Replicating passwords from one remote database to other remote databases

I am attempting to replicate password changes from a remote database to
the consolidated database to all other remote databases.

The reason I am attempting this is we are implementing "multi-user"
remote databases, where a db user created on the consolidated can be on
one or more remote databases.

I want to only allow remote users to change their db passwords, but have
those password changes replicate to all other remote databases.

My initial thought was to have a table that maintained db user name and
encrypted password that would be subscribed to by all remote databases.
The problem I have is how to automate the actual db password change. My
thinking is to use a insert and update trigger on the tablet that would
fire after the event. The problem I have is that cannot embed commit
transaction inside trigger, which is what GRANT CONNECT side effect
performs (automatic commit).

I believe there was an earlier response to message I posted about this
problem. Something along the lines of using .sql files. I do not believe
this is acceptable. I believe I should be able to replicate user changes
to all remote databases. Is this incorrect assumption?

0
David
7/22/1998 8:38:19 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.replication 4591 articles. 0 followers. Follow

David Stockton wrote:

> ---snip---

> My initial thought was to have a table that maintained db user name and
> encrypted password that would be subscribed to by all remote databases.
> The problem I have is how to automate the actual db password change. My
> thinking is to use a insert and update trigger on the tablet that would
> fire after the event. The problem I have is that cannot embed commit
> transaction inside trigger, which is what GRANT CONNECT side effect
> performs (automatic commit).

We implemented something similar except instead of using a trigger, wehave a
stored procedure that is called from our application.  It works fine
except someone or some event has to fire the stored procedure.  In our
next release, we will have a trigger on the user_accounts table that fires
the
stored procedure whenever a user changes their password. It will make the
process "hands-off" administration.

0
Juan

Replication of consolidated database to remote database; for columns added to a table in the consolidated database.
I want to find out if I add columns to a data table in the consolidated database and then extract it for a remote database. Will the added columns appear in the remote database automatically? or do I have to deploy the extracted remote database by copying it to the remote machine. Currently the consolidated database and the remote database get replicated nightly and they have connections already established. Due to established connections, will the extracted database automatically get deployed to the remote machine with the updated table? Try it, that is the best way to check ...

Replication of entire consolidated database to remote database
Hi Friends, i need to replicate the entire consolidated database into remote databse through Mobilink.. can any body suggest me the simpliest way of doing????(what exactly i need is how to make my remote databse should contain same data which my consolidated has...) thanks in advance.... waiting for reply Govada "Nageswara Rao" <tnagesh@i-vantage.com> wrote in news:efRU$hd9CHA.317@forums-1-dub: > i need to replicate the entire consolidated database into remote > databse through Mobilink.. > can any body suggest me the simpliest way of...

How to delete duplicate rows from remote database when they have successfully replicated back to the consolidated database?
Hello, I have a SQL remote replication setup with a central consolidated database and many remote databases. For simplicity sake I have a table called period_sale (sale_code, period_number, sale_amount, branch_id) which participates in replication and the publication to which this table belongs has a SUBSCRIBE BY branch_id. Also the subscription that has been created for each of the remote branch to this publication has a subscription value of branch_id. In other words the subscription for branch_id of HAR001 was created using CREATE SUBSCRIPTION TO pub_dailytrans ('HAR0...

How to upgrade database changes in remote databases and consolidated databases
Hi, I am Working in a project which uses Sybase Mobilink server as the replication system. Now I have been given a requirement to automate the upgrade databases chages in remote databases and consolidated database. I heard the about "Passthrough" but I don't know how to use it. I saw below topic in our forum PASSTHROUGH Question. How do I replicate DML ... 1.- Created a Version_Tracking Table (contains columns Unique_Record_ID, DB_Remote_ID, DB_Version, DB_Update_Time_Stamp and DB_Error_Code). 2.- The new Version_Tracking table is part of a publication that...

Running a script on the remote database during replication...
Hi, Is there a way to run a script on a remote database during replication. I am using SQLAnywhere 10.0.1.3807, mobilink replication server with an ultralite remote database. I need to add a table to a publication (I have that script) but I don't want to touch every handheld to perform the database upgrade. Is there a way to do this during replication? Thank you in advance! Paula > Is there a way to run a script on a remote database during > replication. I am using SQLAnywhere 10.0.1.3807, mobilink > replication server with an ultralite remote database. I &g...

Trigger actions not replicated from the remote database
Hello, In my local remote database there is a update (statement level) and insert (statement level) trigger on a bank_balance table. Everytime an amount relating to a group of records in the bank_balance table changes the corresponding control code amount in the control_codes table is also ammended using the insert or update trigger on the bank_balance table. The table bank_balance and control_codes are part of different publication and are subscribed by the remote user in the remote database. When an amount changes in the bank_balance table I can see the record of the contro...

