Proxy tables between ASE 11.5.1 and ASE 12

Hi everybody

We are in HP-UX 11 and have two servers, one in ASE 12 and other in ASE
11.5.1. This servers need to share data via proxy tables.
Does somebody know if  it is possible to use proxy tables in ASE 12
referencing tables in ASE 11.5.1 and viceversa?

Thanks a lot.

0
Roberto
7/17/2000 6:25:54 PM
sybase.sqlserver.configuration 393 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Roberto Espitia wrote:

> We are in HP-UX 11 and have two servers, one in ASE 12 and other in ASE
> 11.5.1. This servers need to share data via proxy tables.
> Does somebody know if  it is possible to use proxy tables in ASE 12
> referencing tables in ASE 11.5.1 and viceversa?

	It should work. ASE 11.5.1 has the "enable cis" config option
	so proxy tables should work between the two versions by enabling
	this (unfortunately its static so the servers have to be bounced)
	and defining the servers within each other with sp_addserver (and
	you'll need both entries in the interfaces files if you have
	separate interfaces files for both servers).

-am
0
Anthony

Web resources about - Proxy tables between ASE 11.5.1 and ASE 12 - sybase.sqlserver.configuration

Netflix Stock Takes Hit As Markets Open 2016 Sharply Lower
Netflix shares took a beating in early trading Monday as U.S. markets opened sharply lower on the heels of China’s stock market crash and growing ...

Microsoft: Windows 10 reaches 200M devices, growing faster than any previous version
Less than six months after its release, Microsoft’s Windows 10 operating system is running on more than 200 million devices, outpacing Windows ...

"Why Do You Hate White People?": My Year in Donald Trump Supporter Fan Mail
Donald Trump fans are a special breed of American voter . To hear them tell it, they’re a disenfranchised silent majority who simply want to ...

FBI seeks peaceful end to occupation at Oregon wildlife refuge
Federal law enforcement officials on Monday sought to bring a peaceful end to the weekend occupation of a headquarters of an Oregon U.S. wildlife ...

John Oliver on New Year’s Resolutions: ‘Lower Your Standards’
John Oliver made a brief return from his “Last Week Tonight” hiatus to tell his viewers to lower their standards for their New Year’s Resolutions. ...

Everything there is to know about Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ most menacing new villain
The new Star Wars movie introduces a slew of bad guys, including First Order troopers and users of the Dark Side of the Force. There are soldiers ...

Obama Opens 2016 With Another Big Push on Guns
On the first day of 2016, President Barack Obama began his final year in the White House with brief comments highlighting his accomplishments ...

LIVE: Earthquake measuring 6.7 on Richter Scale hits Northeast; 6 dead over 50 injured
The earthquake, measuring 6.7 on the Richter Scale, occurred at 4.37 a.m and had its epicentre in Manipur's Tamenglong district bordering. Bangladesh, ...

Pathankot air base attack: No delay in sending out first alerts, says Punjab Govt
In Pathankot to review security arrangements with IG Border Range Lok Nath Angara on Sunday, Sukhbir said there had been no delay by the police ...

CarPlay is finally coming to 2016 and 2017 Ford vehicles
Its been more than a year since Ford announced it was turning towards Apples CarPlay system, and the automobile manufacturer has been quiet about ...