Replication sql-anywhere-> Oracle without replication server?

Replication sql-anywhere-> Oracle without replication server?

Anyone got some experience to share?

/Jonas

0
Jonas
8/7/1998 2:58:17 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.replication 4591 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Replication Server is the only way to do this.

--
David Fishburn
Sybase

Jonas Bonde wrote in message ...
>Replication sql-anywhere-> Oracle without replication server?
>
>Anyone got some experience to share?
>
>/Jonas

0
David

Replication is not replicating
The new database is added to the replication system but all tables on the RDB are empty. Setreptable is on and there's no uncommitted transaction. It is using default action class and there's no loss detection. Queue is caught up. We turned on "dsi_buf_dump" and it shows on the error log that the transaction executed on the PDB is replicated. However, the table is again empty on the RDB. Log is not full on both RDB and RSSD. Maint user is dbo. What else can I take a look at? PDS and RDS is 11.0.3.3, RS is 11.0.3 I don't remember since what version warm ...

Replicate SQL Anywhere Text column to ASE using Replication Server
Hi everyone, Is it possible replicate text column in SQL anywhere 5.5.04 using Replication Agent for SQL Anywhere and Replication Server 11.5 to Adaptive Server Enterprise? TIA Virginia yes. Replication of BLOBs works fine /steve -- Stephen Rice Manager Custom Support Sybase Canada Inc. email: srice@sybase.com virginia cheung wrote in message <01bdf3e7$6ed5c420$010414ac@star>... >Hi everyone, > >Is it possible replicate text column in SQL anywhere 5.5.04 using >Replication Agent for SQL Anywhere and Replication Server 11.5 to Adaptive >Server ...

Replication
We are going to be installing AS Enterprise in home office and AS Anywhere in the field. We would like to use an autoincrement key on some tables. Is there a good way to avoid duplicate keys. Also, are there any pitfalls to using the two different servers for replication. TIA Fred. You cannot take advantage of the special IDENTITY data type when creating a replication definition with an ASA db as the subscriber. If you try this, replication of inserts from ASE to ASA will fail, because the rep server will try to issue a "set identity_insert tablename on" comman...

San replication for replication server
Has anyone ever put a replication server on SAN disk with the intention of replication the stable queues and RSSD to a DR sire via SAN replication In other words replicate the entire replication server across the SAN and bring it up whe DR is invoked would there be any datalose on teh stables queues ? any issues David wrote: > Has anyone ever put a replication server on SAN disk with > the intention of replication the stable queues and RSSD to a > DR sire via SAN replication > In other words replicate the entire replication server > across the SAN and bring it up ...

oracle -> Replicating ->oracle
Hi Gurus, Can anybody of you please help me find any documents or any help to find out for requirements and installation/design for using Sybase replication between one oracle data server to another oracle dataserver. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance, Subbu <Subbu> wrote in message news:FE62C669D171E7FF0053424685256B1F.0053425B85256B1F@webforums... > Hi Gurus, > > Can anybody of you please help me find any documents or any help to find > out for requirements and installation/design for using Sybase replication > between one oracle data ser...

SQL Anywhere data replication info
Hi, Is there any way of finding out if the data contained in a row of data in a table on a remote database has been replicated to the consolidated database. I'm trying to come up with some way of letting a user edit data which has NOT been replicated \ consolidated yet, and preventing editing data which has already been sent back to the consolidated. Is this information available anywhere in the system tables for instance. Thanks in advance, Regds., Ois�n � Murch� oisino@iol.ie -------------------- >Is there any way of finding out if the data contained in a row o...

Replication from Anywhere to SQL Server
Hi, I need some help! I've an SqlAnywhere environment under Netware 4.11 (Intranetware) using DBREMOTW.EXE to replicate data from Consolidated database to a Remote one through IPX Protocol using "FILE" Message Type. But I need to replicate data from Consolidated database on SQLAW under Netware to a Remote one on Sybase 11.0.3 under HP-UX 10.0. I know that I must use Replication Server, but how? Works it using "FILE" Message Type or something like this? Thanks a lot, Enrico Barros ...

