11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2 upgrade on NT

We have currently upgraded several servers on HP/SUN platforms successfully
from 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2.  In 12 sybase splits open client and ASE to have
their own variables.  We did this with our upgrade to 11.9.2,  but opposite
the way sybase handles this in version 12.  We have set our SYBASE variable
to the path of open client (/appl/sybase/oc/1111) and SYB_SRV to the path of
ASE(/appl/sybase/ase/1192).    We need to upgrade our servers on NT but the
change to our variables has caused a snag.  We would like to be consistant
across all platforms.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dana

0
Dana
12/12/2000 3:52:00 PM
sybase.sqlserver.configuration 393 articles. 0 followers. Follow

upgrade from 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2 on NT
We have currently upgraded several servers on HP/SUN platforms successfully from 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2. In 12 sybase splits open client and ASE to have their own variables. We did this with our upgrade to 11.9.2, but opposite the way sybase handles this in version 12. We have set our SYBASE variable to the path of open client (/appl/sybase/oc/1111) and SYB_SRV to the path of ASE(/appl/sybase/ase/1192). We need to upgrade our servers on NT but the change to our variables has caused a snag. We would like to be consistant across all platforms. Any suggestions would be greatly appreci...

Error after upgrade from 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2.3
We have upgraded our production Sybase servers to 11.9.2 from 11.0.3.3 last weekend and we applied ebf9160 All went well except for an error in the errorlog as follows NT operating system error 2 in module 'e:\rel1192\porttree\svr\sql\generic\ksource\strmio\n_winsock.c' at line 3481: The system cannot find the file specified. kernel nl__connect: Could not connect to site 'VUA_S2002_XP', socket 1. This error did not occur when we tested the upgrade on our test servers. There appears to be no problems with the overall install, everything works fine - except for t...

Upgrade 11.0.3.3 to ASE 11.9.2 with RepServer 11.5 and LTMs
I am preparing to upgrade our production servers (11.0.3.3) using RepServer 11.5 with LTMs. My understanding is that the ASE 11.9.2 has RepAgents build in as Open Server applications. Are there any issues with upgrading that I need to be aware of? Where would I look? I would assume that I don't need to run LTMs anymore, but I need to ensure no loss of replication to the warm standby. Any advice? Take care. JCS ASE 11.5+ has RepAgent built in as internal server threads (which has nothing to do with OpenServer). When upgrading, keep the LTM's and upgrade to RS 11.5 / ...

Upgrade from 11.0.3.3 SQL Server to 11.9.2 with RepServer 11.5
I am preparing to upgrade our production servers (11.0.3.3) using RepServer 11.5 with LTMs. My understanding is that the ASE 11.9.2 has RepAgents build in as Open Server applications. Are there any issues with upgrading that I need to be aware of? Where would I look? I would assume that I don't need to run LTMs anymore, but I need to ensure no loss of replication to the warm standby. Any advice? Take care. JCS ...

Upgrade 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2.1
Hello ASE guru, We just did a ASE upgrade to 11.9.2.1 from 11.0.3.3 and noticed that the sybsystemprocs database was extended by 2 MB on master device. (before upgrade size was 120 MB and after upgrade the size is 122MB) Is this a normal behavior of upgrade? any harm in leaving 2 MB on master device? Will upgrade fail if there is no room for this 2 MB on master device? Thanks for your help. kp wrote: > We just did a ASE upgrade to 11.9.2.1 from 11.0.3.3 and noticed that the You'd want to get the latest EBF and get it up to 11.9.2.3. > sybsystemprocs da...

Upgrading from 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2 on Linux
Hi, I've downloaded the 11.9.2 Linux versino of Sybase and want to upgrade an existing installation from 11.0.3.3 to this more up to date version. The documentation refers to an executable on the cd called sybsetup, however, I've downloaded the rpm files off the web and don't have a sybsetup executable. When I try to install the rpm for 11.9.2 it tells me that there is already an earlier version of Sybase installed. Can anyone tell me how to get around this! >rpm -ivh sybase-ase-11.9.2-3.i386.rpm error: failed dependencies: sybase-ase < 11.9.2 conflicts ...

Opinions needed for Upgrade 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2
I will soon be upgrading out 11.0.3.3(NT) db to 11.9.2(NT). Our SQL servers support a powerbuilder 6.5 application which uses Open Client 10.0.4 Upon installing 11.9.2 will i also need to upgrade open client on each client machine. Or will 10.0.4 still be usable? Having 120 (win2000) machines to upgrade has anyone had success pushing them out thru SMS(which our Central IT dept manages). I am hoping to avoid purchasing any additional software to do this. All suggestions are appreciated! (note that hotmail.mom needs to be hotmail.com if replying via email) In article <5...

