drop tempdb from master dev

I've altered tempdb on other then master device and droped tempdb'
segments from master dev.(ASE 12.0)
Is it possible to deallocate space on master dev allocated for tempdb (
this part of tempdb pages   has an entry  in sysusages system table and
segmap=0)?

Thanks for help.

0
Karol
7/5/2000 9:56:24 AM
sybase.sqlserver.performance 1181 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Karol wrote:

> I've altered tempdb on other then master device and droped tempdb'
> segments from master dev.(ASE 12.0)
> Is it possible to deallocate space on master dev allocated for tempdb (
> this part of tempdb pages   has an entry  in sysusages system table and
> segmap=0)?

	For recovery purposes its best to leave it. Sybase have a technical
	document that discusses this issue.

-am
0
Anthony
7/5/2000 12:03:07 PM
Nah, and it is only a couple of megs, so I don't think you should waste any
time with it.

Andy

--
Andy Price
Sybase Certified Adaptive Server DBA - Associate v12.0 & v11.5

"Karol" <brakar@go2.pl> wrote in message news:39630648.79EF7BE9@go2.pl...
> I've altered tempdb on other then master device and droped tempdb'
> segments from master dev.(ASE 12.0)
> Is it possible to deallocate space on master dev allocated for tempdb (
> this part of tempdb pages   has an entry  in sysusages system table and
> segmap=0)?
>
> Thanks for help.

0
Andy