Maximum Number of Connections

--------------89A62470F93A8AA100BFEB05

Maximum Number of Connections

The maximum number of connections retrieved from ct_config
is 25. The default on most vendor stacks is eight. To
increase the
number from the default, reconfigure the protocol stack.

I found the following information in a release bulletin,
does anyone know how to reconfigure the protocol stack.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Tina

--------------89A62470F93A8AA100BFEB05

<HTML>
<I>Maximum Number of Connections</I><I></I>

<P><I>The maximum number of connections retrieved from ct_config is 25.
The default on most vendor stacks is eight. To increase the</I>
<BR><I>number from the default, reconfigure the protocol stack.</I><I></I>

<P>I found the following information in a release bulletin, does anyone
know how to reconfigure the protocol stack.
<BR>Your help would be greatly appreciated.
<BR>Thanks,
<BR>Tina</HTML>

--------------89A62470F93A8AA100BFEB05--

0
Tina
8/19/1998 12:53:19 AM
sybase.sqlserver.general 4269 articles. 0 followers. Follow

connection pool has reached maximum number of connections
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE ...

Number of connections connected
hi, all I can limit the user connections to my sybase. But how can I know how many connections currently connected to my sybase ? Regards, Keene Hui Kenneth Hui wrote: > I can limit the user connections to my sybase. Do you mean on a per user basis? If so, no. > But how can I know how many connections currently connected > to my sybase ? 'sp_who' or 'select * from sysprocesses' will show the current connections. -am � 2001 ...

What is the maximum number of concurrent connections?
I downloaded a trial copy of SQL Anywhere 5.5. The standalone engine apparently supports only 10 connections, which is way too low for the application I have. Assuming a 1-user license and all connections coming from the same machine, how many concurrent connections does the network server support? Unfortunately, the network server is not included in the trial version, so I can't experiment with it. I apologize if this question has been already answered elsewhere, I was not able to find an FAQ for this newsgroup. Thanks, Alexey Lef alexey@raleigh.ibm.com >I dow...

Maximum number of connection reached
Customer has the following setup: Netware 4.11 server, 6 x Windows XP Pro client, 2 x Windows 98 client. Has worked flawlessly for over a year, till recently the Windows XP machines one after the other stopped logging in and giving the error: "Maximum number of connection reached, wait for another user to logout" At this moment theres still one XP machine that log's on correctly, the other 5 have the problem. Nothing changed, no new users, no new computers, nothing to exceed the installed licenses. It doesnt make a difference if theres noone else logged in...

Maximum number of connection caches
I set the mximum number of connection caches to 20. But, to play it save, I want to set it to a bigger number. Then that would taking more Jaguar source. So please anyone can suggest : what is the maximum number of connection caches allowed in Jaguar setup, with that not affect its performance. Thanks, Jack How long is a piece of string? ;-) General rule is set it high enough that you dont use all your connections and interfere with other apps ( if any ) and set the cache to JAG_CM_FORCE so that you can go above your cache but they will be disconncted when finsihed. ...

Setting the maximum number of connection
How do you set the maximum number of pooled connections from within Java code? I'm not using JNDI or any app servers. I am using Sybase ASE 12.0 whichever version of jconnect that came with it. I've looked everywhere for any answer and I can't seem to find the solution. Help! Thank you, Oliver Hi Oliver, jConnect provides classes to work with a conneciton pool implementation. So your answer to the questions depends on the pool implementation. So just having the jConnect driver does not mean you have connection pooling. You need to implement that yourself or ...

How to specify the maximum number of connections to server ?
I want to specify the maximum number of connections to my server I try to make it with Transport object properties: Transport.Driver = "winsock" Transport.Location = "localhost" Transport.Options = "MaxServerConnections=4" Why it does not work ? Yuri Denshchik wrote: > I want to specify the maximum number of connections to my server > I try to make it with Transport object properties: > > Transport.Driver = "winsock" > Transport.Location = "localhost" > Transport.Options = "MaxServerConnection...

