Connecting to Access from Powerbuilder via ODBC

I am unable to connect to my Access 97 database from Powerbuilder 6.5
build 444.  The error I'm getting is:

SQLSTATE = S1003
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger] Program type out of range

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Vincent Vu
vuv@gte.net

0
Vincent
10/5/1999 12:10:01 AM
sybase.sqlserver.general 4269 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I have the same problem to connect MS Access 2000 by using PowerBuilder
6.5. Do you have any solution to help me?
if you have any solution please send e-mail to me.
Thanks,

E-mail: thomas_chow@wkk.com.hk
0
Thomas

Connect to Access with Powerbuilder via ODBC
I'm unable to connect to my Access 97 database using Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444. The error I'm getting is: SQLSTATE: S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger]Program type out of range. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Vincent vuv@gte.net ...

odbc connection via access
Has anyone ever experienced the following. When using MS Access with read only priv. via an ODBC connection to ASA having duplicate rows of a table displayed? Upon investigating it's just that, the duplicates are only being displayed (hundreds of times) the actual db is fine. Any suggestions. It's version 5.5.04. If you have written a query with multiple tables you may have left off the necessary syntax to join the tables in a logical way. If you leave off the join syntax you'll get a Cartesian join which joins every row with every other row from each table. ...

MS SqlServer-connection via ODBC
Hi there When retrieving data with some arguments I get a crash accompanied with SqlState 22005. Datasource is a stored procedure implemented in a datawindow. This appears only in the application, same retrieve from PB databasepainter goes successfully. When debugging the code, I can see that my variable-arguments are nice and neat just before the retrieve-statement. In the sqlpreview-event , where the crash appears, my arguments are changed to quotation-marks and this is of course the reason for the crash. But why are they changed? In the appl. I changed variable-arguments to cons...

MS SqlServer connected via ODBC
Hello out there, Anyone experienced whit that connection? If so, I'm interested to get an advice from you. The problem is that I can't get my dw-retrieval's with args work from appl. They work fine without args as well as RPC-calls with and without args. DW-retrieval's from DB-painter work also fine with and without args. In appl. I tried to change vars to constants with no success. Here's the message:[Microsoft][ODBC Sql Server Driver]Invalid character value for cast specifikation. There's a company decision to change from DB-Library to ODBC due to obsolete f...

How PowerBuilder to connect to Microsoft Excel via ODBC?
Hi all I'm a newbie for PowerBuilder. I have some question. How PowerBuilder to connect to Microsoft Excel via ODBC? How can I use sql command (select, insert, etc) to Excel sheet? TIA >I'm a newbie for PowerBuilder. I have some question. >How PowerBuilder to connect to Microsoft Excel via ODBC? >How can I use sql command (select, insert, etc) to Excel sheet? >TIA It's been a while, but you need to install the odbc excel driver and then configure a datasource just like any other odbc datasource. You might check the faxback documents on the sybase web s...

ORACLE procedures, PowerBuilder and connection via ODBC
Hi! My problem is: I have a procedure on ORACLE database: create procedure (as_name IN VARCHAR2, al_id IN OUT INTEGER); begin .... end; and I am connecting to ORACLE via ODBC. How can I execute such a procedure from Powerbuilder. I have tried to do this in all possible manners described in the documentation (RPCFUN, Declare, PBDBMS), but I have failed. There is always an error from database. I have succeded to execute this procedure when I was connecting via Native Driver, but I cannot use Nat...

Powerbuilder connection to MS Access using ODBC on XP
My Powerbuilder app currently connects correctly to an MS Access db to import data using ODBC on an NT platform. We are upgrading to XP and the connection fails. I get this error message : "DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation" I think that it may need a .dll for XP in order to connect. Any help would be great. Thanks ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp It sounds like your ODBC drivers aren't registered with XP. Try doing the PB runtime installation again and make sure you setup th...

