DBRemote API from PowerBuilder

Hi ,

Does anyone know how to call DBRemote using an API from within PowerBuilder
?

Thanks in advance

Steen Jakobsen /DM software

0
Steen
5/21/2002 6:10:01 AM
sybase.sqlanywhere.replication 4591 articles. 0 followers. Follow

SQLAnywhere API
Hello, I have a consolidated database with 43 remote databases and replication is made thru dial-up connections and FTP. I want to know at one given time if a specific remote db sent its' messages, and if they're were successfuly applied to the consolidated db. There is some API functions able to do that think or i have to parse the transaction log? Version 5.5.04 Build #1867 Best regards, Lucian CHIRIAC you could check the table sysremoteusers "Lucian Chiriac" <lucianchiriac@xnet.ro> wrote in message news:RQzkdC09BHA.290@forums.sybase.com... > ...

Replicating through an API
I want to trigger replication (i.e. MobiLink) from Powerbuilder. Does anybody know I MobiLink or any other replication technology has an API or a COM component that can plug into Powerbuilder or VB? Thanks... You can shell out and call the DBMLSYNC exe from within your PB app. Either that, or you have to code a C application to call it. -- David Fishburn Certified SQL Anywhere Associate Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions Professional Services Please only post to the newsgroup EBFs and Maintenance Releases http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm Whitepapers http://www.syba...

DBRemote API
Hello, Has anyone had experience invoking replication from api calls from a PB application? Is the api available? Thanks. Jeff Black The API is available, though not well documented. It works like any other DBTools API call which are documented. The structure information you need is in the file dbrmt.h. I have a number of customers who are using it with no difficulties. /steve -- Stephen Rice Technical Support Manager Mobile and Embedded Computing Division of Sybase email: srice@sybase.com Jeff Black wrote in message ... >Hello, > >Has anyone ha...

sqlanywhere replication technician required for seting up very small replication system
i have 2 locations running 10 user lans on each end. we use a package calle client data system for insurance agents, we need someone to set up for us a replication system between both offices. it uses sqlanywhere i forget which version . can anyone direct me to a person , resource in sydney australia that can help me with this herc ...

dbremote to dbremote
Hi all ! Dbremote can't receive messages directly from another Dbremote, it requires existance of some other software (ftp,mail ...). It seems usefull in specific situation for DbRemore to be possible to get messages directly from anothetr DbRemote. Thanks, Yasha "Yasha" <yasha_brener@atrica.com> wrote in news:407d2a29$1@forums-2-dub: > Hi all ! > > Dbremote can't receive messages directly from another Dbremote, it > requires existance of some other software (ftp,mail ...). It seems > usefull in > specific situation for DbRem...

Replication is not replicating
The new database is added to the replication system but all tables on the RDB are empty. Setreptable is on and there's no uncommitted transaction. It is using default action class and there's no loss detection. Queue is caught up. We turned on "dsi_buf_dump" and it shows on the error log that the transaction executed on the PDB is replicated. However, the table is again empty on the RDB. Log is not full on both RDB and RSSD. Maint user is dbo. What else can I take a look at? PDS and RDS is 11.0.3.3, RS is 11.0.3 I don't remember since what version warm ...

SQLAnywhere Replication
From your manual Adaptive Server, 1997, replication, I did the tutorial starting from page 40. I did the replication on page 92. However, on page 93 at the field end I got the data for both rep1 AND rep2. The manual says that I should get only rep1 as per my subscription on page 77/78 What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Oded Szpiro oded@travelcafe.org Can you post the the publication you created. Post the subscriptions you created. -- David Fishburn Certified SQL Anywhere Associate Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions Professional Services Please only post to the newsgroup ...

sqlanywhere and powerbuilder
hello!! when i try to connect to database sqlanywhere using ODBC, i get an error message: "Catalog tables could not be create and are not available for use" i put all rights to user dba. what i do? i wanna see all tables all data thanks... -- Cornelio Royer Gerente General WIN SOFT CORP., S.A. telefono: 317-0134 celular: 674-1218 When you connect for the first time, you need to connect with user id of SYS or SYSTEM, well I don't remember exactly which one. Anyway, it's a db default id that allows the PB catalog tables to be created and th...

POWERBUILDER API SITE ???
Hi ! From the Sybase docs and from may PB links on the net, a site devoted to API for PB should be found at the following addresses: * http://newebsolutions.com/api/ or http://www.newebsolutions.com/api/ * http://choa.com/api/index.html But I don't find them at the above URL's. Does somebody know if this site is down (or dead ?) for now on, or if a new link exists (but is not mentionned) ? Tanks! mailto:jdessart@consultant.com Don Salomon, who was the author of these sites, informed me that he has closed them down since he is no ...

dbRemote API and Delphi
Hi ! How to use dbRemote API from Borland Delphi 4 ? Thanks. Yuri ...

Replication Server and DBRemote
Hi, I want to know about if anyone is working with Replication Server and DBRemote toghether. I want to use RS to replicate with connected sites (ASE Servers) and DBremote to replicate with disconnected ones (ASA Servers). According with Sybase Support I must put an intermediate ASA server with Rep Agent for ASA working as gateway between disconnected sites and the central site. Thanks for any suggestion or experience. Gabriel Mautino. sgabriel@arcride.edu.ar Hi Gabriel, Prior to about SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 and SQL Remote 5.5.04 you could not run SQL Remote on a...

POWERBUILDER API SITE ???
Hi ! From the Sybase docs and from may PB links on the net, a site devoted to API for PB should be found at the following addresses: * http://newebsolutions.com/api/ or http://www.newebsolutions.com/api/ * http://choa.com/api/index.html But I don't find them at the above URL's. Does somebody know if this site is down (or dead ?) for now on, or if a new link exists (but is not mentionned) ? Tanks! mailto:jdessart@consultant.com Don Salomon, who was the author of these sites, informed me that he has closed them down since he is no ...

DBremote Replication problem
Dear all, I encountered problem on running the DBremote currently i am running ASA 6.04 I have setup the dbremote to run every few hours thru out the day at first it was sucesfully but subsequently i encountered this problem please take a look at the log file for more details. I. 09/08 10:15:32. Sybase SQL Remote Message Agent Version 6.0.4.3594 I. 09/08 10:15:32. I. 09/08 10:15:32. This software contains confidential and trade secret information of I. 09/08 10:15:32. Sybase, Inc. Use, duplication or disclosure of the software and I. 09/08 10:15:32. documentation by the U.S...

PowerBuilder API Site
What happened to the Powerbuilder API Site http://newebsolutions.com/api ?? On Sun, 10 May 1998 13:11:18 -0400, Charles Drolsbaugh <chas@snip.net> wrote: >What happened to the Powerbuilder API Site >http://newebsolutions.com/api ?? > I don't know. It's been down for some time. Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS] | Source Consulting mailto:bruce.armstrong@eudoramail.com | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com | http://www.experienceondemand.com Preach the gospel at all times.If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi] On Sun, 10 May 1998 13:11:18 -0400...

Web resources about - DBRemote API from PowerBuilder - sybase.sqlanywhere.replication

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles