ASE eval and port number?

Hi,
I just received the ASE 11.5 eval disc and am having some trouble setting up the
port number and transport protocol.  I've used SQL server on UNIX extensively,
and am new to the NT version.

I've installed the server on an NT box and accepted the defaults.  I need to
access it from a Win95 machine.  What application do I use to to  configure the
client for access to the remote  server.

Apologies for the boneheaded question.  Just getting used to the new server
platform.

Thanks,
Tim
0
Timothy
2/6/1998 9:01:55 AM
sybase.sqlserver.nt 2169 articles. 0 followers. Follow

ASE Server Port Numbers...
Hello!!! I am just wondering if the usual port assignment for ASE server which is 5000, could be changed to any other number. Is there any range of values that could only be assigned for use with ASE, or we can use any port number as long as no one uses the port? Thanks!!! -KNUBIL You can use any port that is not in use on your system Knubil wrote: > Hello!!! > I am just wondering if the usual port assignment for ASE > server which is 5000, could be changed to any other number. > Is there any range of values that could only be assigned for > use with ASE, or...

changing port number ASE
Hi, I need to change the port number of ASE , how can be done ??( no entry for port number in cfg file) Isabella, You need shutdown your ASE server, edit the entry in the interfaces file on the ASE server's host and restart the ASE server. When it starts, it will use the new port number in the edited interfaces file. Don't forget to change the port number in all the client interfaces files as well. Cheers Raymond > Hi, > I need to change the port number of ASE , how can be > done ??( no entry for port number in cfg file) > Hi,...

ASE Server Port Number
How to check an ASE server's port number (as the server is not installed by me) ? I don't know how to interpret the interfaces file. Hope someone can provide hints, thanks. Hi , Specify which platform and also check the interfaces file whether it is encrypted. The best way is just do a dsedit and then select your sybase server and u can see server port number in that. Bye gops gops@rediffmail.com Thanks, I've got it. ...

Why port number on task bar was different from port number with URL?
Hi, When I test my simple program (one or two page), the port displayed in URL will keep same with one session.But the ASP.NET Development Server port displayed on task bar kept changing or disappeared. This  prevented  page from accessing.How this happen and how can I fix this error? Thanks in advance. Since the asp.net2.0 has internal web server... so it would be not possible to say what the port number would be.... So it would be a best way to use the system name... say., if u run in the same machine (localhost) - use - http://localhost/12345.aspxPlease remember to click ...

How to make website accessible to only particular port numbers? How to create such port numbers?
Hi, How to make website accessible to only particular port numbers? How to create such port numbers? Swati you dont have to handle this with handlers...you can set this in IIS.......

Dump from NT ASE 11.5 to NT ASE 11.5.1
I am having trouble dumping a 11.5 ASE database to a 11.5.1 backupserver. I have the remote backupserver listed in the 11.5 remote servers list. It works going from the 11.5.1 machine to the 11.5 machine. Is there a compatibility issue? Thank you for your time. Dax daj@abmdata.com What do you mean by 'having trouble'? Are you getting error messages? If so, what error messages? Any error messages in the backupserver errorlog? Is the dump command hanging? not completing? What is the actual dump command that you're using? Does the target tape/director...

Downloading the eval copy of ASE 12.0 for NT
Hi, I have tried downloading the 60-day eval copy of ASE 12.0 for NT and for some reason, even after the entire download process has ended and it displays that download was complete, I am able to see a .zip file of just about 93MB (instead of 217 MB which got downloaded) which happens to be an invalid archive. Does anyone have any advise for me ?? I have tried downloading from both US and Europe sites twice. Thanks in advance, Bujji hi! i recommend to use a download utitlity like GOZILLA (free downloadabe from tucows.com) - this guarantiess 100% save download (saves e...

SQL Remote for ASE 11.9.2 NT (eval)
I have downloaded the evaluation version of ASE 11.9.2 for Windows NT, and I can't seem to find the SQL Remote files (ssremote.exe, etc). Can anyone tell me where to find them, or if I need to download it separately (and if so from where)? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks! I don;t think you would get SQL Remote with this bundle! Arun Larry Kostmayer wrote: > I have downloaded the evaluation version of ASE 11.9.2 for Windows NT, > and I can't seem to find the SQL Remote files (ssremote.exe, etc). Can > anyone tell me where to find them, or if I n...