Connecting PowerBuilder 7.0 to Oracle 8i via ODBC
Hi all, I am connecting a PowerBuilder 7.0 application to an Oracle 8i database via ODBC (driver version 8.01.61.00) in a client server system. The Oracle ODBC driver does retrieve the table information but not the columns. I get the message "Table 'xxxx' has no columns, possible invalid table format". If I use the native connection or the Microsoft ODBC driver instead, it seems to fix the problem. Using the Microsoft driver is not an option because of it not supporting BLOBs. Thanks in advance, Didier Latkowski ...

Powerbuilder connecting to Lotus Notes via the Notes ODBC Provider
Hi, I am a Developer on the Lotus NotesSQL team. NotesSQL is a 2.x ODBC driver for Lotus Notes. Recently, a customer reported a problem between Powerbuilder connecting to a Notes database via the Notes ODBC drivers (named NotesSQL, available at http://www.lotus.com/notessql). I had gotten an eval of Powerbuilder 7.0 (Version 7.0 Build 5031) from your website and tested the connection and saw the issue. The issue reported was that making a connection between Powerbuilder and the NotesSQL driver and putting the Username and Password in their respective fields in the database...

how can powerbuilder get access system talbes via odbc?
Dear all: I have connected access via odbc , i want to get all the table name ,i think it perhaps should via access system tables, Is it ok? Thanks David I carry out this operation with Adaptive Server Anywhere. I do not know access, but I think that one can make the same thing. "david" <info@foreinfo.com> a �crit dans le message news: Oh6nrh#JDHA.220@forums-1-dub... > Dear all: > > I have connected access via odbc , i want to get all the table name ,i > think it perhaps should via access system tables, Is it ok? > > Thanks ...

PB6.5 Connecting via ODBC to MS Access DB
I tried to connect to Access DB(created using access 2000 XP professional ) via ODBC in PB6.5. It connects successfully without any error messages but when i try to select table from the DB. PB6.5 prompt me the below error: SQLSTATE = S10003 [Micsoft ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of range My ODBC driver is ver 4.0 and OS is Win 2000 and Win98 How can i solve this problems??? You need to install PB651 and then of the last EBFs. PB6.5 doesn't know what to do with ODBC4. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post....

Connection to Access query works in developer envir, but not on the web <OleDbException (0x80004005): ODBC--connection to 'ODBC' failed>
I am VERY frustrated with a seemingly simple problem.  I am creating a gridview in VWD (express or studio), then connecting to a query within an Access Database.  The results of the query display without problem in the developer envirornment, but simply will not display when copied out to the website.  The ODBC connection that the Access Database is using fails even on the local machine.  I have spent fruitless hours looking at all security settings in IIS and the effected folders.  I could re-write all the access queries in SQL and connect to the server direct...

ODBC 3.0...can't connect anymore via Powerbuilder
I applied the Powerbuilder 5.0.03 maintenance release and agreed to the install option of upgrading ODBC to 3.0... Now I can't connect to my SQLAnywhere datasources from Powerbuilder. I CAN connect to them from SQLCentral. When I try to connect from the database painter 1) the db engine fires up 2) I log in, and this seems to go fine 3) I get the message: "An error occurred, yet no message was returned by the database driver." And then the connection fails. I thought it was that PB didn't fully upgrade ODBC or something, so I installed NT Service Pack 3 ...

Powerbuilder 8: cant get primary key information from ms-access via ODBC
Hi, using Powerbuilder 6.5 it is possible to get the primary key information of tables create in MS Access via the odbc driver (also the odbc doesnt support this function). We just changed to Powerbuilder 8 and these functionality is gone. It is no longer possible to get the primary key information, I can only see an index called 'primarykey'. What has changed between 6.5 and 8? Is there any chance to get the primary key information with Powerbuilder 8 like 6.5 did? TH ...

Web resources about - Connecting to Access from Powerbuilder via ODBC - sybase.sqlserver.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles