See my answers below.
Please Respond to Newsgroups
Lorenzo Mota wrote in message <3753F390.57C9FB4D@minisis.com>...
> I�m a systems engineer from Caracas, Venezuela and I�m interested in
>getting involved in the hanheld world.
>1. Is there any Visual Programming Language from powersoft (I hope
>powerbuilder) that is available for Windows CE?.
- the only Visual Tool I know of at the moment is VB with the WinCE
>2. Is there an ODBC driver for the ultralite version and is easy to
- there is an ODBC driver for the ASA for CE version, but Ultralite is
strictly for embedded sql
- unfortunately, VB does not at this time support generic ODBC or OLEDB
>3. If I use another programming language as a front-end with ultralite
>will be slower the performance.
- since Ultralite only support ESQL as an interface, your database
access code will have to be written in
either C or C++
>4. Is there proven programming paths to follow an get involved faster
>in this environment?
- Sybase does offer a course entitled Developing Handheld Database
Applications using SQL Anywhere
- we currently have courses scheduled in a number of US locations over
the next couple of months