Default number of user connections to ASE

Hi

I have a 30 user licence of my ASE 11.5
I would like to know the number of user connections that are taken up by
default by the server. And how many user connections do I need to
account for , before deciding upon the number of actual client
connections (say, from a PB application)

Thanx
Anil

Output of select @@version is : Adaptive Server Enterprise 11.5/P/Nt/OS
4.00/1/fbu

0
Anil
3/9/1999 7:58:06 AM
sybase.sqlserver.admin 2338 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Anil wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a 30 user licence of my ASE 11.5
> I would like to know the number of user connections that are taken up by
> default by the server. And how many user connections do I need to
> account for , before deciding upon the number of actual client
> connections (say, from a PB application)
>
> Thanx
> Anil
>
> Output of select @@version is : Adaptive Server Enterprise 11.5/P/Nt/OS
> 4.00/1/fbu

Hi Anil,

Here is sp_who output from an ASE 11.5 server:

1> sp_who
2> go
 fid    spid   status       loginame     origname     hostname   blk
         dbname     cmd
 ------ ------ ------------ ------------ ------------ ---------- -----
        ---------- ----------------
      0      2 sleeping     NULL         NULL                    0
         master     NETWORK HANDLER
      0      3 sleeping     NULL         NULL                    0
         master     DEADLOCK TUNE
      0      4 sleeping     NULL         NULL                    0
         master     MIRROR HANDLER
      0      5 sleeping     NULL         NULL                    0
         master     HOUSEKEEPER
      0      6 sleeping     NULL         NULL                    0
         master     CHECKPOINT SLEEP
      0      7 running      sa           sa           alliance1  0
         master     SELECT

(6 rows affected)
(return status = 0)

Of these, only "sa" is a user connection, the usual system connections
are: NETWORK HANDLER, DEADLOCK TUNE, MIRROR HANDLER, HOUSEKEEPER, and
CHECKPOINT, numbering 5.  The login name of "null" is a giveaway.

--
Bret Halford
Sybase Technical Support

How to connect to ASE where the Number of users connections reached max.
Is there any way the 'sa' can connect to the ASE when the server reached user connections limit. Let us say if have the number of user connections = 100, Can we set the server to accept only 99 and leave one connection for sa. Any ideas ? Thanks RK <mc> wrote in message news:90CF65CADCBB10550052A3D485256D25.00521D4B85256D25@webforums... > > Is there any way the 'sa' can connect to the ASE when the server reached > > user connections limit. Let us say if have the number of user > connections = > > 100, Can we set the server to a...

Number of User, Number of Connections
Hi, Does open client provide a mechanism to write an application that will alow me to monitor the number of users and connections to a database? Regards, San > Does open client provide a mechanism to write an application that will alow > me to monitor the number of users and connections to a database? I do not think Open Client has a way to do it, but I think the easiest is to select the info from master.dbo.sysprocesses Stephan On Sun, 12 Aug 2001 16:18:03 -0400, Stephan Marais <smarais@mindspring.com> wrote: You could write an openclient application tha...

number connection with huge number user !
I use sqlhelper to get data from database.my table has 10000 records.I know that there are approximates 3000 users access my web application and load 10000 records about  5 minutes.I use method ExecuteDataSet to get DataSet from server.I feel that there are many connection hit database (connection pooling is about 90) , web application is quite slowly.Are there other solutions to get better ?Thank you very much.   How about caching the result from the database the first time?When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a rep...

MOD: Show all users by default in Edit Users Admin
The default setting for the CSK as installed is to display users beginning with the letter A, while allowing you to use the AlphaPicker to select other letters or "All" (at the right end of the AlphaPicker control. For sites with a large number of users, it may make sense to start with a single letter's worth, but for my site I wanted to have all the users shown by default. Here's how: 1. Open up Default.aspx in the \CommunityStarterKitVBSDK\Admin\EditUsers\ folder. 2. Modify the line<community:AlphaPicker id="ctlAlphaPicker" OnLetterChanged="OrderChanged...

