Replicating trigger action with SQL remote (SQL/Anywhere)

I need to replicate the actions of a trigger in one of my tables.  I've
tried to use the -t option when running dbremote, but this still does not
replicate the trigger actions.  Is there a solution to this problem?

I need to replicate the action of the trigger because I'm trying to do the
following:
I need a sigle unique id for record in a table, and that table may be
inserted into at any number of remote databases, and at the consolidated
database.  I've used an autoincrement column and a current publisher column
as the actual unique primary key, and have another column that is NULLable
and only set by the consolidated database to that last value used (by
another inserted record as the consolidated DB) plus one.  This update
occurs in a trigger after insertion, which checks whether the current
database is the consolidated database, and if so updated the column.
However, since trigger actions are not replication, the remote databases
don't get their column updated.  What can I do?

Sean Ryan.

0
David
6/23/1998 8:11:50 AM
sybase.sqlanywhere.replication 4591 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I was going to do the exact thing, but Sybase gave me a hand and explained
that Trigger actions cannot replicate when those changes were applied on the
DB that fires the triggers.

David Makepeace wrote in message ...
>I need to replicate the actions of a trigger in one of my tables.  I've
>tried to use the -t option when running dbremote, but this still does not
>replicate the trigger actions.  Is there a solution to this problem?
>
>I need to replicate the action of the trigger because I'm trying to do the
>following:
>I need a sigle unique id for record in a table, and that table may be
>inserted into at any number of remote databases, and at the consolidated
>database.  I've used an autoincrement column and a current publisher column
>as the actual unique primary key, and have another column that is NULLable
>and only set by the consolidated database to that last value used (by
>another inserted record as the consolidated DB) plus one.  This update
>occurs in a trigger after insertion, which checks whether the current
>database is the consolidated database, and if so updated the column.
>However, since trigger actions are not replication, the remote databases
>don't get their column updated.  What can I do?
>

>Sean Ryan.

0
Albert
6/23/1998 5:50:46 PM
Please read the subject "Replicating Trigger Actions and the -t switch from
earlier in the newsgroup.

--
David Fishburn
Sybase

Albert B. wrote in message ...
>I was going to do the exact thing, but Sybase gave me a hand and explained
>that Trigger actions cannot replicate when those changes were applied on
the
>DB that fires the triggers.
>

>David Makepeace wrote in message ...
>>I need to replicate the actions of a trigger in one of my tables.  I've
>>tried to use the -t option when running dbremote, but this still does not
>>replicate the trigger actions.  Is there a solution to this problem?
>>
>>I need to replicate the action of the trigger because I'm trying to do the
>>following:
>>I need a sigle unique id for record in a table, and that table may be
>>inserted into at any number of remote databases, and at the consolidated
>>database.  I've used an autoincrement column and a current publisher
column
>>as the actual unique primary key, and have another column that is NULLable
>>and only set by the consolidated database to that last value used (by
>>another inserted record as the consolidated DB) plus one.  This update
>>occurs in a trigger after insertion, which checks whether the current
>>database is the consolidated database, and if so updated the column.
>>However, since trigger actions are not replication, the remote databases
>>don't get their column updated.  What can I do?
>>

>>Sean Ryan.

0
David

SQL Anywhere 8.0.2 SQL Remote FTP replication problems
Hi all, I have a problem setting up the FTP message control parameters with SQL Remote. I use the SET REMOTE FTP OPTION statement to do this. See an example. Considering a remote user with name 'pippo'... SET REMOTE FTP OPTION pippo.host = 'my_host'; SET REMOTE FTP OPTION pippo.user = 'mickey'; SET REMOTE FTP OPTION pippo.password = 'mouse'; SET REMOTE FTP OPTION pippo.root_directory = 'root_dir'; These four statements set FTP parameters for the pippo database user. This means that I want that the user pippo gain access to the replicati...

Replication sql-anywhere-> Oracle without replication server?
Replication sql-anywhere-> Oracle without replication server? Anyone got some experience to share? /Jonas Replication Server is the only way to do this. -- David Fishburn Sybase Please post only to the news group. Jonas Bonde wrote in message ... >Replication sql-anywhere-> Oracle without replication server? > >Anyone got some experience to share? > >/Jonas > > ...

