5.5.03 or 5.5.04??

I hope this has not been asked to death?  But I will be upgrading our test
system from 5.5.02 build 1495 to either 5.5.03 or 5.5.04.  First is there
anything in 03 that is not included in 04?
Second, are there any known problems with 04?  I'll listen to facts, rumors,
opinions, etc.

TIA
Shannon

0
Shannon
6/24/1998 4:35:02 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.replication 4591 articles. 0 followers. Follow

5.5.04 seems pretty stable.

--
Terry Black
HCIA, Inc.
Shannon Griffith wrote in message ...
>I hope this has not been asked to death?  But I will be upgrading our test
>system from 5.5.02 build 1495 to either 5.5.03 or 5.5.04.  First is there
>anything in 03 that is not included in 04?
>Second, are there any known problems with 04?  I'll listen to facts,
rumors,
>opinions, etc.
>
>TIA
>Shannon

0
Terry

5.5.03 OR 5.5.04 ?
I've just installed the 5.5.04 maint release. On opening my database (created in 5.5), its properties state that the version is 5.5.03. As many have no doubt upgraded to 5.5.04, could someone pls advise if this is 'correct' behaviour? Many thanks in advance -- MAX HUGEN Hugen Enterprises Pty Ltd Email: maxhugen@ozemail.com.au Tel: +612 9560 3061 Fax: +612 9564 5073 >I've just installed the 5.5.04 maint release. On opening my database >(created in 5.5), its properties state that the version is 5.5.03. >As many have no doubt upgraded to 5.5.04, could...

5.5.04 Creates 5.5.03 databases
Why does 5.5.04 create 5.5.03 databases? All of the files are the same date, 10/1/97, including DBINIT. I created the database using DBINIT and Sybase Central. Jack T. >Why does 5.5.04 create 5.5.03 databases? All of the files are the same >date, 10/1/97, including DBINIT. I created the database using DBINIT and >Sybase Central. I suppose you are looking at the version information from sql central. This shows the version of the db file format. The file format does not change with every release, and in fact did not change with the 5.5.04 release. Regards, ...

5.5.03->5.5.04 upgrade
I'm running 5.5.03. Can you download the latest updates from FTP and upgrade 5.5.03 to the latest 5.5.04, or does the .03-.04 upgrade have to be purchased somewhere first? George Hale SSC Group, Inc. Kerrville, TX Overlooking the Guadalupe You can download the upgrade for free from support.sybase.com. You'll have to register yourself to get a login ID, but that's free too. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dealer Solutions, Inc. Houston, TX See you at the Powersoft User Conference in August - http://www.sybase.com/events/psuc98 George Hale <sschale@ktc.co...

5.5.04 replication 4-5 times slower than 5.5.02????
In an effort to fix the bouncing delete issue, we moved from 5.5.02 to 5.5.04. Since that time, DBRemote requires about 20 hours to process 200-300 MB of messages. Prior to the move, it would complete execution in 5-6 hours. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks, Tom Jenkins ...

Upgrading 5.5.5 to 6.5.5
I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of any gotcha's or have any advice? LauraB@itdynamics.co.za wrote: > I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of > any gotcha's or have any advice? Not really. Before you upgrade rebuilt the post offices and domains or do at least a validate of the databases. If you are not really experienced I recommend to purchase the caledonia upgrade guide. -- Cheers, Edward ...

Moving from 5.5.00 to 5.5.04
All, We are making the move from 5.5.00 to 5.5.04 build # 1888 (A little late but making it none the less). We have been running 5.5.00 from inception and have been plagued by the missing primary key row problem as well as some passthrough problems. We have made some PASSTHROUGH changes to the current publications. To be safe, I am planning on removing all pubs and subscribers at each of the consolidated sights and redoing same after upgrading to 1888. Is there anything special I should do with respect to the consolidated database (Upgrade utility, etc) to ensure I get the best possi...

upgrade 5.5.04 to 5.5.05
I have build 1982 of 5.5.04 installed and tried to install 5.5.05 over this since there were a lot of bug-fixes. After installation had finished I notised that the installation had not replaced any files. I suspect the reason is that build 1982 of 5.5.04 has newer date (sep. 7. 99) than 5.5.05 (july 22. 99). What is the best version for me to use? If 5.5.05. is the best version, how should i upgrade? Thanks in advance, Lars Yes this is true - we look at file dates Please backup your software, then install 5.5.04 off your CD, then install 5.5.05 patch Lars Inge ...

Upgrading from 5.5.00 to 5.5.04
Greetings everyone I currently have the dubious honour of looking into upgrading our 5.5.00 database to 5.5.04 (the comments I have read in this ng regarding ASA 6 lead me to believe that a greater leap is too dangerous at this time). Our only previous experience of upgrading the database was a move from 5.0.02 to 5.5.00 which resulted in breaking our accounting module leading to numerous fixes and costly retesting. The breakages were mainly due to behavioural changes of the ODBC driver (e.g. in stored procs - not using the result clause for the column names and types for backward ...

Apply SQLAny Runtime 5.5.04 patch to 5.5.03
How do you apply a patch to update a runtime db? I downloaded the 3MB "Update file" I specify a location for the update and it copies files where it pleases. And doesn't upgrade my RT files. My RT files are kept in a different directory than my full version. TIA Greg Pauba >How do you apply a patch to update a runtime db? I downloaded the 3MB >"Update file" I specify a location for the update and it copies files where >it pleases. And doesn't upgrade my RT files. My RT files are kept in a >different directory than my full version. ...

