.Net - Determine number of bytes that will be downloaded during ULConnection.Synchorize, before the synchronization begins.

Greetings !!

I know that once the synchonization starts I can use
ULSyncProgressData.ReceivedBytes property. But I want to
determine this before hand. Before the recieving of
datatables actually start.

Any help would be highly appreciable.
0
kapa25985
10/27/2010 10:49:31 AM
sybase.sqlanywhere.ultralite 2982 articles. 0 followers. Follow

vesrion used is 11.0.0

> Greetings !!
>
> I know that once the synchonization starts I can use
> ULSyncProgressData.ReceivedBytes property. But I want to
> determine this before hand. Before the recieving of
> datatables actually start.
>
> Any help would be highly appreciable.
0
kapa25985
10/27/2010 10:52:25 AM
That information is not available in advance of the sync. I assume you
want this to create a percentage based progress bar?

On 10/27/2010 6:49 AM, kapa25985 wrote:
> Greetings !!
>
> I know that once the synchonization starts I can use
> ULSyncProgressData.ReceivedBytes property. But I want to
> determine this before hand. Before the recieving of
> datatables actually start.
>
> Any help would be highly appreciable.

0
Chris
10/27/2010 12:32:51 PM
Thanks Chris,
u got my intentions absolutely correct.

> That information is not available in advance of the sync.
> I assume you  want this to create a percentage based
> progress bar?
>
> On 10/27/2010 6:49 AM, kapa25985 wrote:
> > Greetings !!
> >
> > I know that once the synchonization starts I can use
> > ULSyncProgressData.ReceivedBytes property. But I want to
> > determine this before hand. Before the recieving of
> > datatables actually start.
> >
> > Any help would be highly appreciable.

0
kapa25985
10/28/2010 8:20:27 AM
Making a good sync progress bar is difficult. May I suggest a slight
alternative? Let me know what you think.

I prefer a simple sync progress dialog which shows only the number of bytes
sent and received so far, and some indication of the phase (sending, waiting
for download, committing download etc. -- because some phases involve
periods with no data transfer). These are concepts any user can understand.
As the byte numbers change a user watching the dialog can see how quickly
data is transferring and that progress is being made. I think the user's
main choice when watching the dialog is whether he should wait for the sync
to finish or cancel it - and that is based on whether progress is being made
at an acceptable rate or not. (A similar thing happens when we are waiting
for a web page to load. If there's no change in the progress for a while - a
time we learn from experience - we cancel the request and try again.)

- Tim

<kapa25985> wrote in message news:4cc9324b.880.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Thanks Chris,
> u got my intentions absolutely correct.
>
>> That information is not available in advance of the sync.
>> I assume you  want this to create a percentage based
>> progress bar?
>>
>> On 10/27/2010 6:49 AM, kapa25985 wrote:
>> > Greetings !!
>> >
>> > I know that once the synchonization starts I can use
>> > ULSyncProgressData.ReceivedBytes property. But I want to
>> > determine this before hand. Before the recieving of
>> > datatables actually start.
>> >
>> > Any help would be highly appreciable.

0
Tim
10/28/2010 6:17:20 PM
Thanks for the advise Tim.

> Making a good sync progress bar is difficult. May I
> suggest a slight  alternative? Let me know what you think.
>
> I prefer a simple sync progress dialog which shows only
> the number of bytes  sent and received so far, and some
> indication of the phase (sending, waiting  for download,
> committing download etc. -- because some phases involve
> periods with no data transfer). These are concepts any
> user can understand.  As the byte numbers change a user
> watching the dialog can see how quickly  data is
> transferring and that progress is being made. I think the
> user's  main choice when watching the dialog is whether he
> should wait for the sync  to finish or cancel it - and
> that is based on whether progress is being made  at an
> acceptable rate or not. (A similar thing happens when we
> are waiting  for a web page to load. If there's no change
> in the progress for a while - a  time we learn from
> experience - we cancel the request and try again.)
>
> - Tim
>
> <kapa25985> wrote in message
> > news:4cc9324b.880.1681692777@sybase.com... Thanks Chris,
> > u got my intentions absolutely correct.
> >
> >> That information is not available in advance of the
> sync. >> I assume you  want this to create a percentage
> based >> progress bar?

> to >> > determine this before hand. Before the recieving
> of >> > datatables actually start.

0
kapa25985

UltraLite.NET /VB.NET Synchronization
I am using the UltraLite.NET component to build a sample application that connects to an UltraLite database running on a Windows CE device. I wish to synchronize the UltraLite database with a SQL Server database on a box running WindowsXP/Windows Server 2003. The documentation indicates that I can use several protocols to communicate with my host. In my application, I wish to use ActiveSync and/or TCPIP. I am not clear as to what functions I have to add to my application in order to perform a synchronization. The publication has been created using the UltraLite Schema Pain...

