what's the procedure to upgrade SQL remote in the ASE database?

We plan to upgrade SSRemote from version 6 to version 8.0.2 in the ASE 12.5
database on UNIX.  What's the procedure to upgrade SQL remote in the ASE
database?

liy
9/13/2004 8:09:36 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.replication 4591 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The scripts directory of your ASA v802 install will include two SQL files to
upgrade the SQL Remote for ASE tables in your ASE consolidated.  The files
are called ssupdate.sql and squpdate.sql.

The following Whitepaper has a section near the end that discusses upgrading
the SQL Remote tables in your AE database :

Message Agent (ssremote) Cheat Sheet: Understanding SQL Remote for Adaptive
Server Enterprise -
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/technotes/sqlrem_ssrem_cheat.html

--
Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions
Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8

iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
iAnywhere Documentation : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals
ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
   -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio
   -> Set "Platform Preview" and "Time Frame" to ALL

"liy" <li_yuping@bls.gov> wrote in message news:4145fe80@forums-1-dub...
> We plan to upgrade SSRemote from version 6 to version 8.0.2 in the ASE
12.5
> database on UNIX.  What's the procedure to upgrade SQL remote in the ASE
> database?
>
> Thanks

0
Reg
9/14/2004 8:43:43 PM
Reg,

Does the publication, subscription, and remote user need to be recreated
since the script ssupdate.sql and squpdate.sql drop and recreate the system
tables?

Thanks

liy

"Reg Domaratzki" <Spam_bad_rdomarat@ianywhere.com> wrote in message
> The scripts directory of your ASA v802 install will include two SQL files
> upgrade the SQL Remote for ASE tables in your ASE consolidated.  The files
> are called ssupdate.sql and squpdate.sql.
>
> The following Whitepaper has a section near the end that discusses
upgrading
> the SQL Remote tables in your AE database :
>
> Message Agent (ssremote) Cheat Sheet: Understanding SQL Remote for
Adaptive
> Server Enterprise -
> http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/technotes/sqlrem_ssrem_cheat.html
>
> --
> Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions
> Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8
> Please reply only to the newsgroup
>
> iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
> iAnywhere Documentation :
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals
> ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
>    -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio
>    -> Set "Platform Preview" and "Time Frame" to ALL
>
> "liy" <li_yuping@bls.gov> wrote in message news:4145fe80@forums-1-dub...
> > We plan to upgrade SSRemote from version 6 to version 8.0.2 in the ASE
> 12.5
> > database on UNIX.  What's the procedure to upgrade SQL remote in the ASE
> > database?
> >
> > Thanks

0
liy
9/15/2004 4:37:36 PM
ssupdate.sql does not drop and recreate the SQL Remote system tables, only
the stored procedures.

--

"liy" <li_yuping@bls.gov> wrote in message news:41486fd0@forums-1-dub...
> Reg,
>
> Does the publication, subscription, and remote user need to be recreated
> since the script ssupdate.sql and squpdate.sql drop and recreate the
system
> tables?
>
> Thanks
>
> liy
>
> "Reg Domaratzki" <Spam_bad_rdomarat@ianywhere.com> wrote in message
> > The scripts directory of your ASA v802 install will include two SQL
files
> > upgrade the SQL Remote for ASE tables in your ASE consolidated.  The
files
> > are called ssupdate.sql and squpdate.sql.
> >
> > The following Whitepaper has a section near the end that discusses
> upgrading
> > the SQL Remote tables in your AE database :
> >
> > Message Agent (ssremote) Cheat Sheet: Understanding SQL Remote for
> Adaptive
> > Server Enterprise -
> > http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/technotes/sqlrem_ssrem_cheat.html
> >
> > --
> > Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions
> > Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8
> > Please reply only to the newsgroup
> >
> > iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
> > iAnywhere Documentation :
> http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals
> > ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
> >    -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio
> >    -> Set "Platform Preview" and "Time Frame" to ALL
> >
> > "liy" <li_yuping@bls.gov> wrote in message news:4145fe80@forums-1-dub...
> > > We plan to upgrade SSRemote from version 6 to version 8.0.2 in the ASE
> > 12.5
> > > database on UNIX.  What's the procedure to upgrade SQL remote in the
ASE
> > > database?
> > >
> > > Thanks

0
Reg
9/15/2004 5:42:32 PM
Thanks,

liyp

ASE
> > > 12.5
> ASE

0
liy

upgrade ASE database with SQL remote replication
The SQL remote replication is between ASE and ASA database. Does the secondary truncation point need to set 'ignore' before the ASE database is upgraded ? Thanks Yes, correct. You do need to ignore the secondary truncation point with dbcc settrunc( 'ltm', ignore') in the ASE database before upgrading. Of course your log should be totally drained using ssremote -i, before doing that. After successfully upgrading you have to set that back to 'valid' "liy" <LI_YUPING@bls.gov> wrote in message news:%23r8X8U8SDHA.3...

Replication ASE
Hi, How can i replicate data between 2 ASE servers using SQL Remote, because when i use ssxtract it extracts a anywhere database .db. other question is i wanto replicate data via email, is microsoft exchage server enough for this or i'll need other mail server. thanks in advance Joan jmcd wrote in message <37616E0E.91D29322@else.com.pe>... >Hi, > >How can i replicate data between 2 ASE servers using SQL Remote, because >when i use ssxtract it extracts a anywhere database .db. > Hi I try this type of replication. In documentation i d...

replicate local sql advantage db's to ASE
Dear DBA=e9rs, I am not very experienced in my DBA work for Sybase database3s. Anyway I have problems replicating several local sql advantage databases to the central ASE database. SQL advantage is the database a client uses during the day to work with, but all changes should be replicated to the central server during the night. Now this is done by a .com object, but it does not always work. Is there an easy way to make a job that I can schedule in windows95 (yes, very old!) that replicates the local sql advantage to the central ASE database (windows NT)? Thanks in advance! S...

