Upgrade from ASE 11.5.1 to 11.9.2 on NT

Are there any pitfalls, quirks or bugs in the upgrade process from
ASE 11.5.1 to 11.9.2 on NT besides the ones listed in the Release
bulletins & sybase doc books? The application that I am currently
supporting is not certified for ASE 12.0 & won't be for a while.
They just certified their app to run on 11.9.2 November 2000.

Any help would be appreciated.
0
Brenda
2/15/2001 9:55:43 PM
sybase.sqlserver.configuration 393 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Brenda Smith wrote:

> Are there any pitfalls, quirks or bugs in the upgrade process from
> ASE 11.5.1 to 11.9.2 on NT besides the ones listed in the Release
> bulletins & sybase doc books? The application that I am currently
> supporting is not certified for ASE 12.0 & won't be for a while.
> They just certified their app to run on 11.9.2 November 2000.

	I'm not familiar enough with NT to say, but the obvious way
	to find out would be to set up a test system with a copy of
	your current version and database(s) and upgrade it and test.
	If it works, you have a reasonable assurance that it would work
	in production. But the usual caveats apply - make backups,
	plan for failure, be prepared, entertain some paranoia etc.

-am
0
Anthony

Upgrade of ASE from 11.5.1 to 11.9.2
We have replication running against 50 SQL Anywhere v 5.4 sites. It has been running for approx 1 1/2 years. We are upgrading our ASE (the consolidated db) from 11.5.1 to 11.9.2. Has anyone experienced any problems when upgrading the consolidated db with ongoing replication? Shouldn't be an issue. We created some tech docs on Upgrading ASE's that are involved with SQL Remote. I highly suggest you look for those to follow. You don't want to make any mistakes. Let us know if you can't find one that seems appropriate. -- David Fishburn Sybase - iAnywhere Sol...

Upgrading ASE for NT 11.5 to 11.5.1 and OpenClient upgrades
Hello, First, how do I get the upgrade kit to upgrade ASE for NT from 11.5 to 11.5.1? Second, does the above upgrade kit also upgrade the OpenClient libraries? I found the "EBF" files on the Sybase web site. Specifically, EBF7786.zip, which has lots of fixes for OpenClient & OpenServer 11.1.1. And EBF8015.zip, which has fixes for ASE 11.5.0. I tried applying EBF8015.zip, but when I tried to starting the server, I got the following error: The procedure entry point uniconv_unistreamToS could not be located in the dynamic link library libunic.dll. Fortunatel...

Dump from NT ASE 11.5 to NT ASE 11.5.1
I am having trouble dumping a 11.5 ASE database to a 11.5.1 backupserver. I have the remote backupserver listed in the 11.5 remote servers list. It works going from the 11.5.1 machine to the 11.5 machine. Is there a compatibility issue? Thank you for your time. Dax daj@abmdata.com What do you mean by 'having trouble'? Are you getting error messages? If so, what error messages? Any error messages in the backupserver errorlog? Is the dump command hanging? not completing? What is the actual dump command that you're using? Does the target tape/director...

rep solaris ase 11.5.1 to nt ase 11.5/11.51
Help! I need to replicate 11.5.1 ase on Solaris 2.6 to ase 11.5 or 11.5.1 on nt on intel. Could you answer the following: 1) To move the initial data I would like to load the dump data from the Solaris server to Windows nt server. Can this be done? 2) Do my device definitions on the Nt side need to duplicate those on the Solaris side. 3) The repserver is on Solaris as well. I only have 11.5 on nt can get ase 11.5.1 on nt. Is this an issue. Do I need repserver on nt? Any known traps? george wrote: > Help! > > I need to replicate 11.5.1 ase on Solaris 2.6 to ase...

Server instability, phantom processes following ASE 11.5.1 -> 11.9.2 upgrade.
I recently upgraded one of our servers from 11.5.1 to 11.9.2. Since the upgrade we've seen the server crash almost daily. We've seen locking issues in which the blocking process either is phantom ( does not exist ) or refuses to die. The only solution has been to cycle the dataserver. Has anyone experienced similar problems with an upgrade, or do you know if 11.9.2 is more susceptable to locking issues? I should add the at the time of upgrade, we also mirrored all data and log devices. I can't figure as to how this would cause such instability, but I'm nonet...

RFI
Hi, Is it worth going to 11.5.1 considering 11.9.2 is out? I'm looking for information about upgrading 11.0.3 to 11.5.1 or 11.9.2 on HP-UX. Looking for advice, tips & tricks, pitfalls, etc I'm also interested in other peoples exeriances with 11.5.1 and 11.9.2 with regaurds to performance, stability, bugs & problems. thanks in advance Andrew. -- The views expressed are those of the author, not necessarily of Innovus Limited. Andrew, When I took the "Powering-up for ASE 11.5" class from Syba...

Upgrade 11.0.3.3 to ASE 11.9.2 with RepServer 11.5 and LTMs
I am preparing to upgrade our production servers (11.0.3.3) using RepServer 11.5 with LTMs. My understanding is that the ASE 11.9.2 has RepAgents build in as Open Server applications. Are there any issues with upgrading that I need to be aware of? Where would I look? I would assume that I don't need to run LTMs anymore, but I need to ensure no loss of replication to the warm standby. Any advice? Take care. JCS ASE 11.5+ has RepAgent built in as internal server threads (which has nothing to do with OpenServer). When upgrading, keep the LTM's and upgrade to RS 11.5 / ...

