FTP replication using a static IP address instead of a host name

Previously I have been using a host name (xxxx.xxxx.com) in my FTP
replication. This work perfectly fine.
Due to certain circumstances I now need to use a static IP (i.e.
111.111.11.11) I placed this in the registry
and now all I get when I try to replicate is the FTP dialog prompting
for HOST,USER,PASSWORD,STARTUP
directory. Does anyone have an idea on what could be wrong? I am using
5.5.04 build 1867

Thanks
TPS

0
TPS
7/15/1999 9:12:52 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.replication 4591 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Please post the debug output by setting the debug=yes registry entry (see
help file)

--
David Fishburn
Sybase

TPS wrote in message <378E4ED4.1931FA4@aros.net>...
>Previously I have been using a host name (xxxx.xxxx.com) in my FTP
>replication. This work perfectly fine.
>Due to certain circumstances I now need to use a static IP (i.e.
>111.111.11.11) I placed this in the registry
>and now all I get when I try to replicate is the FTP dialog prompting
>for HOST,USER,PASSWORD,STARTUP
>directory. Does anyone have an idea on what could be wrong? I am using
>5.5.04 build 1867
>
>Thanks
>TPS

0
David
7/19/1999 3:17:07 PM
In some networks the method that the ftp link used to look up address
information caused a reverse DNS lookup on the address given. This would
not work in all situations. This problem is fixed in 5.5.04 build 1978
and up.
---
Kyle

TPS wrote:

> Previously I have been using a host name (xxxx.xxxx.com) in my FTP
> replication. This work perfectly fine.
> Due to certain circumstances I now need to use a static IP (i.e.
> 111.111.11.11) I placed this in the registry
> and now all I get when I try to replicate is the FTP dialog prompting
> for HOST,USER,PASSWORD,STARTUP
> directory. Does anyone have an idea on what could be wrong? I am using
> 5.5.04 build 1867
>
> Thanks
> TPS
0
Kyle

Replication is not replicating
The new database is added to the replication system but all tables on the RDB are empty. Setreptable is on and there's no uncommitted transaction. It is using default action class and there's no loss detection. Queue is caught up. We turned on "dsi_buf_dump" and it shows on the error log that the transaction executed on the PDB is replicated. However, the table is again empty on the RDB. Log is not full on both RDB and RSSD. Maint user is dbo. What else can I take a look at? PDS and RDS is 11.0.3.3, RS is 11.0.3 I don't remember since what version warm ...

Replication agent truncating FTP host address
Hi, We have a strange problem at one of our client sites that we can't explain, nor replicate. Here is a background of the issue: We have several databases at our office for different clients. All are set to consolidate using the FTP method. All remote laptops have the same settings in the database for the host address. At one particular clients site the remote message agent is truncating the host address when it attempts connection. All other clients using different databases, but the same host address work fine. We are using Sybase 8. The setting in the database for the h...

how to access a website using a url name instead of giving ip address
 hi to all!i have developed a web site using asp 2.0 and deployed it on server  now when my client want to access that site he has to enter ip address in the url like http://192.168.0.84 to access the website. i want to give them a url name like (www.something.com) can someone suggest me how too do this.thanks in advance   Thanks & RegardsRuchika SharmaPune-- This is not a problem....You just need dynamic dns.....you can use a site like NOIP.com.....or another....  http://www.no-ip.com/   Setting up dynamic dns will allow the user to type the act...

Managed server list in NRM using DNS name instead of IP address
Hi all. When I go into NRM and go to the bottom link and click on managed server list it brings all of my servers up just fine. However as I move the mouse across the server names I see the DNS name instead of the IP so when I click on the applicable server it goes to page can not be found. If I enter the IP address manually everything is OK. My question is where can I go to change the link from using the DNS name to the IP. Example: dmznoell.com is what it shows when it should show http://192.168.60.5 thanks Mark, It appears that in the past few days you have not rec...

Replication using FTP
I have been using file transfer with version 5.5.02 and using a dos FTP client to transfer the message files to and from the FTP server. I really want the files to go directly to the FTP Server. I have installed version 5.5.04 Build #1867 and entered the host, user, password and root_dir information in the registry. However, when I run dbremote I am prompted for this information. I enter the information on the screen but get the following result: Sybase SQL Remote Message Agent Version 5.5.04 Build #1867 Copyright by Sybase, Inc., and its subsidiaries, 1988, 1997. All rights re...

ftp replication host
I am using 5.5.04 with ftp replication. When I run dbremote, it's prompting me for ftp login. My ftp service is running on NT machine. On some machine, if I entered host address, It's giving me error, Connection Refused. Host Invalid. But if I entered host name, it's working fine. Do I need to set something to connect the ftp server using host address. -- Mahendra Dhamdhere, CPDA Email:mahendrad@hotmail.com Pl. Remove nospam_ from email id What happens when you try it from a command line? ftp ftp.powersoft.com vs ftp 199.99.999.999 ? -- David Fishbu...

Using FTP for replication
I am using ASA to replicate between several sites and my corporate office. I was, at one time, using the FILE transport method. This has been quite quirky for me. So, I am looking to change this to use FTP. As the manuals are soooooo helpful, can someone explain whether the machines that are running the FTP replication feature need to have FTP services (ie: IIS) running on the machine, or is the FTP service embedded in the ASA product? If you have any additional comments or pitfalls experienced, please respond as well. Thanks. Gregg Jenkins Project Manager Whitlockebs ...

