Upgrade database (5.5.01 - 5.5.03)

If a db was created in 5.5.01, do we need to run upgrade database if we
upgrade the software to 5.5.03 build 1698 ?

0
pjwarner
1/27/1998 2:41:22 AM
sybase.sqlanywhere.replication 4591 articles. 0 followers. Follow

--------------C63B018AA916E4BCB659330A

The only inconsistances I've seen have been related to the OpenServer
Gateway, which seems to need a 5.5.03 physical store to work.  Any one
else had problems?

Dave Wolf
Sybase Professional Services

pjwarner wrote:

> If a db was created in 5.5.01, do we need to run upgrade database if we
> upgrade the software to 5.5.03 build 1698 ?
--------------C63B018AA916E4BCB659330A

begin:          vcard
fn:             David Wolf
n:              Wolf;David
org:            Sybase Professional Services
adr:            6550 Rock Spring Drive Suite 800;;;Bethesda;MD;20855;USA
email;internet: dwolf@sybase.com
title:          Consultant
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard

--------------C63B018AA916E4BCB659330A--

0
David
1/27/1998 5:55:21 AM
You only need to run DBUPGRAD against a database if you are trying to use a
new feature (that required an upgrade) that was introduced in that
maintenance release.  New features that require an upgrade a very rare.

For most people (ie 99%) upgrading a database is not necessary.
--
David Fishburn
Please only post to the News group.

0
David
1/27/1998 2:46:37 PM
DBUPGRAD is required for 5.5.03 is you are using the Open Server
Gateway.
0
Tom
1/28/1998 12:16:55 PM
Tom Iarusso wrote:

> DBUPGRAD is required for 5.5.03 is you are using the Open Server
> Gateway.

And make sure you back up your database before upgrading it!

You may also need an EBF to 5.5.03 or wait for 5.5.04 rather than
running the DBUPGRAD from 5.5.03 build 1666...  in my case, build 1666
DBUPGRAD busticated DBXTRACT due to collating sequence issues!  I forget
which build this was fixed in, but it was around 1684 or so.
0
David

Upgrade 03.01.00
Hi,Trying to upgrade my site on win 2003 server, but can't get it working. Have upgraded (overwritten the old files with the new ones on the webserver). Have also updated the web.config with machinekeys etc. When I got to:http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/Install/Install.aspx?mode=InstallI get this message:- - -Upgrading DotNetNukeCurrent Assembly Version: 03.01.01Current Database Version: 03.01.00 Upgrade Status Report00:00:00.015 - Upgrading to Version: 3.1.1 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Server Error in '/' Application.-----------------------------...

database upgrade process when upgrading ASA9 database replicating with dbremote
Not sure where I should post this. I have bee doing some testing with SQL Anywhere 10.0.0.2417. I converted my publisher and one of the subscriber databases from ASA 9.0.2.3302. The Publisher and subscriber wer replicating fine when on running ASA 9. I ran the dbunload process on the ASA 9 databases and copied the old database log files into the SQL Anywhere 10 database directories. Now when I attempt to run the Replication process ( dbremote ) I continue to get an error that a log off set is not found "Unable to find log offset 018112048023" I translated...

Upgrading from 02.01.02 to 03.01.00
I am upgrading from 02.01.02 to 03.01.00.  I setup IIS and setup the proper permissions for the DNN directory.  I browsed to localhost\dotnetnuke and the upgrade starts.  Here's the log (sorry it's kind of long): Upgrading DotNetNuke Current Assembly Version: 03.01.00 Current Database Version: 02.01.02 Current Settings Default Provider SqlDataProvider Connection String Server=(local);Database=tld_dnn;uid=sa;pwd=****; .NET Framework Version   1.1.4322.2032 Windows User SATELLITE\ASPNET Host Name satellite Upgrade Status Report00:00:00.015 ...

Upgrading from 02.01.02 to 03.01.00
Posted an upgrade problem on the Getting Started forum. http://forums.asp.net/981009/ShowPost.aspxA few suggestions but nothing has worked yet.  I am posting here hoping that one of the many DNN gurus has some ideas.Thanks,-Mike Well, I am in a pickle.  I realize that open source doesn't mean free support, so would anyone be interested in getting paid to solve my problem?  I'd need an estimate so I can decide if I just want to move my customers out of DNN or pay the piper.-Mike Mike, First things first, please look in Providers\DataProviders\SqlDataProvider folde...

upgrading an ASA database with replication
Hi, I was advised to upgrade an ASA 7 database to 8.02, but as I was about to embark on this process, I realized that this database is involved in replication with another database. What particular steps I need to take to dbunload and reload the database so that I don't lose any non-replicated changes? Best regards, Edgard L. Riba I'd be careful with this, or at least know how replication works. Keep a backup copy of your old database until you are sure the new one is working. You *might* be able to get away with dbunload -ar, or similar such utilities that pre...

How to upgrade database changes in remote databases and consolidated databases
Hi, I am Working in a project which uses Sybase Mobilink server as the replication system. Now I have been given a requirement to automate the upgrade databases chages in remote databases and consolidated database. I heard the about "Passthrough" but I don't know how to use it. I saw below topic in our forum PASSTHROUGH Question. How do I replicate DML ... 1.- Created a Version_Tracking Table (contains columns Unique_Record_ID, DB_Remote_ID, DB_Version, DB_Update_Time_Stamp and DB_Error_Code). 2.- The new Version_Tracking table is part of a publication that...