ASE to ASE replication using SQL Remote
Since 11.9.2 comes with SQL Remote, can I use it for replication from ASE to ASE instead of a more expensive Replication Server? ...

ASE to ASE replication using SQL Remote
Since 11.9.2 comes with SQL Remote, can I use it for replication from ASE to ASE instead of a more expensive Replication Server? Yes you can. A couple of considerations: 1) SQL Remote is not intended for near real-time replication. Even with the new hover mode features, you should plan on at least 1 minute latency in each direction. 2) SSXtract does not support automatically extracting a remote ASE database. You will have to manually configure the remote and consolidated databases, including the initial synchronization of data before you start replication. This is certainly...

ASE 11.5.1
Just installed ASE 11.5.1 on Solaris 2.6. Created a 1Gb user database with no problems. When attempting to create objects, receive the following error: Msg 11202, Level 16, State 1: Line 1: Unable to create table 'asdf' because it has no remote storage location defined. Creation of local user tables is allowed only in the master and tempdb databases. CIS is not enabled. sp_helpserver returns the following: > ----- > CTS_XP CTS_XP > NULL > timeouts, no net password encryption, rpc security model A > ...

ASE 11.5.1 local database thinks it's remote
Just installed 11.5.1 on Solaris 2.6. Created a 1Gb user database no problems. When I try to create objects on the new user database I get the following: > Msg 11202, Level 16, State 1: > Line 1: > Unable to create table 'asdf' because it has no remote storage location defined. > Creation of local user tables is allowed only in the master and tempdb > databases. sp_showserver returns: > ----- > CTS_XP CTS_XP > NULL > timeouts, no net password encryption, rpc security model A > > ...

Procedure to upgrade ASE from 12.5.03 to 12.5.3 with SQL-Remote
Are there any special steps which need to be taken care when upgrading Sybase ASE with SQL-Remote from 12.5.03 to 12.5.3? Thanks liy Have you read the on-line article entitled "Upgrading an ASE Server that has implemented SQL Remote Replication" at http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1016103 ? -- Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8 Please reply only to the newsgroup iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer iAnywhere Documentation : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/p...

ASA's 'Current Remote User' equivalent in ASE 12.5 ?

what's difference between Accesss DataBase and Sql Sever about Sql String(or Command),Sql StoreProcedure ?
i am being dirty to Access DataBase from Sql Sever Database for my new work.But the sql string of Access sounds like a little different,can i use  the sql string of SqlSever for Access database,too?another question is: Does Access DataBase support Sql StoreProcedure??? when i worked in Access2000 ,did not see any about StoreProcedure,but i download a file named AccessHelper.cs  , some function of it looks like support StoreProcedure,Does it?  i want to fly ... Hi dkzeng ,Your first question     The string of both sqlsever and acce...

how to control a RadioButtonList's Listitem's text show according database's field
Hi my page has a repeater control,in repeater has a RadioButtonList control now i want to let the RadioButtonList has four Listitem,every Listitem's text is a database's field so the listitem can show dynamic according every record how can i work out my problem thanks a lot  hello dearbound your RadioButtonList to database if i m not clear fell free 4 replySatyabrat SinghB.E.(C.Sc.)Web developer Livetek Solution Dont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. yes.i bound the radiobuttonlist to a dataset but how to display the ...

SQL Anywhere data replication info
Hi, Is there any way of finding out if the data contained in a row of data in a table on a remote database has been replicated to the consolidated database. I'm trying to come up with some way of letting a user edit data which has NOT been replicated \ consolidated yet, and preventing editing data which has already been sent back to the consolidated. Is this information available anywhere in the system tables for instance. Thanks in advance, Regds., Ois�n � Murch� oisino@iol.ie -------------------- >Is there any way of finding out if the data contained in a row o...

How to convert Foxpro Database .DBF to PowerBuiler's SQL Anywhere Database?
Freinds, I'm new of PowerBuilder developing. Here is a question: I have a .DBF database built with Foxpro 2.5 some time ago. Now I have setup a Sybase SQL Anywhere .DB database. they have the same structure definition. But the later has no record content. In PowerBuiler Development Environment, I can view the content of ..DBF database with ODBC. the problem is: How could I import the record content into my Sybase SQL Anywhere .DB database in my program, So with the program I can convert any Foxpro .DBF database into Sybase SQL Anywhere .DB database? My enviroment is: Win...

ASE Replicator or SQL Remote
We have several 11.9.x servers running on RH Linux that we need a simple replication solution for. These severs will be upgraded to 12.5 over a year or so. Rep sever seems overkill. I have been looking at the new ASE Replicator in 12.5 and SQL Remote that was designed for 11.9.x. Here are my questions: If I set up one 12.5 db and use it as the primary database can it publish data to the 11.9.x servers? Is SQL Remote going to be a supported product or is Sybase encouraging users to move to Replicator? Does SQL Remote run on Linux? Which is eaiser, more reliable? T...

Web resources about - what's the procedure to upgrade SQL remote in the ASE database? - sybase.sqlanywhere.replication