i have the question about the ultralite

dear all :

i use the ASA7.03 and evc

i have the question about  Synchronization and Ultralite.

my boss want to get the newest information in the pda to use
Synchronization.

i want to use the "Timer" component to trigger Synchronization with
Consolidated database.

at the same time,the user will operate the application of the Ultralite
..maybe the user operate the udb file to search or increase the data
by"select","insert" or "update"  and so on.

the .udb file is used the operations between Synchronization and  the
application.

can the Ultralite be used by this way at the same time??

BEST REGARDS

0
winson
4/24/2003 8:27:55 AM
sybase.sqlanywhere.ultralite 2982 articles. 0 followers. Follow

winson wrote:
> dear all :
>
> i use the ASA7.03 and evc

 From the ASA 7.0.3 docs:

UltraLite UltraLite Developer's Guide
   PART 2. Developing UltraLite Applications in C/C++
     CHAPTER 10. The Embedded SQL Interface
       The SQL Communication Area

UltraLite applications should not be created where multiple
threads access the database simultaneously, as multi-threading is
not supported.

So it is not possible to be both querying the database and
synchronizing simultaneously.

Multi-thread access has been added to UltraLite in both ASA 8.0
and the upcoming Banff release.

In 8.0, we do support multiple threads accessing the database,
but I don't believe that you can synchronize and access the
database simultaneously.

greg.fenton
--
Greg Fenton
Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions

0
Greg
4/24/2003 3:51:21 PM
thanks for your help

"Greg Fenton" <greg.fenton.NO.SPAM@ianywhere.com>
???????:e2amslnCDHA.322@forums-1-dub...
> winson wrote:
> > dear all :
> >
> > i use the ASA7.03 and evc
> >

>  From the ASA 7.0.3 docs:

> UltraLite UltraLite Developer's Guide
>    PART 2. Developing UltraLite Applications in C/C++
>      CHAPTER 10. The Embedded SQL Interface
>        The SQL Communication Area
>
> UltraLite applications should not be created where multiple
> threads access the database simultaneously, as multi-threading is
> not supported.
>
> So it is not possible to be both querying the database and
> synchronizing simultaneously.
>
> Multi-thread access has been added to UltraLite in both ASA 8.0
> and the upcoming Banff release.
>
> In 8.0, we do support multiple threads accessing the database,
> but I don't believe that you can synchronize and access the
> database simultaneously.
>
> greg.fenton
> --
> Greg Fenton
> Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions
> --------
> Visit the iAnywhere Solutions Developer Community
> Whitepapers, TechDocs, Downloads
> http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/

0
winson
4/25/2003 1:42:04 AM
In the Banff release, you will be able to access your data during
synchronization.  The only limitation is that during the upload, access to
your data is read-only.

    - Alex.

"Greg Fenton" <greg.fenton.NO.SPAM@ianywhere.com> wrote in message
> winson wrote:
> > dear all :
> >
> > i use the ASA7.03 and evc
> >

>  From the ASA 7.0.3 docs:

> UltraLite UltraLite Developer's Guide
>    PART 2. Developing UltraLite Applications in C/C++
>      CHAPTER 10. The Embedded SQL Interface
>        The SQL Communication Area
>
> UltraLite applications should not be created where multiple
> threads access the database simultaneously, as multi-threading is
> not supported.
>
> So it is not possible to be both querying the database and
> synchronizing simultaneously.
>
> Multi-thread access has been added to UltraLite in both ASA 8.0
> and the upcoming Banff release.
>
> In 8.0, we do support multiple threads accessing the database,
> but I don't believe that you can synchronize and access the
> database simultaneously.
>
> greg.fenton
> --
> Greg Fenton
> Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions
> --------
> Visit the iAnywhere Solutions Developer Community
> Whitepapers, TechDocs, Downloads
> http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/

0
Alex

Ultralite question
I am having a very strange problem. First I am new to ultralite - all my previous work has been done with ASA database. I have converted my code to use the ultralite specific objects for .net and have generated the ultralite schema file from an ASA database. I can create and connect to the database without any issues. I can also retrieve data from the database. The problem is I have to qualify all my column names with the table name. If I SELECT * from a table, into a .net data table, the column names that are stored have the table name . as a prefix. Is this normal for u...

