Difference between 11.0.3.3 + 11.9.2

When we were running as Sybase SQL Server V11.0.3 we would have an
approx. ratio between the number of I/Os done by the CHECKPOINT SLEEP
process and the HOUSEKEEPER process of say 10:1.

e.g..
I/O            CPU  spid   login     Cmd
Status
---------------  ------- ------- ---------
------------------------------------ ------------
6138931         0    6    NULL      CHECKPOINT SLEEP sleeping     master

651783           0    7    NULL      HOUSEKEEPER      sleeping
master

Since upgrading this server to ASE11.9.2 we have now seen the number
of I/O done by the  HOUSEKEEPER process is now 4 times higher than
the I/O done by the CHECKPOINT SLEEP process.

eg.
I/O            CPU  spid   login     Cmd
Status
---------------  ------- ------- ---------
------------------------------------ ------------
2457712         0    6    NULL      HOUSEKEEPER       sleeping
master
651783           0    7    NULL      CHECKPOINT SLEEP sleeping
master

Is this to be expected? Is the HOUSEKEEPER that much busier in V11.9.2?

Allan Grimshaw
agrimshaw@ugg.com

0
Allan
5/11/2000 9:19:09 PM
sybase.sqlserver.general 4269 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Alan,
    I would not say busier, it can go further from washmarker ( configurable
) than in 11.0.3 when there are no IOs.
Regards,
Peter

Allan Grimshaw wrote:

> When we were running as Sybase SQL Server V11.0.3 we would have an
> approx. ratio between the number of I/Os done by the CHECKPOINT SLEEP
> process and the HOUSEKEEPER process of say 10:1.
>
> e.g..
> I/O            CPU  spid   login     Cmd
> Status
> ---------------  ------- ------- ---------
> ------------------------------------ ------------
> 6138931         0    6    NULL      CHECKPOINT SLEEP sleeping     master
>
> 651783           0    7    NULL      HOUSEKEEPER      sleeping
> master
>
> Since upgrading this server to ASE11.9.2 we have now seen the number
> of I/O done by the  HOUSEKEEPER process is now 4 times higher than
> the I/O done by the CHECKPOINT SLEEP process.
>
> eg.
> I/O            CPU  spid   login     Cmd
> Status
> ---------------  ------- ------- ---------
> ------------------------------------ ------------
> 2457712         0    6    NULL      HOUSEKEEPER       sleeping
> master
> 651783           0    7    NULL      CHECKPOINT SLEEP sleeping
> master
>
> Is this to be expected? Is the HOUSEKEEPER that much busier in V11.9.2?
>
> Allan Grimshaw
> agrimshaw@ugg.com

0
Peter

Error after upgrade from 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2.3
We have upgraded our production Sybase servers to 11.9.2 from 11.0.3.3 last weekend and we applied ebf9160 All went well except for an error in the errorlog as follows NT operating system error 2 in module 'e:\rel1192\porttree\svr\sql\generic\ksource\strmio\n_winsock.c' at line 3481: The system cannot find the file specified. kernel nl__connect: Could not connect to site 'VUA_S2002_XP', socket 1. This error did not occur when we tested the upgrade on our test servers. There appears to be no problems with the overall install, everything works fine - except for t...

11.0.3.2 vs 11.0.3.3
Dear All, I understand that SQL server 11.0.3.2 is Y2K compliance. However, I have been suggested to upgrade to 11.0.3.3 for much safety (in Y2K). Is it true? What is the main difference between these 2 versions? Best Regards, Colin Colin wrote: > > Dear All, > > I understand that SQL server 11.0.3.2 is Y2K compliance. However, I > have been suggested to upgrade to 11.0.3.3 for much safety (in Y2K). Is > it true? What is the main difference between these 2 versions? > Just a number of bugfixes. I don't believe any of them are Y2K rel...

