BCP of 4.9.2 SQL Server to 11.0.2 SQL Server

We have a client wishing to bcp data out of a 4.9.2 SQL Server database and
bcp the data into an 11.0.2 SQL Server database.   Just knowing of the
problems that have arisen lately with regards to the System 11 bcp utility
and the fact  that 4.9.2 is such an old release, is the above task possible?
If not, what is my alternative?

Regards,

--
Robert C. Marx
SQL Financials International

0
Rob
4/16/1998 2:04:09 PM
sybase.sqlserver.general 4269 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Rob Marx wrote:

> We have a client wishing to bcp data out of a 4.9.2 SQL Server database and
> bcp the data into an 11.0.2 SQL Server database.   Just knowing of the
> problems that have arisen lately with regards to the System 11 bcp utility
> and the fact  that 4.9.2 is such an old release, is the above task possible?
> If not, what is my alternative?

Yes, this is quite possible.  I advise using bcp version 10.x.
check with "./bcp -v"

Note that the bcp 11.1.1 version that has problems is not distributed
with the 11.0.2 SQL Server, bcp 10.0.4 is.  (bcp version numbers follow
the current Open Client versions, not the SQL Server versions).

bcp 11.1.1 is/was distributed with ASE 11.5 and Open Client 11.1.x

--
Bret Halford			Imagine my disappointment
Sybase Technical Support	in learning the true nature

Unable to use SQL Server because ASP.NET version 2.0 Session State is not installed on the SQL server. Please install ASP.NET Session State SQL Server version 2.0 or above.
Can anybody point me in the direction of how to resolve this error, Unable to use SQL Server because ASP.NET version 2.0 Session State is not installed on the SQL server. Please install ASP.NET Session State SQL Server version 2.0 or above. I am running Visusl Studio 2005, SQL Server 2005 Standard, running on WIndows XP Pro. I am trying to use SQL for session state management. I originally ran the following code from the command line prompt, aspnet_regsql.exe -E -ssadd -sstype p This created an ASPState database. I then manually added my default ASP.NET login as a user. In my web.confi...

Migrating PowerBuilder Apps from SQL Server 4.9.2 to 11.0
Hi, Does anybody have hands-on exprience on migrating PB apps from Sybase SQL Server 4.9.2 to 11.0. Is it possible to just run the app without changing the code ? Is there any tool for doing that ? It's a huge application (for a bank) and I don't want to go through thousand lines of code. Thanks in advance, Mixalis Miliarakis. DB engineer. ...

Migrating PowerBuilder Apps from SQL Server 4.9.2 to 11.0
Hi, Does anybody have hands-on exprience on migrating PB apps from Sybase SQL Server 4.9.2 to 11.0. Is it possible to just run the app without changing the code ? Is there any tool for doing that ? It's a huge application (for a bank) and I don't want to go through thousand lines of code. Thanks in advance, Mixalis Miliarakis. DB engineer. ...

vs2003 and vs2005 website in same SqlServer database. Unable to use SQL Server because ASP.NET version 2.0 Session State is not installed on the SQL server.
I'm getting the followng error "Unable to use SQL Server because ASP.NET version 2.0 Session State is not installed on the SQL server. Please install ASP.NET Session State SQL Server version 2.0 or above.".  Here's my issue it works fine with my VS2003 website, the error is ocurring with another different VS2005 website that I'm trying to convert from mode="StateServer" to mode="SQLServer" using the same database.   How you do fix the error?  And if I do will my vs2003 and vs2005 be able occupy the same database?  ...

Upgrade from 11.0.3.3 SQL Server to 11.9.2 with RepServer 11.5
I am preparing to upgrade our production servers (11.0.3.3) using RepServer 11.5 with LTMs. My understanding is that the ASE 11.9.2 has RepAgents build in as Open Server applications. Are there any issues with upgrading that I need to be aware of? Where would I look? I would assume that I don't need to run LTMs anymore, but I need to ensure no loss of replication to the warm standby. Any advice? Take care. JCS ...

Replication between SQL Server 11.0.2 and SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3
Does anyone know if exists some document with the details on Replication between Sybase SQL Server 11.0.2 and SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 using Replication Server 11.0.3. I�m having some troubles with this configuration and I�m wondering if I�m doing something wrong. Thanks in advance. ...

ASA /SQL Sudio 9.0.2 on Server but Ultralite 8.0.2 on Pocket PC
Currently do not have the resources to try this out hence am posting it onto the mobilink newsgroup Can one use a lower version on the Client Side (Ultralite Pocket PC) but a higher version on the Server Side (ASA 9.0.3). Logic would say it should be backward compatible ? Yes. So, how do you like 9.0.3? Breck > Currently do not have the resources to try this out hence > am posting it onto the mobilink newsgroup > > Can one use a lower version on the Client Side (Ultralite > Pocket PC) but a higher version on the Server Side (ASA > 9.0.3). > >...

