Has anyone linked MS-SQL server to Sybase SQL server?

I am running sybase 11.0.3.3 and MS-SQL server 7.0 sp1
I have been trying to link the sybase server to MS server without success.
I have tried ODBC and still not had any luck
if anyone has succuessfully connected the 2 could you email me at
ttel023@hotmail.com with how you did it, thanks

0
gary
10/19/1999 1:21:30 PM
sybase.sqlserver.nt 2169 articles. 0 followers. Follow

--------------44588F7CCA40697BCE710F01

gary wrote:

> I am running sybase 11.0.3.3 and MS-SQL server 7.0 sp1
> I have been trying to link the sybase server to MS server without success.
> I have tried ODBC and still not had any luck
> if anyone has succuessfully connected the 2 could you email me at
> ttel023@hotmail.com with how you did it, thanks

Hi Gary,

You would need to use Omni to do this.  If you are trying to create the link
from MSSQL, forget it.  MSSQL essentially only speaks to other MSSQL
servers.  I personally don't know of any one doing this with MSSQL 7 though.

Jason

--------------44588F7CCA40697BCE710F01

begin:vcard
n:Froebe;Jason
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Sybase, Inc.;Technical Support
adr:;;;;;;
version:2.1
email;internet:jfroebe@sybase.com
title:Product Support Engineer (PSE)
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Jason Froebe
end:vcard

--------------44588F7CCA40697BCE710F01--

0
Jason
10/19/1999 2:08:42 PM
Not true! MSSQL 7.0 can be linked to other RDBMSs and actually comes with
the functionality to link to Oracle but not Sybase. Part of the problem lies
in some incompatibility between the ODBC drivers Sybase supplies and the
implementation of ODBC Microsoft currently uses for both MSSQL and
VisualStudio. And although I also do not know of anyone who is actually
doing this right now, there are quite a few people who want to do this, as
evidenced by the number of postings seen on this subject on the MS
newsgroups.

Mike MacGregor
Database Developer
EMJ Data Systems

Jason Froebe <jfroebe@sybase.com> wrote in message
> gary wrote:
>
> > I am running sybase 11.0.3.3 and MS-SQL server 7.0 sp1
> > I have been trying to link the sybase server to MS server without
success.
> > I have tried ODBC and still not had any luck
> > if anyone has succuessfully connected the 2 could you email me at
> > ttel023@hotmail.com with how you did it, thanks
>
> Hi Gary,
>
> You would need to use Omni to do this.  If you are trying to create the
link
> from MSSQL, forget it.  MSSQL essentially only speaks to other MSSQL
> servers.  I personally don't know of any one doing this with MSSQL 7
though.

> Jason

0
Mike

MS SQL Server and SQL Anywhere Server
Hi! I would like to get information about differences in database's for MS SQL Server and SQL Anywhere Server. I have project in S-Designor - database for ASA Sybase. I would like to change ASA database project to fix MS SQL Server (I would like to minimalize costs). One difference I know: table name in MS SQL Server must be shorter than in ASA (I don't remember how long). Does anyone know more differences ? Thank in advance Joanna ...

MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000
We are migrating from MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000. We are using a Native connections and would like to know if there are any issues that we should be aware to do this correctly. TIA Adam Shepherd Are you sure about that? I have not experienced (or heard of) that kind of problem w/ 7.0. There are many other reasons why a table san is performed, but I don't think a numeric data type would cause it... Or are you talking about the PB problem of sending an Integer as 1. -- Kim Berghall Sisu Group, Inc. remove no_spam. no_spam.kberghall@sisugrp.com www.sisugrp...

MS SQL Server and SQL Anywhere Server
Hi! I would like to get information about differences in database's for MS SQL Server and SQL Anywhere Server. I have project in S-Designor - database for ASA Sybase. I would like to change ASA database project to fix MS SQL Server (I would like to minimalize costs). One difference I know: table name in MS SQL Server must be shorter than in ASA (I don't remember how long). Does anyone know more differences ? Thank in advance Joanna Johanna, Be careful with the ASA timestamp data type. Its MSS equivalent is datatime, not the MSS timestamp which is something complet...

