UltraLite.NET Question

How many developers out there have used UltraLite.NET to build complex
applications.  I ask the question since I am finding that the
incompatibility between the data layer of the UltraLite.NET and ADO.NET make
development very difficult.  The examples on codeXchange are a good start
but do not lead to having real world application if you cannot get things
like DataGrid TableStyles working.  If anyone does have anything to pass
along I would appreciate it.

Also if there is a ADO.NET compliant version of UltraLite.NET on some
iAnywhere engineer's desk that needs some good beta testing, I would be
happy to look at it.

Chris Woodruff

0
Chris
8/3/2004 11:45:29 AM
sybase.sqlanywhere.ultralite 2982 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Issues migrating from .NET Ultralite 9.0 API to Ultralite 11.0 API
The query is regarding migrating from UltraLite 9.0 API to UltraLite 11.0 API We have written a .NET component which performs the synchronization operation; this was initially written using the UltraLite 9.0 and .NET Compact Framework 2.0. We now migrated this component to .NET Compact Framework 3.5 and UltraLite 11.0, while doing this there where some methods and properties which were missing in the new version of UltraLite API 11.0 as seen below; due to which we are unable to compile this component. I tried searching the Sybase knowledgebase for any help regarding this but u...

i have the question about the ultralite
dear all : i use the ASA7.03 and evc i have the question about Synchronization and Ultralite. my boss want to get the newest information in the pda to use Synchronization. i want to use the "Timer" component to trigger Synchronization with Consolidated database. at the same time,the user will operate the application of the Ultralite ..maybe the user operate the udb file to search or increase the data by"select","insert" or "update" and so on. the .udb file is used the operations between Synchronization and the application. ca...

creating table in .net (UltraLite.NET)
Hi, Could anyone send me a sample code of how to use a create table query in the ultralite.net api. when I try to do this I get the following error: "A schema upgrade is not currently allowed". I suppose it has something to do with the schemaUpgradeData\listener classes, but I couldn't work it out. I'm using Schema Painter version 9.0.1, build 1751 Thanks According to the online help, this error is caused because something is in use in the database. Try closing all of your cursors/etc. and finishing your current transaction before doing the schema upgrade. ...

Ultralite question
I am having a very strange problem. First I am new to ultralite - all my previous work has been done with ASA database. I have converted my code to use the ultralite specific objects for .net and have generated the ultralite schema file from an ASA database. I can create and connect to the database without any issues. I can also retrieve data from the database. The problem is I have to qualify all my column names with the table name. If I SELECT * from a table, into a .net data table, the column names that are stored have the table name . as a prefix. Is this normal for u...

Ultralite for .NET
Hi all, I'm developing applications for the Pocket PC with VC#.NET. Now I want to create a database application using MobiLink and UltraLite to synchronize with consilidated database. When is the Ultralite component suite(not beta) for .NET available? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks. Sander "Sander" <s_schinkelshoek@REMOVETHIShotmail.com> wrote in news:eZHwyVS#CHA.52@forums-1-dub: > I'm developing applications for the Pocket PC with VC#.NET. Now I want > to > create a database application using MobiLink and UltraLite to s...

UltraLite.NET /VB.NET Synchronization
I am using the UltraLite.NET component to build a sample application that connects to an UltraLite database running on a Windows CE device. I wish to synchronize the UltraLite database with a SQL Server database on a box running WindowsXP/Windows Server 2003. The documentation indicates that I can use several protocols to communicate with my host. In my application, I wish to use ActiveSync and/or TCPIP. I am not clear as to what functions I have to add to my application in order to perform a synchronization. The publication has been created using the UltraLite Schema Pain...

Ultralite Question
I am trying PPB evaluation version, and it is so easy to build a 'Hello World' application to my device. Then I have some questions about PPB : 1. How is the way to make Ultralite DB (.udb) file in the pocket device ? 2. How is the way to connect from the PPB application to ultralite database ? TIA Rob wrote in news:3f9563df.7c74.846930886@sybase.com: > I am trying PPB evaluation version, and it is so easy to > build a 'Hello World' application to my device. > Then I have some questions about PPB : > 1. How is the way to make Ultralite DB (.udb) fil...

UltraLite and .NET
Hi all, I'm using ASA 9.x Version "9.0.1 (1862)". I'm targeting Ultralite on PocketPC2003 with C#/.NET Does UltraLite supports ADO.NET? Can I fill a DataSet with a result of a sql Query in UltraLite? If so, I need to use different classes of the ones that the documentation says? Thanks in advance, Daniel Tiziani UltraLite.NET does not support ADO.NET in this release but there are samples of how to use it with the DataGrid on codeXchange. http://ianywhere.codexchange.sybase.com/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=283 The samples you are lookin...

