Question UltraLite Support

Dear UltraLite Customer Support,

I am interested whether the example in the tutorial C++ Ultralite can be
compiled and linked with Embedded Visual C++ Ver. 4.2 ?

If yes, which linker options should be applied ?

Thank You

Best regards

Peter Teichert

0
Peter
1/27/2004 10:07:41 AM
sybase.sqlanywhere.ultralite 2982 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Peter Teichert wrote:

> Dear UltraLite Customer Support,

Note that these newsgroups are not an official channel into Tech
Support.  These newsgroups are monitored and answered by a variety of
individuals on a *voluteer* basis, including customers, hobbyists
(hackers) as well as iAnywhere employees.

> I am interested whether the example in the tutorial C++ Ultralite can be
> compiled and linked with Embedded Visual C++ Ver. 4.2 ?

Please *always* post the version and build number of ASA that you are
using (e.g. use the command "dbeng9 -v" for ASA 9.x).

Have you tried compiling the tutorial?  If so, what errors are you seeing?

greg.fenton
--
Greg Fenton
Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions

0
Greg
1/27/2004 3:57:59 PM
Hello Greg,

I excuse for uncorrect questionining on UltraLite Support.

I am using ASA 9 Version Build 1108.

I compiled the file customer.cpp as mentioned in the tutorial. Without
errors. But when using Rebuild all command then the linker complains
"unresolved external symbol" That is the problem .

Best regards

Peter

0
Peter

Ultralite Question
I am trying PPB evaluation version, and it is so easy to build a 'Hello World' application to my device. Then I have some questions about PPB : 1. How is the way to make Ultralite DB (.udb) file in the pocket device ? 2. How is the way to connect from the PPB application to ultralite database ? TIA Rob wrote in news:3f9563df.7c74.846930886@sybase.com: > I am trying PPB evaluation version, and it is so easy to > build a 'Hello World' application to my device. > Then I have some questions about PPB : > 1. How is the way to make Ultralite DB (.udb) fil...

i have the question about the ultralite
dear all : i use the ASA7.03 and evc i have the question about Synchronization and Ultralite. my boss want to get the newest information in the pda to use Synchronization. i want to use the "Timer" component to trigger Synchronization with Consolidated database. at the same time,the user will operate the application of the Ultralite ..maybe the user operate the udb file to search or increase the data by"select","insert" or "update" and so on. the .udb file is used the operations between Synchronization and the application. ca...

Ultralite question
I am having a very strange problem. First I am new to ultralite - all my previous work has been done with ASA database. I have converted my code to use the ultralite specific objects for .net and have generated the ultralite schema file from an ASA database. I can create and connect to the database without any issues. I can also retrieve data from the database. The problem is I have to qualify all my column names with the table name. If I SELECT * from a table, into a .net data table, the column names that are stored have the table name . as a prefix. Is this normal for u...

AppForge and UltraLite question
Hi everybody, I have a error in this tutorial program that I am writing. It's the tutorial to write Appforge Mobile VB application in Ultralite component suite 8.0.2. This is a visual basic 6 program that is connected to table customer and has a GUI form that has couple of textboxes that interacts with columns from this table. Table customer was created with ultralite schema painter, and the vb code is exactly how the tutorial is written, with the path changed according to my database path. The program makes a new .udb file after the first run. However, when I try to i...

Ultralite
Is it possible, by any means to open an .udb file from powerbuilder 10.2 either programmatically or from the database painter??? Maybe installing some kind of drivers as an example.. Thanks in advance, Chris ...

Support Images Ultralite?
I need know if Ultralite support developming with images (bmp, gif, etc) in Codewarrior to PALM OS Thank you.. -- Eng. Nicol�s Pulgar S. Professional Services Uniplex. S.A. Guayaquil - Ecuador "Nicolas Pulgar" <npulgar@uniplex.com.ec> wrote: > >I need know if Ultralite support developming with images (bmp, gif, >etc) in Codewarrior to PALM OS > UltraLite does support binary columns, so you can insert and select binary information (e.g. GIF files) to and from the UltraLite database. There is a Solution Sample that demonstrates the ca...

UltraLite.NET Question
How many developers out there have used UltraLite.NET to build complex applications. I ask the question since I am finding that the incompatibility between the data layer of the UltraLite.NET and ADO.NET make development very difficult. The examples on codeXchange are a good start but do not lead to having real world application if you cannot get things like DataGrid TableStyles working. If anyone does have anything to pass along I would appreciate it. Also if there is a ADO.NET compliant version of UltraLite.NET on some iAnywhere engineer's desk that needs some good beta test...

The support version of UltraLite...
Hi When I coding the UltraLite Application with VC++ 6.0 under ASA 6.0.3, I got some trouble that the compiler told me the UltraLite JUST support Windows CE 2.11 or later, but the traning guide of UltraLite tole us that it can support Windows CE 2.0.x , so, what's currect? (Reference: Building UltraLite Applications Using SQL Anywhere Studio p.1-23) And I have modified the header file about the version check from 210 to 201, then the compiler worked, and the application seems working correctly..... Could anyone give me some suggestion? Thanks! :) By the way, when I installe...

