Can we restore a database on ASE 11.0.3 which was on ASE 11.0.2 ?

Hi,

I did a backup of a database which was on ASE 11.0.2.

Can we restore it without any problems on ASE 11.0.3 ?

Thanks very much.

--
Have a nice day.

Raphael Lignier
Escalation Support Engineer
ASCEND COMMUNICATIONS GIS - Sophia-Antipolis

0
Raphael
3/31/1999 11:02:30 PM
sybase.sqlserver.backup 609 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999 15:02:30 -0800, Raphael Lignier
<rlignier@ascend.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I did a backup of a database which was on ASE 11.0.2.
>
>Can we restore it without any problems on ASE 11.0.3 ?

Yes, dumps are upward compatible (that is: you can load older dumps on
newer servers). When conversion is needed, it is done automatically
when you issue the "online database" command

Reinoud van Leeuwen
Sybase Professional Services Maarssen / The Netherlands
0
reinoud
3/31/1999 1:11:16 PM
On Thu, 01 Apr 1999 16:19:01 -0800, Raphael Lignier
<rlignier@ascend.com> wrote:

>Thanks.
>
>Is it true as well if I want to upgrade to 11.9.2 ?

Yes.

>> On Wed, 31 Mar 1999 15:02:30 -0800, Raphael Lignier
>> <rlignier@ascend.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >I did a backup of a database which was on ASE 11.0.2.
>> >
>> >Can we restore it without any problems on ASE 11.0.3 ?
>>
>> Yes, dumps are upward compatible (that is: you can load older dumps on
>> newer servers). When conversion is needed, it is done automatically
>> when you issue the "online database" command

>> Reinoud van Leeuwen
>> Sybase Professional Services Maarssen / The Netherlands

Reinoud van Leeuwen
Sybase Professional Services Maarssen / The Netherlands
0
reinoud
4/1/1999 2:26:21 PM

Reinoud van Leeuwen wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Mar 1999 15:02:30 -0800, Raphael Lignier
> <rlignier@ascend.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I did a backup of a database which was on ASE 11.0.2.
> >
> >Can we restore it without any problems on ASE 11.0.3 ?
>
> Yes, dumps are upward compatible (that is: you can load older dumps on
> newer servers). When conversion is needed, it is done automatically
> when you issue the "online database" command

> Reinoud van Leeuwen
> Sybase Professional Services Maarssen / The Netherlands

--
Have a nice day.

Raphael Lignier
Escalation Support Engineer
ASCEND COMMUNICATIONS GIS - Sophia-Antipolis

0
Raphael

Download Database from ASE 11.9.2 to ASE 11.0.2 ?
Dear All: We have a Sybase ASE11.9.2 on Window NT, and we already run some application on it about 6 months. Since the third party software we use cann't support ASE11.9.2, we must use ASE 11.0.2. Can we just backup the database of ASE11.9.2 then restore the backup database to ASE11.0.2 ? Has it any problem ? Or, We must do following procedure. 1) bcp out the data from ASE11.9.2 2) create the database on ASE11.0.2 3) bcp in the 1) data to ASE11.0.2 Can anyone tell me?? Teresa Young Teresa, The problem with dump and load is that the log format in 11.9.2 is much diff...

ASE 11.0.3.3 and ASE 11.9.2 on same box
Hi evereyone, I would like to install 2 ASE servers with different versions on same linux box. Is this possible? Here is what I tried to do: I have a working ASE 11.9.2 on linux box tried to install ASE 11.0.3.3 on same box in different directory and it gave me an error. Wondering if this ispossible at all. Appreciate any help. TIA ar The 11.0.3.3 rpm tries to uninstall the 11.9.2 package. I shutdown the 11.9.2 server before install 11.0.3.3 and I do not keep the both versions running. The variables SYBASE, LD_LIBRARY_PATH ,PATH must be correctly set to point the...

replicate ASE 11.0.3 via R.S. 11.5 to ASE 11.9.2
Has any one successfully replicated from 11.0.3 using Rep Server 11.5 to ASE 11.9.2 using ltm's? We are running on solaris 2.6 using veritas filesystem and keep getting stack traces (this shuts down the connection). I would like to know if anyone else has replicated using these versions or something similar. Thanks. kboniface@worldres.com Yes, I have done this. No specific problems. HTH, Rob -- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Rob Verschoor Certified Sybase ASE 11.5 Administrator (Professional) Certified DBA/Performance...

SQLRemote Problem with 7.0.2-1 and 6.0.2-1 on Linux [ASE 11.9.2-3 and ASE 12.5 eval]
Hi all I got the following problems using sql-remote. on ASE 12.5 eval: I got the following RPMs installed on RedHat Linux 7.2 - Kernel 2.4.17 - glibc-2.2.4 sybase-ase-12.5-3.i386.rpm sybase-common-12.5-3.i386.rpm sybase-openclient-12.5-3.i386.rpm sybase-sqlremote-7.0.2-1.i386.rpm After the execution of ssxtract or ssremote I got an error like: ../ssxtract: /opt/sybase-12.5/SQLRemote/lib/libsstasks7_r.so: version `libdbtasks7_r.so' not found (required by ./ssxtract) The file libsstasks7_r.so exists and the path is correctly specified in /etc/ld.so.conf. There'...

Upgrade 11.0.3.3 to ASE 11.9.2 with RepServer 11.5 and LTMs
I am preparing to upgrade our production servers (11.0.3.3) using RepServer 11.5 with LTMs. My understanding is that the ASE 11.9.2 has RepAgents build in as Open Server applications. Are there any issues with upgrading that I need to be aware of? Where would I look? I would assume that I don't need to run LTMs anymore, but I need to ensure no loss of replication to the warm standby. Any advice? Take care. JCS ASE 11.5+ has RepAgent built in as internal server threads (which has nothing to do with OpenServer). When upgrading, keep the LTM's and upgrade to RS 11.5 / ...

