Replicate SQL Anywhere Text column to ASE using Replication Server

Hi everyone,

Is it possible replicate text column in SQL anywhere 5.5.04 using
Replication Agent for SQL Anywhere and Replication Server 11.5 to Adaptive
Server Enterprise?

TIA
Virginia
0
virginia
10/9/1998 11:38:07 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.replication 4591 articles. 0 followers. Follow

yes.  Replication of BLOBs works fine

/steve

--
Stephen Rice
Manager Custom Support

virginia cheung wrote in message <01bdf3e7$6ed5c420$010414ac@star>...
>Hi everyone,
>
>Is it possible replicate text column in SQL anywhere 5.5.04 using
>Replication Agent for SQL Anywhere and Replication Server 11.5 to Adaptive
>Server Enterprise?
>
>TIA
>Virginia

0
Stephen

Replication is not replicating
The new database is added to the replication system but all tables on the RDB are empty. Setreptable is on and there's no uncommitted transaction. It is using default action class and there's no loss detection. Queue is caught up. We turned on "dsi_buf_dump" and it shows on the error log that the transaction executed on the PDB is replicated. However, the table is again empty on the RDB. Log is not full on both RDB and RSSD. Maint user is dbo. What else can I take a look at? PDS and RDS is 11.0.3.3, RS is 11.0.3 I don't remember since what version warm ...

Replication sql-anywhere-> Oracle without replication server?
Replication sql-anywhere-> Oracle without replication server? Anyone got some experience to share? /Jonas Replication Server is the only way to do this. -- David Fishburn Sybase Please post only to the news group. Jonas Bonde wrote in message ... >Replication sql-anywhere-> Oracle without replication server? > >Anyone got some experience to share? > >/Jonas > > ...

Replication doesn't work from ASE to SA using Replication Server
I have been setup replication between ASE 11.5 and SQL Anywhere using Repliation Server. The primary database is in ASE 11.5 and the replicate database is SQL Anywhere 5.5.04. I have been setup Open gateway for SQL Anyway, create the connection, create replciation definition and subscription. No error show on the Replication Server Manager. But If I inserted/updated/deleted data in the ASE database, no changes will be replicated to the SQL Anywhere database. No queue has been written in the outbound queue for this connection. No error also. Would anyone help me? TIA. On M...

Replicating Text/Image columns from Anywhere to ASE.
Is there any similar procedure to "sp_setrepcol columnname,replicate_if_changed" in Adaptive Server Anywhere for replicating Text/Image/Rawdata from ASA to ASE ? My DSI connection to ASE is going down because 'Function 'rs_get_textptr' for 'tablename' returned no rows. I'm using Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.03, Replication Server 12.1 and Adaptive Server Enterprise 11.9.2.3 Stig B. ASA 6.0.3 is pretty old, in fact the engineering EOL is coming up quite soon. I would suggest trying a current 7.0.3 or 8.0 version, especially since you are usi...

Replication
We are going to be installing AS Enterprise in home office and AS Anywhere in the field. We would like to use an autoincrement key on some tables. Is there a good way to avoid duplicate keys. Also, are there any pitfalls to using the two different servers for replication. TIA Fred. You cannot take advantage of the special IDENTITY data type when creating a replication definition with an ASA db as the subscriber. If you try this, replication of inserts from ASE to ASA will fail, because the rep server will try to issue a "set identity_insert tablename on" comman...

San replication for replication server
Has anyone ever put a replication server on SAN disk with the intention of replication the stable queues and RSSD to a DR sire via SAN replication In other words replicate the entire replication server across the SAN and bring it up whe DR is invoked would there be any datalose on teh stables queues ? any issues David wrote: > Has anyone ever put a replication server on SAN disk with > the intention of replication the stable queues and RSSD to a > DR sire via SAN replication > In other words replicate the entire replication server > across the SAN and bring it up ...

Log Shipping vs. ASE Replicator vs. Replication Server
Dear all, We have recently looked into buying Replication Server, but potentially have decided not to move forward. We are looking into ASE Replicator or Log Shipping instead. What are your thoughts about both strategies (database is about 30 GB in size, can afford up to 2 hour down time, etc.)? We first got a quote for Replication Server and were under the impression that since Replication Server only uses one CPU, you only have to pay for a single CPU license. We just learned today that since we have a 8 CPU server, we will have to pay for a 8 CPU license. They gave us a ...