Upgrading from 7.03 to 9.01
All: We are getting ready to upgrade our ASA version to 9.01 and we currently have about 110 FTP SQLREMOTE users and about 20 Mobilink users in version 7.03. Can these users stay at that version or do they need to be upgraded as well? Also are there any problems I should look out for during the upgrade process? Thanks, Kevin Absolutely! But test it out first!! ;-) The difference between the messages generated by SQL Remote (� l� version 7) and those generated by SQL Remote (� l� version 9) should be miniscule and backward compatable! [I am sure Reg will correctl...

Upgrading replication server and user databases
Hello, I'm reading the install/upgrade replication manuals for 15.0.1. We are now running repserver 12.6. I want to be sure that I have the following facts right : - upgrade of the rssd db (which is in ASE 12.5.3) happens while the replication system is working: repagents stay connected during the upgrade. So there is no data loss during the upgrade, it's not necessary to disallow updates in the primary databases. - Upgrading the replication server and upgrading the user databases are separate processes. I don't necessarily have to upgrade the user d...

Upgrade from 7.01 to 7.03
We are currently running SQLAnywhere 7.01. I have downloaded the latest patch and EBF. We have about 200 clients. Can I safely upgrade the Server w/o upgrading the clients? Then as time permits I will upgrade each of the clients. Or do I need to upgrade the Server and all the clients at one time? Or should I keep the version we are running and not upgrade to 7.03? Thanks in advance. You can mix client & server versions, as long as they are both the client and server are version 6.0 or higher. So yes, you can upgrade your server now and your clients later. You don't nee...

upgrading primary database in replication env
Hi, We have table level replication in one our prod. server. It is getting replicated to multiple targers. User wanted to change this db from existing server to another server due to performance issues. Instead of dropping subscriptions,definitions & connection, can we update rs_idnames table in rssd of id server and rs_databases of prs to simplify our work? Will replication work normally by by doing this? What do you mean by 'another server'? ------------- If your 'new' dataserver will have the same name as the 'old' dataserver, and the databa...

BOClean 01/03/2006 03:38:03 (no text)
Mike -- mrichter@cpl.net http://www.mrichter.com/ ...

upgrade ASE database with SQL remote replication
The SQL remote replication is between ASE and ASA database. Does the secondary truncation point need to set 'ignore' before the ASE database is upgraded ? Thanks Yes, correct. You do need to ignore the secondary truncation point with dbcc settrunc( 'ltm', ignore') in the ASE database before upgrading. Of course your log should be totally drained using ssremote -i, before doing that. After successfully upgrading you have to set that back to 'valid' "liy" <LI_YUPING@bls.gov> wrote in message news:%23r8X8U8SDHA.3...

Using SQLAnywhere replication for sysmetric distributed databases
I know that SQLAnywhere replication is designed for field work. But is it plausible to use it for a symmetric distributed setup of databases. The deal is this: A consolidated database, with 10-20 replicated databases connected via a 64Kb connection. The server running the consolidated database shares out a folder where the replication messages are sent and arrives. The frequency of updated the databases would be probably every minute to keep consistency errors to a minimum. Is this idea in the woods? -- Peter Simonsen Systems developer Ramb�ll, DK When you say: >...

Using SQLAnywhere replication for symetric distributed databases
I know that SQLAnywhere replication is designed for field work. But is it plausible to use it for a symmetric distributed setup of databases. The deal is this: A consolidated database, with 10-20 replicated databases connected via a 64Kb connection. The server running the consolidated database shares out a folder where the replication messages are sent and arrives. The frequency of updated the databases would be probably every minute to keep consistency errors to a minimum. Is this idea completely in the woods? -- Peter Simonsen Systems developer Ramb�ll, DK Peter S...

Upgrade from 7.03.2057 to 9.01
All: We are getting ready to upgrade our ASA 7.03 database to 9.01. Since we have about 130 SQLRemote Users and 10 mobilink users, I can't unload and reload the database into a new 9.01 database.(My assumption) I was going to use the upgrade wizard to just upgrade the .db file. I have tested this in a test environment and didn't seem to have any issues. I'm just wondering is there anything to look out for with SQLRemote and Mobilink users still having a database in the 7.03 format? I have notice Moblink has some schema changes and some new events. Thanks, Kevin...

Web resources about - Upgrade database (5.5.01 - 5.5.03) - sybase.sqlanywhere.replication

ERISA and All Claim databases
... laws, on the books in 18 states, requiring self-insured employers to report data about the prices they pay to “all payer claims databases.” ...

Dodgy database exposes details of 191 million US voters
... years, there's a high chance that your personal details are now out in the wild. Security researcher Chris Vickery found a misconfigured database ...

Sanders’ campaign looses access to N.H. Democratic voter database - The Boston Globe Sanders’ campaign ...
... the presidential campaign of US Senator Bernie Sanders has been denied access to the New Hampshire Democratic Party’s valuable voter database ...

Under pressure, DNC restores Bernie Sanders campaign's access to their database - Videos - CBS News
A strange twist in the race for the democratic presidential nomination: the campaign of Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders has filed a complaint ...

Botched database leaks records for 191 million voters
... sometime this century? If so, your personal info may be out in the open. Researcher Chris Vickery has discovered that a badly configured database ...

OracleVoice: Oracle Challenges SAP On In-Memory Database Claims
Companies that run SAP’s applications should know that most of those applications can perform much better on Oracle Database than on any other ...

Sanders campaign regains access to DNC voter database
Sanders campaign regains access to DNC voter database