can't perform dumps - error 7205: can't open a connection to site SYB_BACKUP

I'm trying to learn how to do database dumps and backups with Sybase
11.9.2-1 on Linux.
Everytime I run:
'dump database master to "/dev/st0"', I get error 7205, 'Can't open a
connection to site SYB_BACKUP. See the error log file in the SQL Server
boot directory.'
Is there an easy explanation as to why this isn't working?
I've just started working with Sybase and thought I was following the dump
instructions per the book, but they don't seem to work.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
winnerd@home.com
0
winnerd
8/3/2000 7:53:44 PM
πŸ“ sybase.sqlserver.linux
πŸ“ƒ 1108 articles.
⭐ 1 followers.

πŸ’¬ 3 Replies
πŸ‘οΈβ€πŸ—¨οΈ 2126 Views

Hi,
Error 7205 could be given if the Backupserver isn't running.
issue: isql -S'backupservername'
If you get an error see URL:
http://manuals.sybase.com/onlinebooks/group-as/asg1192e/svrtsg/@Generic__BookView;pt=11019?DwebQuery=7205
Hope this helps
harry.splinter@sybase.com
0
Anonymous
Is the backup server running?
backups with Sybase
dump
0
Myron
Maybe you have to recreate the backup server. I already had this problem
with Sybase for Windows NT. When I just recreated the Backup Server, the
problem was resolved.
Regards.

--
Leandro Molinari
leandro@raposa.com

<winnerd@home.com> escreveu nas notοΏ½cias de
mensagem:8E34E5FB4FD3B568006D4A6585256930.006D4A7385256930@webforums...
> I'm trying to learn how to do database dumps and backups with Sybase
> 11.9.2-1 on Linux.
>
> Everytime I run:
> 'dump database master to "/dev/st0"', I get error 7205, 'Can't open a
> connection to site SYB_BACKUP. See the error log file in the SQL Server
> boot directory.'
>
> Is there an easy explanation as to why this isn't working?
> I've just started working with Sybase and thought I was following the dump
> instructions per the book, but they don't seem to work.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> winnerd@home.com

0