Patching SQLA 5.5.01 to 5.5.04

Patched all clients and remote sites to 5.5.04, and replication
sometimes halts on the Netware server running 5.5.01. So I need to patch
it right? Okay, How! I d/l the patches for server and Replication but am
not getting anywhere with them: I can't get the setup.exe to point to
the Netware system files area as it asks. No matter what I enter as the
path it will insist on deleting c:\sqlany50\win32! Making no mention of
a Netware area--not even in the setup file.

Help.
Andre.
0
Andre
3/31/1999 7:45:18 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.replication 4591 articles. 0 followers. Follow

d/l:

https://support.sybase.com/software/tools/sqlany/maintfls/v5504/netware/nwse5504.zip

and

https://support.sybase.com/software/tools/sqlany/maintfls/v5504/netware/nwlt5504.zip

for Netware v4 but cannot install
0
Andre

Netware 5 with SQLA 5..04 with the EBF for SQLA 5.5.04
After installing this EBF we can now start SQLA on Netware 5 but we have many troubles! (e.g. stoping the DB-engine can abend the Netware-Server, sometimes nobody can't login, ...) Is there any further resolution? Thanks! When you have troubles with an EBF you need to talk directly to Tech Support. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX *********************************************************** Enterprise Applications in Your Future? JumpStart...

5.5.03 or 5.5.04??
I hope this has not been asked to death? But I will be upgrading our test system from 5.5.02 build 1495 to either 5.5.03 or 5.5.04. First is there anything in 03 that is not included in 04? Second, are there any known problems with 04? I'll listen to facts, rumors, opinions, etc. TIA Shannon 5.5.04 seems pretty stable. -- Terry Black HCIA, Inc. e-mail:tblac@hcia.com Shannon Griffith wrote in message ... >I hope this has not been asked to death? But I will be upgrading our test >system from 5.5.02 build 1495 to either 5.5.03 or 5.5.04. First is there >a...

5.5.03 OR 5.5.04 ?
I've just installed the 5.5.04 maint release. On opening my database (created in 5.5), its properties state that the version is 5.5.03. As many have no doubt upgraded to 5.5.04, could someone pls advise if this is 'correct' behaviour? Many thanks in advance -- MAX HUGEN Hugen Enterprises Pty Ltd Email: maxhugen@ozemail.com.au Tel: +612 9560 3061 Fax: +612 9564 5073 >I've just installed the 5.5.04 maint release. On opening my database >(created in 5.5), its properties state that the version is 5.5.03. >As many have no doubt upgraded to 5.5.04, could...

Sql Anywhere 5.5.01 to 5.5.04
Hi everyone, I want to update my SQL anywhere 5.5.01 to a 5.5.04. I went to sybase internet address but I can not found anything. Somebody knows were to found it? Thanks ----------------------------------- Frederic MARGARIDO fred@radiosoft.org Go to http://support.sybase.com/esd/sqlany.html Leo Tohill - Team Powersoft -- Please post in newsgroup, not via email < ...

5.5.04 replication 4-5 times slower than 5.5.02????
In an effort to fix the bouncing delete issue, we moved from 5.5.02 to 5.5.04. Since that time, DBRemote requires about 20 hours to process 200-300 MB of messages. Prior to the move, it would complete execution in 5-6 hours. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks, Tom Jenkins ...

Upgrading 5.5.5 to 6.5.5
I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of any gotcha's or have any advice? LauraB@itdynamics.co.za wrote: > I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of > any gotcha's or have any advice? Not really. Before you upgrade rebuilt the post offices and domains or do at least a validate of the databases. If you are not really experienced I recommend to purchase the caledonia upgrade guide. -- Cheers, Edward ...

upgrade 5.5.04 to 5.5.05
I have build 1982 of 5.5.04 installed and tried to install 5.5.05 over this since there were a lot of bug-fixes. After installation had finished I notised that the installation had not replaced any files. I suspect the reason is that build 1982 of 5.5.04 has newer date (sep. 7. 99) than 5.5.05 (july 22. 99). What is the best version for me to use? If 5.5.05. is the best version, how should i upgrade? Thanks in advance, Lars Yes this is true - we look at file dates Please backup your software, then install 5.5.04 off your CD, then install 5.5.05 patch Lars Inge ...

Moving from 5.5.00 to 5.5.04
All, We are making the move from 5.5.00 to 5.5.04 build # 1888 (A little late but making it none the less). We have been running 5.5.00 from inception and have been plagued by the missing primary key row problem as well as some passthrough problems. We have made some PASSTHROUGH changes to the current publications. To be safe, I am planning on removing all pubs and subscribers at each of the consolidated sights and redoing same after upgrading to 1888. Is there anything special I should do with respect to the consolidated database (Upgrade utility, etc) to ensure I get the best possi...