ASE to ASE replication using SQL Remote
Since 11.9.2 comes with SQL Remote, can I use it for replication from ASE to ASE instead of a more expensive Replication Server? Yes you can. A couple of considerations: 1) SQL Remote is not intended for near real-time replication. Even with the new hover mode features, you should plan on at least 1 minute latency in each direction. 2) SSXtract does not support automatically extracting a remote ASE database. You will have to manually configure the remote and consolidated databases, including the initial synchronization of data before you start replication. This is certainly...

ASE to ASE replication using SQL Remote
Since 11.9.2 comes with SQL Remote, can I use it for replication from ASE to ASE instead of a more expensive Replication Server? ...

dbmaint user error in ASA replication using LTM and replication server
Hi all, I have problem on using the ASA Replication Agent. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. I have installed SQL Anywhere 10.0.1 build 3559, and the Replication Agent Version 10.0.0.2465 I have tried the Tutorial of Replicate data using Replication Server of page 937 to page 945 of the System Admin Guide of ASA 10 (dbdaen10.pdf). When I try to start the LTM with the following command dbltm -S PRIMELTM -C primeltm.cfg The following error with Invalid user ID or password of dbmaint occurs (in DBLTM.log). Based on the tutorial we kept dbmaint ID and password the s...

Joint Replication and WorkSpace V-SIG --- Using WorkSpace with Replication Server
You are invited to attend a joint Replication and WorkSpace V-SIG. The topic: Using WorkSpace with Replication Server. Chris Huston, Replication Development Manger, and Mike Crocker, Engineering Director, will be giving a short presentation and a demo, followed by Q&A. Date: Thur, June 12, 2008 Time: 8:00 PST, 11:00 EST For more information, and connection information see http://my.isug.com/index.php?module=calendar&op=view&sid=591 -- Aryeh Silverberg ISUG Virtual Users Group Director http://...

SQL Anywhere data replication info
Hi, Is there any way of finding out if the data contained in a row of data in a table on a remote database has been replicated to the consolidated database. I'm trying to come up with some way of letting a user edit data which has NOT been replicated \ consolidated yet, and preventing editing data which has already been sent back to the consolidated. Is this information available anywhere in the system tables for instance. Thanks in advance, Regds., Ois�n � Murch� oisino@iol.ie -------------------- >Is there any way of finding out if the data contained in a row o...

Can Replication Server 11.5.1 replicate to ASE 12.0?
Can Replication Server 11.5.1 replicate to ASE 12.0?( as a client) Thanks Shishir. Yes Rob V. "Shishir Mehta" <smehta@worldstreet.com> wrote in message news:39A3DDB7.F957477A@worldstreet.com... > Can Replication Server 11.5.1 replicate to ASE 12.0?( as a client) > Thanks > Shishir. > > ...

Replication from Anywhere to SQL Server
Hi, I need some help! I've an SqlAnywhere environment under Netware 4.11 (Intranetware) using DBREMOTW.EXE to replicate data from Consolidated database to a Remote one through IPX Protocol using "FILE" Message Type. But I need to replicate data from Consolidated database on SQLAW under Netware to a Remote one on Sybase 11.0.3 under HP-UX 10.0. I know that I must use Replication Server, but how? Works it using "FILE" Message Type or something like this? Thanks a lot, Enrico Barros ...

Web resources about - Replicate SQL Anywhere Text column to ASE using Replication Server - sybase.sqlanywhere.replication

Replication (computing) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... in space , i.e. executed on separate devices, or it could be replicated in time , if it is executed repeatedly on a single device. Replication ...

Facebook Slashes Data Replication With HDFS RAID
Avoiding replication is a key component of efficient data storage , and one method Facebook uses to accomplish this task is HDFS RAID , which ...

PolSci Replication (@PolSciReplicate) on Twitter

Encryption in demand for backup and replication: Veeam
When it comes to backup and replication, Veeam has found encryption is one of the most requested feature by businesses.

John Sands Australia cuts data replication time from 14 hours to three
Corporate data replication was taking up to 14 hours to complete at greeting card company John Sands Australia until data acceleration software ...

EMC gives VMware admins the reins to replication and recovery
EMC is putting replication and recovery into the hands of VMware administrators with a software version of its RecoverPoint appliance that's ...

Facebook Slashes Data Replication With HDFS RAID - SocialTimes
Avoiding replication is a key component of efficient data storage , and one method Facebook uses to accomplish this task is HDFS RAID , which ...

rsync.net: ZFS Replication to the cloud is finally here—and it’s fast
As friendly of an online advertisement as you'll find. In mid-August, the first commercially available ZFS cloud replication target became available ...

Violin to bring deduplication, replication, other tools to all-flash storage arrays
Violin Memory plans to add deduplication, thin provisioning, snapshots and other features in a software update for its all-flash storage arrays, ...