ASE 11.9.2 NT Eval install problem
After *finally* getting the complete zip of the ASE 11.9.2 demo for WinNT, I am having problems getting a complete installation. After what seems to be the completion of the file copy phase, I get a Dr.Watson in _INS0432._MP.exe, which I believe to be an InstallShield executable. No shortcuts or services are created. I have seen a very similar condition with the installation of ActiveState PERL, on a different NT machine. Has anyone come across this? Perhaps a problem with InstallShield? I am getting the same error but in ASE 11.5.1. I have posted the error in a seperate messa...

ASE Migration From ASE 11.5.1 (NT) to ASE 12.9 on Win2003.
Need help to find Sybase's upgrade and migration docs on above subject? Thank you. ASE 12.9? Currently, no released versions of ASE are certified on Win 2003. ASE 12.5.1 will be certified when it is released later this year. Mark Kusma <Lily Maria> wrote in message news:3f497cad.367e.846930886@sybase.com... > Need help to find Sybase's upgrade and migration docs on > above subject? > Thank you. Thanks for the info. I would like to know if there's any online documentation on migration and upgrade plan of the ASE 11.5.1 to ASE 12.5.1? Do applica...

ASA - NT vs. ASE
Can asa on NT handle 100, possibly 150+ concurrent users doing complex queries? At what point should ASE on NT be considered over ASA on NT? Is there any threshold (or rule of thumb) for the number of concurrent users for ASA? Thanks, Reggie The answer is always "it depends". Number of users is one factor, but volume of transactions and complexity of queries are more significant factors. We do have customers with 150-200 concurrent users on an ASA server. Keep in mind that ASA supports multiple processors, so it is most likely just a question of sizing the ...

migrate ase nt to ase linux
what is the fastest way to do the data transfer ? is there any specify data folders like in mysql that i can just copy over? Dump and load the database. -bret j wrote: > what is the fastest way to do the data transfer ? is there any specify data > folders like in mysql that i can just copy over? ...

Passwords migration from ASE on NT to ASE on Unix
We are migrating our ASE servers from NT to Unix and trying to keep the logins and passwords, but it seems like is not posible across platforms (from NT to Unix). I was able to copy the syslogins data from a NT ASE server to another ASE NT server, but when I tried from Nt to Unix didn't work. Does someone know if there is a way to do it? Sergio No, the encryption is different on the two platforms. -bret Sergio.Nava wrote: > We are migrating our ASE servers from NT to Unix and trying to keep the > logins and passwords, but it seems like is not posible across...

problem with number/number=number ?
hi i need for below 1/36 = 0,0277777777777778 but result should be 1 3/36 should be 1 35/36 should be 1..... (between 1 and 36)/36 should be 1 36/36  and 37/36 and 45/36 and 71/36 should be 2  (between 72 and 37)/36 should be 2  (between 107 and 73)/36 should be 3  and go on how can i do it ? ThanksMark as me if my question or my answer can be helpful for you :) Hi, I think that (int)(n / 36) + 1 will do the trick  hi it work true without below  result 1 for 1/36 and 4 /36 and 35 /36 .. it is true.. but result 2 for 36/36 . res...

Web resources about - ASE eval and port number? - sybase.sqlserver.nt

Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A number is a mathematical object used to count , label, and measure . In mathematics , the definition of number has been extended over the years ...

Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A number is a mathematical object used to count , label, and measure . In mathematics , the definition of number has been extended over the years ...

Victoria's disgrace: no new schools as number of students surges
Rather than ducking behind tired excuses and finger-pointing, the state government needs to recognise the impending crisis in our education system ...

US Powerball: Tickets, results, winning numbers, live stream of lottery for Australians
ONE of the winners of the world record Powerball jackpot has been revealed as a California nurse who was given the ticket by her generous boss. ...

Australian teacher shortage fears as student numbers soar
As the number of school children increases, the number of teachers leaving the profession goes up.

​Alberta job market buoyed by jump in self-employment numbers
Whether pushed into it by the economic downturn or simply pursuing opportunities regardless of the recession, the number of self-employed Albertans ...

Industrial Production Numbers and Revisions Shockingly Bad; Autos Have Peaked
... the dollar. Index of Industrial Production It appears the weather has been bad for 10 out of the last 12 months. Industrial Production Numbers ...

Explaining the Crazy Ted Cruz-Donald Trump ‘New York Values’ Spat in Numbers
Politically, baiting the nation's most populous city pays

The 2 most dangerous numbers in the universe are threatening the end of physics
... which Cliff says is "Because the laws of physics forbid it." At the core of Cliff's argument are what he calls the two most dangerous numbers ...

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles sued for allegedly fudging sales numbers
Two FCA dealerships have filed a federal suit claiming, among other things, conspiratorial behavior. Naturally, the automaker disagrees.