SQL Remote and ASE Replicator

Hello,
Is it possible to use SQL Remote and ASE Replicator on the same database?
SQL Remote and Replication Server for example have such capability when you
use ssqueue.

--
JT

0
JT
12/18/2002 8:28:24 AM
sybase.sqlanywhere.replication 4591 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Both the ASE replicator and SQL Remote for ASE need to exclusively manage ASE's
secondary truncation point in order to identify the oldest data page in syslogs
that they need to start scanning from. There is only 1 secondary truncation
point, and by the nature of it, it can not be shared between processes to
identify more than one page.

This is why we included the SSQueue as a solution for an ASE that is a primary
site for a Rep Srv environment and also participated in a SQL Remote
environment. Essentially, we allowed Rep Srv's rep agent to manage all the
scanning of the ASE t-log and then replicate all the transactions relevant to
SQL Remote to an Open Server called SSQueue.

In this setup, Rep Server exclusively managed the scanning on the log (and
hence the secondary truncation point) and redirected all SQL Remote
transactions to SQL Remote's StableQ via SSQueue.

I am not sure if this can be done with ASE Replicator. I do see that you can
create similiar Rep Def's so it might be possible. I would be interested in
hearing if you have any luck at it.

For info to help you out, refer to the following (I suspect if it is possible,
the Rep Def will be similiar to one used with Rep Server):

SQL Remote User's Guide
    13. Using SQL Remote with Replication Server

--------
Ian Bater
iAnywhere Solutions, Inc.  a Sybase Company
Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8
Please reply only to the newsgroup

JT wrote:

> Hello,
> Is it possible to use SQL Remote and ASE Replicator on the same database?
> SQL Remote and Replication Server for example have such capability when you
> use ssqueue.
>
> --
> JT

Ian
12/18/2002 2:26:01 PM
ASE Replicator uses secondary truncation points in the same way that Rep Server does, so I don't think there should be
much of a problem.

--
Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions
Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8
Please reply only to the newsgroup

iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
   -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio
   -> Set "Platform Preview" and "Time Frame" to ALL

"JT" <jtl@skg.pl> wrote in message news:$xkwxHnpCHA.198@forums.sybase.com...
> Hello,
> Is it possible to use SQL Remote and ASE Replicator on the same database?
> SQL Remote and Replication Server for example have such capability when you
> use ssqueue.
>
> --
> JT

0
Reg

Replication ASE
Hi, How can i replicate data between 2 ASE servers using SQL Remote, because when i use ssxtract it extracts a anywhere database .db. other question is i wanto replicate data via email, is microsoft exchage server enough for this or i'll need other mail server. thanks in advance Joan jmcd wrote in message <37616E0E.91D29322@else.com.pe>... >Hi, > >How can i replicate data between 2 ASE servers using SQL Remote, because >when i use ssxtract it extracts a anywhere database .db. > Hi I try this type of replication. In documentation i d...

ASE to ASE replication using SQL Remote
Since 11.9.2 comes with SQL Remote, can I use it for replication from ASE to ASE instead of a more expensive Replication Server? Yes you can. A couple of considerations: 1) SQL Remote is not intended for near real-time replication. Even with the new hover mode features, you should plan on at least 1 minute latency in each direction. 2) SSXtract does not support automatically extracting a remote ASE database. You will have to manually configure the remote and consolidated databases, including the initial synchronization of data before you start replication. This is certainly...

ASE to ASE replication using SQL Remote
Since 11.9.2 comes with SQL Remote, can I use it for replication from ASE to ASE instead of a more expensive Replication Server? ...

ASE Replicator or SQL Remote
We have several 11.9.x servers running on RH Linux that we need a simple replication solution for. These severs will be upgraded to 12.5 over a year or so. Rep sever seems overkill. I have been looking at the new ASE Replicator in 12.5 and SQL Remote that was designed for 11.9.x. Here are my questions: If I set up one 12.5 db and use it as the primary database can it publish data to the 11.9.x servers? Is SQL Remote going to be a supported product or is Sybase encouraging users to move to Replicator? Does SQL Remote run on Linux? Which is eaiser, more reliable? T...

Replication is not replicating
The new database is added to the replication system but all tables on the RDB are empty. Setreptable is on and there's no uncommitted transaction. It is using default action class and there's no loss detection. Queue is caught up. We turned on "dsi_buf_dump" and it shows on the error log that the transaction executed on the PDB is replicated. However, the table is again empty on the RDB. Log is not full on both RDB and RSSD. Maint user is dbo. What else can I take a look at? PDS and RDS is 11.0.3.3, RS is 11.0.3 I don't remember since what version warm ...

ASE Replicator & SQL Remote
Hi, How do I use ASE Replicator as the consolidated and ASA 6 SQL Remote as the remote? Where can I read notes on this topic or is it same as in the previous version of ASE (using ASE SQL Remote)? Thanks. AFAIK they cannot interact. /steve -- Stephen Rice Technical Services Manager iAnywhere Solutions - Please Post- Whitepapers, TechDocs, and bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere Developer Community at www.ianywhere.com/developer <Liza_A.S> wrote in message news:ACEE1F68940329BC001A644385256C9C.001A645285256C9C@webforums... > Hi, > &g...

Replicate SQL Anywhere Text column to ASE using Replication Server
Hi everyone, Is it possible replicate text column in SQL anywhere 5.5.04 using Replication Agent for SQL Anywhere and Replication Server 11.5 to Adaptive Server Enterprise? TIA Virginia yes. Replication of BLOBs works fine /steve -- Stephen Rice Manager Custom Support Sybase Canada Inc. email: srice@sybase.com virginia cheung wrote in message <01bdf3e7$6ed5c420$010414ac@star>... >Hi everyone, > >Is it possible replicate text column in SQL anywhere 5.5.04 using >Replication Agent for SQL Anywhere and Replication Server 11.5 to Adaptive >Server ...

