ASE 11.5 Replication with SQL Remote

Has anybody gotten ASE 11.5 for NT to replicate using SQL Remote ? There
seem to be problems using SQL Remote as the agent to replicate between ASE
11.5 nodes ?

0
Steve
2/17/1998 6:34:13 PM
sybase.sqlserver.nt 2169 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Dump from NT ASE 11.5 to NT ASE 11.5.1
I am having trouble dumping a 11.5 ASE database to a 11.5.1 backupserver. I have the remote backupserver listed in the 11.5 remote servers list. It works going from the 11.5.1 machine to the 11.5 machine. Is there a compatibility issue? Thank you for your time. Dax daj@abmdata.com What do you mean by 'having trouble'? Are you getting error messages? If so, what error messages? Any error messages in the backupserver errorlog? Is the dump command hanging? not completing? What is the actual dump command that you're using? Does the target tape/director...

rep solaris ase 11.5.1 to nt ase 11.5/11.51
Help! I need to replicate 11.5.1 ase on Solaris 2.6 to ase 11.5 or 11.5.1 on nt on intel. Could you answer the following: 1) To move the initial data I would like to load the dump data from the Solaris server to Windows nt server. Can this be done? 2) Do my device definitions on the Nt side need to duplicate those on the Solaris side. 3) The repserver is on Solaris as well. I only have 11.5 on nt can get ase 11.5.1 on nt. Is this an issue. Do I need repserver on nt? Any known traps? george wrote: > Help! > > I need to replicate 11.5.1 ase on Solaris 2.6 to ase...

ASE 11.9.2 and SQL Remote 5.5.04
I�ve installed ASE 11.9.2 and SQLRemote 5.5.04 on an NT 4.0 (SP3) machine and then loaded a Sybase SQL Server 11.0.3 database dump that has had SQL Remote (5.5.04) loaded on it. When I open the database in Sybase Central (3.0.0.1887) on the NT database server machine, I cannot see the SQL Remote node in the treeview for the database that I loaded. Does anyone know why? Thanks, Todd The SQLRemote plugin requires extra DLLs to be installed on the client machine. You should be able to copy these from the other machine: \sybtools\ase\scssrem.dll \sybtools\ase\scsrlgen.dll Re...

replicate ASE 11.0.3 via R.S. 11.5 to ASE 11.9.2
Has any one successfully replicated from 11.0.3 using Rep Server 11.5 to ASE 11.9.2 using ltm's? We are running on solaris 2.6 using veritas filesystem and keep getting stack traces (this shuts down the connection). I would like to know if anyone else has replicated using these versions or something similar. Thanks. kboniface@worldres.com Yes, I have done this. No specific problems. HTH, Rob -- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Rob Verschoor Certified Sybase ASE 11.5 Administrator (Professional) Certified DBA/Performance...

Replication from ASE 11.92 and Rep 11.5 on AIX 4.2.1 to Linux ASE 11.92 possible?
We are trying to work this out and so far have hit a few snags. Here is the situation: Our Linux server is named tlaas_linux1 and our AIX server is ZYDVAX01. The ASE servers are named tlaas_linux1_sy and ZYDVAX01_SY respectively. from tlaas_linux1: -isql -Usa -Ppassword -SZYDVAX01_SY (works) -exec ZYDVAX01_SY.master..sp_who (works) from zydvax01: -isql -Umaintuser -Pmaintpass -Stlaas_linux1_sy (works) -isql -Usa -Ppassword -Stlaas_linux1_sy (works) -exec tlaas_linux1_sy.master..sp_who (works when logged into ZYDVAX01_SY.mzypd using isql) -stored procs in the replicate database...

Converting NT 11.5 ASE to a Solaris 12.5 ASE
We are trying to migrate a server running on Windows NT to a Solaris machine. The NT box is running ASE 11.5 and the Solaris box is running 12.5. So far, the only way we have came up with to migrate the data is bcp. The problem is we estimate this to be probably about a 6-7 hour process. Our shop runs 24*7*365 and unfortunately downtime is not something we get. In the past when we have migrated servers, we have used warm-standby which has worked really nicely. But in this case we can't run dump and load to populate the database. Has anyone been able to migrate an NT box to a...

SQL Remote on ASE 11.5 on Unix.
I just got back from ISUG, and while there, was told that one can now run SQL Remote on ASE 11.5 running on Solaris. I have a need to replicate between SQL Anywhere on NT and ASE 11.5 on Solaris. I just received ASE 11.5 for Solaris, and I can't find anything in Sybooks on SQL Remote under Unix. Has anyone had any experience with this? Carl ...

SQL Remote for ASE 11.5.1
I'm attempting to use SQL Remote with ASE 11.5.1 and ASA 7. Sybase Central doesn't seem to have the SQL Remote folders with it. Is there certain version of it that I need ? Also, should I go to a later version of ASE to make things easier ? 11.9.2 or 12 ? Any words of wisdom are truly appreciated... Bert Kaseberg bkaseber@swbell.net ...