PB with ODBC during migration SQL*Server 11.0.3 -> 11.9.2
An application is using ODBC v 3.01.00.00 (sybase inc.) to communicate with SQL*server v11.0.3.3. Everything is working properly. We are testing this same application and the same version of ODBC with ASE v11.9.2. Then, the application is not working correctly. In fact, ASE is not able to interpret, understand input and output parameters correctly. Apparently, ASE does no longer understand "rdTypeNumeric" datatype parameters, and it associates them to a "rdTypeBinary" datatype parameters. Error 40043 is generated. Thanks a lot for your help LM...

PB with ODBC during migration SQL*Server 11.0.3 -> 11.9.2
An application is using ODBC v 3.01.00.00 (sybase inc.) to communicate with SQL*server v11.0.3.3. Everything is working properly. We are testing this same application and the same version of ODBC with ASE v11.9.2. Then, the application is not working correctly. In fact, ASE is not able to interpret, understand input and output parameters correctly. Apparently, ASE does no longer understand "rdTypeNumeric" datatype parameters, and it associates them to a "rdTypeBinary" datatype parameters. Error 40043 is generated. Thanks a lot for your help LM ...

Transact-SQL Keywords for SQL Server 11.0.3.2
Is PASSWD a keyword on Y2K compliant version of SQL Server 11.0.3.2? And where would one find documents on it!! Thanks Shahin Sakopanah Shahin Sakopanah wrote: > > Is PASSWD a keyword on Y2K compliant version of SQL Server 11.0.3.2? And > where would one find documents on it!! > Hi Shahin, Well, good question. In general, the keywords for ASE 11.0.x are documented in Chapter 3 of the ASE 11.0.x Reference Supplement. PASSWD is not listed there. PASSWD was officially added as a TSQL-keyword in ASE 11.5 and was documented as such in Appendix B of the...

How to upload a csv from any pc to sql-server? C# SQL-Server asp.net 2.0
Guys    I am in the process of writing a program to upload .csv file to sql-server table, how to do this efficiently? Thanks.    DostMy website  Which version of SQL Server are you using?If development/standard or better, then use SSIS.Where exactly is the CSV located with respect to the server hosting SQL Server? Is it on a PC on the same domain as that server? Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been help...

Dumps compatability between 11.0.3 and 11.0.2.x of SQL Server
Dear all, Is there any compatibilty problem with the dumps on Sco Openserver for SQL Server 11.0.3 and 11.0.2 I wish to load a dump from 11.0.3 to 11.0.2.x . I cannot install 11.0.3.2 now due to some reasons. Will dbcc fixvers allow me to load a 11.0.3 dump to 11.0.2.x Any information is welcome. Thanks in advance. Manojit Paul This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------31015174C369A52017E56DF4 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit SPG-TECH-CALCUTTA wrote: > > Dear a...

Unable to use SQL Server because ASP.NET version 2.0 Session State is not installed on the SQL server.
I'm a total noob to .Net, as will become quite apparent... I am getting the error, Unable to use SQL Server because ASP.NET version 2.0 Session State is not installed on the SQL server. Please install ASP.NET Session State SQL Server version 2.0 or above. Okay, that seems simple enough.  Session State SQL Server version 2.0 needs to be installed.  But from where?  I'm using a remote SQL Server 2005 database (not Express).  What I don't understand is, there are many, many other databases running on that server that are all using session state for other web ...

Web resources about - BCP of 4.9.2 SQL Server to 11.0.2 SQL Server - sybase.sqlserver.general

Server farm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A server farm or server cluster is a collection of computer servers usually maintained by an enterprise to accomplish server needs far beyond ...

Intel’s 2nd-gen Compute Stick is a faster, better iTunes media server
One year after introducing the original Compute Stick, a version of which was featured in our guide to building a $150 iTunes media server , ...

Facebook's LiveRail Exits the Ad Server Business
Facebook's publisher-facing ad-tech arm LiveRail is shutting down the ad server business that you might not have known it operated. Known best ...

Cock.li server seized again by German prosecutor, service moves to Iceland
(video link) The administrator of the cock.li e-mail hosting service told Ars on Friday that a second hard drive had been seized from his Bavarian ...

Trump likens Cruz's citizenship to questions about Clinton's email server
Presidential candidate Donald Trump ratcheted up his attacks on Ted Cruz, attacking him on everything from his citizenship to connections to ...

Cyber Expert: Hillary’s Server Was A Huge Security Risk
Cyber Expert: Hillary’s Server Was A Huge Security Risk

Netflix To Crack Down On Proxy Servers As Share Price Continues To Be Volatile
Netflix is cracking down on people using proxy servers to access the SVOD giant’s library. The use of VPNs (virtual private networks) was commonplace ...

Grand Theft Auto Online servers still down on PlayStation 4
PlayStation 4 servers for Grand Theft Auto Online has been offline for several hours. Rockstar's status page acknowledges on the official site ...

OpenSSH Flaw Exposes Linux Servers to Roaming Risk
The open-source remote access project issues an update to patch a flaw that could enable an attacker to get access to sensitive data.

Qualcomm Partners With Chinese Government To Push Server Chips
Qualcomm tries to take on Intel in the data center market by striking a deal with the Chinese government.