Maximum Number of concurrent connected users
Any advice, guidelines, experience running on NT SSA 5.5 or ASA 6.0. Thanks, jb I've gotten to 1500 when I was checking some things out. But, the connections didn't do anything. It depends on a lot of factors: hardware speed, hardware bandwidth, memory, database size, type of users, type of queries, quality of database design, etc. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dynamic Data Solutions - http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX Jeff Black <jblack@advancedsolutionsinc.com> wrote in article <hI$y9lSJ#GA.320@forums.powersoft.com>... > Any advice, guidelines, expe...

PowerDynamo: Maximum numbers of connections are in use
Hi, i allways get this message from PowerDynamo when I try to open a second connection from an other client: Unable to connect. Maximum numbers of connections are in use I thought it is why I use Adaptive Server Anywhere which is licensed for one seat only. Therefore I converted to MS Access but still get this message ! Thank you for any help ! Andr� This may be a limitation of the web server you are using, particularly if you are using the Personal Web Server shipped with the product. The PWS is intended to be used for developement of your web site on a single ...

Maximum Number of Connections Reached
I get the following message when I run my program using Power++ and Adaptive Server 11.5 I notice when I quit the program I have 40 queries destroyed. I've increase the following using sp_configure to number of remote connections 3103 number of user connections 732 I don't know how to get rid of this error - Can anyone Help Please!!!!!!! SQLExecDirect returned SQL_ERROR State S1000 Native Code 6 [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect(): user api layer: external error: The maximum number of connections have already been opened. ...

PowerDynamo: Maximum numbers of connections are in use
Hi, i allways get this message from PowerDynamo when I try to open a second connection from an other client: Unable to connect. Maximum numbers of connections are in use I thought it is why I use Adaptive Server Anywhere which is licensed for one seat only. Therefore I converted to MS Access but still get this message ! Thank you for any help ! Andr� Hi, I forgot to give you my environment: EAServer 3.5 Build 35036 (Developer Edition) Database: ASA 6.0.3.2887 or MS Access 97 Windows NT 4.0 SP6 Please could anyone give me a hint how to avoid these res...

The maximum number of connections have already been opened.
Hi, Sirs! We are working with open client sybase 12.5.2. We have an application that access database server in many times by second. After a period of time, we have the following error message : The maximum number of connections have already been opened. Anyone knows what is wrong? Is it with open client configuration or sybase server configuration? Thanks in advance. One application opens many database connections ? I don't know if there is a limit on the number of connections that one application can open, but there is surely a limit on the number of connections ...

maximum number of connections have already been opened
Hi there, Our site is set up with IIS4/NT4 running ISAPI accessing via Delphi BDE to ASE databases on Linux. The following error come up frequently. Please help ! Internal Server Error 500 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- Exception: EDBEngineError Message: General SQL error. ct_connect(): user api layer: external error: The maximum number of connections have already been opened. Alias: FOLIOSB KL Tse wrote: > > Hi there, > > Our site is set up with IIS4/NT4 running ISAPI accessing via Delphi BDE to >...

Web resources about - Maximum Number of Connections - sybase.sqlserver.general

The Direct Connection

Is There A Connection Between Patrick Murphy's Over-The-Top Corruption And His Campaign Emails?
The DCCC may be stupid or even very stupid (as well as utterly incompetent) but their e-mail strategy is very well-planned out. Their overarching ...

CNN: Investigators Find ISIS Connection In San Bernardino Shooting
As the San Bernardino attack was happening, the female shooter, Tashfeen Malik posted on Facebook, pledging allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr ...

Connection And Collaboration In the Cloud
Forbes technology editor Bruce Upbin deconstructs the cloud and maps its potential to your life.

Man wanted in connection to Waco biker shooting arrested in Louisiana
A man wanted in the deadly shootout involving rival motorcycle gangs earlier this year in Texas was arrested in northwest Louisiana on Wednesday, ...

Kidney Donor Connection Made After Misplaced Craigslist Ad
Man whose wife died of kidney failure becoming a donor after seeing misplaced Craigslist ad