Replication
We are going to be installing AS Enterprise in home office and AS Anywhere in the field. We would like to use an autoincrement key on some tables. Is there a good way to avoid duplicate keys. Also, are there any pitfalls to using the two different servers for replication. TIA Fred. You cannot take advantage of the special IDENTITY data type when creating a replication definition with an ASA db as the subscriber. If you try this, replication of inserts from ASE to ASA will fail, because the rep server will try to issue a "set identity_insert tablename on" comman...

Replicate SQL Anywhere Text column to ASE using Replication Server
Hi everyone, Is it possible replicate text column in SQL anywhere 5.5.04 using Replication Agent for SQL Anywhere and Replication Server 11.5 to Adaptive Server Enterprise? TIA Virginia yes. Replication of BLOBs works fine /steve -- Stephen Rice Manager Custom Support Sybase Canada Inc. email: srice@sybase.com virginia cheung wrote in message <01bdf3e7$6ed5c420$010414ac@star>... >Hi everyone, > >Is it possible replicate text column in SQL anywhere 5.5.04 using >Replication Agent for SQL Anywhere and Replication Server 11.5 to Adaptive >Server ...

SQL Anywhere data replication info
Hi, Is there any way of finding out if the data contained in a row of data in a table on a remote database has been replicated to the consolidated database. I'm trying to come up with some way of letting a user edit data which has NOT been replicated \ consolidated yet, and preventing editing data which has already been sent back to the consolidated. Is this information available anywhere in the system tables for instance. Thanks in advance, Regds., Ois�n � Murch� oisino@iol.ie -------------------- >Is there any way of finding out if the data contained in a row o...

Multi-Tier replication using SQL Anywhere Remote
Hello! Do you have an idea on how to setup a 2nd remote server that can replicate with the main site? 2nd site has its own set of laptop users using DBREMOTE as well. I am using FILE as message link, and I don't know how to deal with SQLREMOTE in the 2nd site. SETUP DETAILS: - Software: SQL Anywhere Studio 7.03 - Replication method: DBREMOTE.EXE - Message Link: FILE - Server: 1 HQ Server - Client: Several PCs directly using HQ DB Server , some laptops using own DB and replicated daily using DBREMOTE - SQLREMOTE Setting : \\HQ\DBS (This contains the mess...

Multi-Tier replication using SQL Anywhere Remote (Follow up)
Any advise on this? That's my solution fow now. The laptops in the third tier are directly connecting to \\hq\dbs. But since I am using dial up, its clogging up my connection. I am looking for a solution wherein only the server in second site will use the dial up line, and eventually it will communicate these changes to other terminals using LAN. Any ideas? Thanks for your help! "Reg Domaratzki" <no_rdomarat_spam@sybase.com> wrote in message news:tDgi9QqSBHA.71@forums.sybase.com... > Why doesn't the third tier (i.e. laptops from second site...

Replication between SQL Server 11.0.2 and SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3
Does anyone know if exists some document with the details on Replication between Sybase SQL Server 11.0.2 and SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 using Replication Server 11.0.3. I�m having some troubles with this configuration and I�m wondering if I�m doing something wrong. Thanks in advance. ...

SQL Remote Replication
I would like to use SQL Remote Replication over a telephone modem connection with a FILE type link. The app I am working on is being written in VB and contains an embedded Sybase DB (i.e. Only the DB and required run time files are distributed). The manuals show a tutorial on one PC, which works fine. It also refers to a simple file transfer mechanism that can be used to exchange files periodically to effect replication. It doesn't say which files should be transferred and to what directories? Does anyone have a specific example on how this can be done? The modem connection ...

SQL Remote Replication
Anybody tried using SQL remote to do replication between two ASE? I don't need Replication Server just basic replication. since 11.9.2 comes with SQL Remote, I thought why not give it a try! Hi, I just started research on SQL-Anywhere Remote using FILE and MAPI as well. It's a realy nice feature, cause I do update data not so offten. So, just try it out. BTW what means ASE Chriss BH Ong schrieb in Nachricht <01befd97$8f8994c0$7ccdc8c8@virtual-branch>... >Anybody tried using SQL remote to do replication between two ASE? I don't >need Replication Ser...