VB.NET UltraLite and DataGrid with .NET FrameWork
hi, i need use Ultralite database with Vb.NET in a PDA with Pocket PC 2002 i need asociate Datagrid with a source, this source is a ultralite table what is the best way? i try with this code but don�t work Dim myTable As UltraLite.Table = Connection.GetTable(TablasU) DataGrid1.DataSource = myTable Thanks, Miguel Machado Please visit codeXchange for samples demonstrating the use of a DataGrid with UltraLite. http://ianywhere.codexchange.sybase.com/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=283 The samples you are looking for are called "UltraLite...

How to detect newer UltraLite.NET ShemaFile With VB.NET?
hi, does db and usm file contain any versioninfos that i can read out with my app? thanks very much for tips. No, at this time there is no way to determine if a udb has a particular schema applied. I had a discussion with the expert on schemas and here is what he said: Schema files are not a delta, there are an exact specification of what the schema should look like after the schema upgrade. Probably the safest way to ensure a usm is newer is the name the files differently. Schema01.usm, Schema02.usm etc. Generally a new usm comes with a new exe. The exe should kno...

Re: UltraLite.NET /VB.NET Mobilink Synchronization
Phillppe, I am attempting to synchronize an UltraLite database containing a single table with an SQL Server 2000 database using the UltraLite.NET component. I've used the indicated parameters in my sample application. I compiled and deployed the application to a pocketPc device. The application loads. However, when start the sync, it returns the following error: " A managed ULException occurred at application::Run+0xf " Information for synchronization is incomplete or invalid, check' -n/a Which leaves me with the following questions: 1. I k...

about ultralite
Dear All, Can i develop a ultralite program not using sybase asa database, can i using sql server or oracle directly.. Regards, Hans Hello, > Can i develop a ultralite program not using sybase asa database, > can i using sql server or oracle directly.. I think, you need asa just as a reference database, used by UltraLite, generating the source files etc. But with a working UltraLite application, which has a similar schema like your database (MSSQL, ORA etc.), you can use the MobiLink server to synchronize with. -- Best Regards, Tamas Beri mailto:tamas.beri@leadsys.h...

Ultralite multithreading question
Subject:Ultralite multithreading question Date:10/05/2000 Author:jgugliemino <jgugliemino@my-deja.com> << previous � next >> I am looking at using Ultralite to run as part of an embedded system under VxWorks on a PowerPC. I've just been looking at the doc so far (no coding yet) and came across an important point. I read in the SQL Anywhere doc "UltraLite applications should not be created where multiple threads access the database simultaneously, as multi-threading is not supported" I'd like a quick clarification. Does this mean that I s...

SyncProgressDialog in UltraLite.NET
Hi, I have some questions on UltraLite .NET Library: I am a bit confused regarding this SyncProgressDialog. Does it initiate sync or after calling SyncProgressDialog.ShowDialog() we should call Connection.Synchronize() method? I red the documentation but still I didn't find an answer. One more question -- Does SyncProgressDialog work with .NET Compact Framework? If yes, why is it not used in the CustDB sample? I am using SQL Anywhere Studio 9.0 and MS .NET 2003 (v7.1) Regards. Asim When 9.0.0 GA was released, we had not resolved work arounds to some Compact Framework GUI...

Web resources about - UltraLite.NET Question - sybase.sqlanywhere.ultralite

NEC UltraLite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The product was originally developed by an NEC Japan telecommunications engineering team that was trying to make an inexpensive lightweight terminal ...

1992 GM Ultralite running concept car - YouTube
... the North American Auto Show in Detroit in January 1992, the centerpeace of the General Motors exhibit, the running fully functional GM Ultralite ...

The GM Ultralite — 1400 lbs, 100 MPG, and You Can’t Have It
... and far less well known than it should have been, and we all taste bitter regret at what could have been . This is the case with the GM Ultralite, ...

NEC debuts VersaPro UltraLite VB laptop, Mate MG all-in-one for Japan
Like your computers to be all-business and only available in Japan? Then you might want to take a gander at NEC's latest duo, which includes ...

New Freescale I.MX6 SoCs Include IoT-focused UltraLite
... including new DualPlus and QuadPlus parts featuring enhanced GPUs and expanded memory support, and a new low-end, IoT focused 528MHz UltraLite ...

Portlandia Meets Ad Agency Snobbery This one hits... - 2matts.com
Portlandia Meets Ad Agency Snobbery This one hits a little too close to home. [via: IFC]

Travelers Have Always Expected Suitcases to be Light and Strong - Adweek
Travelers have always expected suitcases to be light and strong

NEC – New business-oriented PC lineup – 12 types (28 models)
... 34.9mm slim body 15.6 inch laptop PC “Versa Pro Type VX” with USB 3.0 built-in and a super light (875g, 14.9mm thin) laptop PC “VersaPro UltraLite ...

BASE Jumping Articles

New Technology Running Shoes : Reebok RealFlex Run Men's
New technology running shoes like these Reebok RealFlex Run Men's "Give your feet the flexibility they deserve. RealFlex sensors work together ...