Re: UltraLite.NET /VB.NET Mobilink Synchronization
Phillppe, I am attempting to synchronize an UltraLite database containing a single table with an SQL Server 2000 database using the UltraLite.NET component. I've used the indicated parameters in my sample application. I compiled and deployed the application to a pocketPc device. The application loads. However, when start the sync, it returns the following error: " A managed ULException occurred at application::Run+0xf " Information for synchronization is incomplete or invalid, check' -n/a Which leaves me with the following questions: 1. I k...

Synchronization by GPRS with ultralite using .NET
I am development an application for a Smartphone HTC S620 in VisualStudio.NET 2005 with Ultralite 10. I am using these references: iAnywhere.Data.UltraLite iAnywhere.Data.UltraLite.resources and: ulnet10.dll this is my connection string: private ULConnection ConnUL = new ULConnection(); try { String dbf = "\\Program Files\\SyncUL10\\DataBase.udb"; if (System.IO.File.Exists(dbf)) { ConnUL.ConnectionString = "dbf=" + dbf + ";cache_size=1M&q...

Synchronization by GPRS with ultralite using .NET
I am development an application for a Smartphone HTC S620 in VisualStudio.NET 2005 with Ultralite 10. I am using these references: iAnywhere.Data.UltraLite iAnywhere.Data.UltraLite.resources and: ulnet10.dll this is my connection string: private ULConnection ConnUL = new ULConnection(); try { String dbf = "\\Program Files\\SyncUL10\\DataBase.udb"; if (System.IO.File.Exists(dbf)) { ConnUL.ConnectionString = "dbf=" + dbf + ";cache_size=1M&q...

Synchronization problems with .NET and Ultralite 10
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub45701b00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi. I've build a .NET 1.1 application to synchronize with Ultralite/Mobilink 10, but I'm facing several problems: 1. Instead of the fact that Ultralite supports 4 concurrent connections, I've not seen that working yet. I have four independent threads running in parallel but one waits for the other to terminate in order to begin. 2. I do not have Ultralite installed on this machine to simulate a production ...

you can download asp.net 1.1 but can you download asp.net 2?
hi   where can i download asp.net 2.0 without web developer express?   on a side note, does it come with VS-2K5?   if it does then i wont bother downloading itpwpaust ASP.NET should come with all versions of Visual Studio 2005. http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/products/compare/ You can install ASP.NET by using the aspnet_regiis tool with the -i option. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k6h9cz8h.aspxDarrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! thank you.pwpaust pwpaust: where can i download asp.net 2.0 ...

Download stream of bytes (From ASP.NET to ASP)
Hi people,I belive that I will find much ASP experts here to help me, I'm writing exclusively on .NET and I have no experience in ASP.I have a function (that works in ASP.NET 1.1) and I would translate it to formal ASP.Can anyone help me achive this?This function creates an array of NULL bytes, then response it as binary, so at the end you will be able to download a 3MB data. I'm using this to make some bandwith tests.Note that the "StringBuilder" function is not really relevant for me. The most important thing is that I can stream a binary data.Kind regards,Amine1 Priva...

Net::POP3 -- download only x number of mails
--001636e1fb24446441047aab6b3b Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Hi I am planning to use the Net::POP3 module to downald a mail box and then pass the mails via a parser . I would like to know if the there is a option to downlod only a certin number ( 100 ) of mails [unread] and then mark the mails as read . The mail box sie is 400 mb . And is there a way to keep the mails on the server. -- Regards Agnello D'souza --001636e1fb24446441047aab6b3b-- Agnello George <agnello.dsouza@gmail.com> asked: > I am planning to use the Net::POP3 module to down...

BEGIN: Where download SQLAnywhere 7.0 free?
All! Hello! Help! BEGIN: Where download SQLAnywhere 7.0 free? Ulin Dima, ulin@vtoroy.ru >All! Hello! Help! >BEGIN: Where download SQLAnywhere 7.0 free? Here: http://www.sybase.com/detail/1,3693,1009212,00.html Leo Tohill - Team Sybase >> Please post in newsgroup, not via email << Useful links: Downloads: http://www.sybase.com/developer/mobile/ Submit Bug Reports: http://casexpress.sybase.com/cx/cx.stm?starturl=casemessage.ssc?CASETYPE=Bug ...

Need to download APS.NET 1.1 release but www.asp.net download links not active
I am trying to get a copy of APS.NET 1.1 that was available as a free download for Win 2K servers. When I went to the download site on www.asp.net (http://www.asp.net/download-1.1.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1) the links for downloads do not function. Does anyone know where I can obtain a free copy to evaluate asp.net? Thanks in advance. You can get it directly from the Microsoft website at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=262d25e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&displaylang=en I have already set up the .NET Framework version 1.1 infrastructur...

