SQL Remote Replication

Anybody tried using SQL remote to do replication between two ASE? I don't
need Replication Server just basic replication. since 11.9.2 comes with SQL
Remote, I thought why not give it a try!

0
BH
9/13/1999 3:17:34 AM
sybase.sqlserver.configuration 393 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I just started research on SQL-Anywhere Remote using FILE and MAPI as well.
It's a realy nice feature, cause I do update data not so offten.

So, just try it out.

BTW what means ASE

Chriss
BH Ong schrieb in Nachricht <01befd97$8f8994c0$7ccdc8c8@virtual-branch>...
>Anybody tried using SQL remote to do replication between two ASE? I don't
>need Replication Server just basic replication. since 11.9.2 comes with SQL
>Remote, I thought why not give it a try!

0
RCG

Replicating trigger action with SQL remote (SQL/Anywhere)
I need to replicate the actions of a trigger in one of my tables. I've tried to use the -t option when running dbremote, but this still does not replicate the trigger actions. Is there a solution to this problem? I need to replicate the action of the trigger because I'm trying to do the following: I need a sigle unique id for record in a table, and that table may be inserted into at any number of remote databases, and at the consolidated database. I've used an autoincrement column and a current publisher column as the actual unique primary key, and have another column ...

SQL Anywhere 8.0.2 SQL Remote FTP replication problems
Hi all, I have a problem setting up the FTP message control parameters with SQL Remote. I use the SET REMOTE FTP OPTION statement to do this. See an example. Considering a remote user with name 'pippo'... SET REMOTE FTP OPTION pippo.host = 'my_host'; SET REMOTE FTP OPTION pippo.user = 'mickey'; SET REMOTE FTP OPTION pippo.password = 'mouse'; SET REMOTE FTP OPTION pippo.root_directory = 'root_dir'; These four statements set FTP parameters for the pippo database user. This means that I want that the user pippo gain access to the replicati...

Remote Connections Enabled, but I still get error that Remote is not configured
Fellow Devs, I have an instance of SQL Server Express 2005 running on another box and I have Remote Connections enabled over both TCP/IP and Named Pipes, but on my other box I keep getting the error that the server does not accept Remote Connections. Any ideas why this might be happening? Is there some other configuration?    ~mike~ start server configuration manager click on protocols > TCP/IP and properties go to IP addresses and under IPALL remove everythink from TCP dynamic port , under TCP Port enter port you want to use like 1433 save all changes restart ser...

SQL Remote replication problem
We have an ASA 7.0.3.2046 setup with several branches replicating to and from a consolidated database via SQL Remote. At each end we have the following trigger on one of our tables: alter trigger DBA.tub_item before update on auction.item referencing old as old_upd new as new_upd for each row begin if current remote user is null then set new_upd.last_modified_by=current user; set new_upd.date_last_modified=getdate(*) end if end The problem that sometimes occurs is this. A user updates a field on the item table, which fires the trigger. The update action and the tr...

ASA Replication With SQL Remote
We are beginning with a replication among two databases ASA 7.0. We use SQL Remote to achieve that goal. First, we create users publisher and remote, after we create publications and articles. At last we did extract process for create remote database. In each site, we launch Replication Agents using SMTP. Changes in Consolidated Database replicates in Remote Database but changes in Remote Database has no effect on Consolidated Database. Someone can tell us Which are basics troubleshooting for replication using SMTP and SQL Remote? Why Remote Database does not replicate to Co...

SQL remote TIMESTAMP replication
ASA (9.X): ASA, however is the timestamp format set, maintains the full 6-digit fraction of second. It would be a ***VERY FINE*** (that's three stars from both sides with caps on) thing if the timestamp column would replicate in a ***FULL*** format, whatever the option 'timestamp_format' would be set to, because when replicating such a column with 'timestamp_format' set to '....nn.ss.sss' (what I believe is the default setting), only the 'ss.sss' is replicated and I believe ASA adds the missing three digits manually (.sss000, .sss001, ..sss...

sql remote with replication enterprise
can I run sql remote and replication enterprise on the same machine? My system has 3 units ASA --- ASE --- ASE so the middle one need to replicate with ASA and ASE on the same machine. In order to have SSRemote and the Rep Agent for ASE run on the same database you must use SSQueue. This was available in a 5.5.04 EBF, which also means you must be at least at 5.5.04 of SSRemote. Please contact technical support and ask for an EBF for 5.5.04, including SSQueue. -- David Fishburn Sybase Please post only to the news group. Songrit Leemakdej wrote in message ... >can...