Ultralite Question
I am trying PPB evaluation version, and it is so easy to build a 'Hello World' application to my device. Then I have some questions about PPB : 1. How is the way to make Ultralite DB (.udb) file in the pocket device ? 2. How is the way to connect from the PPB application to ultralite database ? TIA Rob wrote in news:3f9563df.7c74.846930886@sybase.com: > I am trying PPB evaluation version, and it is so easy to > build a 'Hello World' application to my device. > Then I have some questions about PPB : > 1. How is the way to make Ultralite DB (.udb) fil...

Ultralite
Is it possible, by any means to open an .udb file from powerbuilder 10.2 either programmatically or from the database painter??? Maybe installing some kind of drivers as an example.. Thanks in advance, Chris ...

Question UltraLite Support
Dear UltraLite Customer Support, I am interested whether the example in the tutorial C++ Ultralite can be compiled and linked with Embedded Visual C++ Ver. 4.2 ? If yes, which linker options should be applied ? Thank You Best regards Peter Teichert Peter Teichert wrote: > Dear UltraLite Customer Support, Note that these newsgroups are not an official channel into Tech Support. These newsgroups are monitored and answered by a variety of individuals on a *voluteer* basis, including customers, hobbyists (hackers) as well as iAnywhere employees. > I am i...

About UltraLite
Dear sirs, I want to gather some information about UltraLite from these forum. 1) What tools or language can develop a UltraLite application? 2) Can you tell me the size of a general UltraLite application? 3) How to calculate the licences fee of a UltraLite database engine and the application? Please help! Thanks in advance, Bill Lui E-mail : luichiming@hotmail.com >1) What tools or language can develop a UltraLite application? UltraLite supports C/C++ and Java. If you are developing for WinCE then the supported compiler is Visual C. If you are developing for t...

UltraLite.NET Question
How many developers out there have used UltraLite.NET to build complex applications. I ask the question since I am finding that the incompatibility between the data layer of the UltraLite.NET and ADO.NET make development very difficult. The examples on codeXchange are a good start but do not lead to having real world application if you cannot get things like DataGrid TableStyles working. If anyone does have anything to pass along I would appreciate it. Also if there is a ADO.NET compliant version of UltraLite.NET on some iAnywhere engineer's desk that needs some good beta test...

Question about Ultralite Future
Hi, I�m a systems engineer from Caracas, Venezuela and I�m interested in getting involved in the hanheld world. Questions: 1. Is there any Visual Programming Language from powersoft (I hope powerbuilder) that is available for Windows CE?. 2. Is there an ODBC driver for the ultralite version and is easy to get? 3. If I use another programming language as a front-end with ultralite will be slower the performance. 4. Is there proven programming paths to follow an get involved faster in this environment? Thank you. See my answers below. -- ------------------...

Ultralite multithreading question
Subject:Ultralite multithreading question Date:10/05/2000 Author:jgugliemino <jgugliemino@my-deja.com> << previous � next >> I am looking at using Ultralite to run as part of an embedded system under VxWorks on a PowerPC. I've just been looking at the doc so far (no coding yet) and came across an important point. I read in the SQL Anywhere doc "UltraLite applications should not be created where multiple threads access the database simultaneously, as multi-threading is not supported" I'd like a quick clarification. Does this mean that I s...

about ultralite
Dear All, Can i develop a ultralite program not using sybase asa database, can i using sql server or oracle directly.. Regards, Hans Hello, > Can i develop a ultralite program not using sybase asa database, > can i using sql server or oracle directly.. I think, you need asa just as a reference database, used by UltraLite, generating the source files etc. But with a working UltraLite application, which has a similar schema like your database (MSSQL, ORA etc.), you can use the MobiLink server to synchronize with. -- Best Regards, Tamas Beri mailto:tamas.beri@leadsys.h...