Upgrade 5.5.5 to 6.5
I'm wondering if I can upgrade my whole backend (MTA & POA's) and then gradually (pick and choose) which clients I want to switch over to the new 6.5 client. Can I do this ? Caledonia's "GW 6.5 Upgrade Guide" says yes, but to watch out for 1) the renamed Sent Items folder and 2) D109 errors opening mail. Has anyone got the #2) error and is it very prominent ? David Schryer SOLGEN You can. The D109 error can happen from time to time. -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independant Experts Novell Support Forums Volenteer Sys...

Upgrade to 5.4.5 or 5.5
Hi, Currently we are running eBiz version 5.4.2.5 under Winodw2000. We are having cluster died issue since the beginning. Now we are planning to move to 5.4.6 or 5.5. Would someone help me to share if there are any serious issues with new versions (for windows)? Should we go with Win2000 or Win2003. Thanks Aftab Aftab,.. Our advise for this moment is to run impact 5.4.6. under Win2003. (See also your earlier replay on Carl's post) We do have some problems with startin a cluster from a earlier ersion of impact. The cluster won't start always correct or won't...

SQLAnywhere INNER JOINS Differ from 5.0.03 to 5.5.04?????
I have the following query in SqlAnywhere: SELECT ( IF sn.IsMainName = '1' THEN sn.ShFullName ELSE left( String( sn.ShFullName, ' (', sh.ShFullName, ')'), 40) ENDIF ) AS ShFullName, c.ClntChrtID, c.ClntActvtyStatus AS _, Sh.PrsnDob, Sh.PrsnSex, Sh.ShId, Sh.Status, a.shPhone1, a.shAddrss1, a.shAddrss2, a.shCity FROM ShName sn JOIN Sh ON sn.ShId = sh.ShId JOIN Clnt c on c.ClntShId = sh.ShId LEFT OUTER JOIN ShAddrss a ON c.ClntShId = a.ShId AND a.OwnrHwSiteId = c.OwnrHwSiteId WHERE Sh.Statu...

Upgrade database (5.5.01
If a db was created in 5.5.01, do we need to run upgrade database if we upgrade the software to 5.5.03 build 1698 ? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------C63B018AA916E4BCB659330A Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit The only inconsistances I've seen have been related to the OpenServer Gateway, which seems to need a 5.5.03 physical store to work. Any one else had problems? Dave Wolf Sybase Professional Services pjwarner wrote: > > If a db was created in 5.5.01, do we need to run upgrade database if we...

Dbremote 5.5.0 and 5.5.03 Crash.
Have a problem with dbremote crashing. I have 4 remote sites. At one of the remotes site and the consolidated site, dbremote crashes (GPF or something) after it prints Processing Active Transaction Log and before it prints anything else. This has had some unfortunate side effects. It appears that data was getting to the consolidated site, but not back out. Except for the one remote site. Any ideas? Wayne@aprompt.com Wayne, I have not had GPF problems but did have trouble similar to yours where stuff was coming in okay from the remotes but not replicating out correctly....

Web resources about - 5.5.03 or 5.5.04?? - sybase.sqlanywhere.replication

El Jerko! Sean Penn secretly met with fugitive drug lord El Chapo
El Chapo, meet El Jerko. Hollywood blowhard Sean Penn secretly met, interviewed, and posed for grip-and-smirk selfies with murderous druglord ...

US lottery jackpot rises to $1.3 bn after no weekend winner
The jackpot for the US Powerball lottery rose to a whopping $1.3 billion (1.19 billion euros) early Sunday after organizers said there was no ...

Matthew McConaughey Expected To Shine In Upcoming Civil War Film ‘Free State Of Jones’
Matthew McConaughey will lead a rebellion against the Confederacy in his upcoming film Free State of Jones . In what appears to be a passionate ...

US B-52 flight ups ante in nuclear weapons dispute with North Korea
USA TODAY US B-52 flight ups ante in nuclear weapons dispute with North Korea USA TODAY TOKYO – U.S. officials responded to last week's reported ...

Suspect charged in shooting of Philadelphia policeman: prosecutor
(Reuters) - A man claiming allegiance to Islamic State militants was charged on Saturday with attempted murder in the shooting of a Philadelphia ...

Rural Californians sympathize with protesters' goals in Oregon standoff
Sacramento Bee Rural Californians sympathize with protesters' goals in Oregon standoff Sacramento Bee Jerry Kresge, a cattle rancher in the ...

Surprise: Obama actually does get things from State of the Union
Sacramento Bee Surprise: Obama actually does get things from State of the Union Sacramento Bee As he prepares for his final State of the Union ...

Hands-on review: CES 2016: Acer Aspire Switch 12 S
Acer has been at the 2-in-1 laptop game for a long time and while its Switch series hasn't always impressed with some clunky and bulky systems, ...

Lena Dunham Shows Her Support for Hillary Clinton
Lena Dunham speaks to the crowd while wearing a Hillary sweater at a Hillary Clinton for President event on Friday afternoon (January 8) in Manchester, ...