Database Synchronization (Transfer Database, not tables)...

I wonder what objects do we use the .NET Compact Framework
with the ulnet10.dll to do those database synchronizations
stuffs.

Is the MobLink already included in the ulnet10.dll?

I don't want the synchronization to be about mirroring the
data between teh database on the Mobile/Pda and the PC.  I
just want it to transfer a fresh/new database from the PC to
the PDA via deleting an database on the PDA and put a new
one on the PDA.

The reason is because the database design will continue to
change  such as new tables, dropped field name, etc.

How can this be done?

Thanks...
0
FletchSOD
1/9/2008 10:35:39 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.ultralite 2982 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Comments inline

FletchSOD wrote:
> I wonder what objects do we use the .NET Compact Framework
> with the ulnet10.dll to do those database synchronizations
> stuffs.
>
> Is the MobLink already included in the ulnet10.dll?
Yes. UltraLite (and ulnet10.dll is UltraLite for .NET) includes MobiLink
  functionality. The .NET API is provided through the
iAnywhere.data.ultralite namespace.

> I don't want the synchronization to be about mirroring the
> data between teh database on the Mobile/Pda and the PC.  I
> just want it to transfer a fresh/new database from the PC to
> the PDA via deleting an database on the PDA and put a new
> one on the PDA.

Not sure what you are looking for here, but:

If you want to just copy a database file then you don't need
synchronization - is there a reason you don't just copy the file?
Synchronization is much more efficient in that it sends much less data
to and fro, and it makes sure data is kept in sync (obviously) better
than shipping database files around.

One way MobiLink may is to use it to distribute a separate file using
the ULFileTransfer API
(http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals/sqlanywhere/1001/en/html/uldnen10/dn-ulfiletransfer2-0.html)

Alternatively, UltraLite lets you synchronize database schema changes to
an existing database and apply them. This is a recently reintroduced
feature: if you need to know more please let us know.

Tom Slee
> The reason is because the database design will continue to
> change  such as new tables, dropped field name, etc.
>
> How can this be done?
>
> Thanks...
0
Tom

a little help with transfering table A in Database A into table B in database B
I can't seem to find a good tutorial in transfering data from one table in database a into a different table in database b. The catch is that the fields in the tables don't match exactly. How can I do this? Examples, tutorials, etc are greatly appreciated.Thanks!Graphfixz Data & Web Designhttp://www.graphfixz.com All you need is INSERT INTO with column list that will give you control of how you the the insert into the new database, the other option was to use DTS.  Try the link below for the INSERT INTO statement.  Hope this helps.http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/def...

Table transfer from one Database to another Database
Hi,I want to transfer one table to transfer another table using dataset and writing ASP.NET code, tables are in different databases, and databases are in different servers. I wrote the following code, the second table is empty initially; public DataSet DS1;public DataSet DS2;public SqlDataAdapter DA2; private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e){ // get dataset from database1 and display in gridSqlConnection conn1 = new SqlConnection("server=(local);database=;Uid=;password="); String strSQL1 = "select * from myTable1"; SqlDataAdapter DA1 = new SqlDataAdapter(strSQL1,conn1...

Transfer tables and other contents from access database to sql database
Hi All, can anyone please help me to transfer tables and other contents from access database to sql database? I have access database file, can I also directly convert it into a sql database file? You can upsize your Access database to an SQL Server database (In Access, Tools>>Database Utilities>>Upsize Wizard.... follow the screen. Or you can use SQL Server's Import and Export wizard to import your access database to SQL Server.   You cannot convert your Access database file to SQL Server data file directly.Limno  Read this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/23...

How to transfer the table & its data from one database to another database
Hi I need to transfer the records & strcuture of the table from Database1 to Database2. It is like export/import functionality SQL server. Is there any way to do like this in ASA 8.0.2 B'cos most of the time i need to transfer some of the objects with data from one database to another. Please help me in this regard Thanks in advance Shankar Hi, I am doing this through a few ISQL statements e.g. (connected to db1) SELECT * FROM CUSTOMERS; OUTPUT TO "c:\\tmp\\customers.txt" FORMAT ASCII DELIMITED BY '\x09'; SELECT * FROM SUPPLIERS; OUTPUT...

Replication of consolidated database to remote database; for columns added to a table in the consolidated database.
I want to find out if I add columns to a data table in the consolidated database and then extract it for a remote database. Will the added columns appear in the remote database automatically? or do I have to deploy the extracted remote database by copying it to the remote machine. Currently the consolidated database and the remote database get replicated nightly and they have connections already established. Due to established connections, will the extracted database automatically get deployed to the remote machine with the updated table? Try it, that is the best way to check ...

Link FoxPro Database table to SQL Server Database table
I have LAN Server in witch Visual Foxpro Database reside.I have another remote server in witch SQL Server 2005 installed.I want to link Foxpro table to SQL Server Database Table.Is it possible? Can please someone help? Thanks MS...

copy of table from another database into your database
We copy a table from a progress database into our sql server database that we use as a read-only table.  We perform this action through a job. Is there a way to have a read only table from another database that is put into your database that will always be insinc with the original copy to use as a read only copy, that as the original table is updated, it will proprogate to your copied table? Would setting up a package to import the data from the other database on a schedule work?  In SQL Server, you can do an import and you have the option to save the import as a package and sch...