Upgrading from 5.5.00 to 5.5.04
Greetings everyone I currently have the dubious honour of looking into upgrading our 5.5.00 database to 5.5.04 (the comments I have read in this ng regarding ASA 6 lead me to believe that a greater leap is too dangerous at this time). Our only previous experience of upgrading the database was a move from 5.0.02 to 5.5.00 which resulted in breaking our accounting module leading to numerous fixes and costly retesting. The breakages were mainly due to behavioural changes of the ODBC driver (e.g. in stored procs - not using the result clause for the column names and types for backward ...

SQLA 5.5.04 and Netware 5
Does anyone know whether SQLA 5.5.04 can worked with Netware 5? Thanks in Advance. Fai 5.5.04 requires an EBF to run on Netware 5. Contact Tech Support to get the EBF. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX Hello, and can I get this EBF although I have not Tech Support paid ? Ivo Dostal (gordion@cbnet.cz) Jim Egan wrote: > > 5.5.04 requires an EBF to run on Netware 5. Contact Tech Support to get > the EBF. > -- > Jim Egan [TeamSybase] > Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-d...

Novell 5 and SQLA 5.5.04
Hi all, We are trying to run SQLA 5.5.04 on Novell 5. When loading dbsrv50 using the command load dbsrv50.nlm -ncaresys -xipx the process is 'abending' (??) and giving a critical error in file dbextf50.nlm I have deliberately not loaded any databases to make sure it is not the database files that cause the problem Any ideas? Is there any other info on running SQLA on Novell that I should read? Cheers, Luke Goodfellow CARE SYSTEMS SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 was released before Novell 5 was ever compiled, so we had some problems testing on that operating system ...

Apply SQLAny Runtime 5.5.04 patch to 5.5.03
How do you apply a patch to update a runtime db? I downloaded the 3MB "Update file" I specify a location for the update and it copies files where it pleases. And doesn't upgrade my RT files. My RT files are kept in a different directory than my full version. TIA Greg Pauba >How do you apply a patch to update a runtime db? I downloaded the 3MB >"Update file" I specify a location for the update and it copies files where >it pleases. And doesn't upgrade my RT files. My RT files are kept in a >different directory than my full version. ...

What is the lastest build# of ASA 5.5.04 or ASA 5.5.01?
We are running on Win95 and NewWare. We are using ASA 5.5.01 build 1333 and ASA 5.5.04 build 1867. I Want to get correct infomation about build number of ASA 5.5.01 and ASA 5.5.04. What is the lastest build# of ASA 5.5.04 or ASA 5.5.01? thanks. >We are running on Win95 and NewWare. >We are using ASA 5.5.01 build 1333 and ASA 5.5.04 build 1867. >I Want to get correct infomation about build number of ASA 5.5.01 and ASA >5.5.04. >What is the lastest build# of ASA 5.5.04 or ASA 5.5.01? New builds are created all the time. These are "EBF" builds t...

Upgrade 5.5.5 to 6.5
I'm wondering if I can upgrade my whole backend (MTA & POA's) and then gradually (pick and choose) which clients I want to switch over to the new 6.5 client. Can I do this ? Caledonia's "GW 6.5 Upgrade Guide" says yes, but to watch out for 1) the renamed Sent Items folder and 2) D109 errors opening mail. Has anyone got the #2) error and is it very prominent ? David Schryer SOLGEN You can. The D109 error can happen from time to time. -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independant Experts Novell Support Forums Volenteer Sys...

Web resources about - Patching SQLA 5.5.01 to 5.5.04 - sybase.sqlanywhere.replication

Cost Savings Through Virtual Patching

Patching hole in the net
MANAGEMENT procedures relating to high-profile parolees have been changed after convicted killer Peter Kamm absconded this week while on parole. ...

Fez, Fish and The Problem with Patching
Polytron's Phil Fish lands himself in controversy again - but is Microsoft the real villain?

Oracle settles with FTC over Java’s “deceptive” security patching
Commission faults Oracle's Java SE update process with making consumers' computers insecure.

New cloud platform streamlines device management and patching
... that cut the time needed to assess in half compared with the previous version. With agentless technology, Protect streamlines the patching process ...

Apple could spend much of 2013 patching its big Achilles’ heel: Web services
Let’s face it: Apple’s ( AAPL ) Maps fiasco wouldn’t have been such a big deal if it were just a one-time mistake. But as AllThingsD’s John Paczkowski ...

Patching the Voting Rights Act by @BloggersRUs
Patching the Voting Rights Act by Tom Sullivan The hole the Supreme Court's 2013 Shelby County v. Holder ruling blew in the Voting Rights Act ...

Senate tires of patching highway programs
SFGate Senate tires of patching highway programs Businessweek WASHINGTON (AP) — The Senate delivered an unexpectedly strong vote Tuesday in ...

Patching Cracks Between Different Materials Is Touchy
Q-The steps leading to our basement from the outside are steel and at the bottom meet a single concrete step. The crack between steel and concrete ...

Microsoft: Patching Windows 2000 'Infeasible'
Microsoft took the unusual step today and skipped patching one of the vulnerabilities addressed in its monthly security update, an omission that ...