Not a tech question

I am not sure this is the best place to post this question...

We are getting ready to deploy and have some licesing issues...
How many licenses would we need for the current model:
    500 CE Clients (ultralite)
    50 threads on Mobilink

    ASA(?)

How many licenses on ASA does Mobilink take up?
Does mobilink require Concurrent licenses?

Thanks in advance...

Pedro

0
Pedro
6/20/2000 9:26:50 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.ultralite 2982 articles. 0 followers. Follow

That is best answered by your sales rep.
Call 1-800-8-SYBASE, or whatever your local number is (depending on country)

--
David Fishburn
Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions

TechWave 2000 July 30 - August 3 /2000
http://www.sybase.com/techwave2000

Sybase Developers Network
http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm
http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_down_ebf.stm

"Pedro" <pedro@clayton-ids.com> wrote in message
> I am not sure this is the best place to post this question...
>
> We are getting ready to deploy and have some licesing issues...
> How many licenses would we need for the current model:
>     500 CE Clients (ultralite)
>     50 threads on Mobilink
>
>     ASA(?)
>
> How many licenses on ASA does Mobilink take up?
> Does mobilink require Concurrent licenses?
>
> Thanks in advance...
>
> Pedro

0
David

here's a tech question for non-tech
I have not had occasion to want to do this before, so I'm hoping someone can enlighten me. I have an app built in D7, and it's rather complex in its functionality. Is it possible to rebuild the app to run as a service? Would that require separating the user interface from the app? Thanks, Bill William Meyer wrote on 4/22/2010 : > I have not had occasion to want to do this before, so I'm hoping > someone can enlighten me. I have an app built in D7, and it's rather > complex in its functionality. Is it possible to rebuild the app to run > as a service?...

windows ME questions, questions, questions.......
Hi, my next PC will be running Windows ME. The PC will be supplied via my work, so there's no choice here for me (ME?) (I think I would have preferred 98 SE). The harddisk (40GB matrox) will have ME installed, and both the Windows ME set-up files and an image of the initial Harddisk 'on a hidden partition'. Word has it that this partition is not seen by Format nor FDisk. Is this really possible? No Windows CD will be supplied. Seems a new way of MS to encourage working with licensed software only. Anyone familiar with this way of distributing an OS? Will I be able to ...

Question about questions
Name: Edward Newill Email: ernewillatyahoodotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Question about questions Comments: Is there an email address that I can send a question too? I could not find one in the Service area of your site. I would like to know how I create signatures for my Thunderbird email? Best regards, E. Newill Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Ultralite question
I am having a very strange problem. First I am new to ultralite - all my previous work has been done with ASA database. I have converted my code to use the ultralite specific objects for .net and have generated the ultralite schema file from an ASA database. I can create and connect to the database without any issues. I can also retrieve data from the database. The problem is I have to qualify all my column names with the table name. If I SELECT * from a table, into a .net data table, the column names that are stored have the table name . as a prefix. Is this normal for u...

Ultralite Question
I am trying PPB evaluation version, and it is so easy to build a 'Hello World' application to my device. Then I have some questions about PPB : 1. How is the way to make Ultralite DB (.udb) file in the pocket device ? 2. How is the way to connect from the PPB application to ultralite database ? TIA Rob wrote in news:3f9563df.7c74.846930886@sybase.com: > I am trying PPB evaluation version, and it is so easy to > build a 'Hello World' application to my device. > Then I have some questions about PPB : > 1. How is the way to make Ultralite DB (.udb) fil...

i have the question about the ultralite
dear all : i use the ASA7.03 and evc i have the question about Synchronization and Ultralite. my boss want to get the newest information in the pda to use Synchronization. i want to use the "Timer" component to trigger Synchronization with Consolidated database. at the same time,the user will operate the application of the Ultralite ..maybe the user operate the udb file to search or increase the data by"select","insert" or "update" and so on. the .udb file is used the operations between Synchronization and the application. ca...

question on sqlanywhere upgrade
We are upgrading our database from sqlanywhere 5.5.04 to 7. My front end application is developed in PB 5.0.04. I want to know if we upgrade the database to 7, do I need to do anything to the front end code for it to work, or will it automatically work with the new database without any recompile or any modification? Thanks Ram Please do not crosspost. Please review the ASA7 documentation that outlines the new features and behaviour changes. This should help you identify areas where you may be impacted. /ck <Ram_Ramaswamy> wrote in message news:E7B29DEE7811159A0072848...

UltraLite.NET Question
How many developers out there have used UltraLite.NET to build complex applications. I ask the question since I am finding that the incompatibility between the data layer of the UltraLite.NET and ADO.NET make development very difficult. The examples on codeXchange are a good start but do not lead to having real world application if you cannot get things like DataGrid TableStyles working. If anyone does have anything to pass along I would appreciate it. Also if there is a ADO.NET compliant version of UltraLite.NET on some iAnywhere engineer's desk that needs some good beta test...

