maximum number of connections have already been opened

Hi there,

Our site is set up with IIS4/NT4 running ISAPI accessing via Delphi BDE to
ASE databases on Linux.  The following error come up frequently.
Please help !
Internal Server Error 500

----
Exception: EDBEngineError
Message: General SQL error. ct_connect(): user api layer: external error:
The maximum number of connections have already been opened. Alias: FOLIOSB

0
KL
4/23/1999 3:13:54 AM
sybase.sqlserver.linux 1108 articles. 1 followers. Follow

KL Tse wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Our site is set up with IIS4/NT4 running ISAPI accessing via Delphi BDE to
> ASE databases on Linux.  The following error come up frequently.
> Please help !
> Internal Server Error 500

THis is an error from IIS, not from Sybase (or at least not necessarily).

Check the IIS error logs to find out what the problem really is...

Michael
Michael
4/23/1999 2:28:44 PM
On Fri, 23 Apr 1999 14:28:44 +0000, Michael Peppler
<mpeppler@peppler.org> wrote:

>KL Tse wrote:
>>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Our site is set up with IIS4/NT4 running ISAPI accessing via Delphi BDE to
>> ASE databases on Linux.  The following error come up frequently.
>> Please help !
>> Internal Server Error 500
>
>THis is an error from IIS, not from Sybase (or at least not necessarily).
>
>Check the IIS error logs to find out what the problem really is...

Well, looking to the errormessage, it looks like it comes from the
Borland Database engine...
Reinoud van Leeuwen
Sybase Professional Services Maarssen / The Netherlands
0
reinoud
4/23/1999 2:37:19 PM
Thanks a lot. Will try to find whether the error logs are.
KL

Michael Peppler <3720839C.72699C33@peppler.org>...
>THis is an error from IIS, not from Sybase (or at least not necessarily).
>
>Check the IIS error logs to find out what the problem really is...
>
>Michael
>--
>Michael Peppler         -||-  Data Migrations Inc.
>mpeppler@peppler.org    -||-  http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler
>Int. Sybase User Group  -||-  http://www.isug.com

KL

The maximum number of connections have already been opened.
Hi, Sirs! We are working with open client sybase 12.5.2. We have an application that access database server in many times by second. After a period of time, we have the following error message : The maximum number of connections have already been opened. Anyone knows what is wrong? Is it with open client configuration or sybase server configuration? Thanks in advance. One application opens many database connections ? I don't know if there is a limit on the number of connections that one application can open, but there is surely a limit on the number of connections ...

number of connections have already been opened.
Hi, Web page shows error your not authorised to view this page error code 403. once i restart the jaguar everything is fine. error log shows following lines. Feb 15 07:05:46 2006: CT-LIBRARY Message - 16843014/1/08000: ct_connect(): user api layer: external error: The maximum number of connections have already been opened. I am using easerver 5.1 Pb 9 build 7236 and ase 12.5.2 regards nas Looks like you are connecting to the database but not disconnecting. How are you accessing the db? -- Regards, Millard [TeamSybase] <nas> wrote in message news:43fbf97e....

The connection is already open and the connection state is connecting.
Hello, I am getting this error time to time randomly. My web application is built on asp.net 3.5 which uses ODBC 5.1 driver to connect to mysql database. I have a separate database class which handles the connection, execute, fetching and all. The application runs fine for sometime then suddenly the users start getting this error after which the application fails to insert select from database. I have posted in this forum couple of times now and no one is really contributing or helping me. Please..Any help will be highly appreciated.. Many thanks, Viv The database abstract loo...

Maximum Number of connection a datareader can open at a time
Hi,    Maximum number of connection a datareader can open at time  and Maximum number rows a datareader can fetch at a time from database?     Regards,   Janakaraj.P    Hi, To my knowledge, there is no limitation in the maximum number of rows that can be fetched. The problem will most likely reside in memory overload, timeout and performance for the client. In scenario where a large number of rows are return, you should consider paging in order to ease the display and the reading. How efficient can a grid be with 3000 ...

The connection is already open (status=Open)
I've got a problem. I'm building an asp.net page with vb.net and I'm using MS Access 2000 as a database. I'm trying to add a user to the database and doing two INSERT's to the database and I'm getting the following error The Connection is already open (status=Open). System.InvalidOperationException: The Connection is already open (status=Open). My question is what am I doing wrong? The codes are as follows: This code is run when the user registrates himself Private Sub Registrate_Click( _ ByVal sender As Object, _ ByVal e As EventArgs) _ Handles...