SQL Remote for ASE 11.5.1
I am attempting to use ASE 11.5.1 and ASA 7 with SQL Remote. Sybase Central (11.5.1) does not show SQL Remote folder. I am having to query the views and tables to find all status info. Should I upgrade to a later version of ASE ? 11.9.2 or 12 ? Also, any words of wisdom concerning replication between these two is greatly appreciated! Bert Kaseberg bkaseber@swbell.net Did you install SQL Remote for ASE on the machine where Sybase Central has the ASE plug-in? -- Reg Domaratzki Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Please reply only to the newsgroup ASA EBFs and Whitepapers http://w...

Masive storage process from ASE 11.5 to IQ 11.5 on NT !!!
Hi !!! I must move all the data weekly, from ASE 11.5 to IQ 11.5 on NT, but I do not know which is the best way of do it...my idea is to send a process than insert all the information from ASE to IQ, an after all the infromation is on IQ delete the trasmited information form de ASE, now, what I do not know is how to manage the transactions in case of some error on the process, how to rollback all if something hapen, I know than IQ do not support Begin Tran, but I think than must exist a way to do it.................. somebody do this before???? some idea.... Thank's Juan P...

Upgrading ASE for NT 11.5 to 11.5.1 and OpenClient upgrades
Hello, First, how do I get the upgrade kit to upgrade ASE for NT from 11.5 to 11.5.1? Second, does the above upgrade kit also upgrade the OpenClient libraries? I found the "EBF" files on the Sybase web site. Specifically, EBF7786.zip, which has lots of fixes for OpenClient & OpenServer 11.1.1. And EBF8015.zip, which has fixes for ASE 11.5.0. I tried applying EBF8015.zip, but when I tried to starting the server, I got the following error: The procedure entry point uniconv_unistreamToS could not be located in the dynamic link library libunic.dll. Fortunatel...

Replication between ASE and MSSQL 6.5 with SQL Remote?
Is there a way to use SQL Remote to do replication between ASE for Linux and MS SQL 6.5? I'm planning on removing the MS SQL Server eventually and using only ASE as our company database. I would like to have both databases mirrored for a period of time (2-3 months) to test them. I know about Replication server but I'm don't want to spend the money if I'll be using only ASE in a couple of months. If it can't be done, does anyone knows of an ODBC or OLE-DB driver that can make request to more than one data source at the same time? Thanks in advance Fawzib Rojas ...

Replication ASE
Hi, How can i replicate data between 2 ASE servers using SQL Remote, because when i use ssxtract it extracts a anywhere database .db. other question is i wanto replicate data via email, is microsoft exchage server enough for this or i'll need other mail server. thanks in advance Joan jmcd wrote in message <37616E0E.91D29322@else.com.pe>... >Hi, > >How can i replicate data between 2 ASE servers using SQL Remote, because >when i use ssxtract it extracts a anywhere database .db. > Hi I try this type of replication. In documentation i d...

ASE 11.5 CIS to SQL Any 5.5 Table over OSG
Hi, i am using ASE 11.5 EBF 7830 under NT 4. I try to access remote tables from Sql Anywhere with ASE 11.5 If i try to add a proxy table to ASE over SQL Central, i got an message that an error occured. The following statement is from the output of OSG running in verbose mode: SELECT '', 'DBA', o.name, c.name, convert(smallint, c.usertype), t.name, convert(int, isnull(c.prec, 0)), convert(int, c.length), convert(smallint, isnull(c.scale, 0)), 0, convert(smallint, status & 8), 'REMARKS', convert(smallint, c.type), colid, convert(int, c.type), ...

Web resources about - ASE 11.5 Replication with SQL Remote - sybase.sqlserver.nt

DNA replication - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
DNA replication is a biological process that occurs in all living organisms and copies their DNA ; it is the basis for biological inheritance ...

Facebook Slashes Data Replication With HDFS RAID
Avoiding replication is a key component of efficient data storage , and one method Facebook uses to accomplish this task is HDFS RAID , which ...

PolSci Replication (@PolSciReplicate) on Twitter

Encryption in demand for backup and replication: Veeam
When it comes to backup and replication, Veeam has found encryption is one of the most requested feature by businesses.

John Sands Australia cuts data replication time from 14 hours to three
Corporate data replication was taking up to 14 hours to complete at greeting card company John Sands Australia until data acceleration software ...

EMC gives VMware admins the reins to replication and recovery
EMC is putting replication and recovery into the hands of VMware administrators with a software version of its RecoverPoint appliance that's ...

Facebook Slashes Data Replication With HDFS RAID - SocialTimes
Avoiding replication is a key component of efficient data storage , and one method Facebook uses to accomplish this task is HDFS RAID , which ...

rsync.net: ZFS Replication to the cloud is finally here—and it’s fast
As friendly of an online advertisement as you'll find. In mid-August, the first commercially available ZFS cloud replication target became available ...

Google deprecates old App Engine datastore in favor of High-Replication version
Google is deprecating the Master/Slave Datastore used by its cloud platform App Engine in favor of the High-Replication Datastore (HRD), which ...