ASE Replicator or SQL Remote
We have several 11.9.x servers running on RH Linux that we need a simple replication solution for. These severs will be upgraded to 12.5 over a year or so. Rep sever seems overkill. I have been looking at the new ASE Replicator in 12.5 and SQL Remote that was designed for 11.9.x. Here are my questions: If I set up one 12.5 db and use it as the primary database can it publish data to the 11.9.x servers? Is SQL Remote going to be a supported product or is Sybase encouraging users to move to Replicator? Does SQL Remote run on Linux? Which is eaiser, more reliable? T...

SQL remote replication stops
Hello, I have a problem with SQL Remote replications via FILE (the same with another message types). dbremote 7.0.4.3489 dbtran and dblog are not showing any errors. there is no gap/space in log files. Remote site is only getting messages from consolidated, but nothing sending to consolidated. When dbremote starts, it shows correct start of transaction log, starting scan and finishing without any outcoming message. Seems like dbremote is not scaning log or checking bad offsets. .. I. 10/27 15:57:03. Transaction log "c:\test\03101600.LOG" starts at offset 0006864...

SQL Remote and ASE Replicator
Hello, Is it possible to use SQL Remote and ASE Replicator on the same database? SQL Remote and Replication Server for example have such capability when you use ssqueue. -- JT Both the ASE replicator and SQL Remote for ASE need to exclusively manage ASE's secondary truncation point in order to identify the oldest data page in syslogs that they need to start scanning from. There is only 1 secondary truncation point, and by the nature of it, it can not be shared between processes to identify more than one page. This is why we included the SSQueue as a solution for an ASE ...

sql remote, replication server
Hi All, I have a main location, where Sybase ASE and most users are sitting, and one secondary locations connected through internet where more users access main database with PowerBuilder applications. Of course, in the secondary location PB applications run slow. People in the secondary location does a lot of read from database, and few updates. I tried web deploy kit, but it is too slow (we need LOTS of stuff on screen, constantly updated). Now I think of having two databases, that are kept synchronized by "something" (e.g. overnight). My question is, what should "s...

Security in SQL Remote replication
Hi, everybody! Does anyone know, how replication messages (sent via e-mail) are secured? What kind of encoding algorithm is used? Is it safe? Is it dificult to decode messages? Thanks, Tomek The messages are encoded, but not encrypted. The encoding is meant to stop casual viewers from reading the data in your messages, but is no intended to stop serious hackers. If security is a concern, you can always write your own encoding dll. Check out the following section of the manual : Replication and Synchronization Guide PART 3. SQL Remote CHAPTER 18. SQL Remote...

Replication Server and SQL Remote
Hi, I want to know about if anyone is working with Replication Server and DBRemote toghether. I want to use RS to replicate with connected sites (ASE Servers) and DBremote to replicate with disconnected ones (ASA Servers). According with Sybase Support I must put an intermediate ASA server with Rep Agent for ASA working as gateway between disconnected sites and the central site. We are thinking in the following products: * Central Server: ASE 11.9.2 y Replication Server (UnixWare 7.1) * Intermediate Server: ASA with a consolidated DB, and using dbremote. * Remote Sites disconn...

Web resources about - SQL Remote Replication - sybase.sqlserver.configuration

DNA replication - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
DNA replication is a biological process that occurs in all living organisms and copies their DNA ; it is the basis for biological inheritance ...

Facebook Slashes Data Replication With HDFS RAID
Avoiding replication is a key component of efficient data storage , and one method Facebook uses to accomplish this task is HDFS RAID , which ...

PolSci Replication (@PolSciReplicate) on Twitter

Encryption in demand for backup and replication: Veeam
When it comes to backup and replication, Veeam has found encryption is one of the most requested feature by businesses.

John Sands Australia cuts data replication time from 14 hours to three
Corporate data replication was taking up to 14 hours to complete at greeting card company John Sands Australia until data acceleration software ...

EMC gives VMware admins the reins to replication and recovery
EMC is putting replication and recovery into the hands of VMware administrators with a software version of its RecoverPoint appliance that's ...

Facebook Slashes Data Replication With HDFS RAID - SocialTimes
Avoiding replication is a key component of efficient data storage , and one method Facebook uses to accomplish this task is HDFS RAID , which ...

Violin to bring deduplication, replication, other tools to all-flash storage arrays
Violin Memory plans to add deduplication, thin provisioning, snapshots and other features in a software update for its all-flash storage arrays, ...

Art & Craft: The Story of an Art Forger Whose Artwork Replication Isn't Actually Illegal
Let me just start off by saying that I don't condone illegal forgery or theft—but I do think that someone who can put the art world in a tizzy ...