ASE 11.5 Replication with SQL Remote
Has anybody gotten ASE 11.5 for NT to replicate using SQL Remote ? There seem to be problems using SQL Remote as the agent to replicate between ASE 11.5 nodes ? ...

upgrade ASE database with SQL remote replication
The SQL remote replication is between ASE and ASA database. Does the secondary truncation point need to set 'ignore' before the ASE database is upgraded ? Thanks Yes, correct. You do need to ignore the secondary truncation point with dbcc settrunc( 'ltm', ignore') in the ASE database before upgrading. Of course your log should be totally drained using ssremote -i, before doing that. After successfully upgrading you have to set that back to 'valid' "liy" <LI_YUPING@bls.gov> wrote in message news:%23r8X8U8SDHA.3...

Replication between ASE and MSSQL 6.5 with SQL Remote?
Is there a way to use SQL Remote to do replication between ASE for Linux and MS SQL 6.5? I'm planning on removing the MS SQL Server eventually and using only ASE as our company database. I would like to have both databases mirrored for a period of time (2-3 months) to test them. I know about Replication server but I'm don't want to spend the money if I'll be using only ASE in a couple of months. If it can't be done, does anyone knows of an ODBC or OLE-DB driver that can make request to more than one data source at the same time? Thanks in advance Fawzib Rojas ...

Replicating trigger action with SQL remote (SQL/Anywhere)
I need to replicate the actions of a trigger in one of my tables. I've tried to use the -t option when running dbremote, but this still does not replicate the trigger actions. Is there a solution to this problem? I need to replicate the action of the trigger because I'm trying to do the following: I need a sigle unique id for record in a table, and that table may be inserted into at any number of remote databases, and at the consolidated database. I've used an autoincrement column and a current publisher column as the actual unique primary key, and have another column ...

SQL Remote Replication
Anybody tried using SQL remote to do replication between two ASE? I don't need Replication Server just basic replication. since 11.9.2 comes with SQL Remote, I thought why not give it a try! Hi, I just started research on SQL-Anywhere Remote using FILE and MAPI as well. It's a realy nice feature, cause I do update data not so offten. So, just try it out. BTW what means ASE Chriss BH Ong schrieb in Nachricht <01befd97$8f8994c0$7ccdc8c8@virtual-branch>... >Anybody tried using SQL remote to do replication between two ASE? I don't >need Replication Ser...

SQL Remote Replication
I would like to use SQL Remote Replication over a telephone modem connection with a FILE type link. The app I am working on is being written in VB and contains an embedded Sybase DB (i.e. Only the DB and required run time files are distributed). The manuals show a tutorial on one PC, which works fine. It also refers to a simple file transfer mechanism that can be used to exchange files periodically to effect replication. It doesn't say which files should be transferred and to what directories? Does anyone have a specific example on how this can be done? The modem connection ...

SQL Anywhere 8.0.2 SQL Remote FTP replication problems
Hi all, I have a problem setting up the FTP message control parameters with SQL Remote. I use the SET REMOTE FTP OPTION statement to do this. See an example. Considering a remote user with name 'pippo'... SET REMOTE FTP OPTION pippo.host = 'my_host'; SET REMOTE FTP OPTION pippo.user = 'mickey'; SET REMOTE FTP OPTION pippo.password = 'mouse'; SET REMOTE FTP OPTION pippo.root_directory = 'root_dir'; These four statements set FTP parameters for the pippo database user. This means that I want that the user pippo gain access to the replicati...

Web resources about - SQL Remote and ASE Replicator - sybase.sqlanywhere.replication

3D Replicators - Scan and Print 3D 3DP Models
Replication - 3D Scanning & Printing - 3DP Model Files

Replicator: The Rock Band 2000-2008
(from the liner notes of the Whangbar Province EP) There’s something to be said for a terminus, closure, for having the guts to push the button ...

Replicator (Star Trek) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The term "replicator" originated on Star Trek: The Next Generation , portrayed as a 24th century advancement from the 23rd century "food synthesizer" ...

YouTube - (4) MakerBot Replicator - Model Finishing Tricks - Acetone Wash
Veröffentlicht am 14.04.2012 Made this for anyone polishing or cleaning up their 3D prints. I recently purchased the MakerBot Replicator and ...

3D Printers - MakerBot Replicator - Thinglab, Sculpteo, Shapeways
From rings to spare parts, the solid truth is most things can now be printed, writes Brad Howarth.

Wednesday Evening Open Thread: Mars Needs Replicators!
... c’mon, you couldn’t resist either. From the Washington Post : … Yes, it’s another case of life imitating “Star Trek” (remember the food replicator?). ...

CES: MakerBot Unveils ‘Replicator Mini,’ 3-D Printer with Built-in Camera, ‘Z18′ For Big Objects
... Shop, with co-founder Bre Pettis promising to talk about “a new beginning” and a couple products, including enhancements to the “Replicator” ...

Makerbot Replicator 2
... Commercial VSL PolitickerNJ BetaBeat Events This Week Startup Rundown Rumour Roundup Follow @Betabeat ← MakerBot ‘Levels Up’ with the Replicator ...

Star Trek replicator is closer to reality than you think
In video " Can Nanotechnology Create Utopia? " physicist Michio Kaku talks about the upsides, downsides, insides and outsides of having a replicator ...