Creating a SQL Server linked server to Interbase using 64 bit SQL Server
Hi, I am trying to use the data direct odbc driver for interbase to create a linked server in SQL Server 2008 R2 64bit however, SQL Server reports an "Arcitechure Mismatch" between the System DSN and SQL Server. This did work under 32 bit SQL Server. Is there a 64bit specific odbc driver for interbase? I have tried using the IBProvider trial as well but this fails to work in SQL Server as well. Our Interbase client(s) and server are all 64 bit installations. Thank you Julian Dawson wrote: > Is there a 64bit specific odbc driver for interbase? I think Easy...

Linked Server from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8
Could someone please show me how to create a Linked Server from within SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8? I've tried everything, and nothing works. I have used dbping successfully, and I have connected to the SQL Anywhere 8 (Adaptive Server Anywhere 8.0) database successfully using an ODBC System DSN with Access. Thank you. ...

Linked Server from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8 #4
Could someone please show me how to create a Linked Server from within SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8? I've tried everything, and nothing works. I have used dbping successfully, and I have connected to the SQL Anywhere 8 (Adaptive Server Anywhere 8.0) database successfully using an ODBC System DSN with Access. Thank you. Mike wrote in news:3fbbd7b9.1ebb.1681692777@sybase.com: M> Could someone please show me how to create a Linked Server M> from within SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8? I've tried M> everything, and nothing works. I have used dbping M>...

Linked Server from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8 #3
Could someone please show me how to create a Linked Server from within SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8? I've tried everything, and nothing works. I have used dbping successfully, and I have connected to the SQL Anywhere 8 (Adaptive Server Anywhere 8.0) database successfully using an ODBC System DSN with Access. Thank you. ...

Linked Server from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8 #2
Could someone please show me how to create a Linked Server from within SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8? I've tried everything, and nothing works. I have used dbping successfully, and I have connected to the SQL Anywhere 8 (Adaptive Server Anywhere 8.0) database successfully using an ODBC System DSN with Access. Thank you. ...

Can I transfer data in SQL Server on NT to SQL Server on Unix?
Yes, through bcp -c. AnaMaria Stirbet Sybase TS ...

ASP.NET 1.1 Component for creating pivote tables with MS SQL Server and with MS SQL Server Analyse Services
Превед!Prompt me please some asp.net 1.1 pivote table component that can use both SQL Server database (SQL queries) and Analyse Services database (MDX queries).Thanks. I have two links one is for 1.1 or 2.0 and the other is 2.0 and 3.0.  Hope this helps.http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=DAE82128-9F21-475D-88A4-4B6E6C069FF0&displaylang=enhttp://sqljunkies.com/WebLog/mosha/archive/2006/10/08/xaml_pivottable.aspxKind regards,Gift Peddie Thanks, but this links about Windows components. And I need asp.net component.  Try these.http://www.m...

Web resources about - Has anyone linked MS-SQL server to Sybase SQL server? - sybase.sqlserver.nt

Server farm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A server farm or server cluster is a collection of computer servers usually maintained by an enterprise to accomplish server needs far beyond ...

New GIGABYTE Server Motherboards Show Xeon D Round 2
... the most awesome product Intel has delivered in years, even if it is slightly hidden away from the mainstream’. There is interest both server ...

Linux bug imperils tens of millions of PCs, servers, and Android phones
(credit: amalthya ) For almost three years, millions of servers and smaller devices running Linux have been vulnerable to attacks that allow ...

Qualcomm will manufacture server chips in China
Qualcomm has entered an agreement with the Chinese province of Guizhou to enter into a joint venture to develop chips for server systems. This ...

Hillary Clinton's email server contained SAP-level comms - Business Insider Deutschland
... Inspector General I. Charles McCullough III. Thomson Reuters Hillary Clinton. Emails that passed through Hillary Clinton's private server while ...

Clinton's server had emails beyond top secret level
The Inspector General recently updated Congress on the contents of the former secretary of state's home server

Review: Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4
In November, Microsoft released Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. With the final release due out in the second half of this year, TP4 ...

Report: Emails At The Highest Classification Levels Found On Hillary’s Private Server
Report: Emails At The Highest Classification Levels Found On Hillary’s Private Server

Inventec to see server revenues grow 5-10% in 2016
Inventec is expected to see its server revenues grow 5-10% on year in 2016, buoyed by orders from the data center sector as well as branded server ...

Qualcomm to Make Server Chips in China
The company partners with the Guizhou Province to create a joint venture that will design, develop and sell ARM-based data center SoCs.