Creating a custom migration process for SQL Remote databases / handling of SQL Remote tables

Hi all,

I would like to invite you have a look at one more SQL Remote-related
question on the SQLA website (particularly, as I have asked them:)

http://sqla.stackexchange.com/questions/1080

Kind regards
Volker
0
Volker
9/22/2010 2:42:19 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.replication 4591 articles. 0 followers. Follow

SQL Anywhere stops working when using remote a remote database with proxy tables
I am using SQLAnywhere Version 7.0.03. I moved a number of tables from my master database to a second database using the proxy tables feature. My application no longer works properly. Prior to making the above change, we have operated for several years with no problems. What now happens in our mult-user system is we will doing some sort of database access (e.g. one user is doing an insert of blob data and another is selecting data (from a different table)) and everything gets hung up. I read the documentation about proxy tables and there was the following discussion: ...

How to import excel sheet into SQL Database in SQL Server from Remote SQL Client
 Hi all, I need to import Excel sheet into SQL Database in SQL Server machine.this excel sheet can be kept in any where.it may client or server machines.but I need to import it using any SQL client(Remote Client in web) machine.I can do it using  SQL Sever Machine.but it doesn't work using SQL Client  machine.I need to do it using  SQL query.it imported using Import/Export wizard in SQL through SQL Client machine.but it can't using SQL quary.Please tel me how I do this.Following are my code.---------------------------------------------------------------------...

SQL Remote 6 cliend w SQL Remote 9 server
The documentation for ASA 9 states Software upgrades can be one site at a time Older Message Agents can exchange messages with Version 9 Message Agents as long as the COMPRESSION database option is set to a value of -1 (minus one). There is no need to upgrade software throughout the installation simultaneously. Does the COMPRESSION value need to be 1 at the consolidated only, or at the consolidated and the remotes? <Tom Iarusso> wrote: > The documentation for ASA 9 states > > Software upgrades can be one site at a time Older Message > Agents can excha...

SQL Remote message "A SQL Remote message has been deleted"
I have got the following message will sql RemoteAgent is sending messages at the conslidated database I. 03/14 02:08:53 A SQL Remote Message has been deleted And the message has been repeated 20 times before sending again I am using SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 Build 2509 and SMTP messaging Thanks This message was posted during the sending phase and not the receiving stage? Did you go to an old backup of the consolidated database without applying log files to get you back to the same point before you started recovery? Reg Domaratzki "Haytham Arafa" <haytham...

Replicating trigger action with SQL remote (SQL/Anywhere)
I need to replicate the actions of a trigger in one of my tables. I've tried to use the -t option when running dbremote, but this still does not replicate the trigger actions. Is there a solution to this problem? I need to replicate the action of the trigger because I'm trying to do the following: I need a sigle unique id for record in a table, and that table may be inserted into at any number of remote databases, and at the consolidated database. I've used an autoincrement column and a current publisher column as the actual unique primary key, and have another column ...

I imported a SQL Table into SQL DataBase, But I can not update this table even with SQL Server management Studio
I imported a SQL Table into SQL DataBase, But I can not update this table even with SQL Server management Studio When I change any data on mentioned table above, Red exclamation sign appears left of the record . How can I correct this problem?  Thanks. Try running the UPDATE via Query Analyzer...and see if you get an error.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.***********************...

SQL Remote replication on master/details tables
Hello, I am trying to replicate data in publication containing 5 tables on a SQLA 5.5.03 database, say Table A to E. Table A is the primary table. Subscriptions are made base on a column value of this table. Table B has a foreign key referencing Table A. Table C is a link table to link Table B, D and E. Table C has 3 foreign keys referencing Table B, D and E. The publication is: Create publication pub_name( Table A subscribe by Col1, //Col1 is the primary key to Table A Table B subscribe by Col1, //Col1 is the fkey reference to Table A Table D subscribe by (select Col1 fro...

upgrade ASE database with SQL remote replication
The SQL remote replication is between ASE and ASA database. Does the secondary truncation point need to set 'ignore' before the ASE database is upgraded ? Thanks Yes, correct. You do need to ignore the secondary truncation point with dbcc settrunc( 'ltm', ignore') in the ASE database before upgrading. Of course your log should be totally drained using ssremote -i, before doing that. After successfully upgrading you have to set that back to 'valid' "liy" <LI_YUPING@bls.gov> wrote in message news:%23r8X8U8SDHA.3...