ASE 11.0.3.3 to ASE 12 #2
We're planning to upgrade our existing environment from ASE 11.0.3.3 to ASE 12. Are there any problems we should be aware of? Anatoly, Check for datatype mismatches - int -> smallint, datetime->smalldatetime, etc.. (the P&T Guide has a section on this). Also make sure to run update statistics on all your user tables. Hope this helps, Eric Miner Sr. Engineer DST Engineering Optimizer Group Anatoly_Reznik wrote: > We're planning to upgrade our existing environment from ASE 11.0.3.3 to ASE > 12. Are there any problems we should be aware of? ...

Upgrade from 11.0.3.2 to ASE 11.9.2
I've seen different postings claiming that 11.0.3 can directly upgrade to 11.9.2. However, the release bulletin for Sybase ASE 11.9.2 (Doc ID = 72410-01-1192-02) says that "You can upgrade 11.9.2 only from 10.0.2.7, 11.0.3.3, 11.5 and later). We are currently using 11.0.3.2. Does it mean that I will have to upgrade our server to 11.0.3.3 (from 11.0.3.2) before I can migrate to ASE 11.9.2? I will appreciate if someone clarify this. Thanks. CGS tcgs@hotmail.com CGS wrote: > > I've seen different postings claiming that 11.0.3 can directly upgrade...

Can I have 11.0.2 and ASE 11.9.2 running on the same machine?
Hi, I have server with Sybase 11.0.2 installed on it for testing. Now I need to install on the same machine ASE 11.9.2 also for testing. I really would like to keep both versions running on the same server and I'm thinking about whole installation of ASE 11.9.2 just on another hard drive from Sybase 11.0.2. Is it possible? Or I have to save my backups, uninstall 11.0.2, install whole new 11.9.2 and restore from backups? Thank you Ninel You could do it provided you are able to specify a port number different from what 11.0.2 is using. Anil Ninel Roytman wrote: &g...

upgrade ASE from 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2 on AIX
Hi, We are planning to upgrade our SQL Server 11.0.3.3 servers to ASE 11.9.2. We have 6 production servers on one UNIX box and (almost) corresponding test servers on another UNIX box. We have little new development, so we should have enough time to test things out first on the TEST platform. I am trying to decide between upgrading the servers in place or doing new installs and migrating the data over to the new servers. The upgrades in place would be a lot easier on me and the UNIX support people, but I am not sure how much more difficult fallback would be. If we needed to fall...

Downgrade from 11.0.3.2 to 11.0.2.2
Greetings! Could anyone list out the procedure to downgrade the the SQL Server from 11.0.3.2 and 11.0.2.2. I installed 11.0.3.2 on a separate directory and did the upgradation. I just want to prepare in advance to go back to 11.0.2.2 in case we face any problems with the new release. Thanks, - John John Smith wrote: > > Greetings! > > Could anyone list out the procedure to downgrade the the SQL Server from > 11.0.3.2 and > 11.0.2.2. I installed 11.0.3.2 on a separate directory and did the > upgradation. > I just want to prepare in advance to go...

11.0.3.2 vs 11.0.3.3
Dear All, I understand that SQL server 11.0.3.2 is Y2K compliance. However, I have been suggested to upgrade to 11.0.3.3 for much safety (in Y2K). Is it true? What is the main difference between these 2 versions? Best Regards, Colin Colin wrote: > > Dear All, > > I understand that SQL server 11.0.3.2 is Y2K compliance. However, I > have been suggested to upgrade to 11.0.3.3 for much safety (in Y2K). Is > it true? What is the main difference between these 2 versions? > Just a number of bugfixes. I don't believe any of them are Y2K rel...

ASE 11.0.3.3 to ASE 12
We're planning to upgrade our existing environment from ASE 11.0.3.3 to ASE 12. Are there any problems we should be aware of? ...

11.0.2 to 11.0.3
Is the upgrade process from 11.0.2 to 11.0.3 seamless? Are there any issues to be concerned about? Thanks in advance. Doug Doug, You should utilize 11.0.3.3 if you can. That's more recent than plain 11.0.3. You can do an upgrade in place for this. John McVicker Sybase Professional Services Philadelphia, PA Automotive Division wrote: > > Is the upgrade process from 11.0.2 to 11.0.3 seamless? Are there any issues > to be concerned about? > > Thanks in advance. > Doug We are in the same boat. I assume you have to upgrade to 11.0.3 first ...

11.0.3 to 11.0.2
--------------8BCD235133A5E6297E3B44C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit The question: Can I take a dump of a database that is on an 11.0.2 server and load it into a 11.0.3 server, without having to do any maintenance on the database once it's in the 11.0.3 server? The reason: We have a production server that is version 11.0.2. Nightly, we dump the production server and load it into a development server, also 11.0.2. Now, we are in the midst of upgrading our development servers from 11.0.2 to 11.0.3. Any help would be great. T...

Web resources about - Can we restore a database on ASE 11.0.3 which was on ASE 11.0.2 ? - sybase.sqlserver.backup

Five million customers affected by Vtech database hack
Toy and educational material seller Vtech has revealed five million customers were affected by a hack of its app database and has also suspended ...

Change your passwords: NexusMods suffers database breach
... security breach by posts on reddit. Cybersecurity firm REN-ISAC had apparently contacted several university IT departments about a database ...

VTech Admits Lack of Database Security Opened Door to Hack
A SQL injection, a common software flaw, was found to be the root cause in the VTech breach.

Animal Venom Database Could Be Boon To Drug Development
A new public database that catalogs animal toxins could spur the development of new drugs made with compounds found in animal venom.