image size greater than 64k

Hi..

I am using ASA 703 #2046...

Is there any way for ultralite to hold images which has its size greater
than 64k byte??

I believe long varchar & long binary have size limit < 64k... and Is this
true?

Thank you

0
KC
5/16/2002 11:04:31 AM
sybase.sqlanywhere.ultralite 2982 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The 64k limit for the LONG VARCHAR and LONG BINARY datatypes is documented.

UltraLite User's Guide
  APPENDIX A. UltraLite Features and Limitations

UltraLite data types

    So if you wanted to store an image greater than 64k, you would have to
break it up in to 64k chunks and store it in multiple columns.

Robert Waywell
Certified SQL Anywhere Associate
Sybase's iAnywhere Solutions

Please respond ONLY to newsgroup

EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com
 choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to all

To Submit Bug Reports: http://casexpress.sybase.com/cx/cx.stm

SQL Anywhere Studio Supported Platforms and Support Status
http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1002288

"������ (KC Yoo)" <kyoo@sybase.com> wrote in message
> Hi..
>
> I am using ASA 703 #2046...
>
> Is there any way for ultralite to hold images which has its size greater
> than 64k byte??
>
> I believe long varchar & long binary have size limit < 64k... and Is this
> true?
>
> Thank you

0
Robert
 We have generated an ultralite database and want to know how is
easy/difficult the generated database and data is safe ? Our users are
computer literate , but they wont be programmers/developers.This is for
internal use.

TIA
Sujoy

0
Sujoy
10/29/2002 7:04:45 AM
Hi All,
Is it possible to recover data from an udb which has been corrupted?We have
faced udb corruption due to simultaneous access of the database(I know it is
not threadsafe...)

TIA
Sujoy

0
Sujoy
10/29/2002 7:06:24 AM
UltraLite can be as secure as you need it.

See the 8.0.1 Help file:

UltraLite User's Guide
  3. Designing UltraLite Applications
    Configuring and managing database storage
Encrypting UltraLite databases

--
David Fishburn
NEW - Certified ASA Developer Version 8

EBFs and Maintenance Releases
http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm

Developer Community / Whitepapers
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer

CaseXpress - to report bugs
http://casexpress.sybase.com

"Sujoy Mukherjee" <sujoymukherjee@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>  We have generated an ultralite database and want to know how is
> easy/difficult the generated database and data is safe ? Our users are
> computer literate , but they wont be programmers/developers.This is for
> internal use.
>
> TIA
> Sujoy

0
David
10/29/2002 1:59:43 PM
No, but the UltraLite runtime has been thread-safe since the release of
version 8.0.1.

--Jim

0
Jim

getting remote image sizes with image::size lwp
I am trying to get the width and height attributes of jpg's and gif's on a remote server. I have found Image::Size and LWP but am unable to put them together so that I can open an http path (e.g. http://wwwfoobar.com/dirname/dirname/dirname/images/111203.gif) and print out the image size. Any help would be appreciated including where I might go to read more on this. TIA My first attempt that failed: #!/usr/bin/perl # The next few lines use the LWP (Library www perl) module # to read the files via http that each url points to. $the_url =3D 'http://wwwfoobar.com...

DPI & Image size... How can I display an image with a high DPI as large on screen and have it print at its smaller Image size?
I was wondering if anyone could help with this.If I have an image I'm rendering through Bitmap.Save(Response.Outputstream,  ImageFormat.Jpeg)  it's 300 DPI with a WidthxHeight of ~3inch by ~2inch (~1000 X ~700 pixels), How can I display it on screen at its resolution but print it at its widthxheight. In photoshop the image is large on screen and correclty sized on the print out...when i render it in my web app its small on screen and correclty sized on the print out. Thanks.  I have found my problem :¬DPrinting via IE ignores the set resolution and just prints the ...