AppForge and UltraLite question
Hi everybody, I have a error in this tutorial program that I am writing. It's the tutorial to write Appforge Mobile VB application in Ultralite component suite 8.0.2. This is a visual basic 6 program that is connected to table customer and has a GUI form that has couple of textboxes that interacts with columns from this table. Table customer was created with ultralite schema painter, and the vb code is exactly how the tutorial is written, with the path changed according to my database path. The program makes a new .udb file after the first run. However, when I try to i...

UltraLite Schema Painter question
Hi everyone, I've been using the Ultralite Schema Painter to model databases por my Pocket PC device and I wonder if it's possible to create databases schemas from SQL scripts so I don't have to use the "add table" wizard to create each table I want. Thanks a lot, Alejandro Aguilera Vega. BIOSNET M�xico alejandro.aguilera@biosnetmx.com The ulinit utility can be run against an ASA database and generate a schema file based on the table definition in the ASA database. -- Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Sybase Certified Professional - Syb...

MovileVB (Appforge) + Ultralite questions
Greetings, Appforge comes now bundled with the Ultralite technology from ianywhere, a subsidiary of Sybase. The latest Appforge package comes with a trial version of the MOBILINK SERVER, required to Sync data to/from a consolidated DB, however i've managed to get the Anywhere Studio 8.0.2 that fully supports integration with Mobile VB Applications and comes with a licensed Mobilink server. So far, i've read the help files and manuals in order to start the development of mobile apps with true relational DB access for the Palm PDAs and i've succesfully created a...

Ultralite referential integrity question
Subject:Ultralite referential integrity question Date:10/05/2000 Author:jgugliemino <jgugliemino@my-deja.com> << previous � next >> I am looking at using Ultralite to run as part of an embedded system under VxWorks on a PowerPC. I've just been looking at the doc so far (no coding yet) and came across another question. I read in the SQL Anywhere doc that triggers and cascading updates/deletes are not supported in Ultralite. One of the main reasons we're looking at using a db instead of our internal structures/pointers is that we thought the db would ...

Palm Ultralite Efficiency question
I am using v8.0.2.4285 on Win 2000. I am building for PalmOS. I am upgrading a Palm Ultralite application to the current ASA version, and I am trying to optimize someof this old code. This code queries the Customer table for several different pieces of information. So there are 4 different select statements each fetching a different piece of information using the PK. It certainly seems like it would be more efficient to write one function that gets all columns give the PK and then just use the needed column. Replacing the 4 queries that each get 1 column. Is there any draw...

Web resources about - i have the question about the ultralite - sybase.sqlanywhere.ultralite

NEC UltraLite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The product was originally developed by an NEC Japan telecommunications engineering team that was trying to make an inexpensive lightweight terminal ...

1992 GM Ultralite running concept car - YouTube
... the North American Auto Show in Detroit in January 1992, the centerpeace of the General Motors exhibit, the running fully functional GM Ultralite ...

The GM Ultralite — 1400 lbs, 100 MPG, and You Can’t Have It
... and far less well known than it should have been, and we all taste bitter regret at what could have been . This is the case with the GM Ultralite, ...

NEC debuts VersaPro UltraLite VB laptop, Mate MG all-in-one for Japan
Like your computers to be all-business and only available in Japan? Then you might want to take a gander at NEC's latest duo, which includes ...

New Freescale I.MX6 SoCs Include IoT-focused UltraLite
... including new DualPlus and QuadPlus parts featuring enhanced GPUs and expanded memory support, and a new low-end, IoT focused 528MHz UltraLite ...

Portlandia Meets Ad Agency Snobbery This one hits... - 2matts.com
Portlandia Meets Ad Agency Snobbery This one hits a little too close to home. [via: IFC]

Travelers Have Always Expected Suitcases to be Light and Strong - Adweek
Travelers have always expected suitcases to be light and strong

NEC – New business-oriented PC lineup – 12 types (28 models)
... 34.9mm slim body 15.6 inch laptop PC “Versa Pro Type VX” with USB 3.0 built-in and a super light (875g, 14.9mm thin) laptop PC “VersaPro UltraLite ...

BASE Jumping Articles

New Technology Running Shoes : Reebok RealFlex Run Men's
New technology running shoes like these Reebok RealFlex Run Men's "Give your feet the flexibility they deserve. RealFlex sensors work together ...