Number of User Connections
Hi! We have been getting a 'maximum number of user connections has been reached error.' Is there a way to check how many user connections are being used? I mean, is there a select I can execute to check the number of current user connections to the server? I want to be able to see from time to time how many user connections are utilized so we'll have an idea of how many user connections we should configure our server. Any input/hints would be greatly appreciated. select count(*) from sysprocesses, less the number of system processes. -bret PBelle wrote: >...

number of user connection

Number of User Connections
How do I find out how many user connections I currently have? Not the configured amount but how many I have against my server at any given time. Thanks If you mean "the current number of active user connections", try this: select count(*) from master..sysprocesses where suid > 0 HTH, Rob ------------------------------------------------------------- Rob Verschoor Certified Sybase Professional DBA for ASE 12.5/12.0/11.5/11.0 and Replication Server 12.5 / TeamSybase Author of Sybase books (order online at www.sypron.nl/shop): "Tips, Tricks & Recipe...

number of user connection
Hello, I am using Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.5.0.3/EBF 10980 ESD#1 on Red Hat Linux Advanced Server release 2.1AS (Pensacola). When I try to set the "number of user connection" to a value higher than 25 I get the following error: 1> sp_configure "number of user connections", 30 2> go Msg 10848, Level 16, State 1: Server 'speedy', Procedure 'sp_configure', Line 616: The Adaptive Server Enterprise Developer Edition does not allow you to set this configuration parameter to a value higher than 25. Msg 5849, Level 16, State 1: Server...

Number of connected users ?????
How can I get the number of connected users on a database ??? (If it's possible of course !) Thanks ! Cyril, try use system variable '@@connections'; or try use 'sa_conn_info' and '@@rowcount' (build a procedure with this two statments). /// Claudinei Walker - S�o Paulo - Brazil /// Cyril FERDYNUS escreveu na mensagem ... >How can I get the number of connected users on a database ??? > >(If it's possible of course !) > >Thanks ! > > You may use "sa_db_info" or the following statement. Please use ...

number of user connections
I have SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.4 in a Windows NT Server, but only one client at time NT Workstaion can connect to the database. How can i connect to the DB with more users at the same time? Are you using dbeng6 or dbsrv6? ...

number of user connections
Hi, I'm trying to configure my server, ASE 12 on sun ha. My number of user connections is set to 200. I want to change that to 1000. I think the servercan support this I have 2G of memory but I need to know the effect on the other parameters. Thaks Bilal ELJOUZOU wrote: > > I'm trying to configure my server, ASE 12 on sun ha. > My number of user connections is set to 200. I want to change that to 1000. > I think the servercan support this I have 2G of memory but I need to know > the effect on the other parameters. Each user connection requires a ce...

@@connections and user connections
Hi! I've a doubt, I hope you can help me. I've ASE 11.9.3 on HP-UX 11.0. The problem is at times, when an user run an aplication, soon afterwards system log out him. I checked the log and I found the next error: 01:00000:00008:2000/06/28 11:15:27.32 server Error: 1601, Severity: 21, State: 3 01:00000:00008:2000/06/28 11:15:27.33 server There are not enough 'user connections' available to start a new process. Retry when there are fewer active users, or ask your System Administrator to reconfigure SQL Server with more user connections. But, the point is I...

Number of connections connected
hi, all I can limit the user connections to my sybase. But how can I know how many connections currently connected to my sybase ? Regards, Keene Hui Kenneth Hui wrote: > I can limit the user connections to my sybase. Do you mean on a per user basis? If so, no. > But how can I know how many connections currently connected > to my sybase ? 'sp_who' or 'select * from sysprocesses' will show the current connections. -am � 2001 ...

Number of user connections #3
Hi, I have a Sybase 11.5 server running on Solaris 2.6. I recently configured the user connection to 100 (sp_configure "number of user connection" 100). After recycling the sybase, I saw the change taking effect. My question is: What's the command to see how many user connections (running value) at any given time ? Your response will be greatly appreciated. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------37A16C00950110C46455293B Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Brian, select count(*) from master..syspr...

Web resources about - Default number of user connections to ASE - sybase.sqlserver.admin

The Direct Connection

Cross-cultural Connections and Exchange: international study is more important than ever
... And, as a minority of ill-intentioned individuals and groups do their best to create divides, we need citizens equipped to create connections ...

Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack
Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack

Get ready for live-streamed extreme sports: Seattle startup Sioeye adds 4G connection to action cam
The history of people doing crazy stunts on camera is full of notable achievements. Motorcycle daredevil Evel Knievel jumped over whatever he ...