Upgrade 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2.1

Hello ASE guru,

We just did a ASE upgrade to 11.9.2.1 from 11.0.3.3 and noticed that the
sybsystemprocs database was extended by 2 MB on master device.  (before
upgrade size was 120 MB and after upgrade the size is 122MB)

Is this a normal behavior of upgrade?
any harm in leaving 2 MB on master device?

Will upgrade fail if there is no room for this 2 MB on master device?

Thanks for your help.

0
kp
11/8/2000 9:14:04 PM
sybase.sqlserver.configuration 393 articles. 0 followers. Follow

kp wrote:

> We just did a ASE upgrade to 11.9.2.1 from 11.0.3.3 and noticed that the

	You'd want to get the latest EBF and get it up to 11.9.2.3.

> sybsystemprocs database was extended by 2 MB on master device.  (before
> upgrade size was 120 MB and after upgrade the size is 122MB)

	There is a bug in the installmaster script that causes this.

> Is this a normal behavior of upgrade?

	No.

> any harm in leaving 2 MB on master device?

	No, but you can drop that device allocation.

> Will upgrade fail if there is no room for this 2 MB on master device?

	No. You could fix the script to stop the erroneous allocation and
	then create a new sybsystemprocs and rerun the script if you want.

-am
0
Anthony
11/8/2000 10:26:18 PM
Thanks Anthony,

It's not upto us to decide which EBF we should use. Unfortunately, we have
to use whatever application Vendor suggest. So, I think, I'll drop the
device allocation on master device for sybsystemprocs.

Thanks for your help.

Anthony Mandic wrote in message ...
>kp wrote:
>
>> We just did a ASE upgrade to 11.9.2.1 from 11.0.3.3 and noticed that the
>
> You'd want to get the latest EBF and get it up to 11.9.2.3.
>
>> sybsystemprocs database was extended by 2 MB on master device.  (before
>> upgrade size was 120 MB and after upgrade the size is 122MB)
>
> There is a bug in the installmaster script that causes this.
>
>> Is this a normal behavior of upgrade?
>
> No.
>
>> any harm in leaving 2 MB on master device?
>
> No, but you can drop that device allocation.
>
>> Will upgrade fail if there is no room for this 2 MB on master device?
>
> No. You could fix the script to stop the erroneous allocation and
> then create a new sybsystemprocs and rerun the script if you want.
>
>-am

0
kp

Error after upgrade from 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2.3
We have upgraded our production Sybase servers to 11.9.2 from 11.0.3.3 last weekend and we applied ebf9160 All went well except for an error in the errorlog as follows NT operating system error 2 in module 'e:\rel1192\porttree\svr\sql\generic\ksource\strmio\n_winsock.c' at line 3481: The system cannot find the file specified. kernel nl__connect: Could not connect to site 'VUA_S2002_XP', socket 1. This error did not occur when we tested the upgrade on our test servers. There appears to be no problems with the overall install, everything works fine - except for t...

Upgrade 11.0.3.3 to ASE 11.9.2 with RepServer 11.5 and LTMs
I am preparing to upgrade our production servers (11.0.3.3) using RepServer 11.5 with LTMs. My understanding is that the ASE 11.9.2 has RepAgents build in as Open Server applications. Are there any issues with upgrading that I need to be aware of? Where would I look? I would assume that I don't need to run LTMs anymore, but I need to ensure no loss of replication to the warm standby. Any advice? Take care. JCS ASE 11.5+ has RepAgent built in as internal server threads (which has nothing to do with OpenServer). When upgrading, keep the LTM's and upgrade to RS 11.5 / ...

Upgrade from 11.0.3.3 SQL Server to 11.9.2 with RepServer 11.5
I am preparing to upgrade our production servers (11.0.3.3) using RepServer 11.5 with LTMs. My understanding is that the ASE 11.9.2 has RepAgents build in as Open Server applications. Are there any issues with upgrading that I need to be aware of? Where would I look? I would assume that I don't need to run LTMs anymore, but I need to ensure no loss of replication to the warm standby. Any advice? Take care. JCS ...

RFI
Hi, Is it worth going to 11.5.1 considering 11.9.2 is out? I'm looking for information about upgrading 11.0.3 to 11.5.1 or 11.9.2 on HP-UX. Looking for advice, tips & tricks, pitfalls, etc I'm also interested in other peoples exeriances with 11.5.1 and 11.9.2 with regaurds to performance, stability, bugs & problems. thanks in advance Andrew. -- The views expressed are those of the author, not necessarily of Innovus Limited. Andrew, When I took the "Powering-up for ASE 11.5" class from Syba...

11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2 upgrade on NT
We have currently upgraded several servers on HP/SUN platforms successfully from 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2. In 12 sybase splits open client and ASE to have their own variables. We did this with our upgrade to 11.9.2, but opposite the way sybase handles this in version 12. We have set our SYBASE variable to the path of open client (/appl/sybase/oc/1111) and SYB_SRV to the path of ASE(/appl/sybase/ase/1192). We need to upgrade our servers on NT but the change to our variables has caused a snag. We would like to be consistant across all platforms. Any suggestions would be greatly appreci...