getting remote image size with Image::Size & LWP
=19 Thank you for your patience and help bringing me up to speed on how to be a better user of this list. My previous post was my first. I am trying to write a script that will use Image::Size module in conjunction with the LWP module to retrieve the height and width attribute of a gif or jpg on a remote server. Below the first script uses the Image::Size module and successfully returns the height and width of an image on the same volume. The second script uses the LWP module and depending on which version of $the_url is used, successfully returns the contents of an html file or an ...

image resize function producing 2 images of same size instead of thumb and large sizes
my code is meant 2 insert 2x images into the database. one medium size, and one thumbnail. unfortunately it seems to be inserting 2x images of the same size into the database. the images are retrieved using and event handler which works fine. i have isolated it to be my resize function:  1 using System; 2 using System.Data; 3 using System.Data.Sql; 4 using System.Data.SqlClient; 5 using System.Configuration; 6 using System.Collections; 7 using System.Web; 8 using System.Web.Security; 9 using System.Web.UI; 10 using System.Web.UI.WebControls; 1...

Creating Thumbnail Images
Hi all, I have a script that uploads an image and creates a thumbnail for it. Ideally this thumbnail would be a smaller filesize but this is not what is happening. I have just uploaded a few images one of which was 378x521px and 11.3Kb. The thumbnail image created from this was 145x200 and 55.5Kb! Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong. I am using the GetThumbnailImage method as such:  System.Drawing.Image myThumbnail = myBitmap.GetThumbnailImage(intThumbWidth, intThumbHeight, myCallBack, IntPtr.Zero);myThumbnail.Save (Server.MapPath(sSavePath + sThumbFile)); Many thank...

Image size
I m getting Image URL from Other Server. I have to get the size of Image URL with out saving .Is It Possible? Please Help Me. please elaborate...Chinna_sv... alagarm:I m getting Image URL from Other Server. I have to get the size of Image URL with out saving .Is It Possible? Hi,I'm not really sure If I follow you but if you wan't to resize the image before saving it then this article below should help you:Resize image BEFORE saving to server Regards,Vinz"Code, Beer and Music" that's my way of being a programmer!How to get your Forum Question Answered | Blog |...

Image size for Image Explorer
What's the maximum size imagethat can be loaded into Image explorer (imgexp.exe)? Thanks -- ========================================================================= Patrick Doherty | United Biscuits (UK) Ltd | ------------------------------------------------------------------------| People ask me why I play with computers at home when I use them at work.| They don't understand--I play with computers at work, too | ======================================...

Problems with a thumbnail image to popup Full-size image (image paths from a database)
I am hoping to get more feedback from entering this in perhaps a more appropriate forum.   Please refer to post   http://forums.asp.net/thread/1540002.aspx   I think I’ve explained what I would like to do but can’t figure out how to successfully code it.   I found it interesting that if I removed the Onclick event, my Bind error goes away.   And changing the Bind to an Eval traded the Bind error for a parser error.   How can I pass the path of the Full size image from my DB to the javascript so that ASP and Java both are OK with the coding?  ...

Get Image Size from New Image
Hi:I have an ASP.net application where I have a dropdown box and it fires an event to load a new image from my  SQL Server 2005 database.  I am able to show the image but would like to show the dimensions as a label but not able to do this. My code looks like this//This works fine - can load the image imgLargePic.ImageUrl = "~/Controls/Fetch_Pic.ashx?ProductPicID=" + iProductPicID + "&Size=Large";//Can't get this to work... - next line of code...lblPicSize.Text=imgLargePic.Width.Value.ToString() + "X" + imgLargePic.Height.ToString();  ...

Image size vs HDD Size
--____KFLPXKTVRFHNMVOZNNBE____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Tue, 18 Dec 2006 04:36:28 -0600" I originally created my image on a 40 GB drive but with Hard Drives = growing we are now getting bigger drives. So when I image PC's with the = bigger drives with my base image it only shows 40 GB available. Is there a = way I can image to the full disk? I'm sure I've seen this before somewhere but can't seem to find it.=20 Thanks --____KFLPXKTVRFHN...