Upgrade from 11.0.3.3 SQL Server to 11.9.2 with RepServer 11.5
I am preparing to upgrade our production servers (11.0.3.3) using RepServer 11.5 with LTMs. My understanding is that the ASE 11.9.2 has RepAgents build in as Open Server applications. Are there any issues with upgrading that I need to be aware of? Where would I look? I would assume that I don't need to run LTMs anymore, but I need to ensure no loss of replication to the warm standby. Any advice? Take care. JCS ...

Upgrade 11.0.3.3 to ASE 11.9.2 with RepServer 11.5 and LTMs
I am preparing to upgrade our production servers (11.0.3.3) using RepServer 11.5 with LTMs. My understanding is that the ASE 11.9.2 has RepAgents build in as Open Server applications. Are there any issues with upgrading that I need to be aware of? Where would I look? I would assume that I don't need to run LTMs anymore, but I need to ensure no loss of replication to the warm standby. Any advice? Take care. JCS ASE 11.5+ has RepAgent built in as internal server threads (which has nothing to do with OpenServer). When upgrading, keep the LTM's and upgrade to RS 11.5 / ...

Warmstandby between 11.0.3.3 and 11.9.2
Is any one tried creating standby connection between ASE 11.0.3.3 and ASE 11.9.2? Yes. It works but you have to use an ltm if your primary is 11.0.3.3. garcia banu wrote: > Is any one tried creating standby connection between ASE 11.0.3.3 and ASE > 11.9.2? ...

Replication Server 11.5
Simply, can I replicate from 11.9.3 to 11.0.3.3 using Replication Server 11.5, warm standby solution with replication definitions? We are in the process of upgrading our production systems to 11.9.3 from 11.0.3.3. Our current scenerio looks like this: Server A : 11.0.3.3 Production ASE/11.5 RepServer Server B: 11.0.3.3 ASE Server C: 11.0.3.3 ASE 1. Currently replicating Server A --> Server C 2. Upgrade Server B to 11.9.3. 3. Replicate Server A --> Server B ** This is where my question fits in--if a "switch" is needed, can 11.9.3 --> 11.0.3.3? 4. Sto...

significant difference between 11.9.2 and 11.9.2.3
Hi, we have two database servers. one with Adaptive Server 11.9.2, the other with Adaptive Server 11.9.2.3. On both are exactly the same databases. In one table there is a char(1) column bound to a user datatype including a rule, which allows only a "Y" or a "N". The column is allowed to have NULL values If I try to insert a row under 11.9.2 nothing happens, I can insert a NULL value in this column. Under 11.9.2.3 I get the error 522 "A column insert or update conflicts with a rule bound to the column ..... " I cannot explain that for myself...

upgrade from 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2 on NT
We have currently upgraded several servers on HP/SUN platforms successfully from 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2. In 12 sybase splits open client and ASE to have their own variables. We did this with our upgrade to 11.9.2, but opposite the way sybase handles this in version 12. We have set our SYBASE variable to the path of open client (/appl/sybase/oc/1111) and SYB_SRV to the path of ASE(/appl/sybase/ase/1192). We need to upgrade our servers on NT but the change to our variables has caused a snag. We would like to be consistant across all platforms. Any suggestions would be greatly appreci...

Why 11.0.3.3 is much faster than 11.9.2
OS: RedHat 6.0 with kernel 2.2.5-smp Hardware: IBM Netfinity 7000 M10 with 2 Xenon Processors and 256M memory SCSI sub system: 4 IBM 9.1G scsi disk on a 7895 scsi card On Sybase 11.0.3.3 1>t001 1760 2>go -- ----------- ------- ----- 13 seconds for 4224000 bytes After my update, on Sybase 11.9.2 1>t001 1760 2>go --- ----------- ------- ----- 454 seconds for 4224000 bytes Why 11.0.3.3 is much faster than 11.9.2? ( Two Sbyase has same config, max engine = 2, total memory = 65536, all of other are default) Xuzheng 2...