Replicating a table using replication defns and subscription
Hi, We have a table in a database, which is in a warm standby setup. The table has more than 128 columns and has a timestamp column. The ltm bombs out giving an error about not being able to handle more than 128 columns. Is it possible to replicate this one table using a replication defn and subscription? Would these steps be ok. use warmdb exec sp_reptable table, false exec sp_setreplicate table, true create a rep definition. define a subscription. activate it. validate it. check it. Has anyone does this before? We are having problems setting up the subscription. Pleas...

host name change and/or host ip address change for sqla server
If a sqla server's name (host=server_name) or ip address is changed, will that cause a problem for sqla 10/11 when it is restarted? Thanks, Doug No problems for the server itself... client connection strings *may* have to change, but only if they already require LINKS=TCPIP(HOST=... to be specified. Breck On 19 Jun 2009 14:27:47 -0700, "Doug Stone" <doug.stonenospam@res-q.com> wrote: > >If a sqla server's name (host=server_name) or ip address is changed, will >that cause a problem for sqla 10/11 when it is restarted? >Thanks, >...

How to get IP Address and ISP name (With county name) using asp.net C#
 Dear FreindsI wanna know about getting IP address and ISP name of the user who get into my web site. Some one with the good detailed C# solution please reply me. If you have made any class for this purpose kindly share it with me. Thank You aliusmankhanC#.NET 3.5Web.DevAJAX  You can get the IP address using Server variables string ip = HttpContext.Current.Request.ServerVariables["REMOTE_ADDR"];or this string strHostName = System.Net.Dns.GetHostName();string strIp = System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses(strHostName).GetValue(0).ToString();  For getting country ...

Replication using FTP #2
How I can create remote users ? I used: grant connect to {usr} identified by sql; grant remote to {usr} type FTP address 'ftp.cumerlatoschuster.com.br'; DBREMOTE log: Sybase SQL Remote Message Agent Version 5.5.04 Build #1867 Copyright by Sybase, Inc., and its subsidiaries, 1988, 1997. All rights reserved. Sybase is a trademark of Sybase, Inc. Incoming messages from directory ftp.cumerlatoschuster.com.br/ The address given is invalid. The address must be a directory name with no path separators. Execution completed ftp setup is almost identical to file...

How do I replicate from primary to replicate with different names, same table structure???
Sorry about this one guys. I have done this before but can't remember how I did it. I have tablea on the primary and tableb on the replicate. They have the same structure but different names. How do I replicate data from tablea to tableb. I would rather not deal with the function strings. I believe it can be done in the creation of the replication definition or the subscription. Please help. Thanks, Clyde Found it. I was looking at old documentation for the 11 replication server while running an 11.5 instance. For those curious, this can be accomplished by us...

How to get Hostname, IP address, port number, DB name, instance name using Query
As we know, normally we connect to a sybase server by just identifying the node name and interfaces file and necessary properties, but currently I want to get Host-name, IP address, port number, DB name, instance name of connected server out after connection created. Does any one how to use query to do so? Does sybase provide such functionality? Seems oracle can do so... If there is no query, does sybase provides any API which can implement this? Thanks! instance name: select @@servername [assumes the DBA has defined a local entry in syservers] db name: select db_name() [can...

replication using ftp #3
Hi SQL Anywhere 9, windows Can i change default ftp port (21) to another? (how?) Audrius P. On 2 Nov 2005 00:17:24 -0700, Audrius P. <audrius@tanagra.lt> wrote: > Can i change default ftp port (21) to another? (how?) set remote FTP option ...

Web resources about - FTP replication using a static IP address instead of a host name - sybase.sqlanywhere.replication

DNA replication - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
DNA replication is a biological process that occurs in all living organisms and copies their DNA ; it is the basis for biological inheritance ...

Facebook Slashes Data Replication With HDFS RAID
Avoiding replication is a key component of efficient data storage , and one method Facebook uses to accomplish this task is HDFS RAID , which ...

PolSci Replication (@PolSciReplicate) on Twitter

Encryption in demand for backup and replication: Veeam
When it comes to backup and replication, Veeam has found encryption is one of the most requested feature by businesses.

John Sands Australia cuts data replication time from 14 hours to three
Corporate data replication was taking up to 14 hours to complete at greeting card company John Sands Australia until data acceleration software ...

EMC gives VMware admins the reins to replication and recovery
EMC is putting replication and recovery into the hands of VMware administrators with a software version of its RecoverPoint appliance that's ...

Facebook Slashes Data Replication With HDFS RAID - SocialTimes
Avoiding replication is a key component of efficient data storage , and one method Facebook uses to accomplish this task is HDFS RAID , which ...

Violin to bring deduplication, replication, other tools to all-flash storage arrays
Violin Memory plans to add deduplication, thin provisioning, snapshots and other features in a software update for its all-flash storage arrays, ...

Art & Craft: The Story of an Art Forger Whose Artwork Replication Isn't Actually Illegal
Let me just start off by saying that I don't condone illegal forgery or theft—but I do think that someone who can put the art world in a tizzy ...