Netware Install Hangs

We are trying to install version 11.0.1 on a Dell 4200 server running
Netware 4.11. When the installation gets to installing system
procedures, the install hangs. This has happened multiple times. We
tried installing version 10.02   with no problem. We also tried an
upgrade from 10 to 11 with the same result (install hangs when trying to
drop system procedures in master database). Anyone have any suggestions?

Arlen Levin
3M Co.

0
Arlen
8/7/1998 7:02:23 PM
sybase.sqlserver.configuration 393 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Netware 5.1 SP7 to Netware 6.5 SP1b
Did first in-place upgrade in Production yesterday. Two issues: 1) Install seemed to hang at the very end. Closing installation files. (We let it set for 20 minutes and then closed diaglog box). Then was able to restart server. Server was not hung. 2) Can not access iManager Do I have to recreate CA for 6.5? My test network which has different hardware works. I will compare results. Any suggestions on what I can try next. thanks, Linda Was finally able to get iManager to work. Found several tids. TIDS 10068769, 10086939, 10087650, 10088796...

Netware 6 hang up when installing.
I install Netware 6 on Dell Optiplex 270 (2.80GZ, 2GB RAM, SATA 120GB Hard drive). But the system keep hang up. Sometime it hang up when reading the license floppy disk, sometimes it hang up when copying files. I tried to increase FILES up from 100 to 200, BUFFERS up to 50. But the problem still happened. Anyone have any idea ? Thanks in advance! Try installing from the NW6Sp5 overlay ISO image. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not...

iFolder3 Configuration hangs during install
Hi, I'm installing OES2 ver 10 SP1 (SUSE 10) into an existing eDirectory tree. The install has gone smoothly so far, including Activation, downloading updates, etc. by following the docs. But it has now stalled on the screen titled "Saving iFolder3 Configuration" with the status text reading "Write iFolder Settings" The "Abort" button does not respond at all. Anything I can do to save this install, or am I doomed to restart from scratch? Thanks, Ted I read that it's better to implement iFolder 3.6 after the completed installation ...

Netware 6.5SP6 Install Hangs
I am trying to install Netware 6.5 SP6 from the overlay CDs on a new Dell PowerEdge 2950. The install hangs in the gui at the "Installing eDirectory" step. Red N is pulsing but the installation does not continue and no errors are thrown up. (Not sure if this is relevant) This server is a replacement for a problem server that had a hard drive failure. The problem server had DS removed and was removed from the production tree and installed into a separate tree for access to one application while waiting for new hardware to arrive. Old server retained it's name. New s...

Netware 6.5 hangs after install . . . .
Hello, I know there is no support for a beta version of Netware 6.5 but after an installation the server hangs at stage 1 of loading nlms. Little info: Dell PowerEdge 500SC with the latest patches for bios, nic, tape device etc. At one time it was working. Reformatted the drive, mbr and started with a clean drive and installation. The server hangs. Any suggestions? Thanks, iloadmin I'm sorry, but we don't support beta products in these forums. -- Marcel Cox (using XanaNews 1.15.2.7) ...

NetWare 6.5 hangs during install
Hallo i try to install NW6.5 on a testserver. after,the installation match the driver for nic(the right driver), the copy hangs and the server goes freeze (incl.the keyboard!). all what i see is the message "please wait" and nothing more. can wait a half hour or more, nothing is happen. what is the problem ? can anyone help me? (info: 1,5GHz,2048RAM,IDE-HHD,sis900-nic -this all works fine with nw6 or prior versions ) regards mario haven Hi You may try a driver from NW6 to se if it changes. Anyway, 6.5 is still beta and not a supported product. -- ...

Netware 4.11 installation hangs
Dear reader, When i want to install netware 4.11(for research) with my Compaq ML370 G1 server the installation hangs after i have choosen the language at the first installation-screen. I've selected English but after that te system doesn't go futher, the cursus stays on the leftcorner and there is no activity anymore. Can anyone help me please? Hans van Dieren OneNet-It, Netherlands On 10/19/2005 Hans Van Dieren wrote: > Can anyone help me please? What kind of DOS are you using ? If Windows9x DOS, this is your problem. You need MS-DOS or Caldera-DOS. -- Ed...

Netware 6 SP5 hangs on install.
I've been trying to do an install on my test server and Netware keeps hanging on the mega4_xx.ham driver. My test system: Dual Xeon 4 Gigs of RAM LSI MegaRAID 320-1 3 Seagate 73GB 10k SCSI drives in a RAID 5 array I've tried the latest LSI drivers, but it hangs just the same. Any ideas? Hi, try this: 1. only 2 Gigs ram 2. Hyper threading off in bios. It my help. Walter >>> Matthew<no@no.com> schrieb am Sonntag, 29. Oktober 2006 um 15:46 in Nachricht <e931h.21359$0h7.3560@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>: > I've been trying to d...

netware 6-server install hangs
Hello, I am trying to install netware 6. Everything seems to go fine until a java-Script starts and the x-Session will be seen. Then I get the Message: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/novell/application/install/setup java: Class com .novell.application.install.Setup exited with status 1 After several minutes it takes me to a dos screen where the message; CCS.NLM: Initialization waiting for XMGR. (xxx sec.) If anyone has any ideas or suggestions about why the system is hanging like this, I would appreciate it. Thanks, thomas ...

How to install and configure AFP for oes netware
I like some info on how to install AFP on my netware 6.5 sp5. I have AFPStrt running but do not know how to configure. Please help. -- sl0000 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hi, sl0000 wrote: > > I like some info on how to install AFP on my netware 6.5 sp5. I have > AFPStrt running but do not know how to configure. Please help. There's really not much to configure, it just works. The only thing you need to make sure is that your users have a simple or universal password. I'd strongly suggest universal pa...

Install FTP after netware installation.
Using Netware 6.5 sp4, how can I after installing the pre-migration server pattern install just the FTP server? Do I use the Install from the GUI or do I use NWConfig? I looked in the NW65PROD cd at the FTP directory, and just saw the ftp.zip. I didn't see any .in or other 'installation' file to select from Install via the GUI or NWConfig. Thanks in advance! Dave S. D. Rose wrote: > Using Netware 6.5 sp4, how can I after installing the pre-migration server > pattern install just the FTP server? Do I use the Install from the GUI or > do I use NWConfig?...

Server hangs during install of Netware 6.5
Hello, I would like to install Netware 6.5 on an Acer Altos G700 server. During the installation, the systems hangs at the time of loading the MEGA4_XX driver. I already have try the newest driver version(7.00n) and firmware (111Q) for the Elite 1600 from the LSI website. But it is still the same result. Now I find a TID (10066150) which describe our problem. The Server hangs during the install of the os. I try to install with a new ADPT160M.HAM from your and Asaptecs Homepage but get still the same result. To the completion: install Netware 6 on this sever makes no problems. ...

Web resources about - Netware Install Hangs - sybase.sqlserver.configuration

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