Dump from NT ASE 11.5 to NT ASE 11.5.1

I am having trouble dumping a 11.5 ASE database to a 11.5.1 backupserver.  I
have the remote backupserver listed in the 11.5 remote servers list.  It
works going from the 11.5.1 machine to the 11.5 machine.  Is there a
compatibility issue?

Thank you for your time.

Dax
daj@abmdata.com

0
Dax
2/1/1999 9:47:41 PM
sybase.sqlserver.nt 2169 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What do you mean by 'having trouble'?  Are you getting error messages?  If so,
what error messages?  Any error messages in the backupserver errorlog?

Is the dump command hanging?  not completing?  What is the actual dump command
that you're using?

Does the target tape/directory(s) actually exist?  Does the backupserver have
write access to this medium?

Has the dump worked before, i.e., did you change anything in the last few days
that could be attributed to your 'trouble'?

--
Mark A. Parsons
Iron Horse, Inc.

0
Mark

rep solaris ase 11.5.1 to nt ase 11.5/11.51
Help! I need to replicate 11.5.1 ase on Solaris 2.6 to ase 11.5 or 11.5.1 on nt on intel. Could you answer the following: 1) To move the initial data I would like to load the dump data from the Solaris server to Windows nt server. Can this be done? 2) Do my device definitions on the Nt side need to duplicate those on the Solaris side. 3) The repserver is on Solaris as well. I only have 11.5 on nt can get ase 11.5.1 on nt. Is this an issue. Do I need repserver on nt? Any known traps? george wrote: > Help! > > I need to replicate 11.5.1 ase on Solaris 2.6 to ase...

Upgrading ASE for NT 11.5 to 11.5.1 and OpenClient upgrades
Hello, First, how do I get the upgrade kit to upgrade ASE for NT from 11.5 to 11.5.1? Second, does the above upgrade kit also upgrade the OpenClient libraries? I found the "EBF" files on the Sybase web site. Specifically, EBF7786.zip, which has lots of fixes for OpenClient & OpenServer 11.1.1. And EBF8015.zip, which has fixes for ASE 11.5.0. I tried applying EBF8015.zip, but when I tried to starting the server, I got the following error: The procedure entry point uniconv_unistreamToS could not be located in the dynamic link library libunic.dll. Fortunatel...

ASE Migration From ASE 11.5.1 (NT) to ASE 12.9 on Win2003.
Need help to find Sybase's upgrade and migration docs on above subject? Thank you. ASE 12.9? Currently, no released versions of ASE are certified on Win 2003. ASE 12.5.1 will be certified when it is released later this year. Mark Kusma <Lily Maria> wrote in message news:3f497cad.367e.846930886@sybase.com... > Need help to find Sybase's upgrade and migration docs on > above subject? > Thank you. Thanks for the info. I would like to know if there's any online documentation on migration and upgrade plan of the ASE 11.5.1 to ASE 12.5.1? Do applica...

Converting NT 11.5 ASE to a Solaris 12.5 ASE
We are trying to migrate a server running on Windows NT to a Solaris machine. The NT box is running ASE 11.5 and the Solaris box is running 12.5. So far, the only way we have came up with to migrate the data is bcp. The problem is we estimate this to be probably about a 6-7 hour process. Our shop runs 24*7*365 and unfortunately downtime is not something we get. In the past when we have migrated servers, we have used warm-standby which has worked really nicely. But in this case we can't run dump and load to populate the database. Has anyone been able to migrate an NT box to a...

Masive storage process from ASE 11.5 to IQ 11.5 on NT !!!
Hi !!! I must move all the data weekly, from ASE 11.5 to IQ 11.5 on NT, but I do not know which is the best way of do it...my idea is to send a process than insert all the information from ASE to IQ, an after all the infromation is on IQ delete the trasmited information form de ASE, now, what I do not know is how to manage the transactions in case of some error on the process, how to rollback all if something hapen, I know than IQ do not support Begin Tran, but I think than must exist a way to do it.................. somebody do this before???? some idea.... Thank's Juan P...

Upgrade from ASE 11.5.1 to 11.9.2 on NT
Are there any pitfalls, quirks or bugs in the upgrade process from ASE 11.5.1 to 11.9.2 on NT besides the ones listed in the Release bulletins & sybase doc books? The application that I am currently supporting is not certified for ASE 12.0 & won't be for a while. They just certified their app to run on 11.9.2 November 2000. Any help would be appreciated. Brenda Smith wrote: > > Are there any pitfalls, quirks or bugs in the upgrade process from > ASE 11.5.1 to 11.9.2 on NT besides the ones listed in the Release > bulletins & sybase doc books? The app...

question about 11.5 vrs 11.5.1 in NT
does ase 11.5.1 for nt is more stable than 11.5 for nt?? or 11.5.1 have less problems than 11.5?? Does anyone saw any change in performance or in problems with 11.5.1?? TIA Juan Alvarado ...