Setting Replication Options for remote databases
Hi, We are using SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 Base build with no EBF's. We are trying to set the DELETE_OLD_LOGS option to 'ON' for remote users databases. We have applied the following passthrough script to the consolidated database: - Passthrough only for Subscription to "DBA".SystemPublication; Commit; Set option "PUBLIC"."delete_old_logs" = 'ON'; Commit; Passthrough STOP; Commit; The SystemPublication in the above script is one that we have created which is subscribed to by all our remote users. This does not seem to ha...

upgrade ASE database with SQL remote replication
The SQL remote replication is between ASE and ASA database. Does the secondary truncation point need to set 'ignore' before the ASE database is upgraded ? Thanks Yes, correct. You do need to ignore the secondary truncation point with dbcc settrunc( 'ltm', ignore') in the ASE database before upgrading. Of course your log should be totally drained using ssremote -i, before doing that. After successfully upgrading you have to set that back to 'valid' "liy" <LI_YUPING@bls.gov> wrote in message news:%23r8X8U8SDHA.3...

remote-to-remote replication problem
I have a problem replicating item detail from one remote site to another. The data is in two tables, header and detail. A header and its detail are first created. Later, the status of the header is changed, and the change of status allows the header and detail to replicate. A trigger on the header issues an UPDATE ... PUBLICATION on the detail. The test environment is HQ, remote1, and remote2. If this data is created at HQ, it correctly replicates to remote1 and remote2. However, if the data is created at remote1, it correctly replicates to HQ, but only the header data replic...

Is it possible to update a remote database without having the changes replicated?
Is it possible to update a remote database without having the changes replicated? I know this is possible through Passthrough Mode, however the replication has broken, and needs a single record adding to the database to make it work again (to place it back in sync). Is this possible? Thanks for your help Simon Brotherton. (Why do things always work with absolutely no problems what-so-ever before they're released?) >Is it possible to update a remote database without having the changes >replicated? I believe that you can start the engine in bulk mode (-b) and a...

Remove replicated database from the replication enviroment
Hi, I have a testdatabase I now want to completly remove from the replicationenviroment. How do I do that? -PO ...

Server database remote to consolidated database
Dear community, our consolidated database "A" (db not determinated yet) and the database which to be replicated "B" (Oracle) are on different boxes. The Mobilink replication will be done between A and many clients "C". Questions: 1. Is it possible to configure the Mobilink Server to handle this configuration ? 2. If so, does the Mobilink Server pull the data via odbc from the remote database ? 3. If not, would it be possible to use for a replication between A and B the Mobilink Server (the client is A and the server is B) ? This barmy idea b...

Replication strategy for partial database replication
What is the best strategy for the following situation I have a database with 50 tables 20 tables are static and need no replication 15 tables are updateable on the remote site but the data does not need to replicate back to the consolidated database 15 tables need to have two way replication. I create a publication to include the 15 table that neen replication. This works fine. My big issue is in extracting the database to distribute to the remote sites. It seems the extraction utility only extracts the tables that are included in the publication. Currently I duplicate the dat...

Problem with IIS on replicated (remote) database
I have a problem: - A database originally made with ASA 5.0 - Replicated setup in ASA 7.0.2.1493 - Database rebuilt in ASA 7 to allow schema change - Schema changed so that all autoincremented primary keys are segmented (ie ALTER TABLE Wossname MODIFY Some_Id DEFAULT GLOBAL AUTOINCREMENT (2000000); ) to avoid collision between keys at the consolidated and remote site - Replication set up by the book, ie subscriptions and users created, dbinit of new base, unload of relevant tables from the consolidated and reload into new remote base - the usual stuff. - The remote base is suppos...

Web resources about - Replicating passwords from one remote database to other remote databases - sybase.sqlanywhere.replication

Self-replicating machine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A self-replicating machine is a construct that is capable of autonomously manufacturing a copy of itself using raw materials taken from its environment, ...

Facebook formalizes reciprocity policy and clearly prohibits replicating core features
Facebook today amended its platform policy to formalize its stance toward which types of apps can use its data and when. The company clarified ...

Border Force: NSW Police Commissioner's doubts over replicating Operation Fortitude
NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione says he would need a &quot;heck of a lot of convincing&quot; before he would ever consider an Operation ...

West Indies spinner Devendra Bishoo modest about replicating Shane Warne's ball of the century
Twenty-two years, to the day, since Shane Warne had left Mike Gatting and world cricket in a spin with his so-called Ball of the Century at Old ...

SugarSync Offers the Best Method Yet for Replicating Files
A new service called SugarSync keeps your files replicated and synchronized across all your computers, whether they are PCs or Macs.

Bizarre attack infects Linksys routers with self-replicating malware
Researchers say they have uncovered an ongoing attack that infects home and small-office wireless routers from Linksys with self-replicating ...

The Bookworms Are Replicating: Goodreads’ Membership Has Doubled to 20M
(Photo: Alison Christiana, via Goodreads) Goodreads, the book-focused social network Amazon purchased back in March , just announced that it's ...

Replicating a famous recording single-handedly.
Do you follow an arc from amazement... to finding this man's deep devotion charming... to turn it off — there's something missing that's so important ...

Computer-Designed Synthetic Molecule Prevents HIV From Replicating In Cells
The tech site IO9 reports : European researchers have used a computer to design small synthetic molecules capable of attacking the deadly AIDS ...

Socialcam, A Startup That's Replicating Instagram For Videos, Got 4 Million New Users Last Weekend
Instagram , with 35 million users in two years and a $1 billion exit to Facebook , is a tempting but difficult startup to replicate. A few are ...