken web page which only displays some empty boxes when viewed in the current Firefox. She was even more encouraged when I showed her the W3...

PB Code Generation
Does anyone know if there is built in support or a 3rd party tool that can generate a NVO (for PB 9 or PB 10) from an XSD document? -TIA I don't think there's a standard to define NVOs in XML, so I doubt you'd find a tool to do it. However, if you've got your own way to define it, you could generate the export syntax, and either generate it with PowerGen (**FAR** easier) or ORCAScript (you'd probably have to refresh the entire target, which would be much slower). Just out of curiosity, why do you ask? Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitt...

generated html code
Hello, How influendable are aspx control to generate html tags? For instance: I never want to use tables (w3c) Kind RegardsPlease give us feedback no matter whether you get your answer.Please "mark as answer" if it's useful for youSincerely,SpongeBert ..Net is really poor in designing w3c valid html.CheersBinowww.codepal.co.inPlease Mark as Answer if you find the post useful....

Generating HTML code from aspx code behind and echoing to the user
Hi all,I've just started out in the world of ASP programming and was wondering if it was possible have a method which would generate HTML from my 'code-behind' (basically what I want is a dynamic AJAXed table which reads in some XML) which I can then basically echo back to the user and place within a certain section of the HTML?Much appreciatedPaul Kiddie Read up on web user controls, it is probably what you need to develop. Another related question in how I'm parsing the XML on the server side aspx.cs script - I've put an Arraylist initialisation ...

ASP.Net generating different URLs on different web apps
HelloI have a rather puzzling problem.Let's say we have a web app that comprises of 2 aspx pages  and 1 ascx control.  The file structure of the app looks like thisMyWebApp\Page1.aspxMyWebApp\Page2.aspxMyWebApp\Controls\PageControls\Control.ascxMyWebApp\images\foo.jpgNow Control.ascx has the following ASP.Net in it....snip...<asp:HyperLink runat="server" NavigateUrl="../../Page2.aspx" ID="hyper">Click here to go to Page2</asp:HyperLink><asp:Image id="pic" runat="server" ImageUrl="../../images/foo.jpg" />...snip...This control is used on Page1 to create a hyperlink...

Trying to generate report from code generated Dataset
I hope somebody has come accross this before, I populate a GridView from a code generated Dataset and it works perfectly. I want to then be able to press a button to put that into a report on a report viewer giving users the chance to put it in Excel or PDF.The problem is that my report does not see the dataset bacause it is not physically there and gives me the following error. An error occurred during local report processing. The definition of the report 'Main Report' is invalid. The table ‘Results’ refers to an invalid DataSetName ‘dsResults’.  ...

Web resources about - HTML Generator generates different code in PB 11 - sybase.web-targets

Generator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Android phone name generator
Just click on the logo. ∞ Read this on The Loop

out of office generator nails your vacation message
Next time you're on the way out of the office for a kick ass vacation, make sure you use this witty OOO generator brought to you by Westin Hotels. ...

Silicon Valley's elite startup generator is shaking up how it runs things
Silicon Valley's Y Combinator has reached its Alphabet moment. Last August, Google had become way more than a hub for internet searching so ...

Now THAT'S a generator test!
This rural county government doesn't have a lot of money for spare equipment which means an emergency generator for the data center isn't high ...

Trouble Coming Up with Ideas for Posts? Check Out This Generator
... Are Probably Doing With Your Car.” Easy huh? Now here’s a tool that will remove even that work from your part. It’s called Blog Idea Generator ...

UK Using Diesel Generators To Avoid Blackouts From Too Much Wind, Solar Energy
UK Using Diesel Generators To Avoid Blackouts From Too Much Wind, Solar Energy

Global revenues from diesel generator set installations expected to total US$538 billion from 2015-2024 ...
Reciprocating engine-based diesel gensets are among the fastest-selling, least expensive distributed generation (DG) technologies in the world ...

The Quest for the One True Static Site Generator
... and complexities of hosting providers and blogging engines. Somewhere last year I started to get interested by the rise of static site generators ...

Two White Tiger Cubs Die After Crimean Zoo Fails To Provide Generators For Warmth During Blackout
Two white tigers have reportedly died at a Crimean zoo during a two-week blackout, according to reports. Read more...