Copying Database table to another Database
I am using Visual Studio 2005 to connect to a database on a remote SQL2000 server.  I need to copy a table in a database on my local machine up to the server.  How can I do that? Thank you, Do you have enterprise manager or sql management studio?If so do use the Import/Export wizard to copy the table from A to B. -- Sam Critchley"Wise man say 'forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza." - TMNTshivam.com.au no - I have Access 2007 and it is nothing like Access 2000 which made this act easy   Part of my problem is that I am using V...

How to transfer data from a database to another database.
Hi,    I want to transfer some tables and their data from a database to another database so what is the best way of doing..  In the source Database i right click on that table and then gave Script table and then selected Create To and then copied that create table query and pasted it in the destination table..   So is there is way i can get the rows from all of that table.. There are around... 1000 rows or something like that and that database consits of 5 - 6 tables. any help will be appreciated.. Regards, Karen Hi Karen, If you right click on the database...

copy database one database to onther database
hii want to copy one database table to onther database table using script?my database is ms-sql server 2000 Nothing is really over,untill the moment stop trying for it...Amitsp(MCTS,MCP)sqlreporting.blogspot.com You can use import/export task and DTS package created automatically by Enterprise manager or just try  select * INTO [newdatabase].dbo.[newTable] from [sourceDatabase].dbo.[sourcetable]  good luckThanksJPazgier no dear i want to this programatticallyiusing c #,source is my database in local machine and target is other computer means server Nothing is really...

How to copy table from one database to another database ?
Hello to you, I'm uisng pb8 How to copy some rows from customer table in (ABC database) to customer table in (XYZ databases) the selection row is : select * from customer where startdate = 2002-06-15 Please show me the code, step by step steven On Sun, 16 Jun 2002 22:30:37 -0400, steven wrote: >Hello to you, >I'm uisng pb8 > >How to copy some rows from customer table in (ABC database) to customer >table in (XYZ databases) > >the selection row is : >select * from customer where startdate = 2002-06-15 > >Please show me the code...

How to copy a table from one database to another database ?
Hello to you, I'm newbie using pb8.02 I'm uisng ms-access 2000 I'd database abc & xyz that contains customer table I want to copy some record on abc.customer to xyz.customer How ? What is the easy way ? should I using datawindow ? (i meant should I always had dw to got this purpose ? ) please advice steven DataWindow purists will flinch, but I think an embedded SQL INSERT INTO xyz.customer (SELECT ... FROM abc.customer) is the clearest way to do that. Two datawindows/datastores, retrieve the first, RowsCopy, Update on the second will also work. Pi...

Database Painter Does not let me create SqlAnywhere Database
My PC was upgraded to Win NT 4.0 I am using PowerBuilder 6.5 When I open the database Painter I no longer have the option to create a SqlAnywhere database. The ODBC drivers are there and I can connect to existing SqlAnywhere databases. I did notice that I am not able to drop any tables from these dbs in the database painter. Any Info Appreciated. Bob Make sure that the file dbtl50t.dll exists in the sqlanywhere\win32 directory. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. Techwave 20002 www.sybase.com/techwave2002 Session E179 - Advanc...

Copy a table from a mdf Database to a sdf database
Hi I have a mdf database where I have three tables with loads of data which I want to copy paste to an another database which is a sdf one. Can't do simple Copy paste as there is no option of paste. Is there another way? Can anybody help? Thanks    Hi Indrockz, I'm not familiar with SQL Server CE Database(.sdf), but can you update a DataTable into the .sdf? If so, you can copy all the data programmatically. You can read the data from .mdf into a DataTable, and then update the DataTable back into the .sdf. If you have any ideas about the .sdf, please let me know. Than...

Web resources about - Database Synchronization (Transfer Database, not tables)... - sybase.sqlanywhere.ultralite

Synchronization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For linguistic synchrony, see Synchronic analysis . For the X-Files episode, see Synchrony (The X-Files) . Time-keeping and synchronization ...

Synchronization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For linguistic synchrony, see Synchronic analysis . For the X-Files episode, see Synchrony (The X-Files) . Time-keeping and synchronization ...

NOTE-IFY (formed FNotes): colorful notes with Reminders, TextExpander and Dropbox synchronization on ...
Get NOTE-IFY (formed FNotes): colorful notes with Reminders, TextExpander and Dropbox synchronization on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

Paul Weyrich - Goo-Goo Syndrome (proper audio/video synchronization) - YouTube
Paul Weyrich, father of the right-wing movement and co-founder of the Heritage Foundation, Moral Majority and various other groups tells his ...

Making Sense of the Intel Haswell Transactional Synchronization eXtensions
Multi-core and Locking Intel has released additional information on their Transactional Synchronization technology (TSX), which is basically ...

‘Twitterrific’ Update Brings Cross-Device Timeline Synchronization
Twitterrific , one of the most popular Twitter clients for the iPhone and iPad developed by The Iconfactory, received a major update this week ...

Hands on with the new tab synchronization feature in Chrome 19
Google has rolled out a new release of Chrome in the stable channel. The update, version 19, uses the Chrome synchronization framework to introduce ...

Dell adds secure application data synchronization to cloud portfolio
... would offer methods to securely sync sensitive data across disparate cloud services. Called Integration Packs, Dell initially is offering synchronization ...

Workshare Drives Innovation by Extending Secure File Sharing and Synchronization Functionality to Developer ...
Workshare, a leading provider of secure enterprise collaboration applications, today announced it has extended its platform’s advanced file shar ...

Synchronization As A Service
When it comes to files we are beginning to take synchronization as a given. You work on a file at work and through the magic of Dropbox or similar ...