SQL anywhere Replication
hi, I'm trying to implement SQL(5.5) anywhere replication using SQL REMOTE, I have successfully implemented replication using FILE type Messaging and now I want to implement the same using FTP messaging, whenever i'm trying to RUN dbremote it sayd dbFTP.dll couldn't be loaded, I tried finding this file but couldn't find, can someone please guide me on this. Thanks in anticipation, MAK Please don't cross post. I answered you question on the general newsgroup. -- David Fishburn Certified SQL Anywhere Associate Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions Professional ...

SQL anywhere Replication
hi, I'm trying to implement SQL anywhere replication using SQL REMOTE, I have successfully implemented replication using FILE type Messaging and now I want to implement the same using FTP messaging, whenever i'm trying to RUN dbremote it sayd dbFTP.dll couldn't be loaded, I tried finding this file but couldn't find, can someone please guide me on this. Thanks in anticipation, MAK You should post these to sybase.public.sqlanywhere.replication. It should be in your %ASANY7%\win32 directory. dbftp7.dll In 6.x dbftp.dll Please always include version and build ...

sql remote, replication server
Hi All, I have a main location, where Sybase ASE and most users are sitting, and one secondary locations connected through internet where more users access main database with PowerBuilder applications. Of course, in the secondary location PB applications run slow. People in the secondary location does a lot of read from database, and few updates. I tried web deploy kit, but it is too slow (we need LOTS of stuff on screen, constantly updated). Now I think of having two databases, that are kept synchronized by "something" (e.g. overnight). My question is, what should "s...

sql remote with replication enterprise
can I run sql remote and replication enterprise on the same machine? My system has 3 units ASA --- ASE --- ASE so the middle one need to replicate with ASA and ASE on the same machine. In order to have SSRemote and the Rep Agent for ASE run on the same database you must use SSQueue. This was available in a 5.5.04 EBF, which also means you must be at least at 5.5.04 of SSRemote. Please contact technical support and ask for an EBF for 5.5.04, including SSQueue. -- David Fishburn Sybase Please post only to the news group. Songrit Leemakdej wrote in message ... >can...

Web resources about - Replicating trigger action with SQL remote (SQL/Anywhere) - sybase.sqlanywhere.replication

Self-replicating spacecraft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In theory, a self-replicating spacecraft could be sent to a neighbouring planetary system, where it would seek out raw materials (extracted from ...

Facebook formalizes reciprocity policy and clearly prohibits replicating core features
... this way without making this position explicit in its policies. Now Facebook has put this in writing in section I.10 : Reciprocity and Replicating ...

Border Force: NSW Police Commissioner's doubts over replicating Operation Fortitude
NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione says he would need a &quot;heck of a lot of convincing&quot; before he would ever consider an Operation ...

West Indies spinner Devendra Bishoo modest about replicating Shane Warne's ball of the century
Twenty-two years, to the day, since Shane Warne had left Mike Gatting and world cricket in a spin with his so-called Ball of the Century at Old ...

SugarSync Offers the Best Method Yet for Replicating Files
A new service called SugarSync keeps your files replicated and synchronized across all your computers, whether they are PCs or Macs.

Quest for self-replicating RNA edges closer to life’s possible origin
RNA can't copy itself, but can copy over 200 bases of other RNAs.

The Bookworms Are Replicating: Goodreads’ Membership Has Doubled to 20M
(Photo: Alison Christiana, via Goodreads) Goodreads, the book-focused social network Amazon purchased back in March , just announced that it's ...

Replicating a famous recording single-handedly.
Do you follow an arc from amazement... to finding this man's deep devotion charming... to turn it off — there's something missing that's so important ...

UKRAINE: Gay Couple Attacked While Replicating "Walking While Gay" Video
Via Bird In Flight : Last week the creators of ChebuRussia TV published a video that documented how people in Moscow reacted to two young men ...

Socialcam, A Startup That's Replicating Instagram For Videos, Got 4 Million New Users Last Weekend
Instagram , with 35 million users in two years and a $1 billion exit to Facebook , is a tempting but difficult startup to replicate. A few are ...