remote user frozen on ASE

We have an issue when newly extracted remote ASA database
 generated error message "Missing Message ... " during the
first
replication.

In consolidated ASE database value in
sr_remoteuser.log_sent
 for the corresponding remote user became LESS than
sr_subscription.created  (Is It Possible ?). From this time
poind the
remote user got frozen , there is no changes in 'send' part
of the
table sr_remoteuser. The only way to make rem user working
 again is to run sp_subscription Start. It requires the
database
re-extraction, since the data are lost.

Why did the remote user on  ASE stop working ?
Can the value for the user in  sr_remoteuser.log_sent
be less than  sr_subscription.created?

Thanks,
Yakov
0
Yakov
5/4/2004 9:22:01 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.replication 4591 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It should not be possible for the log_sent value in sr_remoteuser to be less
than sr_subscription created unless the log_sent value is zero.  I'd suggest
you open a call with technical support to get to the bottom of this.  This
issue will require some in depth investigation which isn't very well suited
to a voluntary forum with no guarantees on response time.

--
Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions
Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8

iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
   -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio
   -> Set "Platform Preview" and "Time Frame" to ALL

<Yakov> wrote in message news:40980979.2ef9.1681692777@sybase.com...
> We have an issue when newly extracted remote ASA database
>  generated error message "Missing Message ... " during the
> first
> replication.
>
> In consolidated ASE database value in
> sr_remoteuser.log_sent
>  for the corresponding remote user became LESS than
> sr_subscription.created  (Is It Possible ?). From this time
> poind the
> remote user got frozen , there is no changes in 'send' part
> of the
> table sr_remoteuser. The only way to make rem user working
>  again is to run sp_subscription Start. It requires the
> database
> re-extraction, since the data are lost.
>
> Why did the remote user on  ASE stop working ?
> Can the value for the user in  sr_remoteuser.log_sent
> be less than  sr_subscription.created?
>

> Thanks,
> Yakov

0
Reg

Replication ASE
Hi, How can i replicate data between 2 ASE servers using SQL Remote, because when i use ssxtract it extracts a anywhere database .db. other question is i wanto replicate data via email, is microsoft exchage server enough for this or i'll need other mail server. thanks in advance Joan jmcd wrote in message <37616E0E.91D29322@else.com.pe>... >Hi, > >How can i replicate data between 2 ASE servers using SQL Remote, because >when i use ssxtract it extracts a anywhere database .db. > Hi I try this type of replication. In documentation i d...

ASE to ASE replication using SQL Remote
Since 11.9.2 comes with SQL Remote, can I use it for replication from ASE to ASE instead of a more expensive Replication Server? Yes you can. A couple of considerations: 1) SQL Remote is not intended for near real-time replication. Even with the new hover mode features, you should plan on at least 1 minute latency in each direction. 2) SSXtract does not support automatically extracting a remote ASE database. You will have to manually configure the remote and consolidated databases, including the initial synchronization of data before you start replication. This is certainly...

ASE to ASE replication using SQL Remote
Since 11.9.2 comes with SQL Remote, can I use it for replication from ASE to ASE instead of a more expensive Replication Server? ...

Remote Users and Replication
Please, Does anyone know how to get at the userid/remote id that the subscription is running for ??. We wish to publish from a table that contains information such as below: Book Id Book Name Book Owner 0001 Harrys Game RDS_PUBLISHER 0002 Games of State RDS_PUBLISHER 0003 Patriot Games AGENCY_FRED 0004 Games of War AGENCY_SAM what I would like to do is send to AGENCY_FRED all information created/changed by RDS_PUBLISHER or AGENCY_FRED but not the information contributed by AGENCY_SAM. If AGENCY_FRED and AGENCY_SAM are the respective remote users and RDS_PUBLISH...

SQL Remote and ASE Replicator
Hello, Is it possible to use SQL Remote and ASE Replicator on the same database? SQL Remote and Replication Server for example have such capability when you use ssqueue. -- JT Both the ASE replicator and SQL Remote for ASE need to exclusively manage ASE's secondary truncation point in order to identify the oldest data page in syslogs that they need to start scanning from. There is only 1 secondary truncation point, and by the nature of it, it can not be shared between processes to identify more than one page. This is why we included the SSQueue as a solution for an ASE ...

ASE Replicator or SQL Remote
We have several 11.9.x servers running on RH Linux that we need a simple replication solution for. These severs will be upgraded to 12.5 over a year or so. Rep sever seems overkill. I have been looking at the new ASE Replicator in 12.5 and SQL Remote that was designed for 11.9.x. Here are my questions: If I set up one 12.5 db and use it as the primary database can it publish data to the 11.9.x servers? Is SQL Remote going to be a supported product or is Sybase encouraging users to move to Replicator? Does SQL Remote run on Linux? Which is eaiser, more reliable? T...

Help! Consolodated user in Remote db changing to Remote User
I have no clue how this happened, but all of my remote DBs are reporting the consolodated user as a remote user and transfers cease to work after this occurs... I read a message by Reg Domaratzki that said how to change it back, but this is only when the two DBs are in sync... What caused this and how to I fix it without re-extracting all of my nodes? (~50 nodes) Thanks, Adam Watkins So I am guessing by the lack of response, there is no way to fix this problem without re-extraction... I still have a question though, how did it happen? Does it replicate down automatically...