Upgrading from 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2 on Linux
Hi, I've downloaded the 11.9.2 Linux versino of Sybase and want to upgrade an existing installation from 11.0.3.3 to this more up to date version. The documentation refers to an executable on the cd called sybsetup, however, I've downloaded the rpm files off the web and don't have a sybsetup executable. When I try to install the rpm for 11.9.2 it tells me that there is already an earlier version of Sybase installed. Can anyone tell me how to get around this! >rpm -ivh sybase-ase-11.9.2-3.i386.rpm error: failed dependencies: sybase-ase < 11.9.2 conflicts ...

11.0.3.3 vs 11.9.2
I tried to find on the SYBASE website major differences as far as functionalities/improvements between those 2 versions but I couldn't..could anyone give me some pointers? Thanks Paul wrote: > > I tried to find on the SYBASE website major differences as far as > functionalities/improvements between those 2 versions but I couldn't..could > anyone give me some pointers? You should look at http://sybooks.sybase.com and check out the section on ASE 11.5.1 and 11.9.2 new features. There are too many to go into at one time but that is a good place to start. ...

11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2 upgrade on NT
We have currently upgraded several servers on HP/SUN platforms successfully from 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2. In 12 sybase splits open client and ASE to have their own variables. We did this with our upgrade to 11.9.2, but opposite the way sybase handles this in version 12. We have set our SYBASE variable to the path of open client (/appl/sybase/oc/1111) and SYB_SRV to the path of ASE(/appl/sybase/ase/1192). We need to upgrade our servers on NT but the change to our variables has caused a snag. We would like to be consistant across all platforms. Any suggestions would be greatly appreci...

Upgrade 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2.1
Hello ASE guru, We just did a ASE upgrade to 11.9.2.1 from 11.0.3.3 and noticed that the sybsystemprocs database was extended by 2 MB on master device. (before upgrade size was 120 MB and after upgrade the size is 122MB) Is this a normal behavior of upgrade? any harm in leaving 2 MB on master device? Will upgrade fail if there is no room for this 2 MB on master device? Thanks for your help. kp wrote: > We just did a ASE upgrade to 11.9.2.1 from 11.0.3.3 and noticed that the You'd want to get the latest EBF and get it up to 11.9.2.3. > sybsystemprocs da...

upgrade ASE from 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2 on AIX
Hi, We are planning to upgrade our SQL Server 11.0.3.3 servers to ASE 11.9.2. We have 6 production servers on one UNIX box and (almost) corresponding test servers on another UNIX box. We have little new development, so we should have enough time to test things out first on the TEST platform. I am trying to decide between upgrading the servers in place or doing new installs and migrating the data over to the new servers. The upgrades in place would be a lot easier on me and the UNIX support people, but I am not sure how much more difficult fallback would be. If we needed to fall...

Web resources about - Difference between 11.0.3.3 + 11.9.2 - sybase.sqlserver.general

World powers adopt UN Syria resolution to end civil war, but differences on Assad's future as leader ...
The UN Security Council unanimously adopts a resolution endorsing a peace process to end the Syrian war.

Debate showed differences between parties
Much of the commentary and analysis from Saturday night’s Democratic debate in New Hampshire will undoubtedly focus on the questions of national ...

Reruns on cable are not the same as the originals — check out these differences
Cable channels speed up and modify the reruns they air. The increased speed can result in two more minutes of advertising per show. Produced ...

Listing Consumption Differences
... wines at affordable prices. These wines almost never rise to the quality of Chateau Petrus, d’yquem, or the best Montrachets, but the differences ...

The Hateful Eight Ending Differences from Script Revealed - Collider
Brian Formo attended a live read of 'The Hateful Eight' in 2014 and he reveals all the ending changes from Quentin Tarantino's script to the ...

Sanders Is ‘Working Out Differences’ With DNC, Hillary In Order To ‘Defeat Right-Wing Extremism’
Sanders Is ‘Working Out Differences’ With DNC, Hillary In Order To ‘Defeat Right-Wing Extremism’

Does Paris deal fall short? Yes. But no difference between the parties on climate change? Come on
Bill McKibben—one the most important environmental activists of our time— says the recent Paris climate agreement “falls short.” Paul Krugman, ...