SQL remote replication stops

Hello,

I have a problem with SQL Remote replications via FILE (the same with
another message types).

dbremote 7.0.4.3489

dbtran and dblog are not showing any errors. there is no gap/space in log
files.

Remote site is only getting messages from consolidated, but nothing sending
to consolidated. When dbremote starts, it shows correct start of transaction
log, starting scan and finishing without any outcoming message.

Seems like dbremote is not scaning log or checking bad offsets.
..
I. 10/27 15:57:03. Transaction log "c:\test\03101600.LOG" starts at offset
0006864217
I. 10/27 15:57:03. Processing transactions from transaction log
"c:\test\03101600.LOG"
I. 10/27 15:57:04. Execution completed

what to do?

Thank you

0
Piter
10/28/2003 2:30:01 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.replication 4591 articles. 0 followers. Follow

SQL Remote stop replication problem
Hello, I use SQLAnywhere Studio 6.0.2, whith an WinNT server and Win98 Clients. I start SQL Remote in continuos mode with ftp message type, but in severals times it stop replication with the message: Sending message failed Execution completed. Why this happen? Thanks. Jacques Marques jacques@consis.com.br If dbremote is unable to connect to the ftp server or if it loses the connection to the ftp server, then it will report the error and shut down. If you want dbremote to close on completion, then you need to use the -k switch. To get more information about the error...

Replication is not replicating
The new database is added to the replication system but all tables on the RDB are empty. Setreptable is on and there's no uncommitted transaction. It is using default action class and there's no loss detection. Queue is caught up. We turned on "dsi_buf_dump" and it shows on the error log that the transaction executed on the PDB is replicated. However, the table is again empty on the RDB. Log is not full on both RDB and RSSD. Maint user is dbo. What else can I take a look at? PDS and RDS is 11.0.3.3, RS is 11.0.3 I don't remember since what version warm ...

replication stopped due to duplicates on the replicate
Hi there I am wondering if you can help with a reoccurring problem where replication is stopped due to the replicate database complaining about duplicates. First of all, I would like to point out that with the data entry etc. systems we use, it is not possible for the users to enter data twice on the primary database, so it would seem very odd for duplicate transactions to be sent over to the replicated database. The version of ASE we are running (both the PDS and RDS) is as follows: Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.5.0.1/EBF 10423 ESD#2/P/Sun_svr4/OS 5.8/rel12501/1792/32-bit/FB...

Replicating trigger action with SQL remote (SQL/Anywhere)
I need to replicate the actions of a trigger in one of my tables. I've tried to use the -t option when running dbremote, but this still does not replicate the trigger actions. Is there a solution to this problem? I need to replicate the action of the trigger because I'm trying to do the following: I need a sigle unique id for record in a table, and that table may be inserted into at any number of remote databases, and at the consolidated database. I've used an autoincrement column and a current publisher column as the actual unique primary key, and have another column ...

SQL Remote Replication
Anybody tried using SQL remote to do replication between two ASE? I don't need Replication Server just basic replication. since 11.9.2 comes with SQL Remote, I thought why not give it a try! Hi, I just started research on SQL-Anywhere Remote using FILE and MAPI as well. It's a realy nice feature, cause I do update data not so offten. So, just try it out. BTW what means ASE Chriss BH Ong schrieb in Nachricht <01befd97$8f8994c0$7ccdc8c8@virtual-branch>... >Anybody tried using SQL remote to do replication between two ASE? I don't >need Replication Ser...

SQL Remote Replication
I would like to use SQL Remote Replication over a telephone modem connection with a FILE type link. The app I am working on is being written in VB and contains an embedded Sybase DB (i.e. Only the DB and required run time files are distributed). The manuals show a tutorial on one PC, which works fine. It also refers to a simple file transfer mechanism that can be used to exchange files periodically to effect replication. It doesn't say which files should be transferred and to what directories? Does anyone have a specific example on how this can be done? The modem connection ...

