Question :Linux box Linux to the ASE server

Hello there,

I have setup up an ASE server on my redhat 6.0, i tried to link this
server from another computer which running the winNT(open client is
installed)

and it is works very well.

and i want to link(use) the ASE server from another Linux(also installed
Redhat 6)

How can i do ?

i guess i should first install something just like the open client like
my WinNT box  and then install some Admin tools

Please give me advice,

TIA

     __   _
  | /  \_|/
  |/\__/ |__/
 /|
 \|  Tomorrow Never Die

0
jOe
6/13/1999 2:28:24 PM
sybase.sqlserver.linux 1108 articles. 1 followers. Follow

jOe wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I have setup up an ASE server on my redhat 6.0, i tried to link this
> server from another computer which running the winNT(open client is
> installed)
>
> and it is works very well.
>
> and i want to link(use) the ASE server from another Linux(also installed
> Redhat 6)
>
> How can i do ?
>
> i guess i should first install something just like the open client like
> my WinNT box  and then install some Admin tools

The easiest is to simply install the ase-11.0.3.3 rpm on the other linux machine,
and use sybinit to create the appropriate interfaces file (or copy the
interfaces file from teh other machine).

Michael
Michael

LINUX and Adaptive Server for LINUX
What does everybody think about the stability of Sybase on LINUX, and where can i get mor information about it? -- Ramses Palomo CSSoftware, Inc. Guatemala rpalomo@starnet.net.gt This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------1131468DB38D86409C30C2E2 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Ramses Palomo wrote: > > What does everybody think about the stability of Sybase on LINUX, and > where can i get mor information about it? > > -- > Ramses Palomo > CSSoftware, Inc. Guatemala > rpalomo@starne...

ODBC for ASE 12.5.3 Linux, connecting from App on Linux box
Hello; We have a web application on a Linux patform that we are trying to connect to ASE database 12.5.3 on a Suse 9 Linux box. Thsi our first time, Linux to Linux. Can't seem to find ODBC drivers anywhere on Sybase website or CDs. Do they exist as a Sybase product, can't seem to find it, or do we have to purchase a driver from a third party? If so can you identify the third party of choice? Thanks. Claude Shea Government of PEI, Canada ...

Migrate linux to linux
We want to migrate our gw7 from netware to linux but because we lack a spliffy new server i need to move it to a temporary server first. Thankfully we have an OES2 'test' server currently running in our production tree with suse10 and oes2. After we migrate the Netware server to the test server and get everything running, is it enough to just install the agents on the real server, copy the entire database over from test maintaining path etc, change some ip's in the nds and hit start ? - Arjan On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 15:46:01 +0000, Arjan wrote: > After we m...

Linux to Linux VPN
Hey All, Hopefully this is something that can be done. I have a main office with a Win2000 server. I have a remote office with 3 computers, right now each of the remote computers connects to the windows2000 server over the internet using VPN with the W2K box being the VPN server. This causes a few problems because of the domain login and the user's are not the ummmm brightest with computers. What I want to do it place a perment VPN with auto re-connect so when they unplug the DSL modem to plug in the Fax (I know I know) and then plug the DSL back in it will re-sync the VPN...

Linux profile and multiple linux boxes
Not sure if this is the right forum or not. Forgive me if it's the wrong one. Basically, I setup a test OES server in one of our test networks. Works like a champ. We're using the OES server as an FTP server (have a gui frontend that runs on apache2 and uses the vsftpd ftp server). Anyways, so I LUM'd an edirectory user and it gave him a UID, a bash shell, and a linux home directory.The question is what happens if I introduce another SLES9/OES server in the future? My edirectory user already has a unique UID and a linux home directory. How will the "new" OES/li...

Mount Linux share to Linux server
I am trying to mount a Linux share to another Linux server. I attempted to use the command mount -t smbfs -o user=username //server/share /mount point I got a strange error 24231: session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.) SMB connection failed I made sure the user name I used had a samba account. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Brian -- bspangler ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hi Do you have restrictions based on the machine-ip or based on a specific user in your smb.conf? Is your ...

Move Linux GW7 to new Linux Server
Hello: I have a Linux GroupWise 7.0.2 system that I need to move to new server hardware. The current server is SLES 10 (non SP1). The new server is SLES 10 SP1. How would I go about doing that? Can I just: 1. Install eDirectory on the new server and add it to the tree. 2. Install GroupWise 7.0.2 on the new system. 3. Copy the GroupWise domain and post office directories from the old system to the new system (would be in the same location). 4. Change the eDir objects to point to the new IP address. 5. Start the MTA/GWIA on the new server. Or, is there something else that I wo...

Samba: win to linux fine, natilus (linux) to linux asks for password
Hi! Basically that is my particular issue, adding that I've set it up over openvpn as well, to the same server. [win -> linux] - see public (for existing users) shares and try to enter them - when asked for user and password, can see the contents of the public share along with my home folder - can see the shared local printer, and open and view current print jobs on the server (cannot print tough, will write another post about that) [linux to linux] - try to access the server via smbclient -L and can see shares ok - from nautilus, with the address smb://10.22.22.1 ...