Bi-directional replication with Replication Server
What are the databases that participate in bi-directional replication with a SQL Anywhere database? I heard that you can replicate only INTO MS SQL Server, but not out (into SQL Anyhwere). Does the same limitation hold for Adaptive Server Enterprize (a.k.a. Sybase SQL Server) or Oracle on NT? Please note that we are developing for Win95/Win NT paltform only. Any feedback is appreciated. Sergey Beyder Inspectech Corp. SQL Anywhere can participate fully and bidirectionally in a Rep Server setup. This means that it can replicate bidirectionally with ASE on all platforms. It can re...

Replication Server 11.5
Simply, can I replicate from 11.9.3 to 11.0.3.3 using Replication Server 11.5, warm standby solution with replication definitions? We are in the process of upgrading our production systems to 11.9.3 from 11.0.3.3. Our current scenerio looks like this: Server A : 11.0.3.3 Production ASE/11.5 RepServer Server B: 11.0.3.3 ASE Server C: 11.0.3.3 ASE 1. Currently replicating Server A --> Server C 2. Upgrade Server B to 11.9.3. 3. Replicate Server A --> Server B ** This is where my question fits in--if a "switch" is needed, can 11.9.3 --> 11.0.3.3? 4. Sto...

Running Replication Server on SQL Anywhere
We are looking to upgrade (to supported versions) a replication system that uses SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 and Replication Server 11.0.3 running on ASE 11.5.1. Is there a version of Rep Server that will run on SQL Anywhere? I cannot find anything on the Sybase web site about it. TIA, Dick Dobbins The current version of SQL Anywhere is called Adaptive Server Anywhere and the latest patch release is version 9.0.2. Yes there is a Replication Agent/Log Transfer Manager available for this version of ASA. I'm not entirely sure that is the question you were asking, let m...

Having two replication servers replicating from one primary
Hi all, Sorry for cluttering this place with questions, but i kinda have so many questions that i need to be answered.. Heres another one.. The primary DB that i am gonna replicate from currently has another replication server replicating from it.. hence it already has been configured and all.. I am gonna have my own rep server to connect to the primary database, so there is gonna be two replication servers connected to the primary DB. The two repservers will be independent of each other The question is, are there any issues that i need to be aware of when i configure to a...

Alternative to replication server two way replication?
Greetings, This may sound crazy, but where I work they are looking to implement two way replication without using replication server. In other words, they want two active systems A and B. They want A to replicate to B and B to replicate to A and are looking for alternatives to replication. Does anyone know if this can be done? Thank you. Jean-Pierre Can it be done? yes Are there any 3rd party products (other than RepServer) that'll do this 'out of the box'? *shrug* Not that I know of. [This just means that *I* don't know of any.] If you want t...

How do you get replication server to create tables at the replicate?
I want to set up replication and have replication server create the replicate table at the replicate. Is this possible at all? look at using warm standby with DDL replication. George <olayinkao> wrote in message news:EE9C0658E518EADB002B119185256BDC.002B119F85256BDC@webforums... > I want to set up replication and have replication server create the > replicate table at the replicate. Is this possible at all? ...

Replicate in Cascade for 3 or more Databases with Replication Server
Hi. We want to make a table-to-table replication schema for 3 or more databases using this architecture: The row is created/modified in the first ASE, then, this row is saved in central ASE using Rep Server, and this central ASE replicate this row to other Remotes ASE's, in a cascade fashion. The replication must be bi-directional, and we want that all ASE's are always synchronised with the same data. We try to do this with 3 ASE's, one origin, one repository and one remote, but the record replicates only to the repository and not to the remote ASE. Anyone knows ...

Web resources about - Replication sql-anywhere-> Oracle without replication server? - sybase.sqlanywhere.replication