MobiLink Replication of Image data type
Replicating data between ASE15 and ASA9 databases. A particular table existing in both database is of type image can hold pictures and windows movie content etc. We are succesfully loading content up to about 4Mb in size but when replicated from ASE to ASA the content is cut off a 1Mb. Is there a switch/setting we can set to have the entire column successfully replicate? Found the ansa in a different reply from Sybase (in part): The blob was larger than the DefaultLongDataBuffLen (Default Buffer Size for Long Columns) setting in my ODBC DSN (or in the MobiLink connect st...

Images open in new window same size as image only
Hi, I've a page on my website that contains thumbnails of images and when clicked on a new browser window opens with the image showing at full size (whatever that size may be). What I'm trying to do though is get the new window to open up only to the size of the image and no bigger, along with a 'Close' label on the new window. Can any one please help?   Many thanks, James  Doesn't really have much, if anything, to do with ASP.NET, this has to be accomplished with javascript here's a function that can do what you ask:function resizeWindow() {     var iWi...

How About the ability to Limit the size of Images in the Images module?
I would really like to see image sizing in the images module, so that the size of the image height, or depth, or both can be assigned, where not anything is needed to show a full size image, or one or both to limit the size. that would be an easy and really cool thing for the next release!!! mark.Intuition without concept is blind; Concept without intuition is empty -- I. Kant : Critique of Pure ReasonIn the olden days, books were burned. Now the website is shut down.KodHedZ Software Development so how do you adjust size now?Daniel StruveDotNetNuke Houston You got my vote. And ...

Getting image size without loading the image
Hi, is there anywhere an interface to get the image size from a file without loading the whole image? When I want to display a catalog of images in a directory, I also want to display the size of each image, but do not like to load the images. I just want to get the size as fast as possible. Is there an interface available for this purpose? Georg Georg Maa� wrote: > is there anywhere an interface to get the image size from a file without > loading the whole image? That must be a popular thing to do, someone else also asked for that recently. You can use img...

Web resources about - image size greater than 64k - sybase.sqlanywhere.ultralite

Greater Poland Voivodeship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(in Polish , województwo wielkopolskie [vɔjɛˈvut​͡stfɔ vjɛlkɔˈpɔlskʲɛ] ), also known as Greater Poland Voivodeship , is a voivodeship , or province, ...

Potato consumption linked to greater risk of gestational diabetes, study finds
Women who eat more than five servings of potato a week before becoming pregnant are more likely to develop gestational diabetes while carrying ...

WA fires: Waroona blaze closes Greater Bunbury petrol stations
Several petrol stations in Eaton, Australind and Treendale areas near Bunbury have been ordered to stop serving fuel on Thursday afternoon.

Geller: Jihad in America 2015: ‘The Danger to the Homeland Has Never Been Greater’
“The danger to the homeland has never been greater”: so said Michael McCaul, Chairman of the House Committee on Homeland Security, in September ...

Doctorate In Psychology Fulfills Greater Purpose For L.A. Practitioner
... in psychology has opened the door to so many rewarding aspects in the field of mental healthcare,” said Bridget Wilcox. Due to a greater demand ...

Distant but gigantic comets pose greater threat to Earth than asteroids, can wipe out mankind, scientists ...
A team of astronomers from Armagh Observatory and the University of Buckingham warn that these massive comets called &quot;centaurs,&quot; measuring ...

MLK events around Greater Cleveland
cleveland.com MLK events around Greater Cleveland cleveland.com In this March 1965 file photo, Martin Luther King, center, leads a march from ...

‘Four Times Greater Than Solyndra’: DOE Drops 1,200 Pages Of Heavily Redacted Docs On Green Energy Loans ...
‘Four Times Greater Than Solyndra’: DOE Drops 1,200 Pages Of Heavily Redacted Docs On Green Energy Loans

20 Iconic Delis of the Greater New York Area
Eater critic Robert Sietsema lists 20 important Jewish delicatessens in and around New York City. Once Jewish delis were the backbone of the ...

Li Ka-shing stands firm on his charity arm's Greater China focus
EJ Insight Li Ka-shing stands firm on his charity arm's Greater China focus EJ Insight Li Ka-shing (second from right), flanked by Solina ...