Upgrading from 11.5.1 to 11.9.2
Hi We run Solaris 2.6 and Sybase 11.5.1 We have decided to upgrade to 11.9.2. When we went through the documentation, we found out that our sybsystemprocs database is smaller than the required for an upgrade.Also the existing sysprocsdev is full.So we decided to disk init a new sysprocs2 device and alter the database on that so that it of the required size for the upgrade. So that the sybsystemprocs would now sit on 2 devices. However the upgrade manual from sybase recommends a diffirent path to follow. It instructs to drop the sybsystemprocs database,drop the device,create a ...

SQLRemote Problem with 7.0.2-1 and 6.0.2-1 on Linux [ASE 11.9.2-3 and ASE 12.5 eval]
Hi all I got the following problems using sql-remote. on ASE 12.5 eval: I got the following RPMs installed on RedHat Linux 7.2 - Kernel 2.4.17 - glibc-2.2.4 sybase-ase-12.5-3.i386.rpm sybase-common-12.5-3.i386.rpm sybase-openclient-12.5-3.i386.rpm sybase-sqlremote-7.0.2-1.i386.rpm After the execution of ssxtract or ssremote I got an error like: ../ssxtract: /opt/sybase-12.5/SQLRemote/lib/libsstasks7_r.so: version `libdbtasks7_r.so' not found (required by ./ssxtract) The file libsstasks7_r.so exists and the path is correctly specified in /etc/ld.so.conf. There'...

Upgrading ASE 11.5(repsrv 11.5.1) to 11.92 on solaris
Hi Sybase Rep Guru's, I want to upgrade my Sybase ASE from 11.5on Sub Solaris 2.6/2.7 to 11.9.2 for bettar performace and stablitiy. We are Replicating our database to a reporting server. When I upgrade My ASE to 11.9.2 will there be any problems with the rep server being 11.5.1 are there any known problems or incompatibilities. Please Help Me Thanks in Advance Balaji ...

Problems to receive image from ASE 11.9.2 with CTBCP 11.1.1 EBF 8060 on NT
I use bulk copy functions. I manage to insert image in my database but can't receive datas. There's an error when I use "blk_done" Is somebody knows where the problems may come from ? Thanks -- Sebastien Pacreau mailto:pacreau@integra.fr Integra http://www.integra.fr 29, rue du Colonel AVIA 75015 PARIS ...

Problems in upgrading ASE 11.5 to 11.9.2
Currently, we use ASE 11.5 and then install 11.9.2 to upgrade the server. After installing all components of ASE, I can't open the databases in Sybase Central, it prompts : "Changed database context to 'master'. Invalid system table given for status update, this is an internal error" And then we tried to upgrade the server by selecting the option of server configure. In the upgrade progress, it asks whether to back up the database or not, we select Ok to continue. After a moment, it prompts: "Server "OPR" fail preupgrade eligibility tes. See ...

ASE Certification 11.9.2 and 11.5.1
Hi I need to know, if 11.9.2 and 11.5.1 run over dg-ux R.4.20MU05 Thanks in advance PID Hi Pablo, looks like both 11.5 and 11.9.x are certified. Note "later MUOx OS levels are covered": DGUX R4.20MU01 11.5.x certified The patches needed are dgux.aco_R4.20MU01.p03, dgux_R4.20MU01.p72, ...

Upgrade of ASE 11.5.1 to 11.5.1.1 (aka EBF 8213)
Hi, Last week we upgraded our production environment to 11.5.1.1 after recommendation from Sybase Customer Services. Unfortunaltely, due to a rather serious bug (possibly bugID 165680) in the new software, we had to downgrade after a few hours of use due to numerous communication errors received by client applications. Symptoms of this included: 1) Cancelling a query from ISQL After cancelling, no results were returned from the next command on the same session. Subsequent commands were followed by result sets from the _previous_ command. 2) General SQL error. ...

Web resources about - Upgrade from ASE 11.5.1 to 11.9.2 on NT - sybase.sqlserver.configuration

H-1 upgrade program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The H-1 upgrade program refers to the United States Marine Corps 's program to develop the AH-1Z Viper and UH-1Y Venom to replace its aging fleets ...

Tumblr Referrals From Facebook Up 2.5X Following Upgrade For Timeline
Since upgrading for timeline and launching with open graph in April, Tumblr has seen its referral traffic from Facebook rise by more than 2.5 ...

Facebook Platform Upgrade Guide
Upgrade instructions for Facebook's platform across versions.

Facebook Allows Users to Upgrade to the New Messages Product, Why You Should
Some users are seeing a prompt when they visit their Facebook Messages inbox allowing them to upgrade to the New Messages product launched in ...

Search Twitter - upgrade
... here Search Refresh julia @ d0gbones 3m I laughed at the call handler when he told me it'd be £400 to stay on my current price plan and upgrade ...

Todo 6 (for devices that cannot upgrade to version 7) on the App Store on iTunes
Get Todo 6 (for devices that cannot upgrade to version 7) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Desktop Audio Upgrade - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I needed some new speakers for my desktop computer system at home. I've been tolerating JBL creature 2.1 system for a couple of years now and ...

EU Project INDECT, Orwell gets an upgrade - YouTube
EU Project INDECT, Orwell gets an upgrade - YouTube