ASE NT 11.5.1?
Our campus has a license (see www.sybase.com to prove it ;-) with Sybase that includes ASE. We've been told (for months) that there'd be an 11.5.1 "in a few weeks," but we never seem to get it. (And I should note that I am not the campus' contact person, either--just a frustrated DBA/developer). I'm eager for that because it supposedly includes PowerDynamo--a great product that I can't use because our CD doesn't include it, even though PowerDynamo supposedly "comes with" ASE NT. So two specific questions: 1. Is there to be an 11.5.1?...

Re: question about 11.5 vrs 11.5.1 in NT
John, I have not seen a memory leak problem with 11.5.0. Dick "John McDowell" <jmcdowell@cdsc.com> writes: > I was informed by Sybase Tech Support that there was an NT memory leak > problem with 11.5.0 and that it was fixed in 11.5.1. Do you know if this is > true? > > John McDowell > Manager Database Administration > CDS Consulting > > Rick Widomski wrote in message ... > >Juan, > > > > I am currently running bothe 11.5 and 11.5.1 servers and don't really > notice any differencre > > ...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11
Name: Greul, Albert Email: albertdotgreulatgooglemaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11 Comments: Hallo zusammen, habe soeben das Neue update installiert. Seit diesem Zeitpunkt funktioniert die Druckerkommunikation zwischen Laptop und Drucker über mein W-Lan nicht mehr!! Vorher funktionierte alles tadellos. Bitte um Beseitigung des Problems. Es grüßt Sie(noch)freundlich Albert Greul Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.11) Gec...

ASE 11.5.1 Service priority on NT
Long time ago, i read a FAQ/white paper/release bulletin ? about: How to increase ASE service priority on NT server. Unfortunalety, i do not find this document. TIA Patrick Piquet Patrick, To run ASE with enhanced priority, use the -P switch on the command line. However be aware that this may not make things run any faster. Process and thread priorities are used to allow the OS to arbitrate between applications that are competing for limited CPU resource. If there is no such contention over CPU, the priority doesn't make any difference. If there is co...

SSRemote on NT against Solaris ASE 11.5.1?
A bank customer has asked the following question: Can the NT version of the ssremote product be used on a solaris ASE 11.5.1 database? I'm having an easier time finding windows dll's than unix security dll's. thanks, Ed Yes, you can install SQL Remote for ASE on an NT box, and ssremote on the NT box would make a client-server connection to the ASE running on Solaris. You would have to have an appropriate version of Open Client installed on the NT box. -- Reg Domaratzki Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Please reply only to the newsgroup TechWave 2000 July 30 ...

ASE 11.5.1 on NT 4 with SP4
I have checked throughout the Sybase site and don't find reference to this. Has ASE 11.5.1 been tested / certified with Windows NT 4 and Service Pack 4? We have been running into a few problems with the Sybase Central client giving memory reference errors (among other things) which I had previously seen in 11.5 but seemed to disappear with 11.5.1 when running on NT4 with SP3. Are there maybe some EBFs for 11.5.1 that I require? Thanks in advance. D. Porter ...

ASE 11.5.1 and NT 4.0
Hello people - We're running a 4-cpu NT 4.0 SP3 server with ASE 11.5.1. If we don't reboot NT once a week, the box will hang up (at some in-oppurtune time) during the week. By hang up I mean no longer respond. Can't ping it, can't log into the Sybase server. No messages in the Sybase log. No messages in the NT event log. My basic question is for those running Sybase on NT - how often do you boot your OS and what made you settle on that schedule? An e-mail reply would be appreciated. Thanks RD rdimarcello@ingva.com Ray DiMarcello wrote: > We&#...

Web resources about - Dump from NT ASE 11.5 to NT ASE 11.5.1 - sybase.sqlserver.nt

Krejci Dump - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Krejci dump was a privately owned dump occupying 47 acres on several sites along Hines Hill Road near Boston Heights, Summit County, Ohio. ...

cc-wiki-dump « Blog – Stack Exchange
Since we publicly launched data explorer, the most notable change contributed back from the community was support for query plans , big thanks ...

Brain Dump - Incredible Facts on the App Store on iTunes
Get Brain Dump - Incredible Facts on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Tuvalu - Funafuti - Dump - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
[scanned slide from March 2000] A not so beautiful part of the Funafuti atoll - the local dump . . . People actually live right next to it! :( ...

Minnesotans for Marriage Chanting Dump General Mills! - YouTube
Minnesotans for Marriage Chanting Dump General Mills! http://www.dumpgeneralmills.com/

Dead newborn found at dump in Sharjah is third case in recent weeks
The body of the child was found at a rubbish dump in Al Sajaa on Tuesday.

Man 'asked Siri where to dump roommate's body' after alleged murder
A man accused of killing his roommate reportedly asked iPhone's digital assistant 'Siri' where to hide the body after the murder.

Facebook to Microsoft: Dump fake Facebook apps from Windows Phone Store
Facebook has asked Microsoft to remove 41 unofficial and clone 'Facebook' apps from the Windows Phone store as the social network prepares to ...

Wellington dumps $40m of Treasury Wine stock as Ellerston buys more
The fund that told Treasury Wine to reject "cheap" private equity offers last year has now sold a large part of its stake in the company as the ...

Dropbox dumps popular email client Mailbox and photo service Carousel
Facing growing competitive pressures, Dropbox has dumped two of its flagship products, including smart email pioneer Mailbox.