Question about Ultralite Future
Hi, I�m a systems engineer from Caracas, Venezuela and I�m interested in getting involved in the hanheld world. Questions: 1. Is there any Visual Programming Language from powersoft (I hope powerbuilder) that is available for Windows CE?. 2. Is there an ODBC driver for the ultralite version and is easy to get? 3. If I use another programming language as a front-end with ultralite will be slower the performance. 4. Is there proven programming paths to follow an get involved faster in this environment? Thank you. See my answers below. -- ------------------...

Ultralite multithreading question
Subject:Ultralite multithreading question Date:10/05/2000 Author:jgugliemino <jgugliemino@my-deja.com> << previous � next >> I am looking at using Ultralite to run as part of an embedded system under VxWorks on a PowerPC. I've just been looking at the doc so far (no coding yet) and came across an important point. I read in the SQL Anywhere doc "UltraLite applications should not be created where multiple threads access the database simultaneously, as multi-threading is not supported" I'd like a quick clarification. Does this mean that I s...

UltraLite 11 not supported ?
Hi all I just installed Pocketbuilder 2.5.2 Build 1273 om my XPSR3 PC. In the Database Profile Window UltraLite 11 does not show ??? SQL Anyhwhere 11 is installed, so whats wrong ? My mistake ? Thanks in advance for your help Walter walter wrote in news:4a9667dd.22bc.1681692777@sybase.com of sybase.public.pocketpowerbuilder: w> I just installed Pocketbuilder 2.5.2 Build 1273 om my XPSR3 w> PC. w> In the Database Profile Window UltraLite 11 does not show w> ??? w> w> SQL Anyhwhere 11 is installed, so whats wrong ? w> My mistake ? You can see...

about Ultralite supported platforms
I read the web pages, I know the ultralite can support windows mobile 6 (WM6). can UltraLite support windows mobile 6.1 (WM6.1)? We have not tested on WM 6.1. However, given that going from 5 to 6 required no changes on our part, I would expect that things would just work on 6.1. I can't say for sure because I haven't looked at WM 6.1 (so I don't know what's different in that version), but I would think that it's just a matter of time before we officially support that version. If you find problems with UL on 6.1, we'd certainly look at addressing them...

About UltraLite
Dear sirs, I want to gather some information about UltraLite from these forum. 1) What tools or language can develop a UltraLite application? 2) Can you tell me the size of a general UltraLite application? 3) How to calculate the licences fee of a UltraLite database engine and the application? Please help! Thanks in advance, Bill Lui E-mail : luichiming@hotmail.com >1) What tools or language can develop a UltraLite application? UltraLite supports C/C++ and Java. If you are developing for WinCE then the supported compiler is Visual C. If you are developing for t...

about ultralite
Dear All, Can i develop a ultralite program not using sybase asa database, can i using sql server or oracle directly.. Regards, Hans Hello, > Can i develop a ultralite program not using sybase asa database, > can i using sql server or oracle directly.. I think, you need asa just as a reference database, used by UltraLite, generating the source files etc. But with a working UltraLite application, which has a similar schema like your database (MSSQL, ORA etc.), you can use the MobiLink server to synchronize with. -- Best Regards, Tamas Beri mailto:tamas.beri@leadsys.h...

Web resources about - Question UltraLite Support - sybase.sqlanywhere.ultralite

NEC UltraLite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The product was originally developed by an NEC Japan telecommunications engineering team that was trying to make an inexpensive lightweight terminal ...

1992 GM Ultralite running concept car - YouTube
... the North American Auto Show in Detroit in January 1992, the centerpeace of the General Motors exhibit, the running fully functional GM Ultralite ...

The GM Ultralite — 1400 lbs, 100 MPG, and You Can’t Have It
... and far less well known than it should have been, and we all taste bitter regret at what could have been . This is the case with the GM Ultralite, ...

NEC debuts VersaPro UltraLite VB laptop, Mate MG all-in-one for Japan
Like your computers to be all-business and only available in Japan? Then you might want to take a gander at NEC's latest duo, which includes ...

New Freescale I.MX6 SoCs Include IoT-focused UltraLite
... including new DualPlus and QuadPlus parts featuring enhanced GPUs and expanded memory support, and a new low-end, IoT focused 528MHz UltraLite ...

Portlandia Meets Ad Agency Snobbery This one hits... - 2matts.com
Portlandia Meets Ad Agency Snobbery This one hits a little too close to home. [via: IFC]

Travelers Have Always Expected Suitcases to be Light and Strong - Adweek
Travelers have always expected suitcases to be light and strong

NEC – New business-oriented PC lineup – 12 types (28 models)
... 34.9mm slim body 15.6 inch laptop PC “Versa Pro Type VX” with USB 3.0 built-in and a super light (875g, 14.9mm thin) laptop PC “VersaPro UltraLite ...

BASE Jumping Articles

New Technology Running Shoes : Reebok RealFlex Run Men's
New technology running shoes like these Reebok RealFlex Run Men's "Give your feet the flexibility they deserve. RealFlex sensors work together ...