Question about Ultralite Future

Hi,
    I�m a systems engineer from Caracas, Venezuela and I�m interested in
getting involved in the hanheld world.
Questions:

1.  Is there any Visual Programming Language from powersoft (I hope
powerbuilder) that is available for Windows CE?.

2.  Is there an ODBC driver for the ultralite version and is easy to
get?

3.  If I use another programming language as a front-end with ultralite
will be slower the performance.

4.  Is there proven programming paths to follow an get involved faster
in this environment?

Thank you.

0
Lorenzo
6/1/1999 2:52:00 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.ultralite 2982 articles. 0 followers. Follow

See my answers below.

--

---------------------------------------
Rob Waywell

Lorenzo Mota wrote in message <3753F390.57C9FB4D@minisis.com>...
>Hi,
>    I�m a systems engineer from Caracas, Venezuela and I�m interested in
>getting involved in the hanheld world.
>Questions:
>
>1.  Is there any Visual Programming Language from powersoft (I hope
>powerbuilder) that is available for Windows CE?.
    - the only Visual Tool I know of at the moment is VB with the WinCE
toolkit

>2.  Is there an ODBC driver for the ultralite version and is easy to
>get?
    - there is an ODBC driver for the ASA for CE version, but Ultralite is
strictly for embedded sql
    - unfortunately, VB does not at this time support generic ODBC or OLEDB
on WinCE

>3.  If I use another programming language as a front-end with ultralite
>will be slower the performance.
    - since Ultralite only support ESQL as an interface, your database
access code will have to be  written in
    either C or C++

>4.  Is there proven programming paths to follow an get involved faster
>in this environment?
    - Sybase does offer a course entitled Developing Handheld Database
Applications using SQL Anywhere
    Studio
    - we currently have courses scheduled in a number of US locations over
the next couple of months

>Thank you.

0
Rob