Same machine: ASE 12.5.3 Linux vs ASE 12.5.3 Windows
We had a report from one of our clients recently that our Sybase ASE-based app was running slowly on their new Linux box. As we develop internally against ASE on Windows we thought it would be an interesting test to install both the Windows and Linux flavors of ASE 12.5.3 onto the same server and look at the relative performance. We used a Dell PowerEdge 1950 with 2 x Intel Xeon 3.73GHz dual core processors. On one drive we put SuSE Enterprise Linux Server 10 x86-64, and on the other we put Windows Server 2003 Std R2 64-bit edition. Both were fresh-off-the-CD OS installs. ...

OES(Linux) to OES2 (Linux)
Have a gaggle of servers running OES Linux. What are the reasons, compelling or otherwise, for upgrading/migrating, to OES2? Most of what I see are focused on convincing NetWare user to migrate to OES2. Being EOL or near EOL, would not be sufficient reason. -- joea ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 14:36:04 +0000, joea wrote: > Being EOL or near EOL, would not be sufficient reason. If it's a production system it is. I would get all OES1 servers updated to OES2 ASAP. -- Joe Marton Novel...

Linux Services on Linux OES2
Hi all, i´m testing a 2 node cluster (maybe more in the future) on OES2 (SLES10SP1, iSCSI on HP MSA1510i). Finally i want to cluster some NSS-Volumes, Groupwise and a CVS Server. Will this be possible?? Are there Linux-Services, which are not possible to implement with Novell Cluster Services? Thanks in advance. Alex Alexander Lorenz, NSS volumes and GroupWise are possible to cluster. I'm not sure about the CVS server though. Basically any serice that can access data from an NSS volume or from eDirectory should be possible to cluster. NCS requires NSS volumes, in...

Dual boot
Recently, all of the sata controllers on my system board went south. Rather than buy a new board, I decided to dump Windows completely (since it is a pain to get working from an external drive) and just go with Ubuntu as an external. The Ubuntu install went fine. Everything so far is working. I decided to take the drive that used to have XP on it and set up a couple of other distro's to take a look at. I installed Kbuntu, and everything worked fine. I then installed Mepis. After the install I got a grub error:2 which I believe is that it cannot find the OS. I know this is d...

How to share a printer Linux to Linux
Hi, I've seen lots of posts on sharing printers in a mixed network, but I have 3 machines all with SUSE 10.3 - and I am having great difficulty in figuring out how to share the printer attached to the machine I use as a server. I have even tried Samba, but no success. Has anyone succeeded with setting up a shared printer using YAST? thanks for any reply -- prtowlson ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I just solved your problem yesterday. I'm printing using cups and IPP. So I didn't print via samba. You should ...

ASE 15.0.2
Is it supported? Anyone tries this, if so, could you post the steps and comments. I don't want to use ECDA (gateway) here, unixODBC driver is preferred. Thanks You can't setup a "remote server" to anything other than another ASE, ECDA, or any other open server product. In order to connect to an ODBC target, your only option is ECDA. "dbMethods" <dbmethods@nospam.com> wrote in message news:47e19f5a@forums-1-dub... > Is it supported? Anyone tries this, if so, could you post the steps and > comments. I don't want to use ECDA (gateway)...

Web resources about - Question :Linux box Linux to the ASE server - sybase.sqlserver.linux

Australian scientist Jane Taupin questions Koh Tao death penalty evidence
An Australian forensic scientist has questioned key DNA evidence that led to two migrant workers being sentenced to death for the gruesome murders ...

Perth Scorchers loss raises questions on over-reliance on Marsh, Klinger
The reigning BBL champion Perth Scorchers may have a problem on their hands.

Africa: When the Menstrual Cycle Becomes a Question of Human Rights
Opinion - Any views expressed in this article are those of the author and not of Thomson Reuters Foundation.

Question Of The Day: Worst Craigslist nightmare?
Filed under: Etc. , Used Car Buying Buyers that demand a lifetime warranty. Sellers who lie. Flakes who don't show up. What's your worst car-related ...

iPhone 6s demand called into question as Apple reportedly orders cut back in production
Citing sources familiar with Apple's supply chain, Nikkei is reporting that the company is scaling back iPhone 6s and 6s Plus production by as ...

One SAHM's Answer to the Dreaded Question: 'Do You Work?'
We volunteer at school (but not too much). We get involved with sports (but not too much). We show up at every poetry reading, tipi-making event, ...

'Making a Murderer' lawyers answer 2 burning questions viewers have about the Steven Avery case
Steve Avery's defense attorney Dean Strang and former Calumet County prosecutor Ken Kratz appeared on Fox News to address questions about the ...

Question #5 for 2016: Will the Fed raise rates in 2016, and if so, by how much?
Earlier I posted some questions for next year: Ten Economic Questions for 2016 . I'll try to add some thoughts, and maybe some predictions for ...

Donald Trump: Birther questions about Ted Cruz could be a problem
Republican front-runner suggests citizenship questions about Cruz, who was born in Canada, could hurt GOP