Replicating passwords from one remote database to other remote databases
I am attempting to replicate password changes from a remote database to the consolidated database to all other remote databases. The reason I am attempting this is we are implementing "multi-user" remote databases, where a db user created on the consolidated can be on one or more remote databases. I want to only allow remote users to change their db passwords, but have those password changes replicate to all other remote databases. My initial thought was to have a table that maintained db user name and encrypted password that would be subscribed to by all remote databas...

How to connect to Remote SQL Server database using SQL Server 2005 Express
Hi,I've an account with a hosting service provider online for SQL Server database. I've downloaded SQL Server 2005 Express from ASP.Net. How can I use it to connect to my SQL Server Database which is sitting on remote server? The hosting provider gave me following things to connect to the remote database.Server NameDatabase NameUser NamePasswordRegards,A.K.R    Anyone? I don't want to ask the obvious, but is there not a Read Me file included with the download of SQL Express which would explain how to connect? Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I've only ever briefly ...

SQL Anywhere 8.0.2 SQL Remote FTP replication problems
Hi all, I have a problem setting up the FTP message control parameters with SQL Remote. I use the SET REMOTE FTP OPTION statement to do this. See an example. Considering a remote user with name 'pippo'... SET REMOTE FTP OPTION pippo.host = 'my_host'; SET REMOTE FTP OPTION pippo.user = 'mickey'; SET REMOTE FTP OPTION pippo.password = 'mouse'; SET REMOTE FTP OPTION pippo.root_directory = 'root_dir'; These four statements set FTP parameters for the pippo database user. This means that I want that the user pippo gain access to the replicati...

SQL Database user account access remotely via SQL Management studio express
Hi, I hope you can help.I have configured a Windows 2003 web server and SQL 2005 Server (on same box) to successfully allow remote connections and to allow access via SQL Server Management Studio Express 2005.The problem I have is that I want to restrict access to the databases on the server via the Management Studio to specific databases e.g. 1 database user "sees" only 1 database.I can configure it so that the user's remote  access permissions do not allow access to other databases but they can still "see" the database listed in the Management Studio explorer.I...

Create a custom webpage to edit/update a table in a SQL database.
Hi everyone, this is is my first post, so please reply and help. I'm working on a project right now that uses asp 2.0 and SQL server 2005 express edition. This is a general idea of the project. In our company some of us receive ECO notifications (engineering change orders) for our products and we need to implement these to the test scripts that are on the production floor.  So the project is about entering the new ECO into a database which will send an automatic notification to our test team. When they receive the notification they will have to sign in to the w...

Aspnet_regsql.exe to create Membership Tables in a remote SQL Server
 Is it possible to create the membership tables on a remote SQL Server using the Aspnet_regsql.exe utility?Thanks  Yes, it prompts you where you would like to setup the tables. When prompted for the server, just put in the remote servers address and credentials. Here is a walkthrough I found using MSN. http://www.shiningstar.net/ASPNet_Articles/SqlMembershipProvider.aspx...

Web resources about - Creating a custom migration process for SQL Remote databases / handling of SQL Remote tables - sybase.sqlanywhere.replication

Migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EU-Turkey summit to center on stemming migration flow
EU-Turkey summit to center on stemming migration flow

Security is a major concern for cloud migrations
... Moreover, 40 percent worry about the loss of physical control over data in the cloud. In particular, 69 percent of companies fear migration ...

IMPORTING ISIS: Paris Terror Attacks Prove the Mass "Refugee" Migration is a Trojan Horse
... to acting, and how do we stop them from acting,” he said. As Islamic expert Robert Spencer writes in Front Page Magazine, this mass migration ...

THE US EMV MIGRATION REPORT: What new chip cards mean for consumers, issuers, and merchants
... includes cards that store user information on a chip rather than a magnetic stripe — to make card-present payments more secure. The migration, ...

U.S.-Mexican migration study counters 2016 campaign narrative
Finding by Pew Research Center represents turning point in one of the largest mass migrations in U.S.

This mass migration to US is over
Over the past 10 years, migration from has slowed considerably, partly because of America's sluggish economy.

Migration to Windows 10 to be fastest yet, says Gartner
Windows 10 is poised to become the most widely installed version of Windows ever, following on the path of Windows XP and Windows 7 before it, ...

Google, CloudEndure Offer Free Data Migration to Cloud Platform
Google and Cloud Endure are offering free data migration services to any business interested in transferring data from five or more servers to ...

Africa-Europe: The politics of migration
While Western eyes have recently focused on the east and arrivals from Syria and Afghanistan, people from a dozen or so African countries continue ...