Replicate Selected Remote User
ASA 6.03 Is there an option on dbremote to replicated only selected Remote users from the consolidated ? I have looked at the option switches but there doesn't seems to be anything for it. The reason why (might be just down to my bad FILE location design) is: We have 1 consolidated database at head office with many remote stores - we connect to the stores over a WAN - But we only have 1 router at our HO which means we can only reach 2 sites at any 1 time. I have placed the consoidated FILE location on the machine at head office, and the remote FILE locations on the machines ...

SQL Remote replication for selected user?
Hi everybody. I need to get answer for the question: SQL Remote replication for selected user - is that possible? In my installation, I have a mobile, remote users (they replicate occassionaly, they come and go) and one user - consolidate user(on higher level of replication). I would like to design replication to run dbremote only for selected user - one of remote users, but not for consolidate user (at the same time). Is that possible? Thanks Sybase 6.0.3.3058 -- Krystian Soba�ski (email : xs@eurosoft.poznan.pl) EuroSoft Pozna� You can run dbremote in send only or...

ASE Replicator & SQL Remote
Hi, How do I use ASE Replicator as the consolidated and ASA 6 SQL Remote as the remote? Where can I read notes on this topic or is it same as in the previous version of ASE (using ASE SQL Remote)? Thanks. AFAIK they cannot interact. /steve -- Stephen Rice Technical Services Manager iAnywhere Solutions - Please Post- Whitepapers, TechDocs, and bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere Developer Community at www.ianywhere.com/developer <Liza_A.S> wrote in message news:ACEE1F68940329BC001A644385256C9C.001A645285256C9C@webforums... > Hi, > &g...

Replicating User Information to remote sites
I have a remote site that can't connect to the database, because they managed to forget the logon they created. I want to create a user at their site with the default user name and default password made during installation (this is a user I made for new nodes) remotely. This node is in Africa, so I can't really get a good enough connection to take over their server. I have made a transfer program that doesn't use the database front end and just does file base transfers without them having to log in. So, if I can write some trigger or something here to create the user, th...

sql-remote between ASE and ASE
hello! sql-remote document don't give us help with replication with ASE and ASE. i need detail how to do it. i use ASE12 + NT4.0 + SQL Remote6.0.2 . i test it in the list 1�� define messagetype : smtp 2�� define use_name :one is publisher,the other is remote user_name 3�� define publisher,publication,subscription 4��execute ssremote.exe to receive or send message I failed at the step of extract database .i don't extract the database . please help me ,tell me the datail of sql-remote confige. Thanks a lot , ...

SQL Remote ASE
hi did anybody know when SQL Remote support blob (image, text) replicacion for ASE - ASE? our company need this feature. joan caceres electro sur este s.a.a. Hello Joan, Support for image and text replication with SQL Remote went in as of ASA 6 mainline, 6.0.01.1256, and SA maintenance 5.5.04 build 1938. Regards, Bob Bauer Sybase Technical Support jmcd wrote: > hi > > did anybody know when SQL Remote support blob (image, text) replicacion for > ASE - ASE? > > our company need this feature. > > joan caceres > electro sur este ...

remote-to-remote replication problem
I have a problem replicating item detail from one remote site to another. The data is in two tables, header and detail. A header and its detail are first created. Later, the status of the header is changed, and the change of status allows the header and detail to replicate. A trigger on the header issues an UPDATE ... PUBLICATION on the detail. The test environment is HQ, remote1, and remote2. If this data is created at HQ, it correctly replicates to remote1 and remote2. However, if the data is created at remote1, it correctly replicates to HQ, but only the header data replic...

Web resources about - remote user frozen on ASE - sybase.sqlanywhere.replication

Microsoft Remote Web Workplace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Remote Web Workplace is a feature of Microsoft's Windows Small Business Server , Windows Home Server 2011 , and the midsize business-focused ...

Police raid elaborate underground hydroponic set-up in remote property
An eight-year-old boy was discovered locked in a tiny room within a shed on a remote property where his family allegedly built one of the most ...

Police raid elaborate underground hydroponic set-up in remote property
An eight-year-old boy was discovered locked in a tiny room within a shed on a remote property where his family allegedly built one of the most ...

Police raid elaborate underground hydroponic set-up in remote property
An eight-year-old boy was discovered locked in a tiny room within a shed on a remote property where his family allegedly built one of the most ...

Police raid elaborate underground hydroponic set-up in remote property
An eight-year-old boy was discovered locked in a tiny room within a shed on a remote property where his family allegedly built one of the most ...

Protect your Siri Remote with the Griffin Survivor Play
As nice as the Siri Remote for the new Apple TV is, it is still far from perfect. Its terribly thin, and just doesnt feel comfortable for long ...

Verizon FiOS Now Has Useful Remote DVR Recording Streaming Feature
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ) FiOS TV app now lets users stream DVR-recorded shows even when they are not at home; Bidness Etc looks ...

Two Remote Australian Communities Add Solar To Their Microgrid
... wastewater services, and electricity. The Australian Government was faced with how to provide basic electricity to these [&hellip Two Remote ...

Joomla patches a critical remote execution bug
The open-source project behind the widely used Joomla content management system has issued a patch for a vulnerability that is now being widely ...

Value of remote power systems expected to total nearly US$200 billion from 2015-2024, says Navigant
The market for remote power provision in regions not served by a traditional, centralized electricity grid is increasing, representing a growing ...