Downloading files through ASP.NET resulted to 0 bytes
Hi, I just had this problem when I transfered my application to Windows 2003 server. Everything was working under Windows 2000 server until we upgraded to 2003. I think there's nothing wrong with the permission setup coz I made it exactly the same with the old setup. Could this be a bug in the new framework? 2003 is an ENTIRELY different architecture. if your app worked in 2000, that does not mean it will work in 2003. i mean, it will, but you'll have to configure a lot more on the server. how did you port it? what mode is 2003 running in? our sysad is also new to windows 20...

[.Net, CF2.0, Ultralite 10.0] Problem with Synchronization
Hi I have Sybase 9 (buiuld 9.0.2.3320) on my PC. I want use Ultralite 10.0 on my PocketPC (WindowsMobile5). Unfortunatelly synchronization doesn't work:( I'd like to synchronize via Mobilink/ActiveSync4.5 My code: ULConnection ulConn; ULConnectionParms ulConnParms; ULConnection.DatabaseManager.SetActiveSyncListener("myCompany.myApp",this); ulConnParms = new ULConnectionParms(); ulConnParms.DatabaseOnCE = "ultra.udb"; ulConn = new ULConnection(ulConnParms.ToString()); ulConn.Open(); //opening finishs with success ulConn.SyncParms.Version = "Scanne...

When will the official ASP.NET website release Preview 4 for download?
Hi folks,    yep - we all know R4 is up on codeplex and available for all to download. Out of interest, when will it be uploaded to the main www.ASP.net website .. in the mvc download section? cheers!:: Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity ::...

Creating a sql script that will add upload/download scripts to synchronized tables
Hi, So far, I've been using the user interface provided by Sybase Central to add a table script for synchronized tables. I would like to make a single sql file that contains all the scripts for synchornized tables. All the scripts should be executed when this single sql file runs. Will it work if I add all <CALL ml_add_table_script> in one file? CALL ml_add_table_script ( '1', 't1', 'upload_update', ' UPDATE t1 SET non_key_1 = ?, non_key_2 = ? WHERE key_1 = ? AND key_2 = ?' ); CALL ml_add_table_script ( '1', ...

begin connection/download/synchronization scripts fpr MS SQL server 2008
Hi, synchronizing with an ASA consolidated DB I use the following scripts (among others) borrowed from a documentation or tutorial: begin connection script: create variable @LastDownload datetime; create variable @SyncUser varchar(128); begin download script: set @LastDownload = ?; begin synchronization script: set @SyncUser = ?; I want to use this scripts in a MS SQL Server consolidates DB but got errors. Any hints how to rewrite that to work with MS SQL Server 2008? TIA Chris Werner f+s software gmbh Okay, maybe to less information...

Web resources about - .Net - Determine number of bytes that will be downloaded during ULConnection.Synchorize, before the synchronization begins. - sybase.sqlanywhere.ultralite

Synchronization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For linguistic synchrony, see Synchronic analysis . For the X-Files episode, see Synchrony (The X-Files) . Time-keeping and synchronization ...

Synchronization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For linguistic synchrony, see Synchronic analysis . For the X-Files episode, see Synchrony (The X-Files) . Time-keeping and synchronization ...

NOTE-IFY (formed FNotes): colorful notes with Reminders, TextExpander and Dropbox synchronization on ...
Get NOTE-IFY (formed FNotes): colorful notes with Reminders, TextExpander and Dropbox synchronization on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

Paul Weyrich - Goo-Goo Syndrome (proper audio/video synchronization) - YouTube
Paul Weyrich, father of the right-wing movement and co-founder of the Heritage Foundation, Moral Majority and various other groups tells his ...

Making Sense of the Intel Haswell Transactional Synchronization eXtensions
Multi-core and Locking Intel has released additional information on their Transactional Synchronization technology (TSX), which is basically ...

‘Twitterrific’ Update Brings Cross-Device Timeline Synchronization
Twitterrific , one of the most popular Twitter clients for the iPhone and iPad developed by The Iconfactory, received a major update this week ...

Hands on with the new tab synchronization feature in Chrome 19
Google has rolled out a new release of Chrome in the stable channel. The update, version 19, uses the Chrome synchronization framework to introduce ...

Dell adds secure application data synchronization to cloud portfolio
... would offer methods to securely sync sensitive data across disparate cloud services. Called Integration Packs, Dell initially is offering synchronization ...

Workshare Drives Innovation by Extending Secure File Sharing and Synchronization Functionality to Developer ...
Workshare, a leading provider of secure enterprise collaboration applications, today announced it has extended its platform’s advanced file shar ...

Synchronization As A Service
When it comes to files we are beginning to take synchronization as a given. You work on a file at work and through the magic of Dropbox or similar ...