SQL Anywhere 8.0.2 SQL Remote FTP replication problems
Hi all, I have a problem setting up the FTP message control parameters with SQL Remote. I use the SET REMOTE FTP OPTION statement to do this. See an example. Considering a remote user with name 'pippo'... SET REMOTE FTP OPTION pippo.host = 'my_host'; SET REMOTE FTP OPTION pippo.user = 'mickey'; SET REMOTE FTP OPTION pippo.password = 'mouse'; SET REMOTE FTP OPTION pippo.root_directory = 'root_dir'; These four statements set FTP parameters for the pippo database user. This means that I want that the user pippo gain access to the replicati...

SQL Remote replication problem
We have an ASA 7.0.3.2046 setup with several branches replicating to and from a consolidated database via SQL Remote. At each end we have the following trigger on one of our tables: alter trigger DBA.tub_item before update on auction.item referencing old as old_upd new as new_upd for each row begin if current remote user is null then set new_upd.last_modified_by=current user; set new_upd.date_last_modified=getdate(*) end if end The problem that sometimes occurs is this. A user updates a field on the item table, which fires the trigger. The update action and the tr...

SQL Remote and ASE Replicator
Hello, Is it possible to use SQL Remote and ASE Replicator on the same database? SQL Remote and Replication Server for example have such capability when you use ssqueue. -- JT Both the ASE replicator and SQL Remote for ASE need to exclusively manage ASE's secondary truncation point in order to identify the oldest data page in syslogs that they need to start scanning from. There is only 1 secondary truncation point, and by the nature of it, it can not be shared between processes to identify more than one page. This is why we included the SSQueue as a solution for an ASE ...

Replication Server and SQL Remote
Hi, I want to know about if anyone is working with Replication Server and DBRemote toghether. I want to use RS to replicate with connected sites (ASE Servers) and DBremote to replicate with disconnected ones (ASA Servers). According with Sybase Support I must put an intermediate ASA server with Rep Agent for ASA working as gateway between disconnected sites and the central site. We are thinking in the following products: * Central Server: ASE 11.9.2 y Replication Server (UnixWare 7.1) * Intermediate Server: ASA with a consolidated DB, and using dbremote. * Remote Sites disconn...

Security in SQL Remote replication
Hi, everybody! Does anyone know, how replication messages (sent via e-mail) are secured? What kind of encoding algorithm is used? Is it safe? Is it dificult to decode messages? Thanks, Tomek The messages are encoded, but not encrypted. The encoding is meant to stop casual viewers from reading the data in your messages, but is no intended to stop serious hackers. If security is a concern, you can always write your own encoding dll. Check out the following section of the manual : Replication and Synchronization Guide PART 3. SQL Remote CHAPTER 18. SQL Remote...

sql remote with replication enterprise
can I run sql remote and replication enterprise on the same machine? My system has 3 units ASA --- ASE --- ASE so the middle one need to replicate with ASA and ASE on the same machine. In order to have SSRemote and the Rep Agent for ASE run on the same database you must use SSQueue. This was available in a 5.5.04 EBF, which also means you must be at least at 5.5.04 of SSRemote. Please contact technical support and ask for an EBF for 5.5.04, including SSQueue. -- David Fishburn Sybase Please post only to the news group. Songrit Leemakdej wrote in message ... >can...

ASA Replication With SQL Remote
We are beginning with a replication among two databases ASA 7.0. We use SQL Remote to achieve that goal. First, we create users publisher and remote, after we create publications and articles. At last we did extract process for create remote database. In each site, we launch Replication Agents using SMTP. Changes in Consolidated Database replicates in Remote Database but changes in Remote Database has no effect on Consolidated Database. Someone can tell us Which are basics troubleshooting for replication using SMTP and SQL Remote? Why Remote Database does not replicate to Co...

ASE Replicator or SQL Remote
We have several 11.9.x servers running on RH Linux that we need a simple replication solution for. These severs will be upgraded to 12.5 over a year or so. Rep sever seems overkill. I have been looking at the new ASE Replicator in 12.5 and SQL Remote that was designed for 11.9.x. Here are my questions: If I set up one 12.5 db and use it as the primary database can it publish data to the 11.9.x servers? Is SQL Remote going to be a supported product or is Sybase encouraging users to move to Replicator? Does SQL Remote run on Linux? Which is eaiser, more reliable? T...