The connection is already Open (state=Open, Fetching).
Hello again. This problem relates to a Business Object that I've created. I get the above error when I try t call a Sub within the business object that inserts into the database. I have various other Subs and Functions that Select from the database and they don't seem to have a problem. I can't see where the connection is being left open... But I've been staring at this all day now so theres a good chance I'm missing something obvious... The VB for the business object is below. The sub in the aspx page that calls it is: Sub Button1_Click(Source As Object, E As EventArgs)dim objForum ...

Error:The connection is already Open (state=Open)
Hi i got an error "The connection is already Open (state=Open)" when connect to the database but if i check the connection state before open the database, i got another error; if(data.Conn.State!=ConnectionState.Open)      data.Conn.Open();   thanks in advance.   and I found that the connection state is closed before i open the database   really in puzzle Hi, could you please provide the relevant pieces of code that's not working? This makes it easier to find what's wrong and provide more accurate answers. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Fire...

how to solve this error? "SQL1040N The maximum number of applications is already connected to the database. SQLSTATE=57030"
Hi, I'm quite new to .NET and I'm facing this error message now...I have a webpage that displays the results from a db2 database table with datagrid, and so as to keep it "updated", the webpage refreshes.After sometime, it'll tell me this errorSQL1040N The maximum number of applications is already connected to the database. SQLSTATE=57030..... Line 649: Dim dbConn As New OleDbConnection(ConnectionString) 'adoDBConnection used in BindGrid Line 650: dbConn.Open()In my code, for every1)Dim adoConnection As ADODB.Connection = getConn()Dim adoConnectionString As String = Sp...

The connection is already Open (state=Connecting) when populating DataGrid
I get the following error when populating a DataGrid: Source: System.DataThe connection is already Open (state=Connecting).   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open()   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.QuietOpen(IDbConnection connection, ConnectionState& originalState)   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromCommand(Object data, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTab...

System.InvalidOperationException: The connection is already Open (State=Open)
Hello,I am receiving the above error on my web pages in an inconsistent manner.  I know it has to do with my vb.net web page(s) making connections to my backend SQL Server database but I don't know how to correct the problem.  I would greatly appreciate some detailed explanation on how to code a fix.  Here is what's happening in more detail.  I have a webpage that loads and makes a call to the database and retrieves some text to display on the webpage.  The routine that makes the call creates a command object giving the name of the stored procedure to call, crea...

The annoying 'The connection is already Open (state=Open)'
Hi I'm getting confused with what is the correct way to open and close a connection. I have the following two fiunctions. The first requires the second to return a string (in bold): Sub AddHit (page,IPAddress, IPNumber,browser,userID,developmentID) Dim objCmd As New OleDbCommand("spAddHit", objConn)         objCmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure               Dim objParam As New OleDbParameter("@Page", OleDbType.Char)         objParam.Value ...

Maximum Number of Connections
--------------89A62470F93A8AA100BFEB05 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Maximum Number of Connections The maximum number of connections retrieved from ct_config is 25. The default on most vendor stacks is eight. To increase the number from the default, reconfigure the protocol stack. I found the following information in a release bulletin, does anyone know how to reconfigure the protocol stack. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tina --------------89A62470F93A8AA100BFEB05 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii C...

Maximum Number of Connections
--------------BA5CD9E3EA4569E70B7C408E Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Maximum Number of Connections The maximum number of connections retrieved from ct_config is 25. The default on most vendor stacks is eight. To increase the number from the default, reconfigure the protocol stack. I found the following information in a release bulletin, does anyone know how to reconfigure the protocol stack. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tina --------------BA5CD9E3EA4569E70B7C408E Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii C...

The connection is already Open
Hi I have the below problem and i dont know why look at the script of the page: sub findcomment struserid = request.cookies("sitenewsusers")("user") dim sqlgetcomments as new OleDbDataAdapter _ ("SELECT * FROM comments where tbluserid = "& struserid &" and tblanswer = false order by commentid ", conn) dim dsgetcomments as DataSet = new DataSet() sqlgetcomments.Fill(dsgetcomments, "comments") ...

Web resources about - maximum number of connections have already been opened - sybase.sqlserver.linux

This Is How Facebook Is Working to Improve Experience On Slower Connections
... the globe, that’s not their situation . In recent years, Facebook has paid close attention to its user experience on 2G and other slow connections. ...

Addappt now lets you block contacts and connections
... gives you even more control than before. New features Block a current contact from connecting if they use Addappt down the road Block a connection ...

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – An arrest has been made in connection with the 2014 murder ...
CBS Local MIAMI (CBSMiami) – An arrest has been made in connection with the 2014 murder ... CBS Local Raksin was shot to death walking to ...