Performance degrades: 11.0.3.3 upgraded to 11.9.2
We recently upgraded a test server from ASE 11.0.3 on HP-UX 10.20 to ASE 11.9.2 on HP-UX 11.0. We have a query that runs in 15 min in production (11.0.3) an 60 minutes in test (11.9.2). Another query runs for 20 min in production and has yet to finish in test (11.9.2). We did update all statistics on the tables and have recompiled the stored procedures. Any help, advice or comments would be greatly appreciated. Georgette M. Geotsi DaimlerChrysler Capital Services GGeotsi@DCXCapital.com GGeotsi@dcxcapital.com wrote: > > We recently upgraded a test server from ASE ...

upgrade ASE from 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2 on AIX
Hi, We are planning to upgrade our SQL Server 11.0.3.3 servers to ASE 11.9.2. We have 6 production servers on one UNIX box and (almost) corresponding test servers on another UNIX box. We have little new development, so we should have enough time to test things out first on the TEST platform. I am trying to decide between upgrading the servers in place or doing new installs and migrating the data over to the new servers. The upgrades in place would be a lot easier on me and the UNIX support people, but I am not sure how much more difficult fallback would be. If we needed to fall...

11.0.3.2 vs 11.0.3.3
Dear All, I understand that SQL server 11.0.3.2 is Y2K compliance. However, I have been suggested to upgrade to 11.0.3.3 for much safety (in Y2K). Is it true? What is the main difference between these 2 versions? Best Regards, Colin Colin wrote: > > Dear All, > > I understand that SQL server 11.0.3.2 is Y2K compliance. However, I > have been suggested to upgrade to 11.0.3.3 for much safety (in Y2K). Is > it true? What is the main difference between these 2 versions? > Just a number of bugfixes. I don't believe any of them are Y2K rel...

NT Appication Problem When Upgrading ASE 11.0.3 to 11.9.2
Hi We have recently upgraded from ASE 11.0.3 to ASE 11.9.2 on HP-UX 10.20. We are using Sybase 11 ODBC 3.11.00.01 on NT 4.0. And we are using libxxx.dll from Sybase 11. Below is the problem which we are unable to solve: We have a 3rd Party application which was build using VC++, Sybase O/C and ODBC. Since it is 3rd party application I don't know which version of Sybase O/C they used for the build. This application is working fine on ASE 11.0.3, but not working with ASE 11.9.2. Unfortunately one of the important screen of the application is not working and it has only ...

Upgrade from 11.0.3.2 to ASE 11.9.2
I've seen different postings claiming that 11.0.3 can directly upgrade to 11.9.2. However, the release bulletin for Sybase ASE 11.9.2 (Doc ID = 72410-01-1192-02) says that "You can upgrade 11.9.2 only from 10.0.2.7, 11.0.3.3, 11.5 and later). We are currently using 11.0.3.2. Does it mean that I will have to upgrade our server to 11.0.3.3 (from 11.0.3.2) before I can migrate to ASE 11.9.2? I will appreciate if someone clarify this. Thanks. CGS tcgs@hotmail.com CGS wrote: > > I've seen different postings claiming that 11.0.3 can directly upgrade...

RFI
Hi, Is it worth going to 11.5.1 considering 11.9.2 is out? I'm looking for information about upgrading 11.0.3 to 11.5.1 or 11.9.2 on HP-UX. Looking for advice, tips & tricks, pitfalls, etc I'm also interested in other peoples exeriances with 11.5.1 and 11.9.2 with regaurds to performance, stability, bugs & problems. thanks in advance Andrew. -- The views expressed are those of the author, not necessarily of Innovus Limited. Andrew, When I took the "Powering-up for ASE 11.5" class from Syba...

Warmstandby between 11.0.3.3 and 11.9.2
Is any one tried creating standby connection between ASE 11.0.3.3 and ASE 11.9.2? Yes. It works but you have to use an ltm if your primary is 11.0.3.3. garcia banu wrote: > Is any one tried creating standby connection between ASE 11.0.3.3 and ASE > 11.9.2? ...

Web resources about - 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2 upgrade on NT - sybase.sqlserver.configuration

Windows Anytime Upgrade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Windows Anytime Upgrade (WAU) was an upgrade method offered by Microsoft and selected licensed resellers to users who intended to upgrade their ...

President Obama's Facebook Page Upgrades To Timeline
Yes, we can upgrade to timeline. U.S. President Barack Obama's Facebook page has the new layout.

Four Reasons to Upgrade to the New Share Dialog for iOS
... as friend tagging and privacy controls. 2. A faster and more native sharing experience Pinterest and popular iOS game 4 Pics 1 Word upgraded ...

More Streams: Facebook to Upgrade App Directory, App About Pages Soon
Over 50,000 applications have been added to the Facebook application directory since it first launched two years ago, and Facebook says it’s ...

Search Twitter - upgrade
... here Search Refresh Laura Tobin @ Lauratobin1 2m The only way to get through today is chocolate, I'm going to start small with baby & upgrade ...

Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store on iTunes
Get Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

upgrade - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... Flickr. We noticed that you may be using an unsupported browser. All the basics will still work, but to get the most out of Flickr please upgrade ...

ModBook Upgrade by TechRestore - YouTube
http://www.techrestore.com/ - TechRestore Video - Here is the world's first Modbook upgrade video - TechRestore stop-motion style, of course! ...