Ultralite multithreading question
Subject:Ultralite multithreading question Date:10/05/2000 Author:jgugliemino <jgugliemino@my-deja.com> << previous � next >> I am looking at using Ultralite to run as part of an embedded system under VxWorks on a PowerPC. I've just been looking at the doc so far (no coding yet) and came across an important point. I read in the SQL Anywhere doc "UltraLite applications should not be created where multiple threads access the database simultaneously, as multi-threading is not supported" I'd like a quick clarification. Does this mean that I s...

Question about Ultralite Future
Hi, I�m a systems engineer from Caracas, Venezuela and I�m interested in getting involved in the hanheld world. Questions: 1. Is there any Visual Programming Language from powersoft (I hope powerbuilder) that is available for Windows CE?. 2. Is there an ODBC driver for the ultralite version and is easy to get? 3. If I use another programming language as a front-end with ultralite will be slower the performance. 4. Is there proven programming paths to follow an get involved faster in this environment? Thank you. See my answers below. -- ------------------...

SQLAnywhere Raiserror Questions
We're running PB5.0.02 and SQLAnywhere 5.5.00 Build #1073 on NT4.0. We're working on some triggers that will detect various runtime errors. We want to return a meaningful message to the client app. We write our exception handlers to invoke Raiserror and it does indeed look up the appropriate message in SYSUSERMESSAGES and the message is returned to the client. But some things aren't working like the manuals says or as we think they should: 1. According to the manual, Raiserror "...displays a message on the engine or server message window." I have yet to see...

Question UltraLite Support
Dear UltraLite Customer Support, I am interested whether the example in the tutorial C++ Ultralite can be compiled and linked with Embedded Visual C++ Ver. 4.2 ? If yes, which linker options should be applied ? Thank You Best regards Peter Teichert Peter Teichert wrote: > Dear UltraLite Customer Support, Note that these newsgroups are not an official channel into Tech Support. These newsgroups are monitored and answered by a variety of individuals on a *voluteer* basis, including customers, hobbyists (hackers) as well as iAnywhere employees. > I am i...

AppForge and UltraLite question
Hi everybody, I have a error in this tutorial program that I am writing. It's the tutorial to write Appforge Mobile VB application in Ultralite component suite 8.0.2. This is a visual basic 6 program that is connected to table customer and has a GUI form that has couple of textboxes that interacts with columns from this table. Table customer was created with ultralite schema painter, and the vb code is exactly how the tutorial is written, with the path changed according to my database path. The program makes a new .udb file after the first run. However, when I try to i...

Tech question, XP?
How are all of you guys already "owning" WindowsXP? I know there was a beta signup, I signed, back in June, up but MS failed to fulfill my order. and of course I cant seem to get any satisfaction, I cant figure out who to call... I printed out the bill at the end of registration that says thank you and 9.95, and I have written them twice, they responded only once... but that is another rant... Did all of the beta testers get an advanced released copy? I have been seemingly everywhere looking for it and they all still say "Pre Order" and MS has a 10.00 o...

Web resources about - Not a tech question - sybase.sqlanywhere.ultralite

Test opener David Warner questions the need to change Test cricket
Dave Warner understands why the pink ball concept is good for Test cricket but has questioned whether administrators are making unnecessary changes ...

Joe Hockey expected to be appointed to US ambassador post; Opposition questions Malcolm Turnbull's confidence ...
The Opposition questions the expected appointment of Joe Hockey as Australia's next ambassador to the United States.

Question Period Returns: 7 Political Matchups To Watch
Ceremonial traditions turn to raw politics today as the new Liberal government faces its first grilling in question period. The parliamentary ...

Top-Notch, Collegial Firm? 3 Questions To Ask
Biglaw partner turned in-house lawyer Mark Herrmann provides a way to assess whether your firm truly consists of high-quality lawyers who work ...

Tragedies to question, tragedies to ignore
When a white male shoots people, we ask why, but no explanations are needed when the killers are Muslim.

A few questions for Donald Trump regarding his call for a “total and complete shutdown” of Muslim immigration ...
I guess it was only a matter of time: BREAKING: Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United ...

Answers to Your Publishing Questions
Every week over on the BlogHer Writing Lab's Facebook group , we have open threads where people can post questions, give answers, or state what ...

Trump questions Obama's remarks on Muslim-American athletes
The GOP frontrunner live-tweeted President Obama's primetime speech on terrorism

Ask Me Anything: Questions 3 & 4
For your Sunday viewing pleasure, here are the next two questions and answers in my Ask Me Anything series . Question 3 is about an area of physics ...