Upgrading from 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2 on Linux
Hi, I've downloaded the 11.9.2 Linux versino of Sybase and want to upgrade an existing installation from 11.0.3.3 to this more up to date version. The documentation refers to an executable on the cd called sybsetup, however, I've downloaded the rpm files off the web and don't have a sybsetup executable. When I try to install the rpm for 11.9.2 it tells me that there is already an earlier version of Sybase installed. Can anyone tell me how to get around this! >rpm -ivh sybase-ase-11.9.2-3.i386.rpm error: failed dependencies: sybase-ase < 11.9.2 conflicts ...

upgrade from 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2 on NT
We have currently upgraded several servers on HP/SUN platforms successfully from 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2. In 12 sybase splits open client and ASE to have their own variables. We did this with our upgrade to 11.9.2, but opposite the way sybase handles this in version 12. We have set our SYBASE variable to the path of open client (/appl/sybase/oc/1111) and SYB_SRV to the path of ASE(/appl/sybase/ase/1192). We need to upgrade our servers on NT but the change to our variables has caused a snag. We would like to be consistant across all platforms. Any suggestions would be greatly appreci...

Performance degrades: 11.0.3.3 upgraded to 11.9.2
We recently upgraded a test server from ASE 11.0.3 on HP-UX 10.20 to ASE 11.9.2 on HP-UX 11.0. We have a query that runs in 15 min in production (11.0.3) an 60 minutes in test (11.9.2). Another query runs for 20 min in production and has yet to finish in test (11.9.2). We did update all statistics on the tables and have recompiled the stored procedures. Any help, advice or comments would be greatly appreciated. Georgette M. Geotsi DaimlerChrysler Capital Services GGeotsi@DCXCapital.com GGeotsi@dcxcapital.com wrote: > > We recently upgraded a test server from ASE ...

Opinions needed for Upgrade 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2
I will soon be upgrading out 11.0.3.3(NT) db to 11.9.2(NT). Our SQL servers support a powerbuilder 6.5 application which uses Open Client 10.0.4 Upon installing 11.9.2 will i also need to upgrade open client on each client machine. Or will 10.0.4 still be usable? Having 120 (win2000) machines to upgrade has anyone had success pushing them out thru SMS(which our Central IT dept manages). I am hoping to avoid purchasing any additional software to do this. All suggestions are appreciated! (note that hotmail.mom needs to be hotmail.com if replying via email) In article <5...

upgrade ASE from 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2 on AIX
Hi, We are planning to upgrade our SQL Server 11.0.3.3 servers to ASE 11.9.2. We have 6 production servers on one UNIX box and (almost) corresponding test servers on another UNIX box. We have little new development, so we should have enough time to test things out first on the TEST platform. I am trying to decide between upgrading the servers in place or doing new installs and migrating the data over to the new servers. The upgrades in place would be a lot easier on me and the UNIX support people, but I am not sure how much more difficult fallback would be. If we needed to fall...

11.0.3.2 vs 11.0.3.3
Dear All, I understand that SQL server 11.0.3.2 is Y2K compliance. However, I have been suggested to upgrade to 11.0.3.3 for much safety (in Y2K). Is it true? What is the main difference between these 2 versions? Best Regards, Colin Colin wrote: > > Dear All, > > I understand that SQL server 11.0.3.2 is Y2K compliance. However, I > have been suggested to upgrade to 11.0.3.3 for much safety (in Y2K). Is > it true? What is the main difference between these 2 versions? > Just a number of bugfixes. I don't believe any of them are Y2K rel...

Upgrade from 11.0.3.2 to ASE 11.9.2
I've seen different postings claiming that 11.0.3 can directly upgrade to 11.9.2. However, the release bulletin for Sybase ASE 11.9.2 (Doc ID = 72410-01-1192-02) says that "You can upgrade 11.9.2 only from 10.0.2.7, 11.0.3.3, 11.5 and later). We are currently using 11.0.3.2. Does it mean that I will have to upgrade our server to 11.0.3.3 (from 11.0.3.2) before I can migrate to ASE 11.9.2? I will appreciate if someone clarify this. Thanks. CGS tcgs@hotmail.com CGS wrote: > > I've seen different postings claiming that 11.0.3 can directly upgrade...

Recreate portal template export module? Missing from upgrade 2.1.2-3.0.11-3.0.12
I verified in thread: http://asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=853777 that my 2.0.12 -> 3.0.11 -> 3.0.12 upgrade did not install the 'export portal template' module at the bottom of admin | portals. Whatever the reason I don't have it. Now I need ideas on how to force it back in there. I do see a row in the table 'Desktop Modules' that matches the row in a fresh 3.0.12 install I did for comparison: ,90,Template,Allows you to export a portal template to be used to build new portals.,,0,1, (my portal) ,40,Template,Allows you to export a portal template to...

Warmstandby between 11.0.3.3 and 11.9.2
Is any one tried creating standby connection between ASE 11.0.3.3 and ASE 11.9.2? Yes. It works but you have to use an ltm if your primary is 11.0.3.3. garcia banu wrote: > Is any one tried creating standby connection between ASE 